[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.tssznews.com/2016/01/01/ source-offers-insight-in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 25
File: 97QwENP.jpg (420 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
97QwENP.jpg
420 KB, 1920x1080
http://www.tssznews.com/2016/01/01/source-offers-insight-into-potential-sega-pc-releases/

>Our source also indicated Sega wants to being several titles in the Atlus library to PC, but is facing some resistance from the Japan side.

PERSONA 5 COMING TO PC CONFIRMED
>>
> but is facing some resistance

learn to read
>>
>>322352314
Shit, really? I was thinking of getting a PS4 for this and DQ11.

Fuck, what are the chances of the new DQ coming to pc?
>>
>>322352314
>Sir, we want to release games for PC so we can earn more money!
>Earn more money? Are you insane? You're fired, Kenjiro Johnson-kun.

Why are japanese developers so frightened of earning more money?
>>
>PERSONA 5 COMING TO PC CONFIRMED

More like a port of persona 4

which will still be awesome
>>
>>322352314
>http://www.tssznews.com/2016/01/01/source-offers-insight-into-potential-sega-pc-releases/
maybe a bundle with 1-4
>>
>>322352594
Low.

>>322352732
You do realise that they need to renew licenses and do porting, testing and generally spend resources on it so it's not just literally free money, right?

Not to mention, depending on the game there might no even be potential buyers there.
>>
>>322352732
Reminder that Atlus originally wanted to make it a PS3 exclusive. I think they just really hate having to learn to program for different consoles. Sega forced them to put it on PS4, they'll force them to put it on PC as well.
>>
>>322352732
Probably the same reason you can't have too much money in the U.S. You draw in solicitors, tax collectors, and people that want to rob you, sometimes even going so far as to kill you for it.
>>
>facing resistances
tell me again why are Japanese people allowed to exist outside of making anime and video games
>>
>>322352732
They think that nobody buys games on PC and everyone pirates them.
People who play on PC in Japan have shit PCs most of the time.
>>
>>322352852
Why not just emulate?
>>
>>322352852
better be the shita edition with all the other thingies
>>
>That includes “heavily” considering bringing the Yakuza franchise to PC, in order, beginning with Yakuza 0

This would be really fucking cool
>>
>>322352732
they have blind loyalty culture,
>>
File: 1442632312891.jpg (163 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1442632312891.jpg
163 KB, 480x480
>>322352314
>but is facing some resistance from the Japan side
FUCK YOU GOOKS LET ME HAVE MY WAIFU ON PC
>>
File: 1405718329324.jpg (156 KB, 813x769) Image search: [Google]
1405718329324.jpg
156 KB, 813x769
so this means that Sony won't make Atlus ditch the PS3 version right?

RIGHT?
>>
>>322352732
Actually, you should think about it this way. It's been decades and Atlus still doesn't care about European releases. Now that's practically free money for all their releases.
>>
Honest question, is there any reason to own a console at this point?
>>
>>322352997
First off, Sega isn't in charge, Sammy is. Second of all any company that can get 1m sales on the Vita has no reason to port to PC.
>>
>>322353056
STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS DAMMIT
>>
>TSSZNews

fake
>>
>>322352314
>Sega
>Atlus
Pick one.

Atlus is owned by Sammy, not Sega.
>>
So just like Neogaf's sources?
>>
>>322352314
like I would be really glad if some Atlus games got a PC port but I understand why they won't do it since PC sales are really shit compared to console sales
>>
>>322352997
> I think they just really hate having to learn to program for different consoles

Persona team made 1 game on the PS3. It's not like they were beholden to it.
>>
>>322353196
>implying that making money on one console means you can't make money on another console
>implying that sega doesn't completely own atlus and can't force them to do whatever they want.
>>
File: sonykoj.jpg (634 KB, 960x1565) Image search: [Google]
sonykoj.jpg
634 KB, 960x1565
>>322352732
There's a positive stigma attached to exclusives, they are seen as an integral part of the lineup, whereas when it's ported to PC it's seen as just simply another multiplatform game. Also, coming to PC is seen as dirty and immoral. It's like letting homeless people or people in gym clothes into a high-end bistro. You just don't do it If you have an ounce of respect or dignity. Yes, those people will pay for their meals, but they will disgust and turn away your biggest fans and most loyal customers.

There is also the issue of loyalty. The Japanese take this very seriously, and Atlus would face great opposition if they were to let PC pirates and thieves access to their game.

Atlus is one the top earning gaming division of Sega for a damn good reason. In this world of blurred moralty and fucking consumers over for a quick buck, Atlus remains loyal to those who support them most, and we return the favor.

Persona 5 will sell gangbusters on PS3 and PS4, and PC owners will have to sit on the sidelines writing petitions and convincing themselves that "the game would have been shit anyways."
>>
>>322352314
>Pcucks are this desperate for games.
>>
>anonymous source said game might come to PC
>OMG PC RELEASE CONFIRMED
>>
>maybe if i keep posting this thread 5 times a day, whatever this dumb site writes will become reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>322352314
Fake, Sega doesn't having anything to with Atlus anymore
>>
>>322353096
It's how you can tell the article is a load of shit. Half the fucking Yakuza games aren't even localized for PlayStation.
>>
>>322353540
>Fake, Sega doesn't having anything to with Atlus anymore

So why does Sega keeps promoting them.
https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/682697776430370816
>>
>>322353491
See you when all the Yakuza games come to PC!
Holy shit this is some great news, I thought I was going to have to buy a PS4 for 0 and 6, but now that SEGA's confirmed they're releasing more shit on PC, it's just gonna be a waiting game.
>>
>>322352314
>Yakuza 0
Isn't Sony involved with Yakuza 5 and 0? Plus it hasn't even been confirmed for Europe yet.
>Valkyria: Azure Revolution
Wouldn't be surprised if this got ported. But it'd need to be localized for PS4 first.

