[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In 2009, Todd Howard stated that developers should ignore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: todd.jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
80 KB, 640x640
>In 2009, Todd Howard stated that developers should ignore demographics and installed base, and follow their passions, saying “if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables.”
>>
He's not wrong
>>
>>322315732
okay
>>
>>322315732
>if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables

That's such a great quote I can guarantee that Todd stole it. Probably some lowly indie dev he met at GDC.
>>
todd howard doesnt know a damn thing about making videogames. He just happens to have the greatest marketing teams behind him.
>>
>>322315732
Fo4 is the most for the masses iteration of fallout yet and I haven't gotten a sense of "passion" from anything Bethesda has made in years.

I don't believe he said this at all.
>>
>>322316483
Lol ok
>>
>>322315732
As much hate as /v/ gives him shit, all they do at Bethesda is make the games they want to play.

They hold monthly meetings where they show off games they played and liked, just to see if they want to throw any of that into their games. So they're getting payed to make games for themselves.
>>
File: todd_howard.jpg (70 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
todd_howard.jpg
70 KB, 615x347
>>322316483
>He just happens to have the greatest marketing teams behind him

You mean himself?
>>
>>322316528
>Fo4 is the most for the masses iteration of fallout yet

His point (or the point) is about catering to the widest possible audience so that's not out of line with the statement.

>passion

Kind of a loaded, and subjective term.
>>
>>322315732
>because there are a lot of tables

And I'd fuck many girls because there's a lot of vaginas.

;_;
>>
>>322315732
Unfortunately Fallout 4 sold a shitload. So he's not wrong from an income standpoint.
>>
File: Pinochitodd.jpg (563 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
Pinochitodd.jpg
563 KB, 1062x1062
>>322316731
Who could be Toddhind this post?
>>
>>322316731
I just wish they didn't have such shit taste.
>>
File: DLC Discussion.png (264 KB, 1835x817) Image search: [Google]
DLC Discussion.png
264 KB, 1835x817
>>322317143
>>
Anyone got the Todd goofball's story, Jesus I cried to that one
>>
>>322317095
What would happen if Pinocchio said "my nose will now grow"?
>>
>>322317470
It will grow: his nose grows when he tells a lie, but there's no indication that there's no other condition under which his nose will grow.
>>
>>322317617
Yeah but if his nose grows he's not telling a lie, and though my knowledge of the movie is not perfect, there is nothing to suggest whether his nose deals in absolute truths or in a more subjected basis of truth.
>>
>>322315732
i honestly agree with him here.

too bad he threw all that out the window when it came to FO4 and instead spent all his time pandering to the wrong demographics by adding things that don't belong in a Fallout game (like settlement building) and removing features that were essential to the series (like a proper stats/skills/perks system)
>>
>>322317923
Right, it's more likely that Pinocchio's nose responds to agitation like a polygraph.
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (90 KB, 600x407) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
90 KB, 600x407
>>322317923
>and though my knowledge of the movie
>>
>>322317470
nothing.

because it's technically not a lie as it's something that has yet to happen. Even Pinocchio isn't 100% sure as to whether his nose will grow or not, and there's no way to ensure that it will unless he's telling a verifiable lie.
>>
>>322318556
This, it wouldn't grow at first, then he'd start to feel guilty and it'd grow.
>>
>>322318630
OK what if he said "my nose will grow in direct and/or proximate cause of this statement"
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.