[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Splatoon has received its final content patch, how do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 36
Now that Splatoon has received its final content patch, how do you feel about this game?
Have you gone back and played it lately and noted the differences?
Does the lack of communication options still pose a significant issue to you?
Is the amount of content satisfying to you?

What would you like to see in a potential sequel?
>>
>>322221784
A better single player campaign would be nice. Finding some way to make something other than shooters and the occasional charger viable would be choice as well. Mostly just make brushes not suck dick please

Oh and if you're not going to have voice chat at least give me a chatwheel with more than two options. Maybe place some icons on the minimap. That sort of thing.

Splatoon's great for a first entry but it's still a first entry. Doubtless there's a lot to be gained by fine tuning.
>>
It's a good game, but has several bad design decisions. The most flagrants are how most weapons are completely useless and the fact that you can only play 2 different maps per mode each day.
Also the single player content is short as fuck.
>>
>Stopped playing in early september
>Come back
>All this new shit
I'm having fun.
>>
It is interesting to me that a site like IGN went back and gave the game a second review just because of how much the game has improved over time.
That's usually reserved for stuff like MMOs but this is a normal team-based shooter.

That has to mean something.
>>
>>322221784
>final content patch
Source, faggot
>>
>>322225153
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/630636/Nintendo-Splatoon-update-Legend-of-Zelda-Wii-U-Nintendo-NX-news
>>
>>322225307
>no actual source
lmao
>>
>>322225387
I just posted a big news publisher.
It's their credibility that goes up in flames if they're wrong, not mine.
>>
>>322225307
Literally nothing in that article proves it's the final update. No statement from Nintendo at all.
>>
>>322225483
>express
>big news publisher
LMAO
>>
>>322225520
>>322225540
Well I would be glad if they're wrong too.
Every map thats been added to this game has been great and more of them wouldn't hurt.
>>
Lack of communication on the Wii U makes almost every multiplayer game like 20x more boring than it needs to be.

Like I remember when I was little and we'd gather around the TV to play video games and not say a word to each other.

inb4 gather around the tv again

Nigger please.
>>
>>322225748
Yeah, my call of duty experience is completely enhanced by hearing a ten year old swear at me. Local coop games still exist, faggot
>>
>>322226031
Literally retarded.
>>
File: 1435264449004.png (816 KB, 890x720) Image search: [Google]
1435264449004.png
816 KB, 890x720
can you play the multiplayer offline vs bots?
>>
>>322225748
Who needs a built-in chat when Skype exists.
>>
>>322226698
AI is fucking garbage, so even if you could, you'd get bored halfway through your first match.
>>
>>322226104
Amazing rebuttal.
>>
>>322221784

>final content patch

there's literally a whole other stage to be released, what are you talking about?
>>
>>322222397
>only play 2 different maps per mode each day

That's wrong you dingus, maps rotate every few hours.
>>
>>322227463
Do you know what it is called? I've looked up stuff specifically regarding this and I haven't found anything.
>>
>>322224821
what it means is splatoon gets page views. They did the same thing for destiny for similar reasons

source: I'm friend with one of the writers and i had this discussion with them about it, its nothing but pageviews
>>
>>322228753
It's called Ancho-V Games, I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XVAS1FiXMw
>>
File: dfgadfgadfgafdgdfasgadfga.jpg (68 KB, 549x914) Image search: [Google]
dfgadfgadfgafdgdfasgadfga.jpg
68 KB, 549x914
>>322222007
brushes are FINE git gud nigga
>>
>>322226031
>it's either dead silence, or 10 year olds yelling at you
>there's no middle ground everything is black and white
>options don't exist
fuck off
>>
Did they give players tank tops accessories yet?
>>
File: 1451521621882.png (357 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
1451521621882.png
357 KB, 1024x1280
>people think they'll be hearing kids over the mic

no in this game, you'd be hearing japanese

and japanese kids

>>322229043
if you count the ika musume dress on boy
>>
>>322229106

So the game is based around a summerfun, squirt gun wars aesthetic, and the characters are still all wearing long sleeve shirts, tshirts, and fucking hoodies?

