[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sandbox Survival Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 18
File: header.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
What's the best Sandbox Survival game on Steam right now, bros?
>>
>>322314907
The long dark. Not having zombies is very refreshing
>>
>sandbox
>survival

<3 dis meme right here
>>
>>322315785
I was reading up on it and it sounds good on paper but the decay feature and brick wall of nothing left to do after looting everything sounds pretty gay.

Is that better than The Forest?
>>
>>322315982
m8 pls
>>
h a l p
>>
The Long Dark for max comfy.
>>
>>322317743
is it really good? see: >>322316235
>>
>>322315785
>Kickstarter funded
>early access

I was told these things were a no-no
>>
>>322316235
Still in early alpha. It has a lot of stat tracking that's fun to follow, and multiple maps do keep it interesting. It's not a game you should grind, but putting an hour or two a day in is the perfect amount. Movement is also rather slow and the initial lack of threats make it very chill.
>>
RUST
>>
>>322318240
So Long Dark? Yes no?

>>322318417
I'm at work right now overnight, is it gonna put me to sleep? Or should I just fucking buy it because it's only 10 bucks fuck it.

That being said what about Forest, is that similar? Or better? I do like snow more than tropical, but.
>>
>>322318527
I haven't played the forest, so I'm not sure. It's an easy going survival game with the potential to be very intense, so you can set it on max difficulty immediately if you just want to hop right in. The art style is very nice, and there's definitely more than 25 hours worth of raw content without replay to cover, not to mention the variability that initially comes with reply and the development process of the game.

>>322318240
It's a risky move yea, but even in this stage, it's still enjoyable.
>>
The Long Dark is crap. Mechanically it's vaguely interesting but the fact that there's no win state of any sort, no way to sustain yourself outside of endless scavenging (and thus no build up nor goal) and the fact that it drops you into the wildness with some RETARDED plot hook of an electromagnetic phenomena crashing your plane and apparently wiping out humanity is dumb as fuck.

I liked it for a while but then I walked into my nth building with a bunch of pristine shit inside but a frozen corpse right outside and the nonsensical gameyness of it all hit me hard.
>>
>>322318980
Alright. Too many mixed reviews from this game. Definitely gotta give it a skip.

Has ANYONE played Forest? Or literally any Sandbox Survival?

I was actually looking at this game Shelter 2, looks pretty interesting tbqfh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JERob5TAx-o

thoughts?
>>
The Long Dark looks interesting, but it says solo player. How about multiplayer that isn't shit? A friend gifted me 7 Days to Die and it's stupid impossible to do anything in that without RNG being in your favor and my toaster can't run Ark.
>>
>>322319286
>multiplayer
I was actually looking for single, should have mentioned that. I have no fucking friends. Have you played Ark? What's it like? Is it worth playing 1-player?
>>
>>322319443
wife plays it, she enjoys it but it's only a fun game with other players.
>>
Anyone played Kholat? Looks interesting as fuck, but I just gotta know whether it's shit or not. On a budget and can't drop $10 bucks and have the game be ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM0tk9Qsw54

>>322319537
>only a fun game with other players
thanks m8
>>
>>322319443
No. ARK is easily the best survival game around but only for multi. Single player doesn't really have any bots of sorts or anything else that might challenge you outside settling down and gathering an unreasonable amount of shit to build/get eggs or whatever.

If you want single player I'd look into The Forest or 7 days to die, those at least have enemy NPCs that actively go after you.
>>
File: TLD.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TLD.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
>>322318527
I really like The Long Dark, but if you're looking for excitement you would be better off with The Forest. TLD is more of a slow burn punctuated by oh shit moments when a wolf rounds a berm in front of you, while The Forest is tense most of the time you're playing it, since those cannibal fucks travel in packs.

However, The Long Dark has atmosphere going for it - it can be incredibly engrossing, especially once you start really getting into hunting and crafting. It's very visually pleasing as well.

There's a lot more to do in The Forest, though - more building, more hunting, crafting, surviving. Cave exploring is especially fun (and terrifying at times).

They're both pretty good, and if you've got the funds I say grab both.
>>
>>322319673
>someone actually played The Forest
So is it worth the price? How much did you enjoy it / how many hours do you think you could get out of it solo?
>>
>>322319690
Alright. Well then I think I'll put The Forest on a burner for now because I'm really into the snow theme, a lot more terrifying and immersive.

