[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/. Finally looking to do a playtrough of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: DefaultThreadStartingImage.jpg (304 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DefaultThreadStartingImage.jpg
304 KB, 1024x768
Hey /v/. Finally looking to do a playtrough of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Which AMK mod should I start with? Or is Lost Alpha worth playing first?

Looking for a mod that adds the best A-Life and more content, if possible
>>
>>322558592
Meant to say, playing SoC
>>
>>322558592
I, and some others, suggest playing vanilla the first time. The most recent patches fix a lot of bugs up and make the vanilla game much more stable. Just make sure to play on master.

If you really insist on modding, check out the general thread on >>>/vg/ to see what the latest suggested mods for a first play are.
>>
File: AMK Mod Guide 3.1.jpg (645 KB, 1200x1816) Image search: [Google]
AMK Mod Guide 3.1.jpg
645 KB, 1200x1816
>>322558592
Play patxhed vanilla first, if you already haven't. It really helps you get a better perspective of what the mods do, or what you might want to change. The vanillas are already quite challenging towards the end, and atmospheric as fuck.

afterwards, the original AMK1.4 is the perfect way to re - experience the game. Here's its guide.
>>
File: nTBzDUp.png (146 KB, 760x509) Image search: [Google]
nTBzDUp.png
146 KB, 760x509
Play vanilla first you wonderful person.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>322559323
Here's the goid old rookie guide with more information and trivia.

Play in release order, always on the Msster difficulty, disable crosshair, and mind the bullrt physics! Starting gear sucks, we know that. Aim to the head.

Lost Alpha should not be played first. It is, after all, a fanmade game.
>>
>>322559023
>>322559323
>>322559519
These. AMK builds on vanilla in such a way that starting with it would probably be a bad idea. If you try AMK after finishing the game normally, you will have a hell of a good time though.
>>
File: STALKER SoC HUD guide1.jpg (457 KB, 1426x802) Image search: [Google]
STALKER SoC HUD guide1.jpg
457 KB, 1426x802
>>322559702
> all those typos
Blyat... I should not type with a phone.
>>
Do any of these mods fix the situation where stashes are empty if you don't have it on your PDA first?
>>
File: 1450399403880.jpg (47 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
1450399403880.jpg
47 KB, 399x600
Lost Alpha is trash

There's a reason they cut that content out and it's painfully obvious. It completely fucks the game's atmosphere. Play only for interest's sake in seeing what they cut out.
>>
>>322559902
It's designed to be like that in SoC and CS.

There are, however, numerous pre-set "stashes" of supplies and gear lying around the Zone, waiting for you to pick them up.
>>
I played the vanilla game first, and by played I mean I squeezed every last drop of it until I needed mods, at least that´s what I did.
>>
>>322560930
Same here. I was very skeptical of mods, since I had seen how Oblivion had turned out with them.

I think it was after my 3rd playthru that I finally tried one. It was the clusterfuck OL2, but it really sparked my love towards the game and later the series. I still spent a good two weeks on my first vanilla playthrus.
>>
I haven't played any other mods, but STALKER MISERY for CoP is great.
Are there any similar mods for the other games?
>>
>>322561453
AMK for SoC, The Faction War 3.x for CS.

Not exactly the same, but they expand the experience and increase difficulty quite a bit.
>>
File: Stalker Mod Guide.png (160 KB, 1853x818) Image search: [Google]
Stalker Mod Guide.png
160 KB, 1853x818
>>322561453
Major overhauls that add tons of questionable quality content? Dozens
>>
>>322561450

I also tried mods on my third play through but they were really long, I don´t remember how many hours I spend playing because I was so hooked on the game, that image couldn´t be more accurate, I was also playing it the true slav way, all settings low because I´m fucking poor so I had (still do) a portable toaster
>>
>>322563438
I feel for you man.
the worst "toaster I had pleasure of playing the Stalker was my old Windows XP machine, that had 2.4Ghz P4, 3GB DDR1and Geforce 6600 GT 128Mb. It ran SoC on DX9 Lighting, medium-Ish settings, 1024x768, at steady ~30fps average.
>>
>>322564029

That´s a little better than mine, but I still got to enjoy the game so it´s fine, I´ll get a good PC once I get a goddamn job.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.