[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Nintendo-Home-Console-Timeline.jpg (229 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Home-Console-Timeline.jpg
229 KB, 900x506
When will this meme of nintendo has a lot of money and can afford several failed consoles end?

If NX fail nintendo will be finished forever
>>
ok
>>
>posts a crying black wojak wearing a blue sony hat
(you)
>>
Damn the n64 was shit. I can't think of any good games besides smash,kart 64 and zelda games.
>>
>>322223895
>Mario 64
>Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
>Conker
>>
File: 1391735500074.jpg (91 KB, 894x605) Image search: [Google]
1391735500074.jpg
91 KB, 894x605
>>322223084
>Every console made makes money and doesn't lose money like Playstation and XBox
>Games made consistently are million sellers
>Amiibos flying off of shelves
>Shit ton of other merch is selling like hot cakes
>Nintendo isn't in first place so they must be finished
>>
>>322223895
Because the entire console was dedicated to the "exploration" platformers. Every other genre had 1 good game at best.
>>
>>322223895
Tbh the 5th gen was really bad since 3D was experimental. It was okay as a kid but everything aged like shit
6>4>7>5>3 who gives a fuck about 1 and 2
>>
>>322223084
Nintendo has made a profit with every console, even the Wii U. The Wii U became profitable around the time Smash came out.
>>
>>322223895
Kirby, Dk64, Goldeneye, mario party 2 and 3, Mischief makers. I can keep going all of the day
>>
>N-N-Nintendo is finished! They don't have money!
>S-S-Sony needs money to stay afloat guys! Let's help them out!
>>
>>322224371
Switch 5th and 4th and you're golden. 4th had too many Mario and Sonic rip offs. Sony vs. Sega vs. Nintendo was great imo because each system had totally different types of games that set them apart from their competitors.
Oh and insert 8th after, what I say, 4th. This gen sucks balls
>>
>>322223084
That's the circular logic that I've seen on here for ages.

>"Nintendo is rich as hell, so they can afford a couple generation's worth of failures. HAVE NO FEAR, THEY'VE GOT MONEY FOR YEARS!"
>"Ok, then why don't they make a console with more powerful hardware?"
>"Because they would go broke."
>"...ok."
>>
>>322225050
>Failures
If you are making money, it's not a failure. And who said they would go broke if they tried to have the best graphics?
>>
>>322224371
5th gen was alright, the PS1 had some pretty great titles that even someone as casual as me could enjoy if I weren't clinically depressed.
>>
>>322223084
They wouldn't be finished but they would have to definitely alter course likely away from consoles and either go for a multiplat approach or something not exclusively involved with videogames to survive in the longrun.
>>
File: 599.jpg (60 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
599.jpg
60 KB, 425x282
>>322225050
>let's make a powerful console with no 1st party support
>why isn't it printing money?
>fine, let's lower the price so we can lose even more money with each unit sold
>CHA-CHING Sony wins
>>
>>322225929
They dont sell ps4 at a loss, that's what the mid range specs are about
>>
>>322226379
They still do. It's less than it was with ps3 but they still do.
>>
>>322226569
You know you can use google right?
You don't have to go by memory on everything.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.