Atlus doesn't want to release their titles on PC.Which is why Persona 4 Arena hasn't been ported by Ark System works yet.
>>
>>322353540
>>322353383
>>322353196

Reminder that Sega and Sammy are literally the same company and all that Sammy actually manages by themselves are pachinko machines. Atlus is still 100% Sega's property.
>>
>>322354230
I think they're involved with translating them, but I don't think anything's stopping them SEGA from buying the rights to the US release and releasing it on PC, or just translating it on their own.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>322353491
>>
>>322354008
Same as company, but after restructure Atlus sits under Sammy not Sega.
>>
>>322354347
Exactly I think some are confused by this
http://www.seganerds.com/2015/11/30/sega-transfers-all-index-shares-to-sawada-holdings/

Sega still owns Atlus
>>
>>322354423
Yes but Sammy doesn't actually manage the videogame departments, that's all Sega. Sammy just holds them in name after Index went belly up.
>>
>>322354082
Sega never confirmed this though. For all we know their next PC ports could be more Sonic games.
>>
And we all know what this actually means.

Some ancient titles will get a shitty port.
Persona 5? Maybe in 2030.
>>
>>322353232
The achievements for P4G are pretty shit. Literally guide gaming.
>>
I don't care for Persona and have already played platinum's games but I've never tried Yakuza.
I want vanillaware's games but I don't think they'll put in the effort to redraw them above wii/ps2 resolution.
>>
>A source has told TSSZ
>Our source says
Wow it's nothing.
>>
File: 1432181344222.jpg (352 KB, 1280x856) Image search: [Google]
1432181344222.jpg
352 KB, 1280x856
The only way to play a long story/dialogue based game like this is undub. In which case a pc port of P4 is useless. You can emulate the undub perfectly and if you already haven't you are missing out.

I think a lot of you cheer for ports just for the sake of shitposting. It really makes no difference (or in the case of Persona it's worse). I played Bayonetta on the PS3 5 years ago and I would THINK about pirating it if it comes on the PC.

>>322353232
>STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS DAMMIT

Fuck steam. PC gamers supporting Valve in anyway when no Half Life 3 is a disgrace. That's the very point of the "pc is dead" meme. There are no more AAA single player games made for the PC anymore and HL 3 is literally a failproof game. The only reason the fat fuck (Gaben) is not making the game is because he is complacent with Steam's success. So the more you support Steam the more PC gaming remains dead.
>>
>They think that nobody buys games on PC and everyone pirates them.
>implying this isnt true

Atleast Thats what i do
>>
>>322352852
Maybe they'll port golden
>>
>>322354082
There's no confirmation yet, especially how the article said they're going to release them all starting for 0. That's just absurd.

They've practically disowned 3 (no digital release) and 1,2 on PC but not on PS3? No dice.

I can buy RoF and Vanquish but Yakuza is pretty much the last thing I'd expect them to port, after Shining Resonance.
>>
>>322354791
http://nichegamer.com/2015/10/vanillaware-is-exploring-a-solution-to-bring-their-games-to-pc/

No one can stop PC.
>>
>>322354971
>PC will never get the 5/5 Artbooks with the games
Practically nothing.
>>
>>322354673
It depends on how much of a fight Atlus puts up. Sega of Europe and America own a few studios that have made very good PC ports in the past and Sega as a whole does quite well in the PC market.
>>
>>322354971
Day 1
>>
>>322354824
>So the more you support Steam the more PC gaming remains dead.
>I would THINK about pirating it if it comes on the PC

Your logic makes no sense. Sure Steam is shit but actually buying PC games from it, showing there is a market for Japanese games, and having Steam provide storefront for the Japs is a hell of a lot better than pirating their games.
>>
Yakuza, Vanquish, Hatsune Miku and VF5 seem like no brainers tbqfh ham
>>
>>322355059
Atlus doesn't even acknowledge Europe. And that shit is catching on to SEGA too.

>>322355138
See >>322354968

>>322355112
Unless it's qtesy anime the games do pretty bad desu. Second Chapter sold like shit.
>>
>>322355138
How the fuck project diva is going to work with its blatantly playstation button prompts.
>>
>>322355231
Re: Yazuka, I expect them to start with the HD remake of Yakuza, which should be easy to port and won't have any rights or legacy code issues, then do 0 and 6. It makes a ton of sense for Sega to try and increase the popularity of the series in the West, since it's potentially a large new revenue stream for comparably little effort.
>>
>>322355273
>hurpadurp playstation invented triangles and circles

fucking dumbass
>>
The branch of sega doing this has nothing to do with ATLUS
Fuck off with your clickbait
>>
>>322355447
Yeah lemme just press the triangle key on my keyboard oh wait...
>>
>>322355231
>Second Chapter sold like shit.

It also is the second game in a long JRPG series that took forever to come out. It was never going to do gangbusters. And saying it doesn't sell is more of a reason for Sega not to port anything.

>>322355447
It is literally the same colors and buttons.
>>
>>322354824
steam literally saved pc gaming. it brought everything into one place and made it an appealing platform, rather than the fucking wild west where your port goes to die.
>>
>>322355112

Buying games to "show there is a market" never works. That's like saying you'll buy 10 copies of a game. It's not realistic or sustainable. Just because a few thousand people buy random ports doesn't mean anyone is falling for your fanboyism.
>>
>>322355273
Just map them position-wise. People can always use their DS4 controllers on PC if it bothers them that much.
>>
>>322355231
Anon, Sega of Europe is where basically all of Sega's PC efforts are gathered considering they're the ones who own both The Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive.
>>
>>322355112
>having Steam provide storefront for the Japs is a hell of a lot better than pirating their games.

