[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morning after new years eve. What are you playing first? Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Dino_Crisis_2[1].jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dino_Crisis_2[1].jpg
55 KB, 500x500
Morning after new years eve. What are you playing first?

Pic related for me. Got some rum and coke, slowly waking up and going through one of my favorite childhood games.
>>
File: 20151231_172521.jpg (765 KB, 1536x2560) Image search: [Google]
20151231_172521.jpg
765 KB, 1536x2560
just got it earlier today. or yesterday I guess. gonna be a good year I think
>>
File: 0Pqrhz2.jpg (488 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
0Pqrhz2.jpg
488 KB, 1280x720
Still trying to finish up XCX.
220 hours in already and I'm still at chapter 10.
>>
I finished Onimusha yesterday right before midnight. I enjoyed it a lot, but is it worth bothering with the sequels? I mean, the first game has a nice, kinda Resident Evil feel to it, the sequels seem to be a lot more button mashy.
>>
>>322207242
OP here, started Onimusha 1 like 5 times and every time dropped because of the respawning enemies.

If you want more RE clones I suggest Countdown Vampires, Alone in the Dark 4 (GOG edition is a must), and obviously Parasite Eve 2.
>>
>>322207128
>220 hours in
>still at chapter 10

That's why I never got into jrpg's. They take waaay to long to finish, don't you feel burned out? Are you playing something else inbetween to break the monotony?
>>
>>322207242
>Onimusha
I have not thought about that game in so many years. That was a great game when I was a kid.

>>322207359
Parasite Eve (and Dino Crisis) were both fucking fantastic.
>>
>>322207359
Don't know what to tell you, I kinda regret that I played on normal mode, the game felt way too easy.
>>
>>322207098
How much did you pay for this sealed copy??
>>
>>322207242
2 and 3 are and they aren't button mashy. it's been awhile but I remember the combat getting better with a decent counter mechanic that made the combat better but I can't remember if that was in 1 or not. Dawn of Souls was pretty disappointing and I don't recommend it.
>>
>>322207610
50 bucks. I'm not even joking. I didn't realize it was still sealed until I took it out of the other plastic cover it was in.
>>
>>322207360
>They take waaay to long to finish, don't you feel burned out?
It's actually not that long. I just take my time playing it by exploring every inch of the game, talking to every NPC in order to get to know the world better, etc. Some people call it autism but I'm having a fun time doing all these sidequests, talking and exploration.
>Are you playing something else inbetween to break the monotony?
I finish one game at a time. If I feel bored along the way or even considered to be monotonous, I just drop the game entirely.
>>
File: ForGlory.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ForGlory.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
I missed the crew
>>
>>322207098
i might try getting into the yakuza series, it seems really fun.

>>322208516
that game is awesome.
>>
File: 1447511581667.png (167 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
1447511581667.png
167 KB, 636x426
>>322207737
>tfw bought Yakuza 2 sealed two years ago for about 15 bucks

I made the right decision of buy a new copy of Y2 and jumoing into the series that way instead of buying a used copy of Y1 first. The second games seems to be far more rare than other games in the series.

I don't even like those Yakuza games all that much.
>>
>>322209963
yakuza 1 and 2 on ps2, are they good? I tried it briefly but it seemed to be a poor beat em up with shenmue tier walking sim shoehorned in.

Sell it to me, I want to give it a chance.
>>
>>322210376
I really can't. You either dig the plot and characters or you don't. The beat'em up part of the game isn't really all that great.

It's a series that I play when I don't have anything better to play. Like "oh, I feel like playing something new, but nothing looks all that interesting right now. Let me order a Yakuza game, that'll keep me busy for a week or two".

I finish 1 Yakuza game per year. Last year I finished 3, probably gonna order Y4 around summer break.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.