[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone hyped for Twlight Princess HD? I never finished it. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_20151112_184652.jpg (274 KB, 1024x1236) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_184652.jpg
274 KB, 1024x1236
Anyone hyped for Twlight Princess HD?

I never finished it. I was actually about five hours into it when they announced it was being remade so I stopped to play the hopefully definitive version in March. i have my amiibo bundle pre ordered.
>>
My copy for Wii has been broken for a few years now, so I'll be buying it eventually.
>>
>>322469930
>Twlight Princess HD
>hopefully definitive version
>amiibo pre ordered

this thread has potential
>>
>>322470161
I like amiibos. I know its the cool thing to say its the cancer thats killing video games.

But the worst thing for video games is the audience. Most gamers these days are ok with movies, quick time evens, generic easy games that dont challenge you or make you think.

Nintendo still makes creative fun games. Im ok with a 12 dollar collectable that gives yoshi different skins.
>>
>>322470983
Love the way this anon thinks.
Amazing how many people don't care about gameplay and more about the story now.
Glad there are people that are still like this that keep real video games alive.
>>
>>322471303
Years ago, the more intenese audience had the same expectations of today. It needed to be creative,challenging and enjoyable.

The difference was the casual audience didn't know any better. They were just happy to be playing this amazing thing. They were forced to get good because developers didnt have to pander to them because whatever they made would sell.

Now, casuals have so many options and expectations.

They want to win the game without really trying. The want to press x to win the entire story then get online drink mountain dew eat doritos and yell obnoxiously about their "bros"
>>
I've only played one Zelda game to completion and that was WWHD. Played TP years ago but quit around the first/fire dungeon. Have this preordered because I wanna play it again only with modern day camera controls and without the waggle. Fuck that amiibo though. Still waiting for a cheaper version without it to show up.
>>
>>322469930
I played the Wii version on launch and finished it after forcing myself through some parts. It's the Zelda I find the least enjoyable and this HD visual upgrade looks like complete ass compared to WWHD, but I'll probably get it just because I'm a complete Zelda drone.
>>
Yes, I'm excited. I've also preordered, a treat to myself as a once die-hard Zelda fan who fell away from gaming after N64. Here's hoping the CD and the Zelda U-altering effects of the figure are worth it.
>>
>>322469930
Why would I be? Twilight Princess is fucking shit. You people are only praising it now, because skyward sword was shit.

You faggots do this shit every time, started with windwaker, then twilight princess came out and it was shit and suddenly everyone was pining for windwaker again, then skyward sword came out and you all started pining for twilight princess.

The next game is going to come out and people are going to be on this fucking board talking about how it's so shit compared to skyward sword. Mark my words, screen cap the post, time stamp it, pin it to the fucking top of the board I swear to cunting christ this will happen.
>>
>>322473429
Stop acting like you know anything. There is no zelda cycle.

Skyward sword has been looked st as the worst 3d zelds for half of a decade. And it will still be looked at like that years from now.

I dont think oot is the best 3d zelda either. Not everyone is pressured into what they like by the internet.
>>
>>322474125
>Skyward sword has been looked st as the worst 3d zelds for half of a decade.
Twilight princess was considered the EXACT SAME thing. Thousands upon thousands of threads about how shit it was for years after release. Across all different communities, not just /v/.

Same deal with windwaker. I'm sure if the internet was more of a big deal with majora's came out it'd be the same fucking thing then, too.

It's not that I know everything it's that I was there for all of these events. The celda thing isn't a meme people actually said that shit with 100% sincerity, people hated windwaker, people hated twilight princess, with the exact same vitrol and disdain they have for skyward sword now, and I garun-fucking-tee it'll be the same thing for Zelda NX.
>>
>>322469930
Did they restock the bundle?
>>
>>322474574
Vocal people don't like new thing and make a big fuss?
After they are tired of screaming about it the sentiment swings in the favor of people that have differing opinions about it, including positive and negative?
This effect is greater with a beloved franchise with a large fanbase?

Who would have thought.

People gave each game a lot of shit because there were things to give it shit about, justified or not. Wind Waker had a whole new look that a lot of people didn't like when first seeing it. It also traded a primarily land based overworld for an oceanic one. Twilight princess was in this weird zone between the Gamecube and the Wii, with the Wii controls being regarded as a gimmick, as well as a long tutorial intro that can't be skipped. Skyward Sword had the sky being promising but completely empty in addition to complaints about the actual overworld and more forced handholding.

I'm definitely not very knowledgeable about each game's history and reception but it's glaringly obvious why there would be a lot of people complaining in the beginning, and now, but mellowing out over time.
>>
>>322473429
I like OoT
I like TP
I like WW
I like SS
I don't like MM

I've always had these opinions of the games from when I played them and always will.
Shove your dumb cycle up your ass shitposter.
>>
I neved finished the original. Sold my wii and all the games. Ive already got it pre ordered through amazon.
>>
>>322474574
Thats not because of a cycle. Thats just because zelda games are getting worse.