YOUR logic makes fuck zero sense. I'm not a PC gamer for weeboo leftovers with poor tech in the first place. I am a PC gamer for games with great tech. Seriously why the fuck should I care about Japanese games on the PC; the minuscule graphical advantage or the years of waiting ? It's economics 101: a market and an after/secondary market are two different things. The PC is an after market for Jap games.

As long as you continue to support Steam, real PC gaming remains dead.
>>
>>322355436
>comparably little effort

People say shit like this and then we get awful ports for a reason. PC porting is magically taking code that works on a console and changing the file name to .exe.
>>
>>322353491
I can never tell whether these are shitposts by those who don't care either way and just wanna kick up a fuss, or if this is genuinely how brand-loyal drones think.
>>
>>322355436
> I expect them to start with the HD remake of Yakuza, which should be easy to port and won't have any rights or legacy code issues, then do 0 and 6.
Except that they didn't even localise the HD version. So it's practically impossible to be on the port list.

And yes, if they wanted to release it on PC they would have to license everything again.

1->2->0->6 doesn't make any sense. Neither would 0-1-2-6 mind you.

> It makes a ton of sense for Sega to try and increase the popularity of the series in the West
Again, they made a Wii U port of 1&2 HD but it flopped like crazy because there were no fans wanting it on Wii U.

>since it's potentially a large new revenue stream for comparably little effort.
Having to make a port and redo all the licensing on a series that doesn't even get all the games in the west (it has under half the total titles in the west currently) it is a lot of effort.
>>
>>322355571
Fuck off with your stupidity. The branch of Sega that "owns" Atlus is a pachinko company that owns them due to business reasons related to Index dying. If you actually knew anything you'd know that Sega manages all the video game concerns of Sega Sammy Holdings regardless of what branch of the company owns it.
>>
>>322355602
FC sold like 140k at the point when SC came out (granted there were tons of sales at around 10 dollars). SC sold 8k within the two weeks from release, meanwhile Tales of Zestiria sold 90k within 3 weeks of release. We'll see how Berseria rivals those sales when it comes out.
>>
>>322355965
You're confusing the remaster and the new remake, senpai. Look up Ryu ga Gotoku: Kiwami, out next year in Japan.
>>
>>322356110
Fuck, out THIS year, sorry. Forgot it's after Jan 1.
>>
>>322355965
>>322355436
Oh and I forgot to mention that apparently the code for Yakuza games is spaghetti making it hard to even localise the games, much less port them.

>>322356110
You should've just said remake cause I just saw the word HD and went with that, my mistake.
>>
>>322355849
>The PC is an after market for Jap games.

I know and that is why I don't care if these games get on PC. I've got Playstation consoles that can run all of these games, but for the people who don't these ports are good.

> I am a PC gamer for games with great tech
>As long as you continue to support Steam, real PC gaming remains dead.

So instead of supporting the devs who create those games with "great tech", you'd rather pirate their games? Or are you trying to say that DRM free storefronts somehow generate more revenue for "real PC gaming"?
>>
File: 1451680224719.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451680224719.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
People still care about Persona?
>>
>>322356075
Why it seem there is more people who care about those game than the last WRPG on the Internet when they sell so badly?
>>
>>322355965

This, everyone who wants to play yakuza already did. The reason people wait for some ports is because beggars have some steam behind them. Squeenix ports their most mainstream game? Maybe their niche ones will come. BN ports big 3 games and souls? Maybe gundam and digimon will come. H1 ports arcsys games? Maybe we'll stop being a whole version behind.

It's like listening to gambling addicts. They keep telling you this one's a winner even though they can't know. Odds are they will win something sooner or later, but the loss is not playing video games in the meanwhile. I really don't get how anyone can be happy this way. Like the people who buy nep rebirth. You don't care that you've missed out on the original, v2, and multiple spinoffs? Nor do you care that you don't get other ch games or games similar to neptunia? I just don't believe that. People call it scraps for a reason.
>>
>>322356252
Yes.

Also nice webm.
>>
>facing some resistance from the Japan side.
REEEEEE IT'S NOT FAIR, WHY DO I NEED TO BUY A PIECE of SHIT 3/4? REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Please don't let PC get these pure classic games, they will just mod them and pirate them. They make shitty memes and deface great art works.
>>
>>322355965
>>322356110
That still leaves 3 and 4 and with 3 being the most outdated in terms of pretty much everything. Its going to be jarring as hell playing 3 after zero.
>>
>>322356224
>You should've just said remake cause I just saw the word HD and went with that, my mistake.
Okay, fair enough. But my point is that the remake won't have any of the legacy issues that the original titles has and should be relatively easy to port, and would be a nice entry point for the west. Sega is probably planning to release it on PS4 in the west either way and a PC port wouldn't require a ton more resources if you're translating the fucking thing either way.
>>
>>322355849
>also

Another reason I pirate a tone of things on the PC is that when you buy steam games you buy a VERY limited use license. It's not anywhere near the same as actually buying a physical game which works according to physical goods laws and regulations which supersede the legal "limited license" bullshit companies print on the back. People that give money to steam for limited licenses are sheep.
>>
>>322356408
>You don't care that you've missed out on the original

No one should care they missed out on the original.
>>
>>322356427
But who?
>inb4 40k units sold on PS3/PS4.PC combined
>>
>>322356519
They just won't release the whole series senpai. Plus Sega might also be eying remaking the whole damn series if Kiwami does well
>>
>>322356519
Like I said before, SEGA has pretty much disowned 3 because of all the cut content. They didn't even release it digitally on PSN.