Heard of Kholat? Kind of in between that and TLD right now. Or Shelter, but no one has even fucking heard of that.
>>
I just started playing The Forest but I feel like I'm missing something. Everything takes boatloads of resources to build but I can only carry 10 sticks, 5 rocks, and 7 logs maximum. It really feels a hundred times more efficient to make a little circle around my camp and grab things as they respawn rather than exploring more of the island. Especially when I need upwards of 50-200 rocks/logs to built fairly small walls for my settlement.
I did go out and bomb a couple of these stone graves but for how rare the materials are to make bombs, I didn't get a single useful item out of them.

I mean, the game is really spooky. Just the noises of the forest make me feel like I'm constantly in danger. But the enemies really aren't even a problem, especially since traps will instantly kill most of them. There are some super spooky/tough monsters but they don't even show up above ground unless you kill tons of the normal guys. I guess the real risk would be exploring the monster caves but so far the only treasure is suitcases full of things I've mostly replaced with natural alternatives.
>>
>>322319690
>>322319760

Does The Forest still have retarded cannibal HP?
I have to hit one cannibal with an axe like 15 times to kill it.

ONE
>>
>>322319993
God damn. All these games seem flawed as fuck to the point where playing them seems moot.
>>
>>322319868
Only ever seen Kholat played, but it seems like a fairly short, straight-forward adventure, in that you go here do this try not to die, then move to the next area. It seems good, but not really sandboxy.
>>
>>322315785
The problem is its pure scavenging, which might be interesting to some people but for me it was just tedious as fuck.

You never felt like you made any progress because everything decayed. You couldnt make or do anything that felt like you were making permanent progress.
>>
>>322320124
would you compare it to something like, Dead Space?

I'd watch gameplay myself but I don't want to get fucking spoiled or else what's the point

I'm in a bind here m9s
>>
>>322320065
These days you can wrap your basic axe in cloth, light it on fire, and swing like a madman. The cannibal problem usually solves itself at that point.

You can also upgrade them with teeth and such for more damage, or just kill a cannibal who has a big fucking club and use that as well, which kills them much more quickly. They gave us a bow, too, but it still seems wonky.
>>
>>322320065
That's my problem with 7 days to die and why I hate it so much. Build an axe, takes 20 swings to kill anything, finding guns and ammo is nearly impossible without luck and surviving requires even more. I've watched some LPs of it in earlier stages where people were finding guns, clothing, etc. withing moments of making a new game.
>>
>>322318980
>Crying about an end state in a game mode specifically about surviving as long as possible.

What is Story mode? Yes it's not out yet but its an early access game so...
>>
>>322320253

Does the game still has shit like randomly die in a cave for no goddamn reason?

I had that so many times that i just abandoned the game.

Dont know if it was intended or bug, but many times i just died instantly for no reason.
>>
>>322314907
Miasmata fits those criteria, but it's not really much of a "survival" game so much as it is "survival horror"
>>
>>322320095
Thats basically the entire genre

They are all early access and all have mostly half assed features that are almost good enough to be enticing but still so flawed that you look at them and go 'this would be so much better if they just fucking finished the game'

Most of them are just stealing ideas from other survival games and trying to cash in on the genres current popularity.
>>
>>322320397
>M-muh game is not bad because it could be better in the future!
>>
>>322320458
In other words completely avoid this trash so as not to promote this degenerate early access meme shit. Gotcha.

Any actually FINISHED survival horror whatever games? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>322320239
Hrm. Well, I don't recall you being able to actually fight back at all in Kholat, you just sort of book it and hope you dont get instagibbed and have to reload. Neat story though.
>>
Nobody plays h1z1?
>>
I wanted a game like this but not a single one had a proper ending or even a single player goal of sorts beyond "survive as long as possible."

I just bought rocket league instead.
>>
>>322320667
God fucking damn. I'm about to just pick something out of a hat of the suggestions ITT because all of them seem equally shit.

Besides Shelter. That could go either way because no one knows anything about it.

>>322320770
>zombieshit
>>
>>322320616
Dont Starve is a finished survival game, but it isnt horror really.

Project zomboid is basically finished, but that isnt horror either, although it does have 'oh shit' moments and a surprising amount of depth and choice.

Its a pretty fucked up genre.
>>
File: 2014-08-08_00001.jpg (381 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-08_00001.jpg
381 KB, 1600x900
>>322320426
Yeah, I remember that. A lot of the caves early on were full of water that didn't render, so...you were drowning. A lot. And not to mention falling through the world.

