[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesnt anyone ever talk about this series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Armored_Core_(game_box_art).jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Core_(game_box_art).jpg
35 KB, 300x300
why doesnt anyone ever talk about this series.
>>
>>322394078
Because it died.
also I only played that one
>>
>>322394078
Cause its dead.
From are retarded; mecha are a niche market, last-gen are niche as fuck now too.
They'd get a big community on PC; niche games always do; hell AVP2 from 2003 is still going with regular servers and Jedi academy is the same
>>
>>322394078

FROM moved on to dark souls stuff

but really armored core is amazing, i only played 1, 2 and 3 but they are still good games today
>>
ARMORED CORE

PC

WHEN
H
E
N
>>
put it on PC and people will care

pretty ok series but its surely been held back by hardware, you can't fully realize giant robots fighting eachother with underpowered company boxes
>>
>>322394078
Because, as much as /v/ will cry and scream otherwise, people here are casual as fuck. The average /v/edditor would probably play for 5 minutes and just give up. Way too hard and complicated for the casual babbies here.
>>
>>322396108
>put it on PC and people will care

No they wouldn't. PC is the last audience that would ever care about Armored Core, just take a look at that pathetic """petition""" they did a couple of months ago. PCfags are only interested in Valve garbage and moba shit.

Most PCfags think Souls is the only series From has ever been involved with.
>>
I think they fucked up by dividing their fanbase. 4 Answer and Verdict Day are both amazing games, but with almost completely opposed aesthetics/gameplay.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JBlWOQ6WHY&list=PL86B01520A0E84F93&index=16

Hit you...again.
>>
>>322396804
What does Kota Hoshino do when he's not working on Armored Core OSTs? I think he's an incredible musician and I'd love to hear more of his work. I wish he did more solo stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faVoyCh3I9g
>>
>>322394078
Average
>>
>>322394078
I really liked AC 1 and 2. I looked for this game on steam. Would buy if the graphics were better.
>>
>>322396993
I'd like to know myself. His AC music is my favorite.
>>
>rare moment /v/ has an Armored Core thread

>can't discuss anything since the series is dead as fuck

I dunno man, I'll just keep reminding myself how amazing Silent Line and Last Raven are.
>>
>>322396993
http://vgmdb.net/artist/3031
>>
>>322397636
I beat Silent Line recently. I don't think I liked it as much as 3. Still looking forward to playing Last Raven though.
>>
Everyone likes this fucking game, at least bait with SLAI or robotech invasion
>>
I tried to believe /v/ about this series and bought a couple of the ps2 games, but the fact that they just ignored the second analog stick makes playing these games a chore. I'd absolutely love them if they were strategy games like Front Mission 3, but the real time combat really clashed with the ps2's limited controls. I do, however, want a real time mech game to come out for PC - that'd be rad as fuck.
>>
>>322397636
Last raven.
Amazing

Choose 2
>>
>>322398975
Nexus, Ninebreaker and Last Raven all had full analog support. Only 3 and SL used the old ps1 controls. And if I remember correctly, you could even rebind controls.
>>
Because FROM has moved on to milking the busty rack of Souls games
But instead of Armored Core, I need that Metal Wolf Chaos sequel
>>
File: ev008aa.jpg (170 KB, 516x441) Image search: [Google]
ev008aa.jpg
170 KB, 516x441
>>322397636
>I'll just keep reminding myself how amazing Silent Line and Last Raven are.
My nigga. Those two are easily the pinnacle of the franchise.
>>
I picked up the original in one of those PSN sales a while back, and plan to go through the whole series at some point. Any advice from you lot on this series, considering I know next to nothing?
>>
File: 3755820eaacc2fb3bf172754225cef70.jpg (284 KB, 1044x1477) Image search: [Google]
3755820eaacc2fb3bf172754225cef70.jpg
284 KB, 1044x1477
V was a very enjoyable game once you got the hang of it. The retarded thing about it is how they made team based multiplayer the only focus of the game. I mean, AC is niche as fuck and the playerbase is very small as it is, of course it was gonna be dead after a week.