Most things do get worse.

Music, no one thinks an artists 14th album is the best. No one likes the 10th movie sequal the best.

Same shit can happen with video games.

Wind waker >tp>ss

Thats not a cycle, its just the games are progressively getting worse.
>>
>>322469930
Its one of the laziest HD ports i have ever seen, so no.
>>
This is what happens when you allow a company that has never made a real game before handle your game.

Why didnt nintendo give thus to platinum?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pSjP7qxsSzk
>>
>>322478095
Why the fuck would Platinum want to work on a Zelda remaster?
>>
>>322478210
Why would they want to remaster star fox 64? Thats basically all star fox zero is
>>
>>322478095
Now do Wii U vs Dolphin.
>>
>>322478095
I dont understand the problem.

>grapics have improved
>gamepad off tv use
>probable map on gamepad
>probable hero mode
>cool looking amiibo
>miiverse use
>gameplay tweeks
>probable music tweeks
>various small improvements

Its the obvious definitive version. Most wii u owners will be thrilled.

Getting a 8.5 game made into a 9/10 game
>>
>>322469930

IT OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
>>
File: brendan_fraser_2015.jpg (6 KB, 249x150) Image search: [Google]
brendan_fraser_2015.jpg
6 KB, 249x150
>Notshitthough finally decides to feed Wee-o instead of the NEW3DS ™
>It's just a fucking HD remake.
JUST bLOW tHe DUSt oFf
>>
I had it pre-ordered but I just went through my finances and I'm about to become broke.

tfw I also had to cancel DoA X3

s u f f e r i n g
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 800x661) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 800x661
>>322473429
I've liked Twilight Princes since day one, get fucked.
>>
>>322478095
They should have really hired someone else to do it, but didnt really expect any different since its the same guys that managed to makes zombiu look worse on PS4 than wii u by removing the original lighting and replacing it with Silent Hill HD tier lighting.
>>
>>322478095
This is the thing about TP HD.

When Ocarina was remade, people complained about the atmosphere being ruined due to lighting and color changes. This TP remake has kept the same feel but managed to make it look better. It's going to be a great remake.
>>
>>322479526
Thats because oot was fine. Tp looked like vomit.

Someone post the gif, you know the one.
>>
I liked it for midna's ass

I just need HD Midna's ass
>>
Could you faggots fucking stop preordering games already?
>>
>>322479526
>but managed to make it look better
It barely looks any better
>>
>>322479762
not with youtubes compression and resolution no. But the upgrades are clearly visible. It will look good.
>>
>>322479739
I said I'll buy it eventually. I'm not going to preorder the thing.
>>
>>322469930
They've already fixed the game's number one issue by revamping the textures so I'm hype
>>
>>322479739
Why? I dont live with mommy like you.

I have shit to do. I pre ordered it when i had time and it will show up at my door. It works well.

Plus, i want the amiibo and i know i get it that way.
>>
File: 1448916857674-1.png (745 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1448916857674-1.png
745 KB, 894x894
>Wind Waker HD
>Twilight Princess HD
Threadly reminder that these should have been New 3DS exclusives and were wasted on the inferior console.
>>
>>322479739
To be fair unlike most games people preorder at least they already know pretty much exactly what they're getting.
>>
>>322474827
Last I checked it was still up at Amazon and Gamestop. I'm holding out until we get more details on the soundtrack offer, though.
>>
>>322480035
>WWHD should've been exclusive to a system that didn't exist yet.
>>
I'm playing it right now on PC.
>>
File: wolf_link_and_midna-2__xlarge.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wolf_link_and_midna-2__xlarge.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
>>322479841
>youtube compression makes the textures and geometry look worse and removes DOF from the HD version but not from the original
You are right, in the offical screenshots it almost looks like a OG xbox game.
>>
>>322479739
But this is the first time I've done it since Majora's Mask in 2000, Amazon doesn't charge till it ships, and they promised me a CD.
>>
>>322472412
>I wanna play it again only with modern day camera controls and without the waggle
???it was a gamecube game, it'll have the same controls and camera as the original
>>
>>322473429
>You people are only praising it now
??? everyone loved twilight princess when it came out. But you're too young to remember that
>>
>>322469930

Waiting for more footage
>>
>>322479959
>I dont live with mommy
>i want the bonus McDonald's toy
>>
>>322480735
In his seminal review of the Wii version, which he gave a nearly perfect score of 9.9, noted electronic entertainment scholar Daniel Ryckert considered it "one of the greatest achievements in the history of the industry": http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VBIG60rz0CIJ:www.lawrence.com/news/2006/nov/14/review_legend_zelda_twilight_princess_wii/&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1&vwsrc=0
>>
>>322470983
>>322471303
Funny enough, Twilight Princess has like the most long-ass cutscenes in the Zelda series and you literally can finish a enemy with one button
Also remember my post, this port will be more easy than original version just like MM3D or WWHD
Definitive version my ass, just play fucking TP in GC

btw why Zeldafags are always so mad with games that have long and unskippable cutscenes? Isn't Zelda one of the first games that had this? so apparently nobody remember OoT or MM
>>
Never actually played TP before, so I'm definitely getting it.
>>
>>322481601
>this port will be more easy than original version just like MM3D or WWHD