Fucking stupid.
>>
>>322225748
Literally why would you want mic support in Splatoon, where the matchmaking is international
>>
File: 1447037422740.png (516 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1447037422740.png
516 KB, 1000x1500
>>322229205
around japan

I dont think tank tops ever became too much of a thing there
>>
File: 1439246345934.png (5 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
1439246345934.png
5 KB, 320x120
>>322229336
it would not help them in their lack of skill either
>>
>>322229381

No. There's no excuse. Don't defend the stupidity please.
>>
Is the "matchmaking" still a massive joke on this game?

Mildly curious how far along Nintendo's online knowledge is progressing, if at all.

They are still stuck in the early 2000s of online multiplayer.
>>
>>322229471
there is, the game is not revolved around america you know

its more after the period where the japanese market crashed too
>>
>>322229545
get to ranked casual
>>
>>322229545
That seems to be Japan's mentality as a whole.

While many things you can now do online, Japan still chooses to go to a gas station for all their needs.
>>
Really fun when I played it and it used to play it every day. It was really fun and frustrating when playing with my friend on rank squad. Kinda wish it was on PC now since I built one.
>>
>>322229614

>implying I own this game or a wii u

I simply asked a question. I know that the matchmaking for this is an embarrassing, awful joke. Let's not act like it isn't okay?

Was just a question. Interested to know if Nintendo has put forth any effort whatsoever in changing their online for the better.

>>322229632

And yet jap infrastructure is probably the best and strongest on the planet that blows everything else out of the water.
>>
>>322229778
>>322229632
oh they just dont care about you westerners

lrn 2 carry scrub
>>
did they ever add sandals/flip-flops?
>>
>>322229632
Why would you ever go to the gas station for anything? They mark everything inside up so they can turn a profit since they get virtually no margin on gas they sell because of intense competition.
>>
>>322229778
Very true. They benefit from all their major cities being in centralized locations along with the general Asian belief of the whole > individual. Like certain China districts like Hong Kong, the infrastructure is modern and kept well maintained.

The US, with only exceptions to the rule, has their infrastructure stuck in the 90s, 80s, and even in the 70s in some places due to no public push to update infrastructure combined with continuing cuts country wide to transportation budgets. It's really quite sad how fast the US is being a third world nation. We'll be laughing at india for shitting in the streets while our buildings look like we shitted on them already.
>>
>>322229909
spotted footfag
>>
>>322229106
>ika musume
who?
>>
File: famitsu.jpg (100 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
famitsu.jpg
100 KB, 640x360
>>322229909
They have those traditional japanese sandals from the Famitsu outfit contest.
>>
>join match
>all japanese
>lose horribly
>see results screen and that two of my teammates DCed

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. The DCing is the worst part though. It happens way too frequently.
>>
>>322230035
Thats what happens when you take the "government is evil and cant do anything right!" meme too far. Basically the M.O. here is people beholden to private interests constantly agitate for defunding while spreading BS about how the government cant do anything right, eventually it comes true because defunding eventually ruins the programs it effects, fucked up programs taint programs not currently fucked up, which makes them more likely to be defunded successfully, this continues on and on, the end game being the private interests providing impetus for the whole line of bullshit swoop in and privatise the government program that should be run as a service, pump it for profit while letting services decay even more, and then everyone is surprised that privately run prisons (for example) are a huge fucking disaster.

Murica #1!
>>
>>322230009
They don't mark things up by THAT much. If you want a couple things and a gas station is right there, it's easier to just go there.

Gas stations and corner stores in Japan work differently though. They get plenty of neighborhood traffic and are more viable businesses. Their prices can actually rival bigger chains most of the time outside of obviously overpriced shit like clothing.

The biggest reason in Japan to go to gas stations rest in the fact that they're still considered corner stones in their neighborhoods, and you go there to get anything and pay for everything such as your phone, utility, and rent, along with many having banking services and various other services that you'd normally see being exclusively online, in a mall, or have it's own location in the states. It's a very early 90s mind set compared to the US, where we do practically everything online.
>>
>>322230327
glorious japan, I wish I lived there
>>
>>322230292
probably because you where suckin
>>
>>322230306
Essentially. This rush for privatization is incredibly toxic the more I see it played out. With unions diminished, companies had greater leeway in deciding what to pay their employees and what benefits to give. It turned out that companies will save as much money as possible and stagnate wages, cut sick days, cut vacation days, and demand overtime.

Private prisons tout saving tax payer dollars, but not only do they get subsidized and still get funded by tax payers, they make large amounts of money by having their prisoners work and create products for literal pennies, and oversight in conditions rapidly diminish over time.

