[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't see any FO4 threads. Is everyone seriously done talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 29
File: ZzAjes8.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ZzAjes8.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
Didn't see any FO4 threads. Is everyone seriously done talking about this game?
Is it really that bad?
>>
it's a bethesda game, of course it's shit
>>
>>322483910
Yes
>>
Well, yeah. Have you never played a Bethesda game in your life?
>>
it's a fallout 3 on roids, same engine, same gameplay, same atrocious writing, terrible animations and human models
they had 7 years and did almost nothing
>>
>>322483910
Not bad, just short. I could only handle around 520 hours.
>>
>>322484586
just out of curiosity, what's your nationality and how old are you?
>>
It's just how your typical AAA game is hyped up then quickly consumed and forgotten about.
>>
File: 1259849986717.jpg (8 KB, 294x400) Image search: [Google]
1259849986717.jpg
8 KB, 294x400
Alright OP here's the pros and cons. These are unarguable facts.

Pros -

Exploration
Dynamic hud
Being able to move during convos
New looting system
Character creator
Grafix/lighting are an improvement clearly
Sounds pretty good if you ask me
Solid as fuck waifus/husbandos

Cons -

Not really an RPG anymore is it
SHIT DIALOG, shit voice acting for male and female, leave it alone autists
Can't really make your own character
Like one SPECIAL check in the entire game, your character is dumb as a rock even with 10 int
WHERE IS SHAUN, WHERE IS MY SON
The fucking plot Jesus Christ what a mess
Inconsistencies make it hard to give a fuck about anything because why would I when the creators don't even care?
Grafix are still kinda bad for the current year
Terrible console port UI and controls especially for settlement shit
Settlement shit is lazily tacked on and everything you make is lmao wasteland HOLE TECHNOLOGY garbage
Piper's mouth
Rad storms were a cool idea but really don't mean shit
Accents because Bethesda set it 200 years later but continues to write the game as if it were ten years later instead

I'm sure I'm missing some shit but this is the important stuff
>>
>make an old black man
>sounds like a young white man
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>322483910
>Is it really that bad?
No, if you dismiss the main story completly, don't care about the dialog, dont think it as a RPG and handle it like game that just happens to take place in a "falloutish" universe.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 397x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 397x298
>>322484586
>520 hours
>>
It cool as fuck for a while, but we really need mod tools to make a Bethesda game playable for more than 100 h.
>>
They ruined exploration by having random assholes tell you about every possible quest. There's no reason to look for stuff to do, some faggot will approach you in diamond city and tell you where you should go next. The chances of stumbling into a quest line (>implying the quests are ever even long enough to be called quest lines) are virtually nil.
>>
>>322485026
I thought the game looked pretty good, textures were kind of a mess, but the game ran at a solid 80fps and the lighting was pretty gorgeous.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1280x719
I couldn't even finish it, to be honest. I levelled up quickly because I wanted to gain access to the cooler skills and therefore more dynamic and varied gameplay options. I found that the gameplay didn't actually get more dynamic OR varied. Worse still, in the process of levelling up at what could only be described as a slightly accelerated pace (I didn't insanely out level the content or anything) I found myself completely unable to encounter a challenging enemy. I could literally one shot Deathclaws with my sniper rifle. I crushed everything in my path with pathetic ease. This wouldn't be that much of an issue were it not for the fact that, as it has been mentioned, the story was a complete mess and the RPG elements weren't engaging whatsoever. In the end, I guess the best way to describe my predicament was that I got halfway through the content with nothing left to do. So yeah, it's really that bad.
>mfw
>>
File: thecutest.jpg (1 MB, 807x2442) Image search: [Google]
thecutest.jpg
1 MB, 807x2442
>>322483910

Posting the cutest, as usual and mandatory.
>>
>>322483910

80% of the total quests are tied to the 4 major factions, and even then, a huge part of those quests are must do's if you want to proceed.

Fallout 4 does have some nice open world quests, like the one with the town over run by Mirelurks or the robots on the ship or the artistic serial killer, but they all end way too abruptly and you're just left holding your dick waiting for the climax that never comes.

