[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone find any good MMORPG games? Used to love WoW pre-Cata
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone find any good MMORPG games? Used to love WoW pre-Cata but it went downhill from there.

Also any thoughts on WoW and new expansion?
>>
>>322406325
Despite all the shit it gets, SWTOR is pretty fun
>>
>>322406369
>SWTOR
L
O
L
>>
File: qj5p6vK.png (253 KB, 784x420) Image search: [Google]
qj5p6vK.png
253 KB, 784x420
It's okay.
PvP is shit but BGs are a ret paladin is fun.
But there's little content unless you're a raider.
Probably wont change in legion either
>>
playing ESO on the ps4.
It's not amazing but it will keep me busy until dark souls 3t
>>
>>322406325
>new expansion
It can't salvage what they did to WoW. Some of the changes look interesting, but it's not enough. They would have to retcon all the Cataclysm shit to even have a chance of saving it.
>>
File: 1426116689632.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1426116689632.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>I'm going to make the same exact thread every ten minutes!!!
Are you ever going to get tired of shilling your awful fucking game OP?
>>
>>322406369
Kept me intrigued for a little while but didn't stick
>>
>>322406627
I just started playing ESO on PS4 a few hours ago. When do I start finding armor and weapons? I still have cloth clothes on and I'm randomly doing quests I come across. Fun game so far, don't get the hate.
>>
>>322406868
Did you play it on release or recently ?
>>
>>322406652
I was hoping they could fix what they did, the main reason I got tired of it was they made it to damn easy. The talent system was beautiful in Vanilla and every expansion they just dumbed it down until a toddler was able to pick a spec.
>>
File: adolf smile.gif (2 MB, 300x259) Image search: [Google]
adolf smile.gif
2 MB, 300x259
>>322406580
I miss all those fun
>>
>>322407000
played it on release and recently tried it again, might go back to it seeming it's the best one out there atm
>>
>>322406960
I stole a bow(fire enchant!!)from one of the vendors while being sneaky and i got some nice leather armor from a dead skeleton.
>>
>>322407134
Yeah, the ease of leveling bothered me when I went back to it recently. Hell, you've already outleveled a zone when you're halfway through it, and everything comes off disjointed because of it.
>>
>>322407237
The new expansion is realy nice and brings something new to the Star Wars universe, so I'd say it's worth it
>>
>>322406627
brother made me buy ESO for Xbox One and it's probably one of, if not the worst MMO I've played
>>
>>322407330
I might try sneaking. I made a Dragonknight Dunmer so I don't know how well I'd be trying to sneak and steal. I want to find some heavy armor too. Guess I should keep gathering mats to craft and hope I get lucky while exploring like you did.
>>
>>322407381
Exactly. And forget about it if you have heirloom gear, every mob is a 1 shot kill until level 10, I was able to get to level 30 in about 3 1/2 hours with heirloom gear
>>
>>322406960
It got hate on release because of how buggy and little content there was, after the Tamriel Unlimited patch it actually became a really fucking good MMO. Sadly once /v/'s opinion has been made, it doesn't change regardless of having even played the game. That is, until, it gets thrown into obscurity years later and every one says how much they loved it.
>>
Several. They respect your freedom.
Planeshift
Stendhal
Land of Fire
Land of Mana
>>
>>322407414
Lmao supporting EA.

You guy's are funding the death of star wars games.

Let them make a few shit tittles, pump them with DRM and DLC, make huge losses and sell the IP thinking it's a dud.

And that's when wel'l get a REAL battlefront 4 + KOTOR 3 and a decent republic commando 2018.
>>
>>322407446
explain
>>
why is tor being viraled so hard here lately
>>
>>322407972
It just couldn't hold my interest and had a lack of content, and imo, Elder Scrolls just isn't a MMO type of game, also not a huge fan of micro transactions but as long as they remain cosmetic it's not bad i guess.
>>
WoW is dead and so is Blizzard. It's just ActiBlizzard and Warlords of Draenor now.
>>
>>322407935
If you have time would you mind giving me a quick rundown of the games and your experiences with them?
>>
>>322408345
I feel like as true as this is I don't want it to be because of my love for WoW in the past.

I guess I just can't let it go that easily.
>>
>>322408607
WoW is dead like modern media. Keep the sweet memories but don't give those grave desecrating kikes at Blizzard any more money.
>>
>>322408607
Trust me I haven't payed them a cent in years, maybe my best bet is private servers before Cata, since it seems no MMO can surpass that status at this point in time
>>
Why do people kiss ass with vanilla WoW so much? I remember playing it back in the day and thinking it was fucking trash until Burning Crusade came and it was actually somewhat decent
>>
>corecraft will literally never come out
>>
>>322409056
Because Vanilla was actually challenging as fuck.
If you weren't careful and walked into a group of mobs you were fucked.
If you had shitty party members (if you could find any) that you hauled ass all the way to run a dungeon you were fucked.
It gave you a feeling of accomplishment no game has given me in a long time. Real shame they made it into the shitstorm it is today.
>>
>>322408373
They're all sandbox MMO at the core.
Planeshift is 3D and has several interesting features, like the world of the dead and the world of the living, with their own mechanics (for example, if you stay in the world of the dead, you age slower, but you die instantly if you try to go back in the world of the living after some time). There is aging and there's true death. True death means your character is gone. Regular death brings you to the land of the dead. Additionally, there are a lot of secrets, and you talk to NPCs using the chat system and keywords. The lore and level design is also very interesting.

Land of fire, land of mana and stendhal are all 2D. Land of fire is steampunk and land of mana is fantasy. Both rely on the manaplus client. It's pretty standard old-school MMOs. Stendhal has a lot of mechanics with regard to player interaction, public raids, death, and the like. The featurelist is on the game's site.
>>
>>322409442
Thanks a lot, sounds interesting. I'll have to check them out.
>>
>>322409442
Planetshift seems interesting but I'm not really a fan of the "true death" thing. How long does a typical character last?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.