[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's next for Rockstar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 222.png (13 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
222.png
13 KB, 499x499
What's next for Rockstar?
>>
rdr2, then agent, then co production whore of the orient
>>
Shark cards and nofun 2: The reckoning
>>
Manhunt 3
>>
File: 1442177614102.jpg (66 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
1442177614102.jpg
66 KB, 900x719
>>322291407
manhunt x max payne x the warriors
>>
Bully 2
>>
More GTA online features
>>
>>322292246
Please no RDR 3, I really don't see what more they could do with the setting. Kinda hoping for Manhunt 3, but Bully 2 would be rad as well.
>>
hopefully another GTA. The rest of their franchises pale in caomparison
>>
>>322292657
Too bad, it's already happening. They've officially said RD is a franchise to them, and there's been rumors for quite some time now that another RD game is San Diego's current project.

Besides, it won't be a sequel to RDR2 like everyone's saying, and it'll probably take place long before RDR since that game was set towards the denouement of the western age.
>>
Rockstar All Star
>>
I'm still hoping for another midnight club, but it'll probably be another red dead.
>>
>>322292982
Too bad, Max Payne 3 was pretty great. It'd be great to see what they could do with a structured linear game when they aren't up their own ass with cinematics. GTA V and RDR were boring as hell, so idk, maybe they just aren't my kinda Dev anymore.
>>
>>322292657
rdr2 or rd3 would be amazing. they could jump 10 years in the past or future and would have completely different possibilities
>>
>>322292901
They cant top gta5 unless they work on the new one for 4 years
>>
>>322292657
Red Dead series is amazing, there will be another soon.
>>
Definitely:
GTA6

Almost Certainly:
RDR sequel

Maybe:
New IP
Max Payne 3

Never ever :(
Agent
Bully 2
>>
>>322295138
>Top GTA5
Maybe have good pacing and story missions unlike GTA5? I would take a smaller map if it was filled in better.

Max Payne 4 would be kinda eh. I don't see how they could improve that game's formula or mechanics without adding dumb shit like driving or open level design
>>
>>322295613

>unlike GTA5

GTA V is the best of the GTA series and one of the best games of all time. It's definitely the biggest technical achievement in gaming.

While Vice City was a cute rendition of Miami and San Andreas had cute renditions of LA/LV/SF, GTA V practically IS Los Angeles. Obviously the size isn't even close but the overall feel is totally fucking there. It's uncanny.

The fluidity in gameplay, physics, character control, etc. is incredibly realistic and hasn't been matched by any other game. It isn't even close. That's without even mentioning the movie-level story execution. I've said this before but GTA V actually feels like you're playing a movie, it's insane and completely worth the hype (as well as the billions of dollars). GTA IV may have slightly better writing but that doesn't matter when this is the execution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bi6e1rRGgo&feature=youtu.be&t=92

The argument used to be (with GTA IV) "San Andreas has more to do" but even that doesn't hold any weight at this point. GTA V has fuckloads of high-quality content that far surpasses 99% of the competition. You might not be able to use dildos as weapons but there's Saints Row for that "EPIIIIIC SUPERHERO XDDD" garbage.

Really though, I'm tired of this "GTA V is bad" meme. Nothing has come close since its release two years ago.
>>
>>322295954
jesus christ I think this guy is serious

you don't know shit about game design fag, go play more tech demos
>>
>>322295954
Sam Houser please go
>>
File: gta online nigga deer.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
gta online nigga deer.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
>tfw want a new game from Rockstar so badly but simultaneously afraid of them turning it to shit like GTA Online
>>
>>322292657
>>322292246
a Rockstar dev already "confirmed" RDR2 on a leddit thread
>>
>>322295954
V is mediocre, with anti-trchnology bullshit all over driving and how cops work.

The game overrides your steering when cops do their PIT script, for fucks sake.

It's actually a step back from IV in physics
>>
>>322295954
I didn't say GTA5 was bad. I said it had poor pacing and story missions. That and the 3 protagonists shit fell flat.

VC and SA had way better stories and story missions. GTA5 fucking ends with them killing all the "villains" who got 5-10m of screentime like the very important Stretch who was the top dog of the very lengthy and well thought out gang portion of the gang, a FBI guy who you have no real reason to kill other than being used by him because all 3 protagonists commit crimes, Weston who kinda just screwed you over all game but didn't do anything huge, and the insane Triad leader/father who had that amazing grand total of 2 minutes of screentime in the game.

You are somehow expected to give a shit about Franklins hood crap but 45-60 minutes into the game you are robbing a damn jewelry store for over a million dollars. Its even worse with those shitty tow truck missions that don't go anywhere AT ALL, what insane character insight and story arcs of Tanya.

GTA5 might have the best visuals, gameplay and all that but all the things you actually do are mediocre or bad.
>>
>>322291407

Making joyless nihilistic gritty sandbox games or buying up IP to turn into joyless nihilistic games.
>>
File: 1413824801529.png (162 KB, 675x694) Image search: [Google]
1413824801529.png
162 KB, 675x694
>>322296538

>VC and SA had way better stories and story missions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dBVOVGzohk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWxODlXzMIM

Nostalgia is talking friend
>>
gta v doesn't have the best gameplay because it's a standard third-person cover shooter which has literally never made for a good game when something else (like stealth) isn't heavily emphasized

vice city has the best gameplay because it's all about speed and challenge
>>
>>322297064
gameplay doesn't matter in gta
>>
vice city and san andreas for GTAV
>>
>>322297145
it matters, people like you just don't care because you're happy with a toothless satire tech demo
>>
>>322297368

name one game where good gameplay actually improves the experience
>>
>>322291407
bankruptcy
>>
>>322297513
no
>>
>>322297592

so you admit that I'm right
>>
>>322297064
Although the shooting is relatively simple, the way your character moves like "an actual person" (has some weight, physics, etc.) IS the gameplay. I don't know how people don't understand this, its completely unique to V.
>>
>>322297695
rockstar has been simulating input lag to make turning around and walking through doors challenging since gta sa
>>
>>322297683

>no reply

looks like I won
>>
>>322291407
table tennis VR
>>
>>322291407
RDR2 thank fucking Christ.
>>
>>322296110
And let me guess, Undertale was the game of 2016-1?
>>
>>322298957
it was one of them yeah
>>
>>322299970
All opinions discarded.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.