Biggest scam being the god damn Obamacare, where you're forced by the government to get private health care, and if you're not able to afford the private health care, you get taxed by the government. Cause yeah okay.

So many damn laws and situations keep getting passed and accepted that, at best, only benefit a few, and at worst, hurt millions to benefit a few more. It's individualism turned up to 11 combined with a self delusion that the average American believes they're set to be in that few that benefit, when in reality they're multitudes of social classes below even being close to see any improvement in their life, and will only get squeezed out.

but hey how bout dem squid ladies
>>
Turf War is the only decent mode, everything else is garbage.
>>
>>322230880
dey cute, as always
>>
>>322228848
>V
they know their audience
>>
>>322225637
>Well I would be glad if they're wrong too.
considering nintendo itself published in their yearly report that they'll continue to bring content to games that are popular it's pretty much certain that some new things are coming.The game is so big in Japan right now they have no reason to stop those addition.
>>
>>322230009
>Why would you ever go to the gas station for anything?
because you only have the delay to walk there to get your shit, unlike amazon that routinely takes an extra week or two to deliver you your stuff.
also being there means you can actually avoid the bad looking products. Not everybody is a good goy that open the his mouth and wait for the greatest ally to unload the merchandize
>>
I played it a lot when it was released. The core gameplay is just too good. Came back to play some of the new maps, and check out new weapons, but haven't played in a while now.

The controls kind of bother me. The motion controls simply don't feel inuitive to me, but they're required to shoot more accurately. That's a problem. Especially if you want to check out different weapons that require more skill to use.

I'm not sure if more happened, but I remember at least one map getting changed for some reason. Don't really like that. It's fine to shake things up, but at least keep the vanilla map in there as well.

I don't like the way they handle map en game mode rotation either. That should just be a thing you select yourself. Why does Nintendo have to decide what maps I get to play? I remember them saying it's so you can pick your weapons accordingly. That wouldn't have been a problem if there was a create-a-class option, so you could have several classes to fit any situation. Would make the game a lot less frustrating as well. Can't do well with a certain loadout? Simply pick another. It's a feature shooters have had for years, but Nintendo is behind the times, as usual.

I do hope they make a sequel, and improve on the things I mentioned.
>>
>>322225307
There's still one more map that hasn't come out yet.
>>
>>322231596
>implying amazon is the only alternative
relax buddy, you dont need to whip that horse in every conversation
>>
>>322229205
> and the characters are still all wearing long sleeve shirts, tshirts, and fucking hoodies?

It's based around the actual fashion scene of Japans youth, almost like but to a lesser extent than The World Ends With You.
>>
>>322229545
Picked up the game around the holiday.

I have maybe 1 in 15 matches fail to make a connection, but that is usually quick and painless to restart the search.

Other than that, surprisingly I don't see many issues with the matchmaking, considering I see shitloads of international players on at all times. Maybe these younger Nintendo devs finally fucking found a way to make stable multiplayer.
>>
>>322221784
there's still another map and 2 weapons left before content is done for good, and balance patches/bugfixes will keep coming
>>
>>322230889
> Why does Nintendo have to decide what maps I get to play?

so you dont play D_dust all day and try out all the maps

and they wanted to do something different then class

they want the game to be set apart from other games with their load out selection

and to keep people from using OP load out combos
>>
>>322232564
>and to keep people from using OP load out combos

too bad 52 gal and e-liter still show up on every single map regardless
>>
>>322231785
The underpass level you mentioned was pretty poorly designed in its first iteration. It was nearly impossible to retake the middle ground from a competent team since all paths leading to it are choke points. A good e-liter could even watch all three choke points at the same time. I agree that they should leave the level as an option when creating a custom game, but the new version should be the standard for random match making since it is more balanced.
>>
>>322232663
they arent THAT op in my opinion

Eliters have problems with close range, learn how to bait kraken/burst bomb and they're wide open

.52 gal is a bit tricky but can be rekt with risky play of rushing in before the wall deploys and catching them off guard behind it
>>
>Moray Towers or Saltspray Rig in the rotation

NOOOOOOPE.
>>
File: 1391815453386.gif (847 KB, 154x116) Image search: [Google]
1391815453386.gif
847 KB, 154x116
>>322221784

