[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there no good mobile games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Why are there no good mobile games?
>>
>>322560462
that steven universe game was pretty good
>>
Crossy road is p good. So is time surfer.
>>
The Lack of a reasonable controller.
>>
>>322560462

Neko Atsume is pretty good senpai~~~! :3
>>
>>322560850
a touch screen is like the same as a mouse
youre limited to point and clicks but an increase with UI elements because the lack of buttons
>>
File: 3oHFSdy.png (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3oHFSdy.png
89 KB, 640x480
>>322560462
The majority of Mobil gamers are causal players so that is why the drive to have more casual games.

If your looking for a good game try "Tyrian 2000"

it's a good vertical shooter (or whatever the fuck you call them.
>>
>>322561270
where "clicking" covers up half the screen and might register as any part of your finger which covers up around 6,000 pixels.
>>
>>322560462
Because of the lack of physical buttons reduces input value significantly, and the fact that success in the market place is largely based on basically random chance and memes.

Also, there's no reason to build a good game when you could just make it a boring grindfest unless you pay money for it.
>>
Would /v/ be interested in an RPG for Android?
It looks like it'll last ten hours on the first play (I'll update it for free with more maps and shit)
Should I charge $10 or $5?
>>
>>322561416
hence why there needs to be more ui elements to work with that problem
>>
Final Fantasy Record Keeper is pretty fun.
>>
>>322561620
>$10
Absolutely not. That's a prohibitively high price in the mobile market.

If you really want to make money, you have to push microtransactions. Really.
>>
The mobile version of Dead Space I found to be enjoyable. Went on sale for 99 cents. A while ago, was definitely worth it. World of Tanks mobile is fun, but frustrating to learn. Walking War Robots is fun as well. F2P model, but isn't really pay to win because you get free premium for the first 7 days, meaning you have plenty of time to get a good army of mechs going. Shit graphics, needs more weapons, no long term leveling or reward system, but a good time killer.
>>
>>322562007
$5 it is.
I'm not doing fucking microtransactions
>>
There's a handful, but nobody is making good mobile multiplayer games anymore. Everything is catering to the top .1% of players who pay out the nose to be the best. Which is a damn shame because Game of War or similar titles could be really fun if you had to be smart and actually work for your shit.

But that doesn't make money.
>>
The Room is iOS exclusive, and that's a fun hour or so
>>
>there are people who don't play Cetus or Deemo
>>
Dead Space
Deus Ex The Fall
Mass Effect Infiltrator
N.O.V.A 3
>>
File: 201011061404274130.jpg (45 KB, 335x600) Image search: [Google]
201011061404274130.jpg
45 KB, 335x600
>>322561497
>Because of the lack of physical buttons reduces input value significantly

Wouldn't prevent them from making great tbs games. But yeah, control aside theres no reason to put effort in considering the shit mobile users gobble up.
>>
>>322562291
mvp over here
>>
>>322561324
Pretty sure I had that game 20 years ago on my PC.
>>
>>322560462
Because the mobile market is full of people who want a game that can kill a few minuets while they wait for something. Most developers know this and make a game accordingly to maximize profits through adds or making it progress faster through payments.
>>
The Jet Set Radio port for iphone and android was really well done and a lot of fun, but then a few os updates later and the game crashes on startup. so what did our pals at sega do? they removed it from the market and pretended it never existed. yaaaay.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.