[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What settings do I need to use on ePSXe to get Silent Hill looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: silent_hill___revision__002.jpg (1 MB, 2152x1048) Image search: [Google]
silent_hill___revision__002.jpg
1 MB, 2152x1048
What settings do I need to use on ePSXe to get Silent Hill looking it's best?
>>
with no enhancements on the original resolution

seriously its just a brown and grey horror game with graphics that aged poorly. itll look like shit regardless.
>>
The ones that are mednafen
>>
>>322207186
Tried getting two games to run on that through retroarch but it kept crashing.
>>
>>322207475
I know it sounds silly and I'm not being condescending, but you were running them in admin right?
>>
>>322207557
Y..Yes.
>>
>>322207764
Fair enough.
I'm guessing you've checked the FAQ and wiki's to see if you can get it fixed right?
>>
File: tanuki.png (54 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
tanuki.png
54 KB, 368x368
...is that a PokeDex?
>>
it's one that thing benefits a lot from the anti jitter option in pcsx-r (face texture warping is pretty bad)
>>
>>322207937
Briefly, was in the am I was trying to run it. Can't hurt to give it another go I suppose.
>>
>>322206761
PCSXR emulator and petes open gl2, run shaders and shit. not sure tho try the emu general.
>>
>>322208092
/vg/emugen/ are actually pretty helpful.
I only go there if I'm really struggling or have a tech questions and I've not had a bad experience yet.
Just post a your specs, the emulator version, the BIOS packs and the game version if you do ask a technical question.

Otherwise the general emulation wikia and the /emugen/ wiki are actually pretty useful in getting stuff to run.
>>
>>322206761
ePSXe is strictly worse than PCSXR at this point, use that or Mednafen if you prefer accuracy over increased res and other enhancements.
>>
>>322208426
People always say it's worse without ever giving an explanation as to why
>>
>>322207475
What do you mean by crash?

You did run the game using the .cue file right? It's not like with ePSx and stuff where you can just run the iso or bin file.
>>
>>322208426
Isn't the PCSXR version on PC pretty much dead and unsupported?

Granted on Unix it's way better. If you for some reason don't want to use Mednafen.
>>
>>322208571
It's just worse
>>
>>322208058
That only becomes really noticeable if you run it in a non-native res. Which I never do since PS1 games look awful outside their native res. Almost like using one of those smooth filters for NES or Snes games.
>>
>>322209051
>on PC
On windows I mean. Fuck me.
>>
>>322208571
Better widescreen, anti jitter, and the lilypad input plugin. It's just better.
>>322209051
It gets updates slower than its Unix counterparts but it's still the best for 3d games if you prefer higher resolutions.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (21 KB, 470x218) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
21 KB, 470x218
>>322208986
Yes. I get pic related and then Retroarch has stopped working; Tried a stable build and now using a nightly
>>
>>322206761
>memoires
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.