>Unstable connection
>Unstable connection
>Unstable connection
It's a pretty good game. When you can play.
>>
File: splatoon.gif (487 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
splatoon.gif
487 KB, 500x277
>>322233102
Huh... I never really thought about it but there isn't a stage I /hate/.
What makes you not like those? If I were to think of one would be the Kelp Dome in ranked but that's it.
>>
>>322233102
there is a reason why they modified the towers to have ample cover and even more ways to get up to sniper roost

Saltspray needs a bit more adjustments, but the TC map is wonderful because there ARE many ways you can get up on the walls

>>322233146
stop living in a third world country
>>
File: 1439072568246.jpg (175 KB, 935x720) Image search: [Google]
1439072568246.jpg
175 KB, 935x720
>>322230194
>ika musume
>who
>>
File: bdav (64).jpg (194 KB, 941x1344) Image search: [Google]
bdav (64).jpg
194 KB, 941x1344
>>322233146
>on a hot streak in ranked, winning streak set
>4 points, 1 win away from ranking up to A-
>lose once, then three straight disconnects
>>
>>322233243

i don't live in a third world country. i keep getting kicked out of the game for no reason and i'm not the only one. just google it and you'll see.
>>
>>322233565
no you live in a third would country if you cant connect well to japan glorious internet

inb4 >Australia
>>
File: 1434069336532.png (6 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
1434069336532.png
6 KB, 320x120
>>322221784
I wish they would bump up the map pool to 3 per rotation, or even get rid of the rotation all together and do something like the Mario Kart track vote. Other then that Iv had a lot of fun with it, ranked keeps me on my toes constantly but turf wars is relaxed enough that I can just have fun with weapons Im not as good at using when I want a change. I think party chat should have been implimented for orginized teams, but I dont think having no voice chat hurts pub matches to much.
>>
>>322221784
I think they took the game down the wrong path over the course of the updates. There's too many cheap or lame strategies that work out far too often.

Also the E-Liter.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 700x700
I wouldn't mind some in-game paid DLC, like a new chapter for campaign with co-op where you play as Callie and Marie under their secret agent personas.

I want to see more of the world, I don't know if that's a thing many people want, but some more world building would make me fall in love with the game. I'm just on the edge of loving this game, but it needs more first, I think.

Expanded hub world too please. A day and night cycle and area that glows at night like pic related would be perfect.

a man can dream.
>>
>>322233701
map vote would have people constantly going for their most comfortable

3 rotation would be better

just use skype for squads nigga

>>322233741
you know some one is a shitter if they cant deal with an eliter

96. gal deco is FAR more dangerous and obnoxious
>>
>>322232827
nothing is THAT op in splatoon really, but it doesn't stop 52 gal from being head-and-shoulders above the rest. the fact that it's a strong pick on almost every single map doesn't help. good e-liters won't be baited so easily, and even if they are it takes them less than a second to reach enough charge to kill you.
>>
>>322231264
>Ancho-V Games
>Anchovy
>Video Games

It's probably an arcade looking stage or something, don't get ahead of yourself.
>>
>>322233225
The entirety of Moray Towers can be locked down 100% by a single sniper.
Good luck if you play in solo queue, and you have anything with less range than a scoped Liter.
>>
>>322233565
It is worth it to get the ethernet adapter for this game. It doesn't need to be the official Nintendo one, so they are pretty cheap. It solved my issues with disconnects. Rather than releasing a console without an ethernet adapter, they should have released it without Wifi. Everything would be better if people were forced to hard wire their console.
>>
>>322233835
they nerfed the Eliter to needing ATLEAST 70% from the original 50charge to have a kill shot even with ALL str ups

the anti 52 gal is aggression I think, but then agian, Im an inkbrush nouveau main
>>
what's wrong with the .52 gal?
>>
>>322233891
naw you just suck and cant figure out a way to keep turfin well
>>
>>322233834
The E-Liter just makes the game boring. I only play chargers, so I'm both on the giving and receiving end of it. It has far too much range for how open the map design in this game generally is. This goes without mentioning that both variants have safe close-range panic buttons.
>>
>>322233834
Mario Kart style voting changes the pool to 3 random tracks with some attempt to keep things fresh, and one hidden one. I think Splatoon has enough maps it could work, or at least something similar
>>
>>322234057
Nothing. It's great up close, but has enough wrong with it that it's not a major threat.
>>
File: Splatoon-Map-AnchoVGames.jpg (314 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon-Map-AnchoVGames.jpg
314 KB, 600x338
>>322233859
>In Ancho-V Games, Inklings will be swimming over the painted ramps and halfpipes of an indoor skate park. This map also features ink-powered elevator platforms and billboards decorated with Miiverse posts.
>>
Fix the goddamn matchmaking lobby. You can't change loadout, map selection system is retarded, and you can't even backout of the fucking lobby. Fucking atrocious.
>>
>Nintendo has an opportunity to make a new mature IP that would push the medium forward and make them more relevant in this age of interactive cinematic experiences
>Instead they release a childish shooter where kids throw paint at each other.
>>
What weapons do you guyses use?
>>
>>322234176
name literally any flaw with the 52 gal that stops it from being the best shooter by far

