[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never played a moba >about to play this for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: lol logo.png (84 KB, 360x142) Image search: [Google]
lol logo.png
84 KB, 360x142
>never played a moba
>about to play this for the first time
what should i expect /v/?
>>
just have fun
>>
HATE FUN
>>
cancer
>>
try to play with people you know, otherwise its just stressfull.
>>
>>322440976

Don't KS

Don't farm because some other guy will want that gold

just do this and nobody will bother you
>>
>Never played a moba
you're probably not going to have fun for a while. until you figure out what the hell you're doing.
>>
If you play the ADC role, there might be this thing called a "Rengar" in some of your games on the other team. Try not to get to close to it.
>>
Just strive to learn. Look for youtube videos to study. Keep practicing. You will get there eventually, just hang in there.
>>
>>322440976
If going in solo, expect a lot of stress. If going in with friends you should have a good time. Hopefully they'll teach you. I suggest maining one champion to further understand the pace and objectives of the game. GL HF
>>
The game is distilled sorrow and people calling you stupid until you learn to play. After some technique and learning you will have shittons of fun. LoL is the only game in recent memory to make me actually feel an adrenaline rush.
>>
>>322440976
play with someone who knows the basics
once you got the basics down and you like it (hope for you that you wont) play with someone who is better than you or else you will just waste your first bazillion hours of playtime with getting okay in your comfort zone shit bracket
>>
>>322440976
Note that there's a lot of players that don't know what they're doing either. If someone doesn't play a role often, you can assume that they are terrible at it and you can beat them even if you half-ass it.

Toplane is great for learning, you can understand how minions work and how champion kits work and just go to town. There's a lot of leniency and mistakes are easy to notice and punish. If you go against Darius though you might as well uninstall though f am
>>
>>322440976
A game for 10 year olds
>>
File: wtga.jpg (45 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
wtga.jpg
45 KB, 800x680
>>322440976
You'll go through stages

>confusion
>interest
>addiction to the competitive nature
>annoyance
>lethargy
>>
>>322440976
Steep learning curve that results in that being the only fucking game you ever want to play. For awhile you'll be fine with it, and then you'll look back on years of MOBA play and regret it, because unlike a timesink like World of Warcraft, you weren't even having fun.

Honestly, just don't start. It's not worth it, and you're not missing anything.
>>
Lock the camera
Start by going top
Play Co-op vs AI for about a month
Buy and learn Tryndamere
Do nothing but kill minions
Don't even team fight
Just keep pushing your lane and take turrets
You have 300 minion kills and you see your team fighting a 5v4 in mid lane you just ignore them and keep on farming
>>
>>322445701
this guy gets it
>>
File: 18.jpg (157 KB, 750x824) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
157 KB, 750x824
>>322445230
>Toplane

Easy tier, nigga
You just gotta defend the turret and make sure you last hit those minions son
Make sure you don't get squashed by a 2 man gank

>Midlane
Hell yeah nigga
This is the action man's lane
Getting right into the action and shit
Gotta keep things fucking good, you lose ground here the whole team may start pushing mid
Gotta keep it so you have an easy way into the Baron or the Dragon and the other team can't retreat there

>Bottom Lane
Get ready nigga
You better be ready to get carried or to carry
You're gonna be dealing with a lot of carrying cause that's where they go
Nothing much will happen down there until you get to lategame, then shit goes nuts

>Jungle
Get ready to farm some fucking jungle inhabitants
Gotta get those buffs
Maybe you can help a gank sometimes
Sometimes
That's all there is to it
Helpful to your team tho

Is that everything?
>>
Step 1: Uninstall LoL
Step 2: Install Dota 2
>>
>>322445505
After lethargy you should add

>Dropped

I went through those stages exactly so you pretty much nailed it
>>
>Hey guys about to play a free to play game that I can play at anytime and form an opinion of my own
>What should I expect?

I wish we had /a/'s culture when it comes to spoonfeeding people who make these shit threads.
>>
>>322445843
why do Dota 2 players post in League threads again
>>
>>322445990
>wanting to imitate /a/ culture in any way shape or form

Spot the retard

Just kidding man people that ask for source or to be spoonfed are fucking annoying
>>
>>322446053
9/10 accepted is why. lots of free time.
>>
>>322440976
Pick a character that you like and see what it says his role is.

>Bruiser:
Almost all of them can go top lane, most can go bottom lane support and a good amount can jungle. Top is the best role for newbies

>Mage
Mid or support, top if you know what you're doing and you don't need a tanky person on your team.

>Assassin
Jungle or mid. Not recommended for newfags until you understand how to gank

>Tank
Top or bottom support, occasionally you can jungle one but I wouldn't recommend it.

>ADC/marksman
Bottom lane only. Hide behind your support and go for kills when they do. If they die or cause you to die blame them.

