[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What genre would the perfect Gundam video game be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: rx-78-2-gundam-sad.jpg (241 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rx-78-2-gundam-sad.jpg
241 KB, 1024x768
What genre would the perfect Gundam video game be?
>>
>>322213415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXHKVgWHpRo
>>
visual novel dating sim, and you're dating the gundams, not the pilots
>>
>>322213615
>PS3
fucking why?

the game is still loading after typing this post. jfc
>>
>>322213415
Action RPG with focus on Mobile Suit battle fields in well designed interesting locations. Smaller segments outside the Mobile Suits to explore character development, plot, etc...
>>
Fighting
>>
File: gundam.jpg (56 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
56 KB, 600x400
I'm thinking Red Orchestra style gameplay with both Ground and Space combat. It should feature infantry, vehicles, space ships and mecha.

It should take place during the one year war.
>>
>>322213415
Star Wars Battlefront 2 with a Gundam Mod.
>>
A slower version of bayonetta
>>
>All these people wanting Devil May Cry CUHRAYZEE combat
you fuckers won't even admire the mobile suits with the shitty bright lights every attack makes.

Fucking idiots!
>>
File: 53944636_p0.jpg (490 KB, 609x860) Image search: [Google]
53944636_p0.jpg
490 KB, 609x860
>>322213628
Setsuna pls go and stay go. You too Grahm, I see you.

>>322214026
>oyw
Can ye use a different setting, or at least Zeta?

>>322214441
People still whack it to Bayonetta. You can rub one out to F91 in an intense action game.
>>
I want a Musou
>>
File: RX-78-0.gif (97 KB, 398x303) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-0.gif
97 KB, 398x303
EXVS2 for pc
>>
File: 54283028_p0.jpg (239 KB, 701x800) Image search: [Google]
54283028_p0.jpg
239 KB, 701x800
>>322216512
Bro we have 4 of them.

Shin/Reborn is the best gameplay wise
I liked 3's story
>>
3rd person shooter, mobile suit gundam online is actually a pretty solid game the only problem is vpn's and shit as well as melee being very lag dependent

>>322216352
the problem is once you get beams suits are meant to start getting 1-hit.
>>
File: 50164099_p0.jpg (249 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
50164099_p0.jpg
249 KB, 675x900
>>322216871
Maybe low-tier grunts.

Speaking of that. Why don't they put Leos in? Is there a GPU out there that can render that many explosions at once?
>>
Best genre for gundam is dynasty warriors. Even if it's just the RX78 the entire plot is it's armor is too powerful and he can fight off everything that comes at the white base. They just advance the timeline and add strong machines to try and keep it interesting. Or the characters are taken out of the fight for so long that they lose their tech and have to use a inferior mobile suit. New types can survive in worse suits but not take out other ace pilots in better equipment. Slaughter hordes on your way to going for an objective till you hit an ace pretty much fits the series to a T.
>>
File: Front_Mission_5.jpg (46 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
Front_Mission_5.jpg
46 KB, 352x500
For a few months now I've been dreaming of Gundam X Front Mission.
It's such a perfect fit (for UC) I wonder why it hasn't been done already.
Just make it some unrelated-universe shit like MS Saga. But without the SD.

how to balance beam weaponry
>absurdly high damage for their weight
>damage decreases by X% each consecutive use; if damage is <100%, damage is increased by Y% each turn, up until 100%
>>basically if you spam shots you'll find yourself doing shit damage
>low shot count, so they run into the same issue as snipers where a miss (either entirely or if it just hits another limb) is very punishing
>>
>>322214026

I want Shattered Horizon/Red Orchestra/Battlefield, but with Mobile Suits, cockpit view and starting in the suits, with on foot combat being your last chance at survival if your mobile suit is ruined and you don't want to lower your score by dying. Maybe have drop off zones for spare suits.
>>
>>322218036
please don't do this to me anon front mission 4 was one of my favorite games of all time, just accept the series is dead, evolved was such shit we should just be glad we'll never see another front mission again.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.