How is Hero mode easier?
>>
>>322481964
>trying to make sense of shit posters
>>
>>322478653

>all those tweaks
>really nothing different other than gamepad support and an amiibo
>zero new content

WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING!
>>
I never finished TP because of the awful Wiimote controls, and never bothered to hunt down a copy pf the GC one. So yeah I'm probably gonna get this.
>>
>>322474574
>Zelda NX
Nice meme can I download it?
>>
>>322479959
If you're so super busy and important you wouldn't jump at the very first chance to throw your money at superficial stuff like vidya bundled with a plastic toy.
>>
>>322481964
It's confirmed? because I wait for a Hero mode in MM3D and I just get a piece of shit
>>
Might get it. TP was a good game, its just the first couple hours are unbearable.
>>
>>322483589
WWHD had it. MM3D was a lazy port for a lazy game.
>>
>>322482985
>zero new content
Were you expecting some? WWHD didn't get any new dungeons, why would TPHD get anything new?
>>
>>322483353
I work 50 hours a week. Drive 25 minutes to get there. Plus sleeping 6 hours a day.

That alone makes me busy
>>
I doubt they'll add anything worth caring about. If you haven't played the original it may be worth it, but I don't feel like spending $60 on a game I've beaten 5 times.
>>
>>322469930
I haven't played it originally but always wanted to, then they announced this. Based Nintendo
>>
>>322484798
It's free on the PC and you can play it right now.
>>
>>322483923
and you think this game, which is developed by the guys who made Dora the explorer and Ben 10 games, would have Hero mode?

I was Zeldafag until I realize how retarded and annoying can be the fanbase, even worse than Sonic or Mario fambase
>>
File: 1433260836001.jpg (89 KB, 675x559) Image search: [Google]
1433260836001.jpg
89 KB, 675x559
>>322469930
>wolf segments
no thanks
>>
>>322485041
To do so would be to violate copyright law.
>>
>>322485320
So?
>>
File: ZeldaDemoWiiU.jpg (701 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ZeldaDemoWiiU.jpg
701 KB, 1280x720
>>322469930
>Twlight Princess HD
I am, just look at that detail!
>>
i had it for the wii but could never save the zora prince by bringing him through hyrule field. fuck that stupid game and fuck motion controls
>>
Not hype until they announce the improvements.
>>
>>322485646
Its already perfect
>>
>>322485973
Even doing something as simple as making climbing faster goes a long way. And no, it's my second favorite Zelda, but it ain't perfect
>>
>>322480735
yup, people were buttravaged gamespot only gave it an 8.8
>>
>>322481601
>this port will be more easy than original version
It would be pretty tough to make TP any easier than it already is.
>>
>>322480035
HD for a non-HD handheld.

Huh.
>>
>here, we're not done with zelda u so take another rehash to tide you over

The game didn't need a remake yet, and graphically it doesn't look much better
>>
File: 1434128578732.png (301 KB, 650x625) Image search: [Google]
1434128578732.png
301 KB, 650x625
>>322469930
>I already own the game but I want to buy it again, I'll play it this time I swear

You and your ilk are killing gaming, anon. Just play the game you own, there'll be nothing "definitive" about this it'll be ever so slightly upressed and in widescreen and that's about it other than coming with an amiibo to justify reselling a 10 year old game for full price.
>>
>>322475673

>I don't like MM

shit tastes
>>
>>322476512

Name one memorable theme from Skyward Sword that isn't a reinterpertation of a previous zelda mainstay

>in b4 Fi's dance number
>>
>>322493454
By 'theme', do you mean music? Because I love the Skyloft music, though I suppose Hyrule Warriors may have had a hand in that.
>>
>>322493454
Ghirahim's theme.
>>
>>322469930
I've got it preordered but I kind of wish it was for the next system so we would see more of an upgrade.
>>
>>322475673
When I was younger I refused to touch 3D Zelda games because I felt they were disgusting.
>>
>>322469930
I wouldn't say hyped, but I have the amiibo version pre-ordered. It was the only version for pre-order here and cost the same as normal nintendo game, so I thought I might get that one as well. It's gonna be my first amiibo.

As for why I'm not hyped, I already played through the game when it released on wii.
>>
>>322484342
WWHD not adding anything was one of the bigger gripes about it, along with the horrible lighting system. Especially since it was well known that WW scrapped a dungeon or two, there was just no real incentive to buy it unless you REALLY wanted to play wind waker.
TP is bypassing this with an amiibo, and not fucking up the lighting, but still an extra side-quest line or anything would be cool.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.