8/10 - Good but not great

Nothing that mods and DLC can't fix but the game is pretty barren and underwhelming. What gets me the most, is how Fallout 4 is far, far better than Fallout 3, yet it isn't rated as highly. Has vidya in general gotten better so that the bar has been raised or are people so stupid that they can't judge games fairly without skewing?
>>
File: nah (2).jpg (83 KB, 534x592) Image search: [Google]
nah (2).jpg
83 KB, 534x592
>>322488261
>8/10

Dude, put your dick back into your pants because the heat is fucking your head. Come on 8? out of 10? this is an unfinished unpolished mess of a game that if it were another product like a pair of shoes or a tablet it would be turned back for manufacturer failure.

Shit, even 7/10 is too much but enough if you count it allows mods and there is tons of content and replayability value. Otherwise, 6/10 published too early.
>>
>>322483910
it's mediocre, which is arguably worse
it's not good enough to generate publicity about how it blew everyones' expectations out of the water, but it's not horrible to the point where everyone can smugly circlejerk about how bad it was and how right they were. it was just a bad fallout game and an okay 'RPG'.
>>
>>322483910
wide as an ocean deep as a puddle
>>
File: 1451417380018.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
1451417380018.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2044
>firing and reloading animations needed to be shared

A modder could say that, not the developers.
It's their own fucking game, what the fuck is their excuse?
>>
>>322489052

Feel free to give actual reasons why you think it's so low
>>
It gets boring as fuck after about 650 hours
>>
>>322490993
>shoot cancer on roids that damages bots too

Why the fuck did they scrap this? It would have been wicked cool to rot apart the whole Prydwen with this thing.
>>
>>322490993
>what the fuck is their excuse?

Incompetence. Even if it where something such as engine limitations. Incompetence still.
>>
>>322490993
Lazyness and like you said "It's their own fucking game"
>>
Gameplay is best of all the Fallouts.
First crafting system I gave a shit about.
At least the factions aren't good vs evil anymore.

but having no skills, few interesting quests, and not a ton of great locations ruins it.
>>
>>322483910
/pol/ pls fuck off back to reddit.
>>
>>322491463
Back to 9gag with you
>>
>>322491075
>6/10
>Being a low score

It's over mediocre. What happends is that casuals like you think every game below 8 is crap when it's not. 6/10 is a decent score for again an unfinished game, for people that enjoys exploring and shooting with minimum RPG elements. What drags it down is how unoptimized and unpolished in general it is, i mean come on anon, i can see how the game loads the textures in front of me as i play, and even once loaded it just look ok not impresive at all considering today standars.

How about that?
>>
>>322491346
Engine Limitations(TM)
>>
Its just baffling how long they spent on it versus what we got.
>>
>>322491075
Without any bugs and glitches and considering it allows mods, it would be a solid 8/10, but it isn't
>>
I'm actually on my way to sell it now.
>>
File: 1448422215024.webm (2 MB, 330x448) Image search: [Google]
1448422215024.webm
2 MB, 330x448
>>322483910

Here you go OP.

I hope this clears up some of your questions.
>>
File: 1448423219567.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448423219567.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>322492527
>>
>>322483910
I'm actually amazed at how all talk of it died down a week after release. Not even a shitstorm, just mediocrity.
>>
I loved fallout 3 and NV, completed them both near 100%
I played 4 for about 8 hours and didn't have fun once, it just feels like shit.
>>
>>322492737
We might get some more threads going when the GECK comes out and people start tearing the game apart. Then in a few months we'll have people asking dumb questions about getting loverslab working
>>
>>322483910
>>322483910
>Didn't see any FO4 threads. Is everyone seriously done talking about this game?
>Is it really that bad?

Bethesda's contract with all the marketers ran out
>>
It is just a mediocre game.

maybe the modders will make it better, but right now there is no point playing FO4 when it is just a shit game with boring quests and 0 character development
>>
Which special stats and perks are most important? Is there a level cap?
>>
>>322493102

Pretty much this. I'm pretty positive at this point that 80% of all positive attention paid to games here is shilling done by marketers. And probably 50% of the negative attention too.

From personal experience, I'd say that 3/4 threads that actually get more than 10 replies/responders were probably posted by shills, as are most of the initial replies.

Not that the mods will ever acknowledge this, since I'm sure 4chan gets it's slice of the pie for hosting the 'discussion'. Most threads on that topic tend to disappear pretty quick.
>>
>>322493894

Nintendo must have an on-going deal with 4chan considering there's multiple threads on Nintendo products and characters 24/7
>>
>>322493894
yeah, this board is just a marketing central for all kinds of games.

that is why this board is the one that have the most strict moderation.
>>
>>322483910
If it didn't call itself Fallout, it would be an okay post-apocalyptic shooter
>>
>>322490993
>Institute has had 200 years of scientific development
>their lasers are bigger, bulkier, and lower damage than standard laser guns
>but hey, they are blue!
>>
>>322493702
There is a cap at level 65000 or something like that but level 250 is all you need to reach to get all of the perks.