They've tightened it up quite a bit, I think. Every once in a while the geometry might bug out a bit, but it least stepping on a dismembered body doesn't launch you 400ft up in the air anymore. That was always fun.
>>
Is stranded deep any good?
>>
>>322320849
>Dont Starve
>>322320849
I need a spec of realism in order to enjoy this type of shit at a maximum level.

But yeah, holy shit. This should be the goat genre. Has by far the most potential but it's all just half-baked barely finished kickstart shitters. What the fuck.
>>
>>322319642
It's not a survival game like DayZ and The Long Dark, it's more like Amnesia but with a bigger map.
>>
>>322320770
Meme game.

I remember when it first came out I had a blast, barely any base building shit and very low ammo/food made the game feel a lot like last of us, but with shittier combat.

Since they only listened to feedback from plebbit, it's now a fully autistic base building simulator with grief.
>>
>>322320984
The trailer makes it looks fucking beautiful.
>>
>>322321008
>Amnesia but with a bigger map
that sounds pretty good honestly, do you recommend?
>>
File: glow seeds.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
glow seeds.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
Personally I love Subnautica. It's got a fairly short progression so far but it's absolutely beautiful and manages to be both terrifying and comfy at the same time. Living in pressurized glass bubbles and staring out at the wonders/horrors of the deep sea is pretty cozy. Especially since I've always had a fear of open waters.

Plus you can make a mobile customizable submarine base and launch a smaller submarine from inside the big submarine.

It updates a lot but as a result it can be pretty fucking buggy.
>>
>>322314907

Subnautica would be perfect with Coop.

Why are the devs so fucking retarded not wanting to add coop.
>>
>>322320984
Stranded Deep is...eh. It's not bad, but once you build a shack or two and dig around some sunken boats, you run out of stuff to do pretty quickly.

If you're still on the ocean motif, Subnautica has been sucking up a lot of my time lately, and there's a hell of a lot more to do in that game. Plus, the different biomes are gorgeous, especially once you start diving deeper.
>>
>>322321278
>>322321293
>>322321307
>No mention of subnautica in the whole thread
>3 posts in 1 minute about it
>>
>>322321241
If you liked Amnesia, then you'll probably like Kholat. More jump scares, less constant horror, but very similar.
>>
>>322321278

Like the youtube showing their updates. Is there any list of what they plan to implement? Is there a solid release date?
>>
File: Webber.png (268 KB, 560x720) Image search: [Google]
Webber.png
268 KB, 560x720
Currently been playing a lot of Don't Starve since I picked it up during the Winter Sale.

It is pretty fun, the art style and universe seem really cool. I just keep getting annoying world gen with a bunch of ugly patches of different biomes and shit inter mixed, but that is honestly the only complaint I have so far.
>>
>>322321241
Yes actually, it's immersive as fuck. Although I personally don't think it's worth it's price, pirate it.
>>
>>322321278
>>322321293
>that feel when you get physically sick playing it
Three dimensions with no sense of up does not a happy gamer make
>>
>>322321406
What's Kholat like compared to Outlast? Not OP but haven't played Amnesia.
>>
>>322321293
They decided when they started they wouldnt be able to deliver as much content if they did coop

So the current plan is to finish the game to 1.00 version, then work on coop.

They actually really want it, its just a question of 'when' really.
>>
File: Reaper_Leviathan_(5).gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Reaper_Leviathan_(5).gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>322321278
>manages to be both terrifying and comfy at the same time
Yeah, it's a nice balance. You're swimming around, enjoying the nice night ocean, then this fucker sounds off in the deep dark and comes charging at you.
>>
>>322320770
I only play H1Z1 for Battle Royale because thats all its good for in my opinion.
>>
>>322319993
>>322320870
I really want to like this game but it looks at me and it says "I'm just like Life is Feudal!"

Hardcore grindan survival sounds fun on paper until you do it. Then it's not so fun.
>>
>>322321475
>Is there any list of what they plan to implement?
Mostly scattered stuff on their site, no singular source I know of
>Is there a solid release date?
Nope, don't think so
>>
>>322321039
I agree the base building is shit do you know how i can get rid of this? I only played for 2 days now
>>
Hey OP,

I've only played The Forest but it looks really great and the gameplay is solid. However I feel like you will run out of things to do pretty quickly unless you wait for the game to finish development.
>>
Skyrim with survival mods.

