[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Obsidian be allowed to make the next Fallout? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 667x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 667x230
Should Obsidian be allowed to make the next Fallout? I've been with Fallout since day one and its in my top 3 along with Elder Scrolls and Grand Theft Auto. That being said despite their praise I think Fallout 3 and 4 were lackluster at best. They just don't feel like RPGs, Fo4 even more so. Obsidian is comprised of members of former Black Isle studios, the makers of the original Fallout games and New Vegas. So since we're talking modern Fallout, what do you guys think? Should Obsidian be allowed to take the reigns with future Fallout games? I feel if we continue the current path then Fallout will move further and further from the RPG we love.
>>
File: portrait_zahua_lg.png (117 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
portrait_zahua_lg.png
117 KB, 210x330
The Fallout series is over. It's been irredeemably ruined with 3 and it will never be good again. It's dead. Let it rest in peace and move on, brothers.

Leave Obsidian alone, let them make their own IP's and work on new cool shit, it's giving us far better better output than if they were constrained by Bethesda's terrible open world design philosophy and awful engine.
>>
They should make a VtMB sequel with source engine 2.
>>
File: fallout lelvegas.png (219 KB, 1505x1398) Image search: [Google]
fallout lelvegas.png
219 KB, 1505x1398
No lol
>>
File: 1433406460252.jpg (140 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1433406460252.jpg
140 KB, 1280x1280
The only question would be if Bethesda would allow them to continue the story on the west coast with the NCR and the Legion. Or if they would have to set it in an entirely new area much like Fallout 3 and 4 did.
>>
File: f4nv.png (914 KB, 1780x1543) Image search: [Google]
f4nv.png
914 KB, 1780x1543
>>322349916
>>
>>322349570
>It's been irredeemably ruined with 3
You seem like you don't even know about 4.
4 took whatever was left over from 3 and rapes it until it becomes CoD + Minor RPG elements.
>>
>>322349916
Great bait.
>Expecting console players to want a decent RPG when they can get watered down 'streamlined' versions instead.
>>
>>322349932
If that's the case, midwest Fallput would be rad.
>>
>>322350151
Accurate except that CoD at least has somewhat decent gunplay

Also Bethesda needs to understand that difficulty =/= autistic bulletsponge enemies
>>
>>322349916
>>322350046
These people are why we can't have nice things
>>
>>322348480
>>322348480

>
Nobody is gonna pay Obsidian to do anything except the Obsidrones.

Obsidian is bankrupt and gonna die soon. thank god

They never made a single good game.

>>322349570
>let them make their own IP's

All games that they made on their own are total garbage.

The only OK "games" they ever made are mods to already complete games.
>>
Yes, but it won't happen.
>>
>>322349864
Can't speak for the engine but they are making a sequel
>>
I don't even think Obsidian could fix it. The complete removal of skill points and the simplified dialogue system would ruin anything they try to do.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.