>>322356558
It still leaves the fact that the code is spaghetti. 5's localisation took setbacks because of text not showing up correctly and shit.
>>
Threads like these need to be deleted.

It will spawn at least a hundred threads during late 2016 where PCniglets are asking "But I heard a PC port is coming too! So where is it??"
>>
>>322352314
>facing resistance

Why would they be resisting money?
>>
>>322356716

I don't approve of this meme. I liked the old battle system. It was absurdly innovative by making skill triggers purely conditional. I don't know why it got such a bad rap but it was an interesting system. Also very ironic because people criticize neptunia now for being a generic jrpg but also claim it was shit when the battle system was anything but generic.
>>
File: America.jpg (56 KB, 615x396) Image search: [Google]
America.jpg
56 KB, 615x396
>>322352314
2 N O T E N O U G H
N
O
T

E
N
O
U
G
H
>>
>PCfats port begging for games they'll never get
>>
>>322356883
Sega
>>
>>322356883
Because porting a game on PC isn't equal to uploading "ps3game.exe" on steam
>>
>>322356558
They probably still need to re license
everything which takes money
>>322356883
Because its a company that manged to sell a million copies of a vita only game.
>>
>>322356850
It's a fucking remake, they'll be rewriting the damn thing from scratch, it's designed to be cross-platform, plus there's a huge difference between porting a game from PS3 to PC than porting a game from PS4 to PC, especially if it's not a cutting-edge title graphically.
>>
IT'S OVER

CONSOLES ARE FINISHED
>>
>>322356225
>So instead of supporting the devs

YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE DEVS WHEN YOU BUY IN AN AFTER MARKET. You dipshit. It all goes to the publishers. Total Buiscuit and the like have lied to you, they are literally spewing out nonsense. I don't know if they majored in some useless humanitarian studies shit but a dev dosn't not have any rights in their shit being re-published.

When a product does well in the bargain bit, it's NOT GOOD for the developer, the talent, the artist. It's just the publisher.
>>
File: 1428266687855.jpg (23 KB, 475x360) Image search: [Google]
1428266687855.jpg
23 KB, 475x360
I should be happy, but now that I have a PS3, I don't even give a fuck.
Unless the west doesn't have PS3 version
>>
>>322356510
I think if Nintendo SMTs gets put on PC too, then it'll be fair. Not good at all if all the reasons to buy a PS4/3/2/1 because of SMT and Persona disappear, but the Nintendo ones are still there.
>>
File: petitions.jpg (424 KB, 1550x1800) Image search: [Google]
petitions.jpg
424 KB, 1550x1800
>>322356964
>>
>>322357020
It's a fucking remake. What extra shit will they need to "relicense", exactly, that they won't have to "relicense" when they're remaking THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME FROM SCRATCH? Stop talking shit.
>>
>Purseowner and JRPGs that don't really need all the nice things PC Hardware can provide (60 FPS) gets in
>Still no fucking Yakuza
I just want to play Dead Souls without a shitload of framedrops.
>>
>>322357037
Uhh, anon. The code for all the games is spaghetti and they all heavily recycle assets, Kiwami will heavily recycle 0's assets and it's already seeable from the trailers.

6 is the first PS4 only game and comes with a new engine but will continue the tradition of heavily recycling assets and all.
>>
>>322356964
>>322357207
samefag
>>
>>322357182
Nintendo's not going to be around much longer anyways.
>>
>>322353056
Not everyone has a good enough processor for smooth PS2 emulation.
>>
>>322357289
>being this dumb
>>
>>322357207

>no detriment to console users

Except the part where the developer doesn't update the console version with pc content, forcing the user to buy the pc version for the superior version and punishing them for their initial support. And no, I'm not talking about shit that consoles couldn't do like 4k, I mean shit like dd getting a pc port but no ps4/xbone port even though they could easily be 1080/60.
>>
>>322352997
That's because the ps3 is still king in japan not because their lazy
>>
>>322357208
Certain mini games, real life places, brands etc.
taiko drum master on Yakuza 5 is a bamco game unless they plan on a simultaneous launch or already made plans they have to go through the whole process again.
>>
>>322357285
>the code is so shit with so many reused assets in a way they magically port it to PS4 but not PC!
>being this retarded
>>
>>322357505
That's just Zogstar being Zogstar.
Your own fault for supporting them. Don't forget to buy some shark Card though! :^)
>>
File: dasda.png (54 KB, 276x279) Image search: [Google]
dasda.png
54 KB, 276x279
>>322353232
>STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS DAMMIT
Why are pc achivements so whortless?
>>
>>322357556
You don't think they're having to relicense all that shit for the remake anyway? And you don't think Sega aren't going to release the Yakuza remake on PS4 when they've literally just released fucking Yakuza 5 on a dead console?
>>
>>322357505
I think you misunderstood the image. All of your complaints aren't because of the fanbase/platform users, that's all decisions made by the producer which is Capcom in this case. So instead of mis-labeling your rage, direct it to the people who are actually at fault here.
>>
>>322357505
>console version doesn't update with PC content

There are other games that have this problem

See:TF2 on 360 and PS3 versions
>>
>>322356110
That's even dumber, senpai. Why would they put Zero off to do Kiwami first when the latter isn't even out in Japan and doesn't even have a localization being worked on?
>>
Persona 2 eternal punishment psp port to pc PLEASE ATLUS
>>
>>322357320
That's so mean! I hope the games stay on Nintendo and Sony platforms. Besides Sega releases plenty of PC content already.
>>
>>322357691
Sony had a hand on that release they probably helped payed for the licenses
>>
>>322357675
Because all achievements are worthless and the Steam interface is even worse than the consoles shitty achievement interfaces

>>322357760
Based on the assumption that people would rather start with the first title rather than the prequel? Because they can base the translation of the remake on the previous PS2 translation, making it easier and cheaper?
>>
Who else getting the PS3 version here?
>>
>>322357208
They need to relicense everything for a new version of a game. That's how it is in Japan. Localisations need relicensing too which leads to licensed music and all getting cut.

> THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME FROM SCRATCH?
They're not making the game from scratch when they fucking reuse assets from 0 like crazy.
>>
>>322352950
>You do realise that they need to renew licenses and do porting, testing and generally spend resources on it so it's not just literally free money, right?

So they are just lazy and cheap then? There was also the news that they wanted to do a new release of the old Shenmue games for years but couldn't because of all the in game adds for stuff like coke.

If Sega wasn't so fucking cheap and lazy they could have spent all those fucking years taking it out.
>>
>>322357912
Going to wait the PC version since it's already confirmed.
>>
>>322357713

I'm just responding to the part that said a pc port has no detriment to console users, ie that console users should not be upset about pc ports when they should. Anyone should be upset about ports if the original versions don't get the same content updates.

>>322357727

Some people do it right though, like sega putting vc remaster on ps4. The odd thing about dd is that capcom has made remasters multiplat recently, like dmc4se. Who knows, maybe the console announcement will come shortly after the pc release.
>>
File: 1449512533363.png (144 KB, 633x900) Image search: [Google]
1449512533363.png
144 KB, 633x900
FAAAAAAAAKE! STOP RIGHT NOW!
are we still doing this meme in 2016?
>>
>>322357968
How is it lazy and cheap to not want to license shitloads of stuff when it doesn't directly lead to more money earned?

If you started taking all the real life shit out from Yakuza they'd have to redo all the fucking stores, shops, cities etc.
>>
>>322356725
p4g sold 1.1 million

on vita
>>
>>322357951
Jesus christ, this argument is retarded. I hope you're trolling because no-one can be this dumb.

>>322357968
Shenmue is way harder to port than a modern game and I can kind of understand Sega's reluctance to devote resources to it.
>>
File: 1396619421_Hatsune (7).jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1396619421_Hatsune (7).jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
Project Diva on Steam when?
>>
>>322358171
Color me surprised.
Still, that's because there is nothing else on Vita.
>>
>>322358287
It's coming too, just read the article.
>>
>>322358287

Why though? Game is already fine on ps3/ps4/vita.
>>
>>322352314
>>322352732
Japan has barely comprehensible licensing laws. Literally every aspect of a game has licensing aspects they have to pay for.
>>
>>322358287
>Project Diva
It's the crap on your pic?
You want this shit?
>>
>>322358258
>Jesus christ, this argument is retarded. I hope you're trolling because no-one can be this dumb.
What? Why? Because it's true that they need to relicense everything for a new version of a game?
>>
>>322357968
>they could have spent all those fucking years taking it out.
Unless they also need permission releasing the game without those ads and other advertising content in there if that's what the original agreement was, as is often the case.
>>
>>322358014
To be fair, Consoles have had DD for a very long time so naturally Capcom are adding small little extras to sweeten the deal and make it worth while to re-invest in a game they've released twice already. Also lets not forget that the console version has the Berserk items but the PC does not.
>>
>>322357912
I think we are the only ones brother
>>
>>322358514

That's a really minute difference though. They could easily remove the letterbox and increase the framerate for ps4 and xbone. It's dd, not crysis 3. Hell they could even put it on wiiu.
>>
>>322357912
Sorry anon, was going to get it for PS4 but a PC version is too good to pass up. Hope you PS3 guys enjoy it anyway.
>>
File: 1451703460101.jpg (64 KB, 697x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451703460101.jpg
64 KB, 697x1024
>>322358813
What are the difference between PS4 and PS3 version on a such game?
>>
>>322358813
You're never getting it
Better start writing that petition, faggot
>>
/pc/ board when? Every fucking day there's a begging thread up about something or other.
>>
>>322356519
It's jarring as hell going back to 5 after having played 0, believe me.
>>
>>322358897
I don't think there's any information regarding that right now but it will probably be the usual downgraded graphics, longer load times, less content, shit like that.

>>322358912
Didn't you read my post? I said I was going to get it for PS4 and if it doesn't get a PC port then I'm set already and will have it day one on PS4. I would just prefer a PC version.
>>
File: top lon.jpg (46 KB, 1912x246) Image search: [Google]
top lon.jpg
46 KB, 1912x246
>>322358984
go to neogaf.
>>
>>322358984

Why not just make begging a bannable offense? What the fuck are we supposed to do? I don't work for sega and I don't need ports. They're just trying to stir shit up and it hurts gameplay discussion.
>>
>>322353491
>Atlus remains loyal to those who support them most
i really TRY supporting them as much as I can but I live in Europe
>>
>>322358463
1. You need to relicense everything!

Yeah, they need to do it anyway because they're making a remake, and they will have already dealt with global rights as the remake is almost certainly being released in the West on PS4 no matter what, given that *every single* mainline Yakuza game has been released in the US so far.

2. They're reusing assets from Zero.

So fucking what? Especially since Yakuza 0 is already confirmed to be coming out in the West, what does that have to do with jack shit.

3. The code is a mess

It's a remake, the code will be better, and given that it's already been ported to the PS4 so it can't be that fucking bad. The PS4 and PC aren't a million miles away from each other architectually, plus it's a AA game, not like fucking Arkham Knight that pushes the platform to the limit.

4. Why would they release Kiwami on PC rather than 2/3/4/5?

Because playing the first title is the obvious introduction for new players, and it's likely way easier to port a modern PS4 game than a PS2/PS3 title.