Also the new damage system turned the game into mech rock paper scissors.
>>
>>322402771
>dead after a week

The Japanese version is still going strong.
>>
>>322394078

which armored core is best?

which armored core is best for emulation?

I remember liking four answer, but I never played them all.
>>
Can't remember which one I played but it had a tier system that wasnt the main campaign where you'd be the mech at the bottom of the list and you fought each mech above you one at a time to become ULTIMATE MECH

I distinctly remember fighting some four legged motherfucker in a grassy park looking map with lots of stone statues and arches
>>
>>322395858
Around the same time we get another trpg Front Mission I imagine.
>>
File: 44733839.jpg (300 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
44733839.jpg
300 KB, 800x600
>>322403419
>which armored core is best?
Debatable but Silent Line and Last Raven are usually considered the best. They're objectively very well designed and tight games on their own but it's nice seeing how they perfected both their eras.

>which armored core is best for emulation?
Every Armored Core up to Nexus is easily emulated. Nexus, Nine Breaker and Last Raven all use modified engine which is harder to emulate.

>I remember liking four answer, but I never played them all.
4/For Answer differ greatly from the older titles but are still amazing as well. AC3 is a good overall starting point.
>>
>>322404029
How do the older titles differ? Do they have less customization for better campaigns or something? I am asking all this because it was honestly a series I always wanted to get more into, but just never did.
>>
>>322403419
>which armored core is best?

IMO, SL and LR are the best. I also like 4A because of FAST and the fancy new mech designs.

>which armored core is best for emulation?

All of them up to Nexus emulate pretty well. Last Raven does not work on hardware mode, just a reminder that 3, SL and LR all have PSP versions with extra content, and they emulate pretty well too as long as you have some workarounds.
>>
File: 1426954281241.jpg (501 KB, 2000x1050) Image search: [Google]
1426954281241.jpg
501 KB, 2000x1050
>>322404383
>How do the older titles differ?
They're slower but more complex, not saying that 4/FA are shallow though.

AC games up to Nexus control the aiming by using the shoulder buttons. It's weird to newcomers at first but once you get used to it it's really smooth and makes you feel like you're legitimately piloting a machine. The customization is through the roof especially in later titles seeing how they just kept adding more and more parts. Builds differ greatly in how they control so you're bound to find a way to play it that suits you the best.

If you can tolerate the dated graphics you could always just play them in release order. The ps1 AC games still hold up, especially Master of Arena.
>>
Every time FROM just about finishes a new game, this is the article that gets sent out with interviews:

>Faggit: so now that ANOTHER DARK SOULS CLONE is about to release, where would you like to go now?

>FROM: well that's a great question, I'd like to do something different, revist and refine an older franchise

>Faggit: like Armored Core for example?

>FROM: haha yes like AC

Then SURPRISE ITS ANOTHER DARK SOULSSS
>>
>>322405176
cool, I might try some of the psp ones which >>322404481 recommended. My pc isn't the best so I don't know if I could emulate ps2 stuff really well.
>>
>>322396438
It would at least revive an interest in the series temporarily, enough to justify the work spent on making a port.
>>
>>322406507
Gotta mention, the controls for the Portable versions are messed up. However I never emulated them so try to maybe remedy that with the extra control settings that PPSSPP provides.
>>
>>322403659
Seconding trying to find this, I too know I played this game and to try and help I remember fighting some really fast guy with missiles in a desert somewhere in the high ranks.
>>
>>322406756
Ok, I kinda expected as much having owned a real psp. Alot of cool games, but the controls always felt hampered to me on that little thing.
>>
>>322406141
Not enough people made a fuss for the publishers to give two shits about what From wants to do.
>>
>barely anyone on /v/ remembers Otogi

Fuckin' /v/irgins, lemme tell ya
>>
>>322403659
>>322406796
2 certainly has an arena or whatever the game calls it where you're climbing up a ladder to be the #1, but I'd imagine it's in the other titles as well.
>>
>>322407208
I remember, I just didn't like it that much.
Third person action games aren't in short supply either.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.