>Support
Bottom lane supporting the adc, sometimes mid/top if they can scale well.
>>
Beginner players hate the game because they have no idea what is going on and everyone blames them for their losses.

Dedicated players hate the game because they know precisely what is going on and blame their losses on everyone else.

The key to having fun in LoL is to stay somewhere between these two extremes, so that you're competent enough to have fun but not dedicated enough to get mad when things don't go your way.
>>
>>322445581
i still play but this
>>
there is a huge entry barrier when it comes to mobas
>>
>>322440976
enjoy your aids
>>
>>322440976
play yi and 1v5
>>
Kill yourself for playing this instead of Dota
>>
>>322445505
Add Dropped like >>322445871 said and you have 99% of LoL players
Even though i have a huge amount of m8s on it i just can't bring myself to play that shit anymore
>>
File: 1448204301330.jpg (74 KB, 691x780) Image search: [Google]
1448204301330.jpg
74 KB, 691x780
>>322445505
You forgot to mention the regret of buying all those skins.
>>
File: 1446443865197.jpg (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446443865197.jpg
49 KB, 400x400
>>322446053
>>322447416
>>322446806

>MOBABIES at it again

please just shut the fuck up already. Both of your games are exactly the same.

Boring ass repetitve pieces of shit with a cancerous community that follows e-celebs and recruits unsuspecting gamers into this hell that you guys call "fun".

I pray for the day both those fuckboy games die out.

Your game is not difficult, it takes no skill only a better internet connection than your enemy and how many 12 year olds got put on your team.
>>
>>322440976
You should expect to kill yourself because you're playing the worst one
>>
>>322442564
xD
>>
>>322448167
Professional players of both games agree that you're retarded.

LoL and Dota are as different from each other as it can get while still fitting into the same formula, it's like saying Quake and Ghost Recon are exactly the same because you run around a map with guns and shoot people in both of them
>>
File: Do the garen.webm (73 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Do the garen.webm
73 KB, 480x270
>>322440976
Expect the monkey.
>>
>>322442160
>complaining about ksing
>being this bronze
league is capture the flag not tdm retard
>>
>>322442160
You forgot that if you don't have the damage to kill your enemy you're going to be bothered.

Which ties into CSing to get gold to buy weapons. So in short there is no way to start off playing without someone bothering you.

The trick is to be 18+ and not care.

>>322449984
Taking your ADCs kills when you're support can lose you games.
>>
>>322440976
Expect a shit client, shit players, and not being able to try out half the characters without playing for at least a year.

If you're getting into a MOBA, Dota 2 is the best to go to now. I'm glad I started with that instead of LoL, saved a lot of money.
>>
>>322440976
If you think your teamates are performing poorly or just have a problem with their attitude in general you should make sure they know so they won't do it again.
>>
today entered ranked unintentionally e lost and at the end, and after that did not want to leave bronze 2
>>
File: 1451630552990.jpg (40 KB, 396x338) Image search: [Google]
1451630552990.jpg
40 KB, 396x338
>>322440976
expect silver-gold tier players in your games until like level 10. noobkillers be rampant.
also play aram when you start, aram is good practice for the only thing that matters, teamfighting
>>
It's pretty fun and easy to get in to. That is until you get to the point where you're only playing because you need X amount of points to buy Y, and need like 30 games to do that or just dump money into it. From this point on, people go in one of three directions on average:

>Stay with LoL, it's probably just that one mediocre game you used to kill time / play with friends
>Move to DotA once you realize how simplistic and boring League is for a competitive game
>Quit and go do something possibly productive

Community is pretty huge, which means there's a lot of toxic players in it you will no doubt experience. You also shouldn't ever expect the game to change all that much, they can release new champions, items, and rebalance things, but Riot insists makes sure the game is constantly played the same way every time for some reason.
>>
League of Legends takes a lot of time to understand. I suggest going onto Twitch.tv to watch some pro/good players, as you learn the game. This is what really helped me understand the game more and helped me improve more quickly.
>>
>>322451071
yes but unlike dotas the pinoys and slavs are banished to their own containment server
>>
You're worth more by actually farming than by killing your lane opponent, ideally you want both, but last hitting should be your priority

Keep your lane warded, go to champion.gg to get a rough idea of the common builds for each champ

Do not indulge yourself in the social experiment that is the ingame chat, just fucking dont, it's a waste of time
>>
My advice is to pick up Smite or HOTS instead
>>
File: skipping.gif (289 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
skipping.gif
289 KB, 210x210
>>322451863
Funny way to spell Awesomenauts.
>>
>>322451689
Hint: They still make accounts on NA
>>
>>322449426
Exactly. In this analogy quake is dota and ghost recon lol.
>>
Go on probuilds for whatever champ you're picking to see masteries and builds for them
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.