Stop with the dumb, shitty arguments. It'd be a surprise if Kiwami doesn't come out on PC, it would make a *ton* of sense of Sega to do it to try and grow the series. The arguments are that it wouldn't sell well enough to justify the investment, but, frankly, I'm not convinced that doesn't make it worth them at least trying.
>>
>>322359273
PS3/4 is region free they also learned their lesson to never region lock games so there's that.
>>
>>322357020
P4g did not sell 1 million copies, unless you can show me a source of Atlus saying otherwise.
>>
>>322359268
>Why not just make begging a bannable offense?
I don't think mods would be able to keep up, honestly.
>>
>>322352314
https://mobile.twitter.com/johnlhardin/status/633710762226229249

Will you guys ever stop begging?
>>
>>322359339
> and they will have already dealt with global rights as the remake is almost certainly being released in the West on PS4 no matter what, given that *every single* mainline Yakuza game has been released in the US so far.
Factually wrong. All other versions will require new licensing: see all the missing licensed tracks from all Yakuza games post 2.

>It's a remake, the code will be better
It's been a mess for ages and will remain so, why do you think it would become better when they reuse as much as they can?

>Because playing the first title is the obvious introduction for new players
Except that it's partly tied to 0 and will feature changes because it's a remake. Not to mention after that you'd still miss 2-5.

> It'd be a surprise if Kiwami doesn't come out on PC
What? Why would it be a surprise it doesn't come out on PC when even 0 isn't confirmed for PC release yet and it's the ONLY game currently in localisation.

>it would make a *ton* of sense of Sega to do it to try and grow the seri
And again, Wii U HD sold like shit because Wii U had no fans wanting it.

>So fucking what?
The fact that you keep on saying how they're remaking it from the scratch? If it were from the scratch it wouldn't be reusing assets by the tons.
>>
>>322359750
Didn't this guy also said that P5 was going to be released in 2015?

Yeah, seems totally right. Stay mad, peasant.
>>
>>322359750
Despite Hardin being a faggot and asshole all the time, he's alright when it comes to denying PCucks
>>
>>322359652
They never announced it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's in the ballpark. Last report was 700k copies shipped two years ago, but that excludes digital.
>>
>>322359815
Also, especially when the game isn't even announced for localisation despite coming out soon it definitely means there are no licensing rights discussed for any other regions but the ones it's already planned to be released in.
>>
As if there wasn't enough weebshit on Steam...
>>
>>322359339
>It's a remake, the code will be better
It's actually gotten worse over time, believe it or not. 5's localization was delayed multiple times because of how difficult it was to work with
and Zero has a 2017 slated release date in NA despite being a smaller game overall

If they are going to continue localizing the series I hope they skip Kiwami and go straight to 6 though, I could do without a remake if it meant not having to wait 3-5 years just to play the more interesting game.
>>
>>322359943
>shipped

Atlus goes out of their say to announce that their games sell 500k, yet you're telling me that they wouldn't announce a single vita game selling one million copies? Atlus loves to give sales into about SMT/Persona. They would never pass up the chance to gloat about good sales if the opportunity came up.
>>
>>322352314

OK, so Persona 5 comes to PC. Now what? You have some bait and shitposting ammo? I'm pretty sure everyone on /v/ that wants ports of games to PC, only does so for the shitposting possibilities.
>>
>>322352732
I'll explain it like that.

The very same Sega, S-E, Capcom and other japanese publishers price their games on steam in Japanese region at equivalent of $90 and release JAPANESE AUDIO/SUBTITLES AS $10-30 DLC, IN JAPAN, I REPEAT

This is some kind of cartel or something.
>>
>>322360119
6 won't be interesting desu.

It's either them announcing it's the last mainline Yakuza and Kiryu dies in the end -> Kiryu really dies. If they don't announce it being the last game and Kiryu dies -> he doesn't die.

I don't honestly think they can do anything good with the story at this point.
>>
>>322352732
I know that Steam Japan has an awful reputation in Japan but I don't know why.
>>
>>322359260
I don't think there will be cut content.
Japan would bomb ATLUS if they do that.
Also does anyone know what are the rates of people owning a PS3 vs PS4 in Japan ?
>>
>>322360393
not enough localization.
Even Shogun 2 doesn't support japan.
>>
>>322360343
Good thing I don't consider a cutscene at the end of the game to be the entire game then.
>>
>noname website says they have an anonymous source stating that there are talks to port persona to PC

This reminds me about Bloodborne all over again.
>>
>>322360393
Because shit's expensive in Japan coupled with publishers being reluctant to publish PC games on Steam in Japan.
>>
>>322360598
I would consider Yakuza to be a giant cutscene.
>>
>>322360453
PS3 but the PS4 is catching up and more people are going with PS4/Vita in Japan these days.
>>322360393
Most games are blocked except for Americans/European games, VC is region blocked on Japan Steam
>>
>>322360393
see
>>322360323
forgot to mention that sometimes there aren't even Japanese localisations on steam(even though they exist)
>>
>>322352314
Everything is bound to show up on PC as long as used game sales exist on consoles. PC has a piracy problem but that doesn't stop game companies seeing long-term results from sales on PC. This is why there's a delay between console and PC release. Once used game sales eat up most sales of console games, you'll see P5 on PC.
>>
>>322360598
It won't be that different since it's all about recycling stuff. The only point of interest for me is that are they going back to Kiryu only with styles or what.