Not joking.
>>
>>322321906
Thanks m8.

Not a bad thread tbqh. Mostly just discussing games and not a ton of shitposting.

8/8 would r8 again
>>
File: what I played dont starve.jpg (417 KB, 1227x1293) Image search: [Google]
what I played dont starve.jpg
417 KB, 1227x1293
Don't Starve if you want true open world survival. The two expansions add a lot. The different characters also add some interesting gameplay changes.

Terraria, while not really considered a survival game, is probably up your alley as well. Feels more like an open world metroidvania/castleroid, but the invasions and building aspects are somewhat related.
>>
>>322321982
Skyrim and New Vegas stacked with survival mods was nice.

Skyrim needs a heavy dose of economy mods to make it work however or else you're just a hungry guy with infinite cash.

That was one of the major failings of the game. Money is entirely inconsequential except to buy houses, and houses were entirely inconsequential since you got the best one for free and you could just download a mod and get an awesome house instead of some dingy shit.
>>
File: 1449608921462.png (5 KB, 488x383) Image search: [Google]
1449608921462.png
5 KB, 488x383
>>322321906
>>322322047
I really want this game but I know exactly what it'll do. It'll be fun at first, I'll enjoy the challenge of trying to find ways to really beat it and struggle a bit. Then I'll suddenly hit a clearing in the forest and in front of me will be a field. A field of no fucking content. And then I'll regret paying money.
>>
>>322322221

>Skyrim needs a heavy dose of economy mods to make it work however or else you're just a hungry guy with infinite cash.

I can't find any good economy mods, and I'm at the point where I feel like my save would explode in file size with any more script heavy mods.
>>
>>322322363
There aren't any that I'm aware of and ones that have a more regional economy aren't very good, especially for trade oriented play.

The only way to go is to just grab whatever mod thats updated that fucks you in the ass and turns merchant profit up big time and your profit down.

But that's pretty good. I forget the exact mods but I remember one time playing with requiem, frostfall et al, hardcore needs, and an economy mod where I literally could not afford food and having to leave town because I was hungry, climb up to bleak falls barrow, and find a wolf to kill, then having to cook it all before I starved. All while nearly dying of hypothermia.

Felt fucking great.
>>
bumping for SHELTER 2 info

no one knows what it is so I'm almost leaning towards that, it's also a buck cheaper than the others
>>
>>322322627
Oh yeah requiems pretty much essential to good hardcore survival experience.

Having unscaled enemies forces you to play safer and fuck around fighting low level shit early on. The biggest issue with any sort of difficulty added to Skyrim is everything scaling.
>>
>>322321693
It will get there eventually. Nothing crazy, but a nice little story, more ways to get food (fish traps and shit), more weapons, and improvements to the AI. Though personally I wouldn't suggest it by yourself and if you will be to wait until completion, playing it with friends is pretty fun. Space engineers is another one that is adding more and more survival mechanics, they intend to eventually add hunger and thirst mechanics, though it's far from the primary goal of the game.

Personally, I just want a good exploring game. A game that can capture what we can never experience, the discovery of the new world. Sailing from island to island, traveling through the jungles with nothing but a machete and a flintlock. I have resigned myself to the fact that nothing like this will exist though. Is Wurm any good for exploring?
>>
>>322323332
I've played 100 hours of space engineers and cannot imagine it with hunger and thirst mechanics.
>>
>>322314907
Is there a single one of these games that is not early access?
>>
>>322323491
RIGHT? Holy fucking Christ.
>>
File: 622Vomit.jpg (63 KB, 336x436) Image search: [Google]
622Vomit.jpg
63 KB, 336x436
>start playing minecraft
>enjoy me some exploran and buildan
>lol let's add a hunger system
Haven't played since.
>>
B U M P
U
M
P
>>
>>322323805
>minecraft
seems pretty gay senpai
>>
>>322314907
Not exactly sandbox, but whats the word on Routine? Of all the indie horror games Ive heard of recently, that one looked by far the best.
>>
>>322323941
no clue

bump
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (88 KB, 660x748) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
88 KB, 660x748
>Price of individual products - $9.98
>Bundle Cost - $13.39

Ok then.
>>
>>322324194
slick.
>>
OP, I have 18 hours played in The Long Dark, and various amounts of time in other ones. I'd say TLD is the best game by far. It's the one game where if this was considered "out", I'd be satisfied with my purchase. It's not bogged down by crafting. Instead, you just explore and try to survive. That being said, after about 18 hours in I feel like I'm done and there's nothing left to do, but it was $15 well spent.

