[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You didn't hear this from me >Gamespots usual "best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: gamespot.png (42 KB, 800x255) Image search: [Google]
gamespot.png
42 KB, 800x255
You didn't hear this from me

>Gamespots usual "best X ever"contests bring in a lot of traffic
>we managed to inject ads into pictures, in a sense they've made it to where the pictures held adverts and wouldn't be blocked by adblocks
>we purposefully put in Undertale because we knew it would get garbage trucks worth of people flooding in
>we decided to put in some other big fan favorite games, and we purposefully made the bracket to where Undertale would be against incredibly popular games, like Super Mario World.
>we knew that if tumblr got word of it and if 4chan heard about it, it would soon spread like fire and we would get a shit ton of ad revenue
>and we did
>we got a 400% increase of traffic and over $60K (US Dollars) worth of money from this event
>they are going to do it again next year
I'm so sorry guys. I wish I could've stopped it. I still work there sadly, but goddamn I hate how they did this.

We were originally going to put in Five Nights at Freddy's but then we realized Undertale was the hip new trend and thought we could capitalize on it.
>>
so what? its their website, they can do what they want
>>
>>322512935
Nice blog mate
>>
>>322513260

You got played like a fiddle anon
>>
>generates a load of traffic when /v/ shits up their poll the past several years
>all of a sudden /v/ is complaining about generating more revenue

Can you all get over Undertale winning? You're as bad as those literal Nintenyearolds flooding Gamefaqs.
>>
>>322512935
I don't use Gamespot because they gave Kirby and the Rainbow Curse a 6 for being both too easy and too hard.
Gamespot has a huge fucking bias against Nintendo and a huge hard-on for Western shit.
>>
>>322514002
Their reviewers just suck. Mike Mahardy is alright.
>>
>>322514002
>>322514226
Funny you say that, sometimes we just get an intern or two to play it and combine their pros and cons. Which is what happened with Rainbow Curse.
Sometimes we even get someone who's never played a game in the series to play the game. Did you know that there are people who have never played Mario or Pac Man? Even we were stumped.
>>
>Gamespot, the most Jewish and known websites for gaming

>Pulling stunts for clicks

Yeah no shit
>>
File: Sticky.jpg (108 KB, 906x340) Image search: [Google]
Sticky.jpg
108 KB, 906x340
>>322514838
Since you're here. Get rid off pic related.
>>
>>322516336
I have no power to do that. One of our mods actually did get banned for mentioning a "spoiler" which we could've inferred from trailers, namely about how Finn was a traitor.
>>
>>322512935

What's Undertale? Is that some sort of new hip action packed video game with multi player capabilities and a Hollywood blockbuster tier script?
>>
>>322517151
Who got banned?
>>
>>322517672
Just a forum mod, pretty unknown, on the level of a janitor. I came back from christmas holiday to find out all this bullshit was happening. He got unbanned because the bot was bugged and didn't like how three words that were in the post triggered the banning
>>
>>322518173
But who was it?
>>
>>322518173
Like I said, I don't know. I was on holiday and I only heard that a janitor got banned from staff and they wont say who it was because they wanted to hide it, and wouldn't even address it to other members of staff.. Only people who worked on the site noticed it, and it was fixed within a minute or two, and he got unbanned because he told them that he got banned, but it could've been any mod/janitor. We didn't tell the forum users and we're sure that a few forum users have been banned because of the faulty bot too. They don't want to unban them, however. They're sneaky like that, and they tried hiding it but I caught word of it because they mentioned that the bot "caught a spoiler" but it couldn't find it. I'm actually gonna leave the site next year and hopefully I'll find a place that wont leave a black mark on my resume.
>>
>>322516336
>>322517151
Im a mod on gs, not touching that since I never post on that board. Seems kinda harsh tho.

You remember the days when system wars had a long multi-colored post listing all the rules and things you could get banned for? Good times.
>>
I got banned from Gameshit for a "troll account" because I took part in Bubble Bobble vs Halo discussions

I don't want my account unbanned, but it's ridiculous of them to assume that my Level 36 or whatever account was a "troll account" when it had many previous serious posts tied to it
>>
File: 1317091400430.png (15 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1317091400430.png
15 KB, 170x170
>media website makes money via ads and somewhat controversial articles/methods

SOMEBODY CALL THE COPS, O M G
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.