Honestly, playing 5 and having to hear YUME repeated 60 times a minute really got on my nerves. Since 6's theme is freedom it will most likely have FREEDOM (in English, of course) 60 times a minute.
>>
>>322360781
so, one month later?
>>
>>322352314
Why would atlus make exclusives in the first place when they get nothing from it
>>
>>322360927
Sony is paying.
>>
>>322360927
Exclusive=free hype
See how Insomniac was hype when it was a sony exculsive dev, but went under radar as soon as it was multiplat.
>>
>>322360781
It's not down to 'used games sales', it's down to it being a cheap easy source of revenue without having to invest in expensive shit like marketing costs or physical products. It's great for niche products.
>>
>>322361151
You can do that on consoles too but don't expect great results on either platform.
>>
>>322360871
You'd think more people on here would like it then, what with all the love for MGS and stuff

>>322360871
The overarching story isn't even the main appeal of these games for me. 5's core story was weak, it's actual cast of characters were extremely enjoyable though. Content-wise it's massive. The soundtrack was fantastic. The combat is okay.

I'm definitely looking forward to 6, Kiryu "dying" at the end doesn't particularly mean anything to me in regards to why I enjoy these games in the first place. I've beaten Zero already and I definitely would be disappointed if they don't retain style switching, it's injected some much needed life into the combat system.
>>
>>322361151
And everything else, I guess.
>>
>>322361039
Haze was terrible thats why it went unnoticed >>322361008
Source?
>>
>>322359750
>begging to a PR rep

thats just bitching to the employee instead of the manager. you ain't getting shit.
>>
>>322361351
>it went unnoticed
after the release.
Before, it was "the Crysis killer".
>>
>>322361249
Not until recently, and certainly not to the same extent. Consoles games have a different life-cycle, with them tending to be more front-loaded in terms of sales with little long-tail (in part due to used sales, but it's just a fundamentally different market).
>>
File: fatlus release date.jpg (64 KB, 445x571) Image search: [Google]
fatlus release date.jpg
64 KB, 445x571
>>322359750
top kek
that faggot redditor also said that p5 was coming in 2015
>>
>>322358287

That's gonna be a bit challenging given all the Playstation face button symbols littered throughout the game. I'm not just talking about the note icons, but the in-game art as well.
>>
>>322361274
I hope there'll be less playable characters and focus on styles.

Because Yakuza 5 story suffered from too many of them.
>>
>>322361274
As far as new content goes it's pretty small amount in Y5. I mean, of the new minigames the only thing that lasted longer than 10 minutes was the Kochin racing which was just badly made overall.

As far as side stories went Taxi was 90% listening to people and their problems, Hunter was alright although traps were completely waste of time, Baseball went fast as usual and Dancing was boring as shit because for some reason they decided that 90% of the events should use the same damn track.

Other than that it's pretty much the same old same old and the new cities are half-assed.

But the soundtrack is great, yeah. Then it gets so much worse in 0, sadly.

Despite trying to invest you in the side characters you know we will never see them again.

>>322361513
What? You can just release digital only and leave it to rot, just like Steam. But if you do no marketing (through streamers or anything) you can't expect many sales on either platform.
>>
>>322361351
Why would they keep a game hostage in only one system if it's not for the Sony money?
>>
Reminder a PC version of P5 would mean you'd be able to patch in the Japanese audio and dump all the horrible English voice actors.
>>
>>322361998
i'll give it a month for the ps3 version to get patched.
>>
>>322361609
I can agree with that much. If 0 is any indication then tightening their focus on a smaller overall scope results in a way stronger overall game.

>>322361732
The side missions were all essentially extended substories, dancing got repetitive due to the lack of songs but otherwise I enjoyed the variety it brought.

They revamped a couple existing minigames and Taiko Master is fun as fuck imo.

Somewhat agreed on the cities, plus it seemed like the prettier the locale was the more invisible walls there were everywhere. There was still a fuckton to do though.

Hey they didn't kill everyone off or send everyone to prison this time like they did before, you never know. I really hope they don't drop Watase.

I do think that the series shouldn't be annual so that they can spend more time on development, but I doubt that will be changing anytime soon.
>>
>>322354968
>RoF and Vanquish
Stop fucking with my hopes and dreams.
>>
>>322362573
you dream of dead series?
>>
>>322362203
If only Taiko Master had more songs in it.

>Somewhat agreed on the cities, plus it seemed like the prettier the locale was the more invisible walls there were everywhere.
That's just because Sotenbori and Kamurocho are the two cities that have been previously in the game so they could recycle assets for them. The new cities were pretty empty overall, Tsukimono didn't even have minigames beyond Karaoke and snowball. And Snowball AI was just plain stupid.
>>
File: one punch mona.jpg (43 KB, 535x765) Image search: [Google]
one punch mona.jpg
43 KB, 535x765
>>322354971
>Dragon's Crown with a multiplayer scene more active than a dead hooker's rotting carcass.
>>
>>322362745
It's called Dungeons & Dragon Tower of Doom.
>>
>>322362745
It wouldn't last that much longer on PC you know.
>>
>>322362851
Does it have Kamitani's bonerpopping art?
>>
File: harada.jpg (105 KB, 1080x840) Image search: [Google]
harada.jpg
105 KB, 1080x840
>>
>>322363010
What
>>
>>322363114
Harada said to stop begging for Tekken to come to steam
>>
>>322363010
What if he's Palm Desert
>>
>>322362992
There is deviantart for that.
You know, maybe there is a reason why this game died so fast.
>>
>>322363614
I wanna take the hook with both hands, SO BAD.
>>
>>322363673
go ahead.
>>
>>322352314
>all this shit
>no source
Into the trash
>>
File: AROUSED.png (973 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AROUSED.png
973 KB, 1280x720
>>322363782
Thanks, man.

