[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can we please have a thread about what Japan Studios next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: japanstudiogames.png (225 KB, 842x640) Image search: [Google]
japanstudiogames.png
225 KB, 842x640
So can we please have a thread about what Japan Studios next game might be? The producer of Bloodborne (Teruyuki Toriyama) at Japan Studio said he wants to release and ambitious game on PS4 in 2016.

We know Miyazaki is contracted for 2 more games on PS4, but it is too soon for his next game to debut - and the same user who leaked Bloodborne years before it's reveal, also said that the next game of his is not a Bloodborne sequel.

It can't be Kojima's game because it is far too soon for them to release something next year and Kojima would likely be producing as well as directing.

It also can't be The Last Guardian because that is Ueda's game and is being developed by genDesign.

It also can't be Gravity Rush 2 because that is Toyamas game and it is being developed by Project Siren (now Team Gravity)

So whom is it? About 2 years the same user who leaked Bloodborne talked about SCEJA creating a AAA JRPG with a new director in the vein of a Final Fantasy title, so it's possible that next E3 we will see a brand new IP from Japan Studio, however who coud be the Director, lately Shu has been talking about the importance of directors and I believe he may have picked up someone like Matsuno or Ito to direct this title. What do you guys think?
>>
>>322212873
I would put money on Ito because he is literally the most competent and relevant person still in the industry that isn't skeletal that could actually push the JRPG genre forward and make a groundbreaking game.
>>
>>322212873
>bloodborne
>gutted soul game with hats
>still cluttered with bugs and bad collisions
>ambitious
is this chingchong serious?
>>
>>322213078
Nobody forced you into the thread, faggot.
>>
>>322212873
It will be TPP action adventure.
Very likely with open world and some RPG elements.
>>
>>322213162
Just ignore genuine retards like him
>>322213232
What is a TPP action adventure?
Remember this is coming from Japan Studio
>>
>>322213301
>What is a TPP action adventure?
Third person perspective action adventure(likely) with open world and RPG elements.

Do you understand it now or I have to define each of those for you?
>>
>>322212873
APE
ESCAPE
FOUR
>>
>>322213401
Yes thanks I get it now - take it easy dude I was just curious as to whether or not you were referencing The Phantom Pain friendarino
>>
>>322213401
"Third person perspective" is redundant as shit, nobody would assume you were retarded enough to say something so stupid, don't blame him.

Third person is a perspective already in the context, same with first or second person, you don't call FPS "FPPS" for a reason.
>>
>>322213458
Nah Ape Escape wouldn't have the producer of Bloodborne on it, it would have someone more suitable. Like that Platinum producer who joined a few years ago.
>>
File: wildarmsps4.jpg (14 KB, 382x681) Image search: [Google]
wildarmsps4.jpg
14 KB, 382x681
Please no bullying I just want to hypothetical about Japan Studio - could it be a new Wild ARMS?
I love the series so much
>>
Isn't Level 5 supposed to release a game for the Deux that isn't Ni No Kuni?
>>
Apparently a few months ago he tweeted about playing Zelda games "for reference" and then deleted the tweets a few hours later
>>
>>322213815
Yes, however the same dude who I mentioned in the OP said frankly that it's got a large scope and is taking longer than originally anticipated. Ni No Kuni 2 is being made by a team other than the one working on "that" game, which is being done by the Rogue Galaxy/White Knight Chronicles team. But you already knew that.
>>
>>322213931
Seriously? How did I miss that? Is there any source?
>>
>>322213786
Yoshida said that they're unlikely to do any large JRPG projects in the near future not too long ago.

While I wouldn't take that statement as absolute, since anything can change and the statement itself is pretty vague and broad anyway, it's worth noting that he said.
>>
>>322212873
>the same user who leaked Bloodborne talked about SCEJA creating a AAA JRPG
Bloodborne was leaked here and the guy who leaked it didn't say this.
>>
>>322214113
I do recall that however and the same guy who leaked all the PlayStation stuff said don't expect Yoshida to tell some nobody on Dualshockers their plans for any games.
>>322214216
>Bloodborne was leaked here and the guy who leaked it didn't say this.
Bloodborne was leaked years before a video appeared here.
>>
>>322214280
>Bloodborne was leaked years before a video appeared here
No it wasn't.
>>
>>322213931
He as in who exactly?
>>
File: verenduslast.jpg (257 KB, 1335x651) Image search: [Google]
verenduslast.jpg
257 KB, 1335x651
>>322214113
>>
>>322212873
PS All-Stars 2
>>
>>322213401
Wow. What was going through your head to make you type that second line? Do you have autism?
>>
>>322213078
> gutted souls game
Arguably true. But being a faster paced, different toned, streamlined Souls game is ok because it isn't actually a Souls game. If DaS3 released with Bloodbornes content it would be bad because it would be removing vital parts of the series. BB is a new ip with similarities, not a sequel so not having certain stuff didn't bother me.