All of the special stats are important if you want to get all of the perks.
>>
It's okay if you look at it on it's own as an open world shooter game. If you want a Fallout game or even an RPG game then you'll be disappointed because it's clear Bethesda doesn't give a shit about the lore and they completely gutted the RPG mechanics.
>>
>>322483910
yes
>>
>>322494309
no nintendo fans shill for free
>>
>>322494536
>Institute spends countless years and resources on synths
>Makes an organic Mr. Handy with one less arm that cannot fly
>>
>>322494752
>Institute has over 200 years of technology and research
>Their leader dies of cancer
>>
>>322492527
Jet is a helluva drug.
>>
>>322495034
>Their leader dies of cancer
I think you mean dies from an explosive combat shotgun round to the face.
>>
>>322491956
Heh, yeah I think so. We'd just have gotten a dumb debuff a la Damage Health.
>>
>>322495034
>Captain Crunch gets some cybernetic implants, which are established previously in FO games
>This apparently makes his organic parts immortal also because reasons
>>
>>322495340
>explosive shotgun
I did give him cancer, though. Glad I didn't sell those gamma rounds.
>>
>>322495340
Kek
>>
>>322496482
>You cant do anything with the other 2 robotic parts you loot off of Kellogg.

The truly frustrating thing about FO4 is just how much stuff they left off the table.
>>
>>322483910
Not bad, just very mediocre.

I will admit it's a bit weird just how quickly people stopped talking about it.

Even normie newspapers and review sites are saying it's okay but not great.
>>
Fun but shallow mechanics and a super generic world without any choice or consequence. Nothing to talk about.
>>
>>322483910
I'm 7 hours in and have zero desire to continue.
>>
>>322483910

>pirate FO4 because I'm the buccaneer of the 7 proxies
>start game and create character
>Todd Howard forces me to buy vault subscription
>can't even bitch slap him
>get to vault
>wife killed in front of your eyes and baby taken away
>wake up years later in a wasteland
>0 emotions
>find a dog and venture in some town
>meet token black guy that needs help fighting raiders
>don't even get a choice to be a raider/slaver bro
>no choice but to help token black man
>supposed to be an RPG
>game is just help black man here and go get the shiggy diggy over there
>the most exciting part of the game is like 10 minutes in

I played for 2 hours and then uninstalled, it's not that it's really that bad but it's just boring and shallow.
>>
>>322483910
Put simply, there is no roleplaying potential. 'Call of Duty Black Ops II' literally had more story based choices than encountered in FO4. Almost every quest and sidequest is solved by violence. There are no clever solutions, and aside from a general purpose charisma stat none of the dialog is affected by your character build. You'd think something like a 'science' skill would translate into a character getting to ask more educated questions, but all the skills like science and guns and such are relegated to crafting. There is no faction reputation system or questline to join a faction and the expense of others; instead you can join all factions and be in good standing until the 11th hour.

The majority of the game is shooting and no running content is locked away per specific playthrough or build. You can do everything the game offers in one shot.

The radiant quest system is just fighting random mobs of enemies, which even normies find shallow.

The settlement system is novel for a little bit but quickly gets old.

This game is basically an open world shooter with enemies with dead stupid AI. Fun and shiny, but very little replay value. I already uninstalled it to make room on my PC.
>>
>>322485026
>Not really an RPG anymore is it
this is a pathetic argument that basically says "I don't actually have anything to complain about"
no games released these days as "rpgs" are actually "rpgs"
>>
File: War, war never changes.png (121 KB, 594x534) Image search: [Google]
War, war never changes.png
121 KB, 594x534
>>322492701
True to lore.
>>
can I play FO4 in console

I cba to buy it on PC
>>
>>322500180
just pirate it then. It isn't worth money.
>>
>>322483910
I've just started because I got it for Christmas. It's fun so far for me. Recently got Righteous Authority, so I'm having fun one-shotting feral ghouls.
>>
>>322499776
"Everyone is doing it so it's okay"
>>
I found the dialog to be very shallow and actually did a test where I reloaded a save before a conversation to test a suspicion.