no, "it doesn't have 96 range" and "it doesn't have a panic button special" are not flaws
>>
>>322234267
When were the X-games last relevant anyway?
>>
>>322233981

thanks for the advice. i'll try
>>
>>322234357
nothing beats the exhilarating speed of inkbrushes
>>
>>322234372
>wide spread
>gets fucked over hard by defense up
>second least range in the game
>slow walk speed
>bad kits
>>
>>322234357
I still use the orange and white Zapper regularly.
>>
>>322234357
main shooters

over the past month or so, I've been using .52 gal, .96 gal (deco in ranked), tentatek splatter shot, splash-o-matic. .52 gal is probably my preferred weapon overall. Started dabbling with the Aerospray RG again after a long time of not using it.

Occasionally dabble in other weapons like sloshers and blasters when I get bored
>>
>>322234357
>>
File: 1410492523333.png (20 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1410492523333.png
20 KB, 1000x1000
>mfw eliter main
>>
>Still no Nintendo themed costumes.
>>
>>322234303
>get stuck in a fucking queue waiting for people to finish a game
>can't even back out of it
>>
File: splat.png (328 KB, 846x638) Image search: [Google]
splat.png
328 KB, 846x638
>>
>>322234357
Kek splatterscope.
>>
>>322221784
>last content patch

its not tho...
>>
>>322235103
>no costume unlocks from non-Splatoon amiibos
What a waste
>>
>>322235103
>>322235306
I like that we can have a single first party Nintendo game with no Mario or Zelda hat.
>>
File: my-nigga.jpg (42 KB, 552x464) Image search: [Google]
my-nigga.jpg
42 KB, 552x464
>>322234802
>dual squelcher
>>
>>322235586
This, they don't need to shove their big IP's into this game, it's standing on its own legs just fine.
>>
>>322235586
this

makes me sad because nintendo will probably force that shit into spla2n somehow now that it's clearly a "franchise" of theirs.
>>
File: Untitled.png (841 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
841 KB, 1280x720
>>322235608
I don't use it a lot anymore. Kelp and Custom Jet are my jam.
>>
>>322221784
A bigger single player would be nice.
>>
File: 1450496171059.png (640 KB, 1280x1056) Image search: [Google]
1450496171059.png
640 KB, 1280x1056
Beards
>>
>>322234357
Zink Mini, Hydra, and Octobrush

still waiting on the Octobrush Nouveau
>>
>>322221784
A bigger single player would be nice.
And more maps for each rotation.
And regional matchmaking.
>>
The map rotation section clearly has room for 3 maps, and in the beginning it made sense to only do 2 but now we're still stuck with 2. Throwing in a third map might even fix the fact that I en up doing the same map 6 times in a row.

Other than that I'm loving how the game turned out, people still suck absolute dick at objective but I've been having fun
>>
>>322236515
it's already out tho
>>
File: 1451539470415.jpg (84 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
1451539470415.jpg
84 KB, 500x552
>>322221784
Didn't buy it yet
>>
>>322236827
oh shit really?