Rust is probably the best multiplayer survival sandbox game, but it's no fun without friends. None of them really are.
>>
>>322324194
m8 have you played it is it good? please
>>
>>322324439
Thanks m8. Gonna wait til the thread starts to die off before I make my choice. I only have another hour or so at work, so I won't be playing much tonight. I'll bide my time and see what everyone has to say then buy/play tomorrow night.
>>
>>322324531

Installing it now.
>>
Arma 3

>best editor
>>
>>322325025
Oh shit. Let me know how it is brave pioneer anon I'll be lurking. Also, are you jumping right into 2 or starting with 1? From what I can tell 1 & 2 are the same gameplay-wise except 2 has more features and better graphics.

>>322325136
what?
>>
>>322325136
>survival
>>
>>322325259

Checking out 1, if it's good i'll grab 2.
>>
>>322314907
Fuck it I'll buy it, videos on youtube looked good.
>>
>>322325568
Forest?
>>
>>322315785
Is this worth getting for the Xbone?
>>
>>322325451
Hurry back m8, curious as fuck.
>>
>>322325613
Yeah, seemed really good with friends but uh I don't have any that play it and I'm not interested in making friends with someone to play a survival sim with
>>
>>322325796
this
>>
DON'T let the bread die m8es
>>
>>322326725
well then do something about it faglord
>>
File: Untitled.png (16 KB, 222x342) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16 KB, 222x342
>>322327196
I did.

It was that post.
>>
>>322319271
> Too many mixed reviews from this game. Definitely gotta give it a skip.

You are such a faggot holy shit, watch a video.

Also
>Neo Scavanger
>Project Zomboid
>The Long Dark
>Dont Starve + DLC

You cant go wrong with those, havent played the Forest yet
>>
>>322325694

Shelter seems alright, but I don't think it's at all what you're looking for.

A cool game to play for a few hours on a lazy sunday and never fire up a gain.
>>
STALKER maybe?
>>
>>322328003
>Neo Scavanger

Only game i know where i can die by diarrhea because my dumass didnt boil the water.

Great game
>>
>>322328140
Really? Alright thanks senpai.

>>322328003
Fuck it. Long Dark here I come. Hope it doesn't suck.

>>322328475
>challenger approaches
Neo Scavenger, is that early access or finished game?
>>
>>322319271
I have put a good 50+ hours into The Forest at various stages of development. It is a solid game that gets increasingly harder, but also more fun, as you discover new things to do and make and see. Definitely the best survival sandbox game on Steam, without a doubt.
>>
>>322328529
>that early access or finished game?
Finished nigga

Is the one game i can recommend easily if you are into survival games.
>>
File: 1448840603790.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1448840603790.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>>322328615
>Neo Scavenger
>it's an 8-bit point and click game
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
Anyone tried this? Spess seems cool but the entire genre is full of unfinished youtuber tier trash. Plus it's early access and these games NEVER get out of EA.
>>
File: pz.jpg (362 KB, 1680x988) Image search: [Google]
pz.jpg
362 KB, 1680x988
have you check project zomboid?

one of the few real survival zombie games since before the early access bullshit, i think is going to be finished this year
>>
>>322328606
I think every person ITT has said it's basically unplayable without friends. Is that true because I have no one to play with.
>>
>>322328849
I remember when you could smother your crippled wife with a pillow.

Stupid fuck of a dev lost literally the entire game and had to start over because he had his laptop stolen and had 0 backups.
>>
File: SoD.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SoD.jpg
214 KB, 1280x720
>>322314907
If you enjoy getting your ass chomped and raped on by 30+ zombies at any given time then this is worth the look.
>>
Been playing Eden Star lately, pretty fast start, great movement, and should still be on sale.
>>
>>322329062
they made back all that lost progress, made a new 3D engine and other shit nigga, you should give it a try again if you can.

Also they said that when the npcs are back they will add another way to do it and smother your wife with a pillow animations
>>
>>322329075
Sincerely thanks but no thanks. I've had enough zombieshit for 5 lifetimes.