There are occasions where you can pick different dialog options, but the NPC says the exact same thing regardless. There are many more occasions where the NPC has a prefix statement which changes to acknowledge my response, followed by identical content.

That means it's a linear FPS more than an RPG in my book.

Also, who the fuck wrote the "sarcastic" dialog options. The majority of the time they aren't even sarcastic.
>>
I hated how sticky and sluggish the melee is in this game.
>>
why does beth keep naming every dog dogmeat

the actual dogmeat is long dead on the opposite coast
>>
It's so fucking forgettable.

I regret that purchase so much.
>>
>>322499776
>no games released these days as "rpgs" are actually "rpgs"
Underrail and Age of Decadence are great RPG's.
>>
>>322500578
the dialogue wheel they went for is the worst part of the game to me. Sure people mock the shit like "Hate Newspaper." and stuff, but it's not until you use one of the dialogue mods that removes the paraphrasing that you see how often the "choices" you can pick are literally all the same shit.
>>
>>322500906
Bethesda is bankrupt of ideas, and they have a checklist of "iconic" shit they cram into a Fallout game. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.

That's the same reason super mutants were in FO4, even though they had a golden, no-brainer opportunity to create a wholly unique scientific abomination to fill the same gameplay role.
>>
File: Shockwaves.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shockwaves.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322492701
>>
idk what you salty nerds are talking about, because FALLOUT 4 is the BEST rpg out there. You are all too dense to realize youre ROLEPLAYING as a war veteran with a medal of honor. That's your role. Your all just mad that it's in 3d now. Go back to your 8bit shit.

i roleplayed as a dude with a badass lazer gun that i CHOSE the upgrades for. Player choice right there.

and Fallout is so cool. Like the Brotherhood of steel guys are these awesome future nights and the supermutants are like badass future orcs. AND HOLY SHIT A supersuper mutant I have to kill wit an epic nuclear catapult LMAO fuckin awesome .
>>
>>322501213
Hell, not only do they make Dogmeat a fucking primary character but they also make him an expert tracking hound that can instantly pick up a years old trail on Kellogg. Who the hell trained this wasteland mutt?
>>
>>322502092
nice, i give it 6/6 meme points
>>
File: 1437629335589.jpg (50 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1437629335589.jpg
50 KB, 380x380
>Try to make a cowboy like in NV
>Sounds like a fuckboy
>All the dialogue is terrible
>>
>>322483910
On /v/, if yoy aren't hearing about a game at all, the autists have probably moved on to bitching about something else. I for one welcome the silence on a game that is okay
>>
>>322485026
Accents bug the shit out of me. Unless there was a Vault 111 for dirty Soviet infiltrators, or the Bobrov Bros. are just faking their accents, why the fuck do people still have foreign accents? Vault 15 had the excuse that it was 100% ethnic communities, ethnics don't interbreed as much as Europeans, and Aradesh wasn't young.

But you'd need an enclave or otherwise significant group of of people with that accent to maintain an accent.

Also, not being able to call the Institute out on being hypocritical and contradictory dicksucks is bullshit. If Todd won't let me get into an argument over whether synths have true freedom of thought constituting sapience, then he could've at least let me tell the Institute that they're faggots for callously killing and allowing to be killed the people of the wasteland, and not even following their motto of "Mankind - Redefined".
>>
File: IMG_6679.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6679.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2044
Here's one more example of Bethesda lazyness
>>
>>322500578
that's most rpg.
and all bethesda games in general.
they just tried to fill all the dialog slot (because muh telltale) instead of just present the available choices like previous games.
>>
>>322501703
it isnt hitbox
you may notice how you can never slide through some holes on the wall in any todd game.
it's invisible wall/collision.
>>
i would love bethseda games if they actually had some quests.

oblivion was great because it had a shit ton of diverse quests

skyrim was worse because most of the quests were just: go get my amulet in a cave full of draugr

fallout has even less quests than skyrim somehow and they are even more shallow
>>
>>322502426
>urban cowboy
lmao.
>>
>>322502753
>She has to sit down alot

That bitch has been walking around Sanctuary begging for jet since day one. I think ive seen her sitting once or twice when im there.
>>
How do you get the full dialogue mod to work? It won't change from the shitty one word option wheel.
>>
>>322502753
>create a unique character
>scrap design and make character the same as everyone else
Bethesda!
>>
Whenever I think about 4's existence I get sad.