Are you the gimp that thinks liking Sorceress makes you a pedophile, or what? Cause you certainly sound like him. Why can't I have fun and also enjoy looking at things? Elf is best girl next to Amazon and Dwarf.
>>
>>322363953
The game is literally a remake of a niche game for the 90s.
It died? No wonder why.
And no, a PC version won't save it.
>Are you the gimp that thinks liking Sorceress makes you a pedophile, or what? Cause you certainly sound like him.
>neogaf
>>
As someone who never played any of the SMT or Persona games, do I need to play persona 1/2/3/4 to get what's going on in 5?
>>
>>322364225
It died because consoles are for people who enjoy casual shootbangs, racing games, and watered down bethesda RPGs, and nobody bought a Vita.

Well, it got enough sales on the Vita, but the Vita is a flavour of the month machine anyway.
>>
File: smug-chromatic-aberration.png (41 KB, 130x170) Image search: [Google]
smug-chromatic-aberration.png
41 KB, 130x170
>>322352314
Sure, why not. It would save me a few bucks I'd have to spend on a used PS3.
>>
>>322364324
Nah, they're standalone entries, you'll miss a few references at most
Still, you should try P3FES to get an idea of what you're getting into, you can emulate it
>>
>>322364324
No, but why limit yourself? You can honestly skip 4, the story just isn't interesting at all. It's pure waifubait.
>>
File: fatlus gothic.png (60 KB, 1084x986) Image search: [Google]
fatlus gothic.png
60 KB, 1084x986
>>322364324
They are all the same game actually.
>>
>>322364374
>and watered down bethesda RPGs,
joke on you They sell more on PC.
>racing game
even a game like Dirt Rally is released first on PC.

Dragon's Crown died because beside le epic SJWFEMINISTWARRIOR outrage, it's just like Heroes 3 HD, except the core game is Tower of Doom instead of being Heroes: You can't just take a game from the 90s, slap hd sprites on it, and call it a day. They didn't even fixed what was wrong with Tower fo Doom.
>>
>>322364728
>They sell more on PC.
Alright, but you gotta meet me half-way on this one.

It's because people want to masturbate.
>>
>>322365064
>It's because people want to masturbate.
whatever
>>
>>322365120
Okay, Squall. Cheer up.
>>
File: Atlus marketing.png (227 KB, 328x330) Image search: [Google]
Atlus marketing.png
227 KB, 328x330
>>322352314
Remember when Atlus discovered how DLC prints money several years after everyone else did? They went full retard with the concept.
It's almost guaranteed that when they smell the money, they'll start a diarrhea of half-assed ports of everything they have.
>>
>>322365295
What did they do?
>>
Why am I supposed to care about Persona again? Only Kingdom Heart sound worse.
>>
>>322365362
Their games are packed with DLC these days.
http://www.atlus.com/p4dan/dlc/
>>
>>322364324
Nah. Might as well go back for 3 and 4 though, 5 will probably resemble them the most. Ignore 1, it never happened, except the first localization which is comedy gold.
2 is worth playing for the story but is a pretty mediocre videogame so suit yourself on that one.
>>
>>322365615
>recommends P2
>shit talks P1

Cunt
>>
>>322352732
Because their bad at business. Just look at their economy.
>>
>>322365864
Wouldn't say I "recommend" P2, but I wouldn't go as far as to shit talk it, unlike P1, which is objectively a very bad JRPG and video game in general. If you really want that 1st person dungeon crawlan there are plenty of better Atlus and MegaTen games for that.
>>
>>322366081
>which is objectively a very bad JRPG
>objectively
Ignored
>>
File: 1446670545469.png (147 KB, 873x806) Image search: [Google]
1446670545469.png
147 KB, 873x806
>>322366184
Seems like you replied tho.
>>
>>322365295
Also the reason why no JP voices or if there are, it's region locked is because of money.

>>322364374
Despite what people seem to be claiming, PC audience isn't any more prone to keep on playing and buying niche games.
>>
>>322352594
DQX and Heroes came out for PC. Looks like Squenix is pushing for all it's new releases to have a pc port.
>>
>>322367076
DQX came out on PC because it's an MMO and that's pretty much it. MMOs are pretty much the only genre other than VNs that get PC versions in Japan.
Also DQX is years old.
>>
>>322367373
>Also DQX is years old.
just like japanese gaming.
>>
>>322366631
No JP voices is primarily caused by AtlusUSA being cheap cunts who cut corners wherever they can.
>>
>>322367827
They're both trying to earn most money which means they don't license them for west.

They literally stated that P4A was region locked because of JP voices (Japs would import it for much cheaper price from USA)
>>
>>322352594
I'd say medium
I mean the game runs in UE4, and SE seems to like putting stuff on PC.
Just don't expect the PC port to launch anywhere around the same time as the console version
>>
>>322368608
heard that before.
>>
>>322367827
they're in the business to make money. if atlus is charging a fuckton amount of cash then i'd understand.

if i was atlus I'd charge atlus usa for each VA if they want to include jap dubs. its only far that jap VA get compensated
>>
>>322352997
>I think they just really hate having to learn to program for different consoles.

Welcome to Asia. Getting them to learn anything new in terms of tech is damn near impossible.

Working with them on I.T. matters is infuriating.
>>
>>322353135

By Japan they mean just Sony
>>
>people actually defend exclusives
You are the best goys I've ever seen.
>>
>>322352594
Even if they come to PC, don't expect it to be better than the ps4 version.
if it's enough for you, then just get the pc version
>>
>>322353056
No vita emulator yet
>>
File: 1451003396465.jpg (221 KB, 749x927) Image search: [Google]
1451003396465.jpg
221 KB, 749x927
What kind of female party members can we expect to get other than the two we know about?
Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.