[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT game you just can't get into Pic related. I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (41 KB, 404x502) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
41 KB, 404x502
ITT game you just can't get into

Pic related. I really tried to get into this but I just can't. It's not bad but when the biggest appeal of the game is the story then I don't see why I can't just pick up a book instead of spending hours clicking around to walk to places and talk to NPC's for hours at a time
>>
>>322389194
The edgelord meme-tier writing doesn't help

Literally reddit: the game, before reddit existed
>>
Spec into DEX if you want some fun gameplay stuff.

Nothing like robbing a prostitute at knifepoint, forcing her to strip naked, then snapping her neck with a flick of your wrist.
>>
>>322389194

Crpgs fucking suck

You might as well actually develop a social life and get into playing D&D with friends.

I play games for gameplay first, and most RPGs are fucking boring.
>>
Any Paradox strategy game. Looks like it would be fun once you understood well how it all worked, but I never hit that moment for the games I try and quit.
>>
File: 1336580610842.jpg (27 KB, 205x220) Image search: [Google]
1336580610842.jpg
27 KB, 205x220
>>322389407
>Literally reddit: the game, before reddit existed
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say ever, trolling or not
>>
>>322389830
If you actually know when reddit was created fuck off, you don't belong here
>>
>>322389954
I think you've misunderstood what the problem with that statement was.
>>
>>322389194
Unlike books, this game allows for interactivity and it reacts to player choices.
>>
>>322390246
This
>>
>>322390246
>polite response
>neutral response
>edgy response
>edgier response
>edgiest response
>all responses essentially lead to the same events

Riveting
>>
>>322389570
Why even rob the prostitute if you're going to kill her anyway?
>>
>>322389954
And this is the response to that post... This is some next generation retardation.
>>
>>322389570
oh man that is EPIC!!! I always wanted to do that in real life, it should be legal (like weed) for us to with women as we please.
>>
>>322389194
Sorry to say, but Bayonetta. I liked the game. I finished it. But it took me months to beat it because I would just look at the case and be like "Eh, not in the mood." I started a hard mode playthrough and just quit after beating the first level. Haven't played it since.
>>
>>322389194
I feel the same way about it. It seems fucking incredible but as soon as I get to Sigil I feel so overwhelmed by all the shit going on I just lose interest.
>>
>>322389194
The Memetcher
>>
>>322389194
My journal
>>
>>322390984
You should kill yourself.
>>
>>322391398
I know what you mean, but you should play on.
The hive is pretty meh because you get thrown in and there's so much to do, but once you hit ragpicker's square the game gets MUCH better.
>>
>>322389194
Same. I love baldurs gate, but can't enjoy ps:t at all for some reason.
>>
>>322391398
This shit scared me the first, I don't know, at least five times I played Arcanum and I stopped playing after leaving Shrouded Hills but once I finally got over it I had the time of my life.
>>
>>322389194
The witcher 1, the combat is insufferable
>>
>>322392564
Just use isometrical view and play like it's a mod for neverwinter nights.
>>
>>322392731
I tried to do that too, but the combat is still stiff as fuck, it tries to be a third person RPG with a pseudo isometric combat in both modes and the result is simply horrible, the gameplay isn't fluid at all, which is what you want from a non-turn based RPG.
>>
>>322389194
Souls franchise.
>>
>>322392731
NWN combat is just as bad, the only upside is that it has prestige classes
>>
>>322393289
How prestige classes are related to combat? How exactly typical crpg combat is bad?
>>
What can change the nature of a pleb?
>>
>>322389194
Pillars of Eternity

I'm fairly new to PC and wanted to try out a Crpg. I heard a lot of stuff about this one and it sounded easier to hop into than the older stuff like BG 2.

Holy shit. The combat is the absolute fucking worst thing I've ever played. Not only is it boring, but it's horribly slow and I have to micromanage shit ever other second. Why the fuck can't it just be turn based if I'm going to be pausing the shit every other action to activate and queue moves.

Along with that, I just don't care about the plot or the world. It's dumb when every character has like 9 paragraphs worth of expostiotion about them, when they add nothing to the fucking plot.

I love reading, but in the hours of I've "played" this game, I could have read an ACTUAL FUCKING BOOK, with some actual merit to it. I thought this game was going to be like actively playing a book I was reading. Fuck Crpgs. Never again.
>>
>>322393932
Fallout 1 and 2 was a much more enjoyable crpg experience. I've tried several different crpg's and those two where the only ones I could get into. You get the first one for free if you sign up for a GOG account
>>
>>322393932
Didn't like the pausing either and some of the characters are long winded. Abandoned the game in the deep dungeon but I'm going to pick it up again because I want to know how the story ends.
Try out divinity original sin enhanced edition, it's a lot lighter and is actually turnbased. X-com is also pretty good.
>>
>>322393807
Typical CRPGs let you manage a party and use spells that have a direct impact on the flow of the combat. NWN is balanced as a single player MMO wherein you have no controllable party and skills and buffs have marginal impacts on combat

Prestige classes sort of make it bearable because they make up for the lost proficiencies when multiclassing
>>
>>322389407
You wouldn't know good writing if it raped you in the ass you plebeian underage, you have shit taste and you always will have.
>>
File: laughing7.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
laughing7.png
477 KB, 560x500
>>322390984
>>
>>322394456
I've seen some of the dialogue from Fallout 2, it looked really well done. Pretty funny, some of the stuff I've seen. The combat from PoE is just awful though, I'd have to see how the combat plays out in F2.

It's not even that they're long winded, it's just unnecessary, for the most part. Like, why the fuck would I ever read what amounts to like a page of text about a random npc's back story, or lore that has nothing to do with what the fuck I'm doing.

I just can't do it. I don't see the point in playing a game with horrible gameplay to get a "good for video games" story. I'll just read a book and move on to something else.

>>322394526
I was looking between PoE and Divinity, but figured I'd go with a more traditional experience to see what the series is more akin to. Made the wrong decision there, I guess.

I like reading and rpgs have been my bread and butter since I was a kid. I thought it was a match made in heaven. But the game part is just so bad that not even the alright, at best, story does anything for me.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.