It's not an RPG, it's a mediocre shooter, and it's barely a FO game.
>>
>>322502753
>but also a bit distracting
phew boy am i glad they got rid of that I would never have been able to comprehend a woman sitting on a robot
>>
>>322503298
copied all strings files already?
just keep the wheels, not like it change anything. the unintentional entertainment is a huge plus in a bethshit game.
>>
>>322502614
International travel is canon in Bethesda Fallout.

Tenpenny and Moriarty are both directly from Europe. I suppose Dukov is too.

Mostly because its whacky I guess. Beth doesn't care if something fits into the setting.
>>
File: hqde56547fault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqde56547fault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>322502753
>concept art
>old black woman reminiscent of The Oracle from The Matrix in a decked out wheelchair with lights, chems and an umbrela

>in-game character
>some chain smoking voiced, old white trash junkie who sits down a lot
>>
File: image.jpg (390 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390 KB, 1920x1080
I still really like it. Am 120 hours in.

My character.
>>
File: 1284493642949.gif (2 MB, 312x176) Image search: [Google]
1284493642949.gif
2 MB, 312x176
>>322502753
>But also a bit distracting.
>>
Hype was insane. I got taken away by it again.

It was great for the first few hours before I realised that exploration was boring because there just wasn't going to be anything worth looking for out in the wasteland.

The unique loot is all such shite that doesn't matter at all.
In new vegas you could just set out with some supplies and without any specific destination in mind and you'd stumble into all kinds of crazy shit.
Here you stumble into just another gang of raiders with sweet pipe rifles that you never need to use or some shitty armour that's already way worse than what you have...

Oh and having to fucking level up to like 40 just to mod your weapons and armour. Fuck that. How about let me search for specialist parts that I need in some dangerous area instead of just putting arbitrary grind limits on key gameplay features.

There's plenty more wrong with this game.
>>
File: IMG_6680.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6680.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2044
>>322502753
Mr. Handy flying chair
>>
>>322503583
why is continental travel that hard to believe? Far from the dumbest shit in fallout
>>
Why was the entire quest based around a low res baby I saw for about 10 seconds?

Seems like a huge misstep in motivation, because I as a player don't give a shit, but my character is so over the top in dialog. The dissonance is very annoying and constantly reminds me I'm in an artificial world.

In a game like this, the player and character motivations really should line up more naturally.

I came in wanting to enjoy the game, but ended up loathing the main quest as my character screams about his stupid baby at every turn and I don't care.

And then all that voice acting was for naught because when my character finally meets his son there isn't a hint of emotional outburst. This is not even touching the logic of the plot itself; I could stomach a retarded plot if I was at least emotionally invested in something.
>>
>>322503709
what super kerrigan level is this?
>>
>>322503709
How do you get institute prefabs?
>>
>>322503564
Never done a mod before. I copied over the files from nexus and made the changes to the .ini files the instructions said.
>>
>>322488086
what are you talking about, I had to put it on Very Easy for the cpmbat to be bearable/sensible and not die in two hits constantly
>>
>>322503868
Homemaker mod.

Use console to set your affiliation to the institute and it comes up.
Build stuff. Then change your affiliation back.
>>
>>322502753
>distracting

As opposed to nearly every other bit of goddamn blandness in the fucking game
>>
>>322504146
did you use nmm or did it manually?
do you have
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, INTERFACE\
in the .ini?
>>
File: get well spoon.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
get well spoon.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
Can someone explain to my simple ass why the fucking Institute makes robots sapient when they can just build regular fucking robots?
>>
>>322504581
Because they can
>>
>>322504576
Manually and I do have that in the .ini.
I have the brackets and no wheel but it still shows the paraphrased one or two word dialogue.
>>
>>322499967
except in Fallout 4 Dogmeat is immortal, so it's you dying instead
>>
>>322503784
Because Bethesda Fallout has zero semblance of any civilization because its the whacky 50s apocalypse.

Not to mention that having an active trade/shipping route between continents would probably be a big fucking deal if Beth ever bothered to bring it up.