I must hop on sometime soon
>>
File: weps.png (139 KB, 418x823) Image search: [Google]
weps.png
139 KB, 418x823
>>322234357
>>
>>322221784
They need to include options for regional and global matchmaking. Teleporting enemies is fucking stupid.
>>
>>322239072
stop living in a third world country
>>
>>322239072
it's worst of all during splatfest. at least japan is a first-world country where everyone has first-world internet, you can't say that about the US or yurop.
>>
>>322234405
that one Goofy Movie.
>>
>>322239124
I wonder why we include mexico and australia in NA region
>>
>>322233859
The stage is a game dev studio.
>>
>>322239312
That's the problem. They generally have the worst connections.
>>
File: Inkling.(Splatoon).full.1885696.jpg (492 KB, 858x1203) Image search: [Google]
Inkling.(Splatoon).full.1885696.jpg
492 KB, 858x1203
People actually play this? I though people were just in it for the fanart.
>>
>>322234357
.52 Gal Deco, Splatling (or Deco), Slosher (or Deco), N-Zap '89 on occasion, and I wanna start using the Octoshot when I get to level 40.
>>
>>322239312
Mexico is NA
>>
>>322239936
I'm a fan of the Slosher and the Rolle,r, but the .52 is just so good. I wish I was better with the Blaster weapons but I can't seem to figure their ranges out on the fly.
>>
>uero splatfest on friday
wow I didn't even notice Jesus chrsit I could actually have missed that shit since I was going to play on sunday like usual.
>>
>>322239312

Because nintendo won't pay for an australian datacentre. And you're much closer than europe (a third to a quarter of the ping)
>>
>>322225748

>voice chat in Splatoon
>being yelled at in moonspeak constantly
>five year olds crying and screaming whenever they die
>/v/irgins who AFK in base and spend the entire match ERPing as squidlolis, while you hear them fapping and moaning

No thanks.
>>
File: clt_tes025.png (9 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
clt_tes025.png
9 KB, 128x128
>>322235586
Too bad this isn't one of them.
>>
>>322234357
Still the original splatling. It's amazing with ink saver and mobility
>>
File: 1435862854541.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1435862854541.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>tfw can't play because since a few weeks ago I suddenly can't play a game without it disconnecting when I had no problems before

I can play Smash and MK8 with no problems. What is happening?
>>
>>322240374
It's subtle enough, isn't tied to physical DLC, and is more of a cross-promotion with a pre-existing retailer.
>>
File: 05221746_555eecec6324c[1].jpg (92 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
05221746_555eecec6324c[1].jpg
92 KB, 480x480
>>322240374
fine if it's irl, pretty sure they're talking about in-universe crossovers
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 337x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 337x351
>person on my team doing horribly
>check their rank afterwards
>b rank
Every time
>>
File: 1360378518643.jpg (171 KB, 620x937) Image search: [Google]
1360378518643.jpg
171 KB, 620x937
>Final content patch
>already asking what you want to see in a sequel

The game hasn't even been out for 10 months and it's already getting abandoned in favor of something else?

I wonder where all the shills went saying this game would last forever.
>>
I really liked the campaign in this game. Almost more than multiplayer. I wish they had made it about five times as long.
>>
>>322241304
I just wanted a nice thread to check every once in awhile while I'm at the slowest shittiest work day I could possibly be working.
>>
>>322234357
I use damn near everything that isn't a roller, blaster or charger because of personal shit. I also refuse to touch Aerosprays.

As of late, I'm in love with Mini Splatlings, the Forge Splattershot Pro and the Splash-o-matics.
>>
>>322241685
>slow threads on /v/

Not gonna happen.
You're better off posting at a different time of day.
>>
>>322229205
Fucking Autist

We don't want realism we want fun.
Fashion and inking is fun so deal with it faggot
>>
>Final patch
>Octoling patch isn't out yet
Retard
>>
You guys said there will be octolings
Where are they
>>
I used to play Splatoon regularly. 4-5 times a week usually. But as time went on, my issues with the game either stayed or got worse.

>Godawful map rotation system with only two at a time
>Mode rotation system limits game modes too
>90% of every match is Japs
>50% of Jap players are gibbering retards who can't into objective based modes
>The other 50% are insane proskill autists

I can't enjoy Ranked because half the time I'm losing because my team are retarded and I can't enjoy turf war because there's only two fucking maps at a given time.
>>
File: 1444964694761.png (2 MB, 1082x1920) Image search: [Google]
1444964694761.png
2 MB, 1082x1920
>>322242130
>>322242186
>they fell for the playable octolings meme
>>
>>322240294
>>322226031
How hard would it be for Nintendo to put in the option to either turn off voice chat completley or mute individual people.

