[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamestop has these for $40 now As someone who's never owned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: nintendowii.gif (32 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
nintendowii.gif
32 KB, 440x330
Gamestop has these for $40 now

As someone who's never owned on,is it worth it?

I also never really experienced owning a Gamecube either, as mine break a month or so after buying one
>>
Sure. Just softmod it and pirate everything.
>>
>>322392692
this.
Makes a great emulation machine because it can output 240p over component.
>>
>>322392505
yeah, worth it. the library is pretty vast (though mostly shit), and it plays gamecube games so long as you have a GC controller/memory card.
>>
>>322392934
>memory card
Or just use No More Memory.
>>
>>322392934
Make sure you get the version that has the gamecube controller ports, that's the one you want nigga
>>
>>322392505
just use Dolphin

You can use a real sensor bar and wiimote with it
>>
>>322392505
if you took care of your stuff they wouldn't break.
>>
>>322393363
This, make sure it isn't the Wii model that can't play GC games or, even worse, a Wii Mini
>>
>>322392505
would be worth it for gamecube/wii games along with hacking
>>
>>322392505
Wii classic? yes, very.
Wii mini? lolno.
>>
>>322392505
>$40
Kinda expensive, i got mine for $15.

Wait a save for a Wii U and get the same+Wii U games.
>>
>>322392692
>>322393573
how can I hack it?
>>
Worth $40. Most of the library is shit, but there are tons of little gems buried deep down there.

>>322392692
I am usually against pirating games because I like supporting developers, but as you'd be buying most of the stuff secondhand anyways at this point, this is a perfectly fair option.
>>
>>322394908
>get SD card
>download letterbomb
>install letterbomb in SD
>put SD on wii
>open mail
>?????
>profit!
>>
>>322392505

For $40 it's probably the best console ever.

Extremely easy to install Homebrew, at which point you can just download any Wii or Gamecube ISO you want, copy it to an external harddrive, plug it in and play. Also has emulators for everything you would want (or you could just find Virtual Console .wads and install those instead).

The console itself also has plenty of decent games, and of course its got the whole Gamecube library as well. The only thing to keep in mind is that it doesn't do HD at all, so you wont want it on a massive screen because everything will just look like blurry shit no matter what cables you use.
>>
>>322395306
>>322395632
I'm usually very terrible with software installs, is it really that easy to mod?
Is it possible to fuck up the console entirely?
>>
>>322396134
A literal retard could do it
>>
>>322396134
Dude it's not hard, the wii is probably the easiest console to softmod, is even easier than PSP just follow the instructions and you'll be golden, there are even youtube videos for dummies.
>>
>>322395138
Pretty much this. I recently picked one up for $10. Installed Bootmii along with USB Loader GX, Nintendont and various emulators (NES, SNES). The process was easy, just took a bit of research to ensure everything was done correctly.

Hell, OP, if you'd like, I can create a zip with all the necessary items for you.
>>
>>322396237
>>322396376
Well if it's that simple I'll have to go for it then
Thanks Bros
>>
>>322392505
Yes, make sure it is one with gamecube ports (vertical Wii logo). Pic related (horizontal Wii logo) has no gamecube ports
>>
>>322395306
Yo if I softmod it will I still be able to play original games?
>>
>>322396842
I'd very much appreciate that if it's not too much of a hassle , thanks
>>
File: Wii_FE.jpg (38 KB, 1346x583) Image search: [Google]
Wii_FE.jpg
38 KB, 1346x583
>>322397232
forgot pic
>>
>mod Wii and pirate most games aside from NSMB which came with it, Brawl and MKW
>try NSMBW mod, enjoy it
>try Brawl mods, pretty cool but some feel incomplete
>wonder what Mario Kart mods are like
>it's the worst shit ever
I hope Mario Kart modders don't touch the 3DS and Wii U
>>
>>322397258
Yes, although it might depend on your softmod method whether your original games want to update your BIOS or not. Don't let them, just play the pirated version of those games.
>>
>>322392505
If you do you can play xenoblace chronicles
>>
Here OP, easy guide.

https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/
>>
>>322397707
My wii is probably updated since I used it for Skyward Sword

Will check when I have the chance
>>
>>322397331
>appreciate
Give me a few minutes and I'll get it all ready.
>>
Google "softmod any wii" for the method that works on any wii that applies.
>>
Worth it as a media box pretty much.
>>
>>322392505
I bought one, I softmodded it and now its a paperweight. Not because I modded it, but because I don't have any AA batteries and I don't really wanna go buy some so they'll last me a couple of hours.
>>
>>322392505
Just remember there's no online support for it anymore.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.