>>322328841
That looks kind of neat. Like what are even the enemies in that game? Looks to comfy but in a boring way.
>>
there was a f2p one on steam I fucked around with for a bit. Lot of the assets from dayz or whatever were used in it. Was called Romero's zombie something. Has nothing to do with John Romero and apparently they got the rights to use the Romero name from George Romero's kid. Game sucks but hilarious to try and unravel the shitstorm
>>
>>322329029
You can play it single player or on a random server. You don't need friends to play it. But there will be increased difficulty as you try to figure out how to manage things. If you want, add me and I will show you the ropes sometime. As long as you dont mind an old fart like me playing. Search for callmepotato83 on Steam. Would provide link if I wasn't mobile and in bed already.
>>
>>322329521
Oh shit i know which one

Romero Aftermath, jesus fuck that game sucks dick, is made from the makers of WarZ/Infestation Survival stories or some shit like that, they tried to jump on the DayZ wagon.

You are better off playing Nether for 1$ or Unturned that is F2P and way better than DayZ.
>>
File: 1336648021897.png (60 KB, 375x248) Image search: [Google]
1336648021897.png
60 KB, 375x248
>playing Long Dark for the second time
>it's day 10
>low on food and wood at the frozen lake after an excursion to find the cabin
>trying to get back to the dam where my supplies are
>snowstorm wont let up so i'm stuck in a tiny house, living off the three dead wolves outside
>keep resting until the storm dies down
>it's dark out but the weather was tolerable so i say fuck it since i'm going to die anyway
>a bear comes out of nowhere and mauls me ten seconds after leaving
>my clothes are shredded to shit and i'm staggering about
>cant see shit, captain
>slowly hobble back to the tiny house past the bear, who took pity on me and also couldnt path to me because it's early acces
>lie down in the bed and bleed to death

that game is going to be amazing
>>
File: Miscreated.jpg (669 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Miscreated.jpg
669 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone know if Miscreated is good or not?
>>
>>322329821
>hobble back to the tiny house past the bear, who took pity on me and also couldn't path to me because it's early access
sounds like shit senpai
>>
>>322329893
Dont

Just dont
>>
>>322329905
I think it's because there's a weird dock kind of area there and the terrain is a bit off. Or maybe there's just a cooldown on when they'll attack you again. I have no idea, I haven't played it much.
>>
>>322330041

WHAT THE FUCK

WHY IS EVERY SINGLE GAME IN THIS GENRE A BUGGY EARLY ACCESS MESS JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

I JUST WANNA PLAY A FUCKING GAME
>>
>>322328849
>project never ever
>buying into that cursed POS that has seen no improvement in like two+ years
>>
>>322330313
>implying

Nigga they have 2 features left to implement to make it complete.

The NPCs and vehicles.

The thing holding back the NPCs are the animations which are coming up next update after the massive update they had in December.
>>
>>322330436
>implying

Nigga the npcs were supposed to be added years ago and now the game doesn't even have an ending because too much work.

Besides, knowing their luck the moment they finish the game is the moment a meteor is going to crash into the building and level it to the ground.
>>
>>322330284
To be fair, TLD is the least buggy one I've played. I don't recall running into anything noticeable except for the bear not attacking me again, which apparently is affected by sight/smell/wind and other things. I'd hardly call it a buggy mess by a long shot.

But yeah, early access is shit in general. Just pirate the latest versions of them if you want to try survival games.
>>
>>322329821
That sounds bretty good.
>>
>>322330667
>Besides, knowing their luck the moment they finish the game is the moment a meteor is going to crash into the building and level it to the ground.

kek i would expect that shit too

But the NPCs were added in 2012 and they realized they were not going to cut it, it was a shitty system so they took it out and made it again.

Now traits define the NPC personality and it shows how the NPCs play better than the players themselves sometimes.

Also the first NPCs update is going to be the wife-pillow tutorial story.
>>
>>322330839
>>322330436
I have no faith in NPCs and vehicles ever being added. They started working on expanding the map randomly, and map making tools.

It's clearly not the focus. And PZ is currently in year FIVE of open alpha development.

Fortunately for us it's been a fun game for almost the whole time without a lot of stuff that was broken. But I just don't believe them anymore when they say NPCs. And they don't talk about them very often anymore either.
>>
I just got Shelter 2. I don't know why. Fuck it.
>>
What was that browser game with the fire and the door or something and you survive in a village and stuff?
>>
Project Zomboid, easily.
>>
>>322314907
Either ARK or Subnautica, every other answer is wrong.
>>
>>322333760

http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.