For all we know Tenpenny and Moriarty teleported to the East Coast. How they arrived is never approached. We only know that Moriarty came to D.C. as a child.
>>
File: 1439047268873.png (782 KB, 490x1015) Image search: [Google]
1439047268873.png
782 KB, 490x1015
>complete main story before getting Curie
>am in charge of the Institute
>she wants to switch her consciousness into a Synth
>"hmm, where will we get one?"
>no option to design your own Synth for Curie to switch in to
>no option to deck her out in a custom Synth with machine gun tits or something
>>
>>322502753

Now...

Just imagine how many people have been involved in this thought process and you'll understand why we haven't seen a good videogame since 2007.
>>
>>322505021
>Bethesda_writing_lore.jpg
>>
>>322491075
>6/10 is low
Behold the IGN generation
>>
File: NotDisuShituAgain.webm (3 MB, 489x275) Image search: [Google]
NotDisuShituAgain.webm
3 MB, 489x275
>>322502960
To be more specific it's player's collision model. It just remains same regardless of stance
>>
>>322492527
I can hear cow bell
>>
>>322503774
Fucking mech-hand.
>>
>>322504576
Adding anymore after STRINGS makes the game run slow.

There is another string to add in [archive] at the bottom. I can't recall it right now.
>>
>>322504581
The same reason they decided to murder a bunch of wastelanders trying to form a centralized government for the Commonwealth

The same reason they decided to summon some FEV from the aether and then produce hordes of supermutants and release them on the surface.

The same reason they had an entire vault full of radiation-free "backups" murdered while they grab the baby that literally ate a faceful of nuke right before being frozen

Because "the greater good" or something. Beth doesn't care about their own story, so neither should you.
>>
>>322504727
check your data folder. make sure there arent any ""bracket with x"... craps you must choose one version. and only get the files of that version into data folder.
>>
>>322505019
only fallout 3 has no semblance of civilization (incorrect though) because it was meant to be a completely devastated shithole, it just wasn't executed well enough.

a teleporter is probably a logical explanation given how much stupid shit gets put into each game
>>
File: 1450990888160.jpg (34 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1450990888160.jpg
34 KB, 375x375
>>322485026
>pros
>hud
You're about right with everything else though
>>
File: Fallout 4_20151213223256.webm (358 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4_20151213223256.webm
358 KB, 1280x720
I've only played 3, New Vegas, and 4, but my rankings go: NV>>>Dark Souls 2>>>>3>>>>Skyrim>>>>4
>>
>>322505425
>make a lot of indoor area that you can enter in the newest game
>still give no shit
Can any dev/markerter hybrid get away with half as much as Todd.
>>
>>322485026
>Exploration
What's so great about the exploration when most of the location are boring and the loot is shit?
>>
>Build shitty settlements out of scraps and shit
>Plenty of perfectly intact boarded up houses that can never be used because

why though
>>
I have a question with a new vegas run.

I plan on going explosives but kind of worried about shit flying all over the place/item physics, especially in doors. Like looting stuff off shelves/staves.

Will explosive actually causes shit to be hard to find (outside quest items) or unnoticeable? Any other major issues to deal with explosives?
>>
>>322485026
I feel like the whole Radiation mechanic was completely butchered.

like, i can sit in the Glowing Sea completely naked at soak up so much radiation, that 99% of my health is red from Rads. but then all I do is go to diamond city, pay 40 caps and that radiation is completely gone in less than 10 seconds.

Like shit man, there should be long term consequences from soaking up so much fucking radiation like that.
>>
>>322506112
Mainstream gamers are STILL talking about how le epic spooky the Dunwich building in FO3 was, I'm sure that the Dunwich quarry in FO4 will become just as legendary.
>>
>>322505831

That's a nice feature...
>>
>>322501703
Why is she naked?
>>
>>322506347
They will, and it may be a pain.
Otherwise you just have to worry about friendlies and yourself when using explosives.
>>
Remind me how much money do they earn every year for releasing trash.
>>
File: 1428173580125.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1428173580125.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>>322506459
>>
>>322506347

You have the wrong attitude for an explosives playthrough. Enjoy the moment, fuck the unimportant shit, and blow stuff up.
>>
>>322504581
Bethesda
>>
>>322502614
Do they ever bother to explain why there are people with russian and irish accents in Boston? Or is it just Bethesda shoving 'le wacky foreigners' in their game for no reason
>>
>>322506347
Most of unique loot is locked in containers.
Also Rex's perk highlights non-junk items on ground, and containers with loot, when aiming.

As for issues, biggest one is collaterial damage, since killing neutral NPCs will spoils your relationship with their faction.
>>
>>322506459
What the fuck are you talking about, it was always like that or worse.

