[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are many examples of series that got worse over the years,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1428359899595.png (11 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
1428359899595.png
11 KB, 470x454
There are many examples of series that got worse over the years, but are there any that actually got better?
>>
Metal Gear solid (1-4) felt like it just got better and better. Haven't played Peace walker or V though
>>
Donkey Kong country series?
The new x-com games are bretty gud too
>>
>>322486497
This. Most don't like 4 because "muh cut scenes" but there was plenty of gameplay surrounding it.
>>
>>322484616
The Ratchet and Clank trilogies both got better as they went along
>>
Dark Souls
>>
Kirby.
>>
>>322484616
monster hunter
>>
>>322486832
I guess but as an overall series absolutely not
>>
>>322486969
That's probably the worst example since DS1 > DeS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a frozen dog turd reheated in a microwave > your taste in vidya > DS2
>>
>>322488241

haha, nice DS2 sucks meme
>>
Yakuza
>>
Those new Shadowrun games have been getting significantly better with each iteration.
>>
Persona, easily
>>
Witcher
>>
>>322484616
Sonic genesis era (1-3)
>>
Fallout
>>
>>322486765
I feel like most people started playing with either 1 and 2 and skipped 3 or jumped into 4, then they were tricked by the contrarian section of fans into thinking 3 was the best, regardless of others.
4 was goddamn great, doesn't have to be your favorite but it's a good game and a good MGS most of all. I didn't find this bad dialogue or horrible story or gameplay anywhere. It was also the least repetitive.
5, on the other hand, was deludent, but it was alright.
>>322488461
>>322488372
Agreed, Yakuza in particular.
>>
>>322488371
Just because a lot of people say it sucks doesn't mean it's a meme you tasteless autist.
Most people also hate pop music, does that mean it's a meme instead of pop music just being horrible? Of course not.

Now go play your shitty game.
>>
>>322486681
This

The 3D DBZ fightan games only got better
Maybe the Bit.Trip series, I'm not actually sure of the order of release of them
>>
>>322489254
>Just because a lot of people say it sucks doesn't mean it's a meme you tasteless autist.
that's literally the definition of a meme
>>
>>322489557
meme
(noun)

1 : an idea, belief or belief system, or pattern of behavior that spreads throughout a culture either vertically by cultural inheritance (as by parents to children) or horizontally by cultural acquisition (as by peers, information media, and entertainment media)

So according to you people can't get an opinion about something without influence of other people. Thanks for proving my point about you being retarded.
>>
>>322489792
>So according to you people can't get an opinion about something without influence of other people
do you know how an opinion works
>>
>>322489301
no anything after tenkaichi 3 is shit especially xenoverse and Ultimate Tenkaichi
>>
>>322490083
I never played anything after tenkaichi 3
I thought xenoverse looked cool though, what was wrong with it?
>>
>>322490009
Do you?
If you were locked inside a basement with zero contact with the outside world, you wouldn't be able to form an opinion?
Let's say you start eating your own excrement, you wouldn't be able to tell it literally tastes like shit?

Stop being retarded please.
>>
>>322486765
>there was plenty of gameplay surrounding it
No there wasn't
>>
Grand Theft Auto
>>
>>322488082
I came here to say this. Purists may disagree but on average the series has grown in complexity and content.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.