I'm tired of the excuses people come up with for why Nintendo games are so fucking archaic and backwards.
>>
>>322242267
>mom I'm C+ it's the chinks fault!
it shows, kid, it shows.
>>
>>322242291
>He thinks they won't be
>He thinks they'd make them completely working in game for no reason

I'm thinking that patch will be the final one, maybe the one and only paid DLC
>>
>>322242453
Ina game with no regional matchmaking, voice chat is a waste of time to develop
>>
>>322242453
The problem is asking for stupid features to begin with.
>b.b.but you just don't use it if you dno't like it
no, we just don't program retarded ideas from autist who think the game should be another TF2 clone.
>>
>>322242465
I'm A+ you fucking retard. The fact is, westerners have been playing shooters often and seriously for more than a decade. Japs haven't. They aren't experience at the genre yet, and that means many of them are making ridiculously basic mistakes. The number of A/S Rank players with Japanese names I've seen engage in hopeless lemming behavior is AMAZING.
>>
>>322242453
How come no one bitched about Battlefront lacking voice chat?
>>
>>322242687
you aren't. All your complaints proves it. you don't even have a wiiU.
>>
File: 1307119897658.jpg (30 KB, 536x606) Image search: [Google]
1307119897658.jpg
30 KB, 536x606
>>322242750
>>
>>322242721
it wasn't a best-selling nintendo game
>>
>>322240538
pls help I want to play again
>>
>>322242453
Why do you need an ingame chat feature when Skype exists? Are you that desperate to listen to Japanese people and screaming children?
>>
I had a lot more fun with the game before ranked mode came out.

>hey guys we got a brand new shooter with a unique ground cover wins gametype
>all the ranked modes are generic shooter gametypes like cap points, flag push, payload

the one unique gamemode the entire fucking game was built around is stuck in retard hell.

I'd LOVE to play turf war with decent high ranking players but noo, I can only play it with Japanese children.
>>
>>322242917
People bitched about it when we thought it was going to flop hard.
>>
>>322242968
it matches you based on player skill now. I get lobbies full of S and S+ japs all the time in turf war.
>>
>>322231785
Considering Splatoon was a rousing success, there's little doubt in my mind that we can expect a Spla2n on NX eventually with selectable maps and loadouts
>>
>>322243116

Good to know, maybe i'll jump back into it then because that was my biggest gripe
>>
>>322243210
>selectable loadouts
It's bad enough that some of the presets are already broken as fuck.
>>
>>322243453
scrub detected
>>
>>322243210
I wouldn't mind map rotation and think it's actually a good idea. Just fuckin lower the time already or increase the map count.
>>
>tfw S level player but hate being S because it takes so much effort to be good
>>
File: 1427640030088.png (54 KB, 513x480) Image search: [Google]
1427640030088.png
54 KB, 513x480
>>322243210
>Spla2n
>>
File: literal meme game.png (167 KB, 1896x1117) Image search: [Google]
literal meme game.png
167 KB, 1896x1117
>>
>>322243762
The entire game is balanced around not being able to choose your loadouts.
>>
Can you imagine how much funner matches would be if everything was truly random? Less blasters during a tc match, twin towers would still be shit but it wouldn't be 6+ eliters, snipers would likely improve since they'd have to git gud instead of relying on the map to do the work for them, etc
>>
File: 1433894436418.png (275 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1433894436418.png
275 KB, 1000x667
>>322221784
I think it really shows how well Nintendo's cultivated its burgeoning talent.

And the fact that they were savvy enough to tackle every issue with online shooters head-on?

>players tend to always gravitate towards certain maps and certain game modes
>implement cycled game modes and limited map rotations

>for any multiplayer game that isn't a major heavyweight like COD, TF2, Counter-Strike, etc., multiplayer tends to die extremely quickly
>implement staggered and steady content releases as well as Splatfests

To say nothing of the gameplay itself. It's really got one of the greatest gameplay cycles ever. The player doesn't have to be constantly engaging the enemy team to be contributing or preparing yourself for combat. You're laying down ink on floors which in many game modes is how you even secure victory, which also puts safe spots for your team to move quicker, or you can place ink on walls for vantage points.

And doing this all gets your more towards your special weapon which can turn the tide in a pinch.

This is to say nothing of its sleek visual style and soundtrack. I think it might genuinely be one of the finest shooters/games in general ever crafted in the 21st century.

