[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ Just finished this and I gotta say, it was actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: lenativeamerican.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
lenativeamerican.png
2 MB, 1422x800
Hey /v/

Just finished this and I gotta say, it was actually surprisingly good. I got it for pretty cheap too (like $20 AU). Honestly one of the first games I've finished and been satisfied with the gameplay, story and ending all at once in a very long time.

I mean it wasn't super special or GOTY tier but it was a good game. There's a few things I'd change but it was still fun.

I thought all the characters were done well. It was pretty decent to put in a native american character but not be all up in your face about it. I didn't even notice really and it actually added to his character for once. Reggie was a total bro, was really sad to see him die. Kinda wish Eugene was expanded on a little more cause he was cool as fuck and his powers were fucking baller.

Also did Hero playthrough for reference. Not sure if I wanna do a villain playthrough though. Has anyone played both and know if there's a huge difference?

What about you guys? Have you played it? What'd you think? Which side did you play?
>>
File: BxbHoLcIMAAUgsU.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BxbHoLcIMAAUgsU.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
It's a solid entry to a consistently good series.

Some were let down because 1 was a solid game and 2 was a step up in pretty much all regards, while SS took one or two steps back, especially in amount of content and variety of locations. But SS is still a solid game in its own right.

I actually preferred the faster and more vertical gameplay and if they could take that and make the next game bigger and have more unique locations like Infamous 2s Flood Town then it'd be fucking amazing.

Villain playthrough is the same story but Delsin reacts to events differently. Essentially Hero is him seeing how conduits are treated and wanting to let them live normal lives, while Villain Delsin is him letting all the anti-conduit propaganda get to him and resenting the general populace because of it. The core story stays the same with some small changes, but Delsins motivations change pretty significantly.

Also, play First Light. Shit's pretty cool.
>>
>>322217281
It's one of the most fun X-Men games I've ever played OP.
>>
This going to be the first game I buy when I get a PS4. The second one is my favorite game of all time.
>>
My only real criticism of the game is that it's too short. You're like 11% done with the game when you first get to Seattle and that's pretty bad. The game itself was good, there just needed to be more of it.
>>
File: raven.jpg (49 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
raven.jpg
49 KB, 960x544
>>322217281
What do you think they are working on now?
Shuhei said he played their new game already.
>>
>>322219314
and they didnt give any announcement?
>>
>>322219153
As was mentioned earlier, it's good, but literally pales in comparison to 2. Like seriously, plot, gameplay, everything.
>>
>>322217281
>satisfied with the gameplay
It might be because it was my first infamous but everything in the gameplay was shitty
piss poor platforming and collisions, boring powers, getting locked on rails if you jumped or falled on something a big higher than the ground, pants on head retarded AI.
Riding the train was fun though
>>
>>322221886
Play the first game anon. Controls are a tad rough, but you will face the most ELITE legion of hobos of all time.
>>
>>322222050
Don't own a ps3 and don't plan to ever get one.
only bought the ps4 for weeb stuff
>>
the powers are all shit and dont feel different that mine major gripe with the game out side of delsin just not being cole
>>
>>322222050
Infamous 1 is actually fairly goddamn difficult. Who'd have thought drug dealers and hobos would be so dangerous to a guy with lightning powers?

Infamous 2 and Second Son gives you a lot more durability before you die.
>>
>>322222325
Yup. The enemies of the first were truly impressive. I can't say I hated being less squishy in 2 tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 560x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 560x458
>Fuck up 2's story by creating an unnecessarily connected sequel
>Lol Hero is canon even though the INFAMOUS ending is better and titular
>The game literally buttfucks Cole's legacy

Sucker Punch got lucky with 2. They are complete morons, and Sony's
bitch. I love Seattle, and I hate the stereotypes associated with the people who live here. I prayed to whatever god you believe in that DELSIN and his buddies would not be a hodgepodge of those stereotypes...

I was dissappointed within the first 10 minutes. Neon Running was cool tho.
>>
>>322219314
I wouldn't be surprised if it's another inFamous.

https://www.vg247.com/2014/03/24/infamous-second-son-sequels-could-take-assassins-creed-approach-with-different-eras-places-says-fox/

This does sound interesting. I loved inFamous 1 and 2, and if I buy a PS4 in the future I'll get SS too. I wouldn't mind having 2 inFamous games to buy then.
>>
>>322222657
>Cole's Ninja Ancestor
>Wild West Ancestor
>Caveman Ancestor
>Knight Ancestor
This will be Thieves in Time but with Cole.
>>
>>322222484
You also had much less mobility in the beginning of the game compared to 2 and 3, which limited you in evading attacks. You didn't even get the glide move until a little into the second district in Infamous 1, whereas 2 just gave you it and 3 gave you something similar about 15 minutes into the game.
>>
>>322221693
I know, I just love the series. FOB is the only dlc I've ever bought..
>>
>>322217281
Reggie was the only character I liked. His death was so fucking obvious I couldn't really bring myself to care, and would have been much more interested and suprised if they DIDN'T kill him off

Villains were lame, protagonist was cool about 15 years ago and the general plot was a mess.
>>
>>322222496
>even though the INFAMOUS ending is better
>wiping out humanity because you don't want to die
>better

And you were infamous because all the bad shit was blamed on you. Hell, The Beast tracking you down and murdering the East Coast is technically your fault.
>>
>>322217281
Villain is nigh identical with an ending that is so stupid that it's laughable.
>>
>>322217281
Do you need to play SS to enjoy First Light? It's only 5 quid off the store right now so tempted to pick it up.

Haven't played an Infamous game since 1, which I remember enjoying quite a lot.
>>
File: 18383259.jpg (13 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
18383259.jpg
13 KB, 384x288
>>322222325
Holy shit, I remember even the regular mooks from the first faction had pinpoint accuracy
>that one condiut who is literally "teleports behind you" the enemy
>>
>>322222932
I may play through that again today now that you mention it.
>>
>>322217281
It's pretty good, the only downside to it is that is pretty short
>>
>>322223106
Not really. It's a prequel to SS, but wholly contained as it's own story.
>>
>>322223095
You get to bang Fetch tho so it's all worth it
>>
I liked it too, OP.

>Reggie dies
>do a karma bomb on that bitch
>Delsin looks angry at the peak of his jump instead wearing his usual grin

impressed
>>
>>322217281
It was the first thing I played when I bought my PS4 and I loved every part of it. In fact, I loved it so much I got 100% completion in about two weeks, which is a considerable feat for me because I'm not very fond of consoles, I have a job, and at that time, most of my free time (which was aIready very little) went to raiding in WoW.

The only downside is that it's too fucking short.
>>
I thought the cutscenes/dialogue were a cringefest.

Gameplay was simple and entertaining though. Not anything special at all.
>>
Recently, I managed to snag I:SS and I:FL for $8, and holy fuck I can't remember last time I had so much fun. The only problem is that the games are extremely short.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.