I do like that they made it more crippling by having any amount of radiation affect you.
>>
It is not that it is bad, it is just not fun.
>>
>>322505556
I found a bunch of folders and files about brackets and got rid of them. Still the paraphrased options.
>>
>>322504581
Because Bethesda is aiming for a Portal/Fallout crossover
>>
File: thetoddoneandonly.jpg (218 KB, 1098x1041) Image search: [Google]
thetoddoneandonly.jpg
218 KB, 1098x1041
Y̴͖̞̠͚̺̰̗͎̆ͣ̔̀̽ͥͧƠ̰͚̤̙͉̩̝͎ͮ̓͘U̒͊͏̹̻͝ ̛̖͇̬͓ͣͪͨ̐̑̆̂̐̌͘B̥̲͇͈̘̞͔̫̈͊̽ͅẼ̩̻͚̲̾̈́̐́͗T̨̟̳̯͎̞̉̊͜T̵̨̥̮͙̣͆̅ͧ̃ͫ͗ͥ̑ͭE̗̩̊̅͆͘͜R̨͕̫̬̤̣͑ͯ͜ ̢̣͔̗́ͣ͌͗̍̿ͦ́É̴̴͇̩͎͔͓̫ͮ̆N̅҉̵̗͙̤J̛̜̼̼̉ͧ̒̔͒̌Ó̷͕̲͈ͨ͝Y͊ͪ̇́̎҉̖̣̤̺̹̱͘ ̗͍͚͔̬̦̳̆̄̋͐͗͛̒ͧ̿M̶̥̦̫͔̘̠ͤ̉̌́͡Y͊ͩ͏̱͓̣͇͙͔ ̼̭̝̓̍͘G̶͇͒̄̈́̎͆̏ͭA̷͙̺̮̜̰̥̯̓͋̉͑̔ͭ̅ͣ͘M̶͔̖͎̓̒ͭ͡͠È̷̜̦͈̝̂ͬ́̉,̻͓̞̦̃̎̃̿̚͟ ̷̪̜̮̗͔͈͌̐̓ͣ̽̊͗D̴̶̠̮̪̞̘͕͈ͣͭ̌̎̽̋ͯͅR̡̺͕̙̺̞͎̮̍͗E̸̠͍̦̱̦̫̗̦ͨ̽ͯͮ̌̾̾A̵̧̗̟̲̬͚̲̲̠̾ͩ̈̄̆̋M͕̞͖̙̍̾B̵͕̩͎̖̯̹̋́ͦͬOͫ̍ͣͭ̏̓͏̴̱̕Ý̠͔̖̪͓̙̊͛͟͡S̩̱͕ͩ̆͒ͦ͊̏̂̉
>>
>>322483910
>>322483985
>FO3/Skyrim was shat on after hype
>still many threads about it during the year its released
>FO4 threads are dead after a month

feels good man
>>
File: contacting the home planet.jpg (16 KB, 270x246) Image search: [Google]
contacting the home planet.jpg
16 KB, 270x246
>>322504581
Uhh...
>>
>>322506835
>>322507012
Thanks for the heads up, I actually completely forgot about rex. Oh and the collateral npcs I'm mentally prepared for, was just more worried about shit flying all over.
>>
>TESV: Skyrim releases
>buggy mess
>empty world that you don't have an effect on
>dumbed down quests and guilds
>missing basic features that were in previous games
>fanboys say "Well, mods will fix it!"

>Fo4 releases
>slightly less buggier mess
>empty world that you don't have an effect on
>dumbed down quests and roleplaying
>missing basic features that were in previous games
>fanboys say "W-well mods will fix it, now even console players can get mods! Based Bethesda!"

>TESVI releases
>"We know that you guys love mods as much as we do, so we hired some of your FAVORITE modders to make DAY ONE mods for this game. Also modding tools release with the game!"
>even buggier mess
>emptier world with less to do
>barely any big quests
>missing features
>fanboys say: "Based Bethesda, now we can immediately fix our game!"