Honestly, all I could ask out of a sequel is to reposition the camera for better aiming and judging angles of fire.
>>
>>322228147
4 hours and it's way too long. either add more maps to the rotation, or halve the time. Better yet, just pull a Mario Kart 8 and let everyone vote on the map
>>
Chargers really shouldn't exist in a game like this. Snipers are cancer in FPS in general but range is such a ridiculous advantage in Splatoon
>>
>>322231785
The 2 maps that I now went through tons of changes is Underpass and and Mall. Used to grates all the way to the other spawn so a good team can just rush the grates walkway and spawn camp, and the Underpass has more unpaintable surfaces on the sides and more cover in general. Relatively good changes in terms of keeping the game fun for newcomers that still need to learn metas and maps.
>>
>>322245412
Regular chargers and Squiffers are fine.
The E-Liter and scopes are cancer.
>>
>>322234357
I use the orange zapper and OG inkbrush. Sometimes I mix it up and use a mini splatling.

Everyone whines about eliters and 52s but I always get killed by rollers. I find it dumb that their fling kills in 1 hit, while even the heavy hitting guns that aren't chargers need at least 2. Considering that things like the Dynamo have insane range, it's frustrating when you're using a ink or octo brush.
>>
>>322246253
If rollers didn't one hit there would be no reason to use them, especially since rollers only out range the shittiest weapon in the game sploosh.
>>
>>322246501
They one hit when they roll over you, and that's fine. I just hate getting hit by a droplet and dying, and seeing I got killed by a roller in the sniper nest spam flicking. Getting hit by a full wave and dying is fine, and getting hit by the roll is fine, but dying from a drop when I unloaded 3 shots in the guy is COD panic knife- tier level of shit.
>>
>>322221784
They said content would be guaranteed until August before the August update was released, and people were saying the exact same thing. How they thought the game would be dropped after that. But Nintendo never said that it would be dropped, they never said that they would start charging for the DLC. Just that it's guaranteed that we'll keep getting content until August, and now until January.

So I'm guessing we'll get the 3.0 update later this month and then we'll continue to get content until the 4.0 update. There's no reason for them to drop a game this popular so quickly. Financially that would be a really bad move and would affect people's thoughts on buying a sequel if they were to ever make one.
>>
>>322230009
beer and cigs
>>
>>322239312
I thought Australia was EU.
>>
>>322244812
>And the fact that they were savvy enough to tackle every issue with online shooters head-on?
Those aren't issues and they tackled them by kneecapping their game. It sold and reviewed worse than it deserved because it was content bare on release. The map rotation bullshit has murdered any longevity the game could have had.

They could have approached these concerns they had in much better ways.
>>
>>322242951
It's funny, 99% of the time the Japanese would just be saying "naisu!" or "aaa nani kore" and that's about it. I'm glad I don't have to listen to actual children screaming though.
>>
>>322246970
That shouldn't happen and is likely an effect of lag. The game displays lag in weird ways to try and hide it. Take a roller into the test area or even try it out against other people to test it out. You actually do need a direct blast to get a one hit kill. However, I do agree that this is a big problem. Someone with slight lag and a dynamo roller has almost no opening to counter attack.
>>
>>322233474
oh, you mean squid girl, fucking weeaboos I swear
>>
>>322234357
still use the golden gun like a pleb even though I don't see them nearly as much anymore
>>
>>322234372
slow at spreading ink. Not everyone who plays are rank try hards
>>
I bought the game to play on my brothers wii u since he left it with me but now i need a wii u of my own. Ive never wanted to buy a console for one game before, but i guess its different since ive already played it and know i like it. The ika musume outfit came to the west right?
>>
>>322249034
Yes.
>>
File: 1435354267071.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435354267071.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>322247987
>the golden gun
>>
I am entitled to my own opinion, so that means you pieces of shit fanboys can stop circle jerking about this shitty, terrible and pedo marketed game. First, the game's concept is boring. I can't even describe how painfully boring this game gets after half an hour, Star Wars Battlefront 2015 was better than this dogshit with photorealistic graphics, amazing sound department and an actual compeling gameplay. Second, why the game has so little content and a not worth bothering with campain? Literally Star Wars Battlefront 2015 has more diversative than Splatoon on modes and weapons, Splatoon's maps are boring to play on or frustrating to play where maps don't change in hours.
>>
>>322250504
That's cool. Why don't you start a Battlefront thread since it seems like you'd rather talk about that than Splatoon?
>>
>>322251041
Both, you casual
>>
>>322251421
Both what?
>>
Did they nerfed Jr. damage even more?
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.