[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fire Emblem is the only Smash rep franchise I haven't touched,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (368 KB, 678x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
368 KB, 678x512
Fire Emblem is the only Smash rep franchise I haven't touched, and since they currently make up 90% of Sm4sh's roster, I'm curious about getting into it.

Is there a good "starting point" game? I don't have much experience with TBS games outside of Advance Wars years ago.
>>
>>322313102
7 (Just Fire Emblem in the States), 8 (Sacred Stones), or 13 (Awakening). I'd say 7 because of the 10 chapter tutorial though.
>>
>>322313102
Nice bait in the OP
But on the off chance you're serious, start with Fire Emblem for the GBA japanese subtitle is rekka no ken and finish off the other 2 GBA games. Awakening if you have a 3DS and everything else if you like the series.
>>
Awakening is the perfect starting point for people that haven't played a Fire Emblem game.
>>
Emulate FE7 - just called Fire Emblem outside of Japan - on GBA. It was basically made to get the western audience into the franchise after the popularity of Marth & Roy in Melee, so it has a fairly low base difficulty and an extensive tutorial that can be useful for a new player (and kind of aggravating for an experienced player, which is all the more reason to play it first).

Awakening, as much shit as it gets from some FEfags on /v/, is a pretty good entry point as well.
>>
>>322314268
>He talks about how he can't slap the woman he's in love with if he A-supports Lyn
Hector is such a fucking gentleman.
>>
File: 1451446838693.png (479 KB, 639x429) Image search: [Google]
1451446838693.png
479 KB, 639x429
>>322314390
>>
>>322314958
Hot. You know they have the best sex.
>>
>>322314958
Is this a screenshot of Mark(you) getting cucked?
>>
>>322313102
7 > 8 > 13 > 6 > 4 > 5 in that order
haven't played the rest lmao
>>
File: 1451275628230.png (1 MB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1451275628230.png
1 MB, 1000x1333
Start with FE7 on the GBA.
If you want more FE7, play FE8. If you want to see more of FE7's world after that, then play 6.
If you want something newer with more polished gameplay, then move on to FE9 or FE10 (my personal favorites), but those are stupidly expensive, so I hope you have a modded Wii or a computer that can run Dolphin well.
If you want to see the highest point in the series before the franchise's original director abandoned ship, play FE4.
If you want to be utterly destroyed and love every minute of it, play FE5.
If you want to play Marth's games, play FE11 and 12. 11 is a bit lame compared to most games but it's not outright bad. 12 is genuinely good and features a My Unit that ISN'T a shitty show-stealing mary sue like in the following games.
Save Awakening for last. It's not bad really, but it falls a bit short in a few areas, notably the gameplay, map design, and characters. Playing it first can badly skew your expectations for the rest of the series.
FE1-3 are irrelevant.
Play TearRing Saga if you cannot escape your hunger.
>>
>>322315364
I know cucking is the obsession right now, but it's not really cucking as Mark cannot support Lyn whatsoever, so he's not even a romantic option.
>>
>>322315364
Besides right at the very start of Lyn's Story, Mark is almost a non-presence tbqh. So, no.
>>
File: 1451530522074.jpg (37 KB, 609x404) Image search: [Google]
1451530522074.jpg
37 KB, 609x404
>>322313102
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.