>Fo5 releases
>"At this point it's obvious that we all LOVE MODS. We here at Bethesda think that you should be abled to play the game exactly as you like it! So we asked modders to go crazy on our game! You are the creators!"
>it's just an empty world
>one (main) questline with 5 quests
>20 NPCs (including enemy types)
>fanboys say "Based Bethesda, now we can play the game exactly like we want to! We just make our own game!"

discuss
>>
>>322507302
now extract the .rar into its own folder.
copy/paste/overwrite only 1 set of files from one folder into the folders with the same name in fo4/data.
>>
>>322507805
Time to get off the internet Kyle and get a job. Your mother and I are tired of paying for your Mountain Dew habit.
>>
>>322507805
I can see TES6, but Fo5 is seriously stretching it.
>>
>>322496995
i think it was a last minute addition to make sure reviewers got the point that he was excused from aging
>>
>>322507987
Yes! It finally works. Thanks a lot anon. You're the best.
>>
>>322483910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhM6B4FNUnM
>>
>>322498535
it sucks there are no edgelord dialogue options, but you know you can walk away right?

i basically walked away after pompadour man said there's power armor on the roof. i took that shit, killed the baddies for loot, and went straight to exploring
>>
what is there to talk about when only thing you can do is make webms showing shitty ai/shitty enviroment/shitty anything
it doesnt have interesting characters or story
"wow im exploring so hard" no one cares about it
you play it and either you like exploring or you dont and you stop playing
>>
>>322502426
just get the mods that let you see your dialogue choices and nukes the player char voice / cam
>>
>>322506459
In a perfect world, getting that much radiation would turn you into a ghoul if you had the right perk, enough Luck, or just a great Endurance.
>>
>>322507805
Fallout 4 was way buggier than Skyrim
>>
File: Beth.jpg (213 KB, 667x800) Image search: [Google]
Beth.jpg
213 KB, 667x800
>>322507514
this time even "casuals" got bored/tired with it quickly
>>
>>322506112
It's just fun to run around, I understand that draw to the "open-world" genre, but you're right, I felt no excitement after about 5 minutes in any location in Fallout 4 because it was either a really shallow town with nothing to do or just another raider/ghoul-infested shithole with nothing to do.
>>
>>322506638
Because he took her clothes.. why not?
>>
>>322492701
Why did I laugh so hard at this
>>
>>322509205
>skyrim over oblivion in user score
plebs
>>
>>322509205
I wouldn't trust metacritic user scores that much. People who like it give it a 10 and people who don't like it give it a 0
>>
>>322507805
you can get mods for fallout 4 on console??
>>
>>322510024
most common "negative" score seem to be 3
>>
>>322510597
you're right about positives, though, it's almost all 10's
>>
>>322483910
It's not that bad, it's just who cares because Bethesda doesn't give a fuck, why should we.
>>
>>322510597
>>322510869
this would explain why score is above 5, despite majority of user reviews beign negative
>>
>>322504163
>Very Easy
>Bethesda game
>Die constantly

Anon... I...even if you don't know what you're doing you still outclass everything on normal by a huge margin with so little effort.

Have you never played anything remotely resembling an RPG before?
>>
>>322506638
Cait? Because she's a slut and didn't want to wear anything under her synth armor
>>
>>322505425
>>322502960
So basically, Bethesda should not be allowed to make videogames?
>>
It's just a completely forgettable game. It's got 100 hours of content and 90 of those hours are the same monotonous grind of shooting and looting with nothing interesting to do.

Bethesda really phoned it in on this one.
>>
>>322502753
>lazyness
and squandered potential
>>
>>322513595
Something about the commentary on the concept art almost feels like a cry for help.

There are certainly very creative people within Bethesda, but they're being crushed under the laziness and narrow vision of their superiors, on top of being forced to work under the constraints of an engine in desperate need of a total overhaul.
>>
I like that it makes hoarding piles of crap actually useful, I have a problem with stealing everything I see when I play these games
>>
>>322514910
The problem is that you just end up spending so much time fast traveling back to base all the time. I mean fuck, I wanna go exploring, stop tempting me with all those desktop fans
>>
>>322515276
I have a shitshack dedicated to holding fans
>>
File: 3dsmax 2015-12-06 16-31-46-94.jpg (53 KB, 1732x976) Image search: [Google]
3dsmax 2015-12-06 16-31-46-94.jpg
53 KB, 1732x976
some friendly dude Nightasy is making Fallout 4 custom outfit model tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCW8BYqMR7Ei21WahZciSqRATOEfjw8H6

Right now it's just for setting up the prerequisite tools but if you want to get your models in-game asap or ready to go for when the GECK comes out, you might want to take a look.

Happy modding, /v/.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.