[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone tell me if this is really worth reading? It seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 900x600
Can anyone tell me if this is really worth reading? It seems like it could be funny.
>>
>>322541589
It's famously bad
But you seem like a retarded faggot, so your mileage may vary
>>
>>322541589
Someone should translate and mail it to Miyamoto.
>>
>>322541589
What is this?
>>
>>322542403
A book about SMB3 and life of certain man known as Bob Chipman.
>>
>>322542403
Looks like SMB3 Brick by Brick by Bob Chipman, hoss.
>>
>>322541589
I have tried to read it once and will again at some point. Just reading a few pages was really bad.
>>
Looked it up and reviews for this thing are a trip.

>Comparing the opening of SMB3 to 9/11. No, seriously. Here's the line verbatim:
>"But the climactic reveal of SMB3 is burned – no, seared – into my memory the way JFK’s assassination was for my parents’ generation… or the way 9/11 would be for mine a scant 12 years from then…" Is he kidding me with this?
>>
>>322543652
It's literally the one serious article on p4rgaming.
>>
>>322541589
call me whatever. but I have it and read it and it was pretty good. for some reason he focused a lot on his personally life outside of the game, that didnt really matter me / was annoying in a game about a video game. If you can steal it / borrow it it's worth it. dont buy it though.
>>
>>322541589
>Can anyone tell me if this is really worth reading?

First half yes. Peering into the sad pathetic childhood of Moviebob is hilarity in of itself.

But then he actually gets to the Mario part and it literally becomes the most boring attempt of writing down a let's play ever. The only thing that saves that section is his interruptions with more of his pathetic life (it is in the Mario part where the infamous Grandma's funeral is from).
>>
>>322544137
>the infamous Grandma's funeral
never heard of it.
>>
>MFW I bought the pdf of this book just to pirate it, and then I got a refund

thepiratebay.se/torrent/8634581/Super-Mario-Bros-3_-Brick-by-Brick.pdf
>>
>>322544489
>Grandma dies.
>Gotta go to Grandma's funeral.
>Bob is incapable of interacting with his own family.
>Make up some excuse about fixing the air conditioner at home and ditch the funeral.
>>
>>322541589
I didn't know this was a thing. What I found about this book from the reviews is:

>3/4 of an autobiography
>the rest is actual text about the vidya

Could it be really THAT bad?
>>
>>322544720
That's not infamous, that's just horribly pathetic even by /v/ standards
>>
File: 1398306597746.jpg (87 KB, 647x361) Image search: [Google]
1398306597746.jpg
87 KB, 647x361
>>322545086
The guy has an existential crisis as a teen because Nintendo said Mario was born in the Mushroom Kingdom in Yoshi's Island when all of his life he fervently believed Mario was from Brooklyn (something he still holds out hope for even today).

He pretty much at that time says why should he bother to believe in anything if even 'Mario's creators couldn't get the lore right'.
>>
>>322545436
It was infamously pathetic when the book came out and /v/ was reacting to it.
>>
File: 1434702332830.jpg (36 KB, 499x372) Image search: [Google]
1434702332830.jpg
36 KB, 499x372
Say what you want about moviebob, but his opinion on a new movie is the first thing I consult before seeing it.
He's usually right when talking about movies, you know.
>>
>>322546134
>He's usually right when talking about movies, you know.

If anything his opinion is even worse when it comes to movies.
>>
>>322545757
jesus christ
>>
File: image.png (200 KB, 300x663) Image search: [Google]
image.png
200 KB, 300x663
So if the book practically tells his life story and we have anons here who have read it, can someone tell me when exactly he lost his grip on well-adjusted life and became *this*?
>>
>>322545757
That's some serious headcanon
>>
>>322541589
I like it because it's the prime example of how emotionally stunted you have to be to still think SMB3 is the best game ever or even the best Mario game.
>>
>>322546134
This literally makes you a bigger pleb than moviebob then, his movie criticism is legitimately some of the worst in the English language corner of the internet.
>>
>>322541589
Pirate it or whatever the hell the term is for e-books

It's pretty funny. Don't give Bob money though.
>>
>>322545436
>that's just horribly pathetic even by /v/ standards

That describes Moviebob in general. /v/ might be sad, but at least most people here don't consider moving out of your Mom's basement at 30 to be a big accomplishment.
>>
If your life is utter, irredeemable shit, then yeah, it's a great read. Will certainly make you feel better about all the horrible decisions you've made in your life.
>>
>>322548120
Probably when he moved out of his parent's house at the age of 31.
>>
>>322545436
Horribly pathetic, yes.

But any sane person wouldn't PUT IT IN A BOOK THEY INTEND TO PUBLISH
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.