> Still littered with bugs and bad collisions.
Objectively false. Bloodborne has the best hitboxes of a FromSoft game yet, and compared to every other AAA release this year, pretty bug free and the few that were there got patched very early.
>>
File: demonsouls2famousmort.jpg (77 KB, 1339x549) Image search: [Google]
demonsouls2famousmort.jpg
77 KB, 1339x549
>>322214339
You simply didn't know
>>
>>322214712
This is a rumor and not a leak. The first Bloodborne leak was here.
>>
>>322214712

Why is everyone always banned from neoshit

Always see users with thousands of post banned in daily and older threads
>>
>>322214890
Shitposting is against the rules on neogaf. It might be a little hard for you to fit in there :)
>>
File: 1439100017841.png (10 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
1439100017841.png
10 KB, 180x200
>>322212873
If it was a game worth caring about it would've been announced by now, I assure you.
>>
>>322215010
Might be the worst post I've read all year.
>>
>>322214890
Neofag mods are like 4chan mods. Except neofag mods are much worse, much more abusive, but actually present half the time.

Don't conform to the groupthink? BAN
Disagree with a mod? BAN
Support GG? BAN BAN BAN BAN
Talk about a game the admins have deemed off-limits, even tagentially? BAN
Say something outside of Neofag that a mod finds during regular 'spot checks' of shit related to you on Google and doesn't like? BAN
Are you a junior user? RANDOM BAN FOR NO REASON
>>
>>322215058
You're expecting a big AAA game to be released after a few months from its announcement?
>>
>>322215258
fallout 4
>>
>>322215258
Didn't realise a year was a few months long.
>>
>>322215186
>Say something outside of Neofag that a mod finds during regular 'spot checks' of shit related to you on Google and doesn't like? BAN

That super salty desu
>>
The guy who runs the Bloodborne Facebook page posted that a sequel was in the planning stages, though admittedly he might've been told the wrong thing.
>>
>>322215556
Nope, they do try and find your twitter and facebook pages and whatever else they can

This is what they do when you sign up by the way, if you've ever wondered why it takes so long to get an account there, they check to make sure you are a 'good fit' for neofag which really means they are checking to see if you're associated with or have said/posted/done shit the admin doesn't like
>>
>>322214989
>disagreeing with the hivemind is against the rules on neogaf*

There, ftfy
>>
>>322215970
Sorry you can't call people faggots and niggers xD
>>
>>322215939

Oh that's why. I made an account to track durantes updates but never posted. I have no social media and had a different user so they had nothing on me
>>
>>322215010
quite possibly the most inane shitpost ive ever seen
>>
>>322212873
Most likely the JRPG Verendus was talking about two years ago, when someone recently asked him how it was going he used an image to imply that they were being whipped or working hard on it. The question is who is the director, because there is no one unaccounted for at JS. The producer has little bearing on the game by himself
>>
>>322218578
JS isn't making the RPG. It will be developed and directed by Level 5.
>>
File: Shillendus.png (579 KB, 1176x1475) Image search: [Google]
Shillendus.png
579 KB, 1176x1475
>>322214384
>>322214712
>>322218578

>Neogaf "insiders"

Kek
>>
File: Timmy.png (38 KB, 358x378) Image search: [Google]
Timmy.png
38 KB, 358x378
>>322218578
>>322220573

He claimed it was Dark Cloud 3. It was Ni No Kuni 2. It's only timed and coming to NX and likely PC

No wonder he hasn't shown his face. Bitchtits told him go into hiding. Where's Shadow Hearts? Why is Miyazaki working on Dark Souls 3 instead of an exclusive?

Guess that's all shills have. Hopes and dreams.
>>
>>322220573
Verendus said its japan-studio in house game.
>>
>>322212873
>bloodborne
>ambitious

What? The game is small as fuck and runs at 30fps. What the fuck is "ambitious" about BB? It's barely a game even with Sony's money injection
>>
Japan Studio is literally the only fucking top tier dev Sony has, they're the only ones who seem to take risks and try new shit.

Based.
>>
>>322221178
It's longer than DeS nigger, and evolves the combat in one game more than the Souls combat did with 2 fucking sequels.
>>
>>322221073
>It's only timed and coming to NX and likely PC
It's possible that it will come to another platform but it is not confirmed for anything other than PS4.

Stop shitposting.
>>
File: Loudshiller1.png (165 KB, 2112x1252) Image search: [Google]
Loudshiller1.png
165 KB, 2112x1252
>>322221623

>Trying to parade sony astroturfers marketing and lies as "Insiders"

Fuck off, neogaf
>>
>>322221578
>it's longer than 3 souls games ago

wowee
>>
>>322221748
Think you replied to the wrong post, m8
>>
>>322221118
JS doesn't have the staff, the resources, the technical know how or engine to make a jrpg in the same vain as Final Fantasy. They don't have the director to pull off a large production jrpg.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.