[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>240p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: if OP is a faggot, wtf is this.jpg (103 KB, 800x773) Image search: [Google]
if OP is a faggot, wtf is this.jpg
103 KB, 800x773
Why is the market still purchasing this?

>no studios taking advantage of the pokemon, mario kart, or 3D platformer niches
What the fuck are they all doing?
>>
>thinking one can simply make a pokemon or mario kart clone and it will be successful
>>
>>322179878
Yeah just look at that garbage yokai and moca moca game. It's a fools game.
>>
>>322179948
but dqm is a much better series and has been since its inception so I don't see what the fuck you're on about.
>>
>>322180070
One of the worst selling games? Yeah what could I be on about.
>>
>>322179687
flashcart general?
>>
I have no ill will towards the 3DS but I wish the vita had beaten it and games like SMTIV and Stella Glow had ended up on a system with a non shit screen.
>>
>>322180264
Last week, Square Enix released a remake of Dragon Quest Monsters 2 in Japan. Originally released for the Game Boy Color, the game’s remake was released for the Nintendo 3DS and sold 443,656 copies in its first week on store shelves.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/18/dragon-quest-monsters-2-selling-rather-well/#hBMwh38Thp6V5TTD.99

>remake selling half a million in one region in a week
>>
>>322179878
>as if there are SM64 alternatives
Also, pkmn and MK aren't some hugely great games. Innovating over pkmn is as simple as 3D or not turn based -- and for MK, maybe more open with more karts on the field, etc.. maybe less RNG for the races.

Games can be much better than the level of design that is contemporary titles.
>>
>>322179687
3d platformers are rip. also

>not having both 3ds and vita

I hate playing console games now desu.
>>
>>322180594
I might would get them if mobile platforms didn't have the worst analog sticks throughout all of gaming.
>>
>>322180369
Shame it's not going to any other regions any time soon to raise that amount.
>>
>>322179878
Well no, but you can bet your ass there is an untapped market for hardcore Pokemon style games with actual beasts and a real fucking story instead of "collect little badges because my mom said I could be the best".

Oh and a more in depth combat system.
>>
>>322180879
Spoiler: TBC is the worst.
>>
>>322180863
Hey, i'm not in charge of retardo se.

Just saying there are games out there that are amazing alternatives.
>>
>>322180796
man, I hardly even touch the analog sticks and even when I do it's not any worse than most console controllers. They're all made for people with mongoloid hands.
>>
File: 1423502485279.png (118 KB, 458x461) Image search: [Google]
1423502485279.png
118 KB, 458x461
>>322180796
>get Smash for 3DS
>play it for two days
>circle pad's rubber top comes off
>can't reliably play game anymore
>>
>>322180961
SE really is fucking up. JC3 apparently got forced in to Denuvo. MGS V got hugely criticized on here and popular outlets for being shallow, though oddly getting great scores.
>>
>>322181419
>if I mash it harder, it does more damage!

Stop abusing your shit.
>>
>>322181536
>mash
>a circle pad
>>
>>322180879
>Oh and a more in depth combat system.

More indepth combat system. Than Pokemon. Why would you want this? Pokemon already has the depth of an ocean, I don't need more road blocks trying to get back into the metagame.
>>
File: VGC.jpg (159 KB, 1023x522) Image search: [Google]
VGC.jpg
159 KB, 1023x522
>>322181659
Just use the team everyone else is using, Pokémon doesn't have much variety in its metagame this year, pic related.
>>
>>322181659
Variety isn't depth, spitwad.
>>
>>322181659
>depth of an ocean

maybe if you do competitive...
>>
>>322181659
Single battles are more of a joke than anything. The "tier" system ruins a lot of useability of mons. Unfortunately the game is too much about trapping/abusing or just pure speed and damage.

It's not really that deep. The only depth it has is trying to read your opponent to get out a faster harder hitting ass-fucker than he has out currently. There are plenty of cheap and easy ways to win fights instantly.
>>
>>322181758

>being this out of the loop

There is a reason why smogon exist anon.
>>
is it worth getting a 3ds just for a flashcart

what is the xbox-scene of 3ds?
>>
>>322181874
>The "tier" system ruins a lot of useability of mons

No it doesn't. You're allowed to use Pokémon lower than the tier you're playing in. And stall is cancerously effective, it's not all hyper offense.
>>
>>322181658
I have 10k matches played on my 3ds. Mine is fine. Don't blame the game mongoloid.
>>
>>322182014
Each party member can have 4 moves. It's turn based.

It's not deep gameplay.
>>
>>322180369
>My absolute favorite game of my childhood
>Replayed it earlier this year, loved every second of it
>Insane replay value for a GBC title
>Can only imagine how it is in the remake; already heard something like over 400 monsters are in it.

Good thing I'm learning Japanese, and even then, someone will more than likely make a fan translation for it too.
>>
>>322182131
I'm not blaming the game, I'm blaming the system. The 3DS is not made for games requiring demanding inputs.
>>
>>322182067
>stall teams

I loved playing online with my all stall team. Killing people slowly with rocks and poison while taking zero damage is hilarious.
>>
>>322179687
In terms of gaming handhelds, it's between the 3DS and Vita. Getting started with the 3DS is cheaper than getting started with the Vita so there ya go.
>>
>>322182041
GBATEMP has become the de-facto site for rom hacking stuff outside of the twitter accounts of the hackers themselves.
>>
>>322179687

Nintendofags only buy nintendogarbage

Other games by other companies that are direct competitors to nintendogarbage are therefore ignored.

I.E. there is no monster hunter competitor made by nintendo, so nintendofags eat up monster hunter. It's quite simple, anon.
>>
>>322182410
I'll argue and say now is a good time to hop on the vita. It has a bright future for those interested in weebshit, and some of the best games for the system go for pretty damn cheap. The system itself + a good memory card are expensive, but it will live up to its expense.
>>
>>322182558
i'll take a look, thanks

can anyone tell me, is it a big pain in the ass or is it as simple as dumping your legal backups on an sd card?
>>
>>322182410
I disagree. I went with the Vita at the time cause getting PS+ netted 4 free fantastic gamest but either way for the price of one game you get whatevers free that month as well as free games every month for a year. It kind of blows you don't own them permanently but you an buy them if you like them enough and without a doubt complete them in a years time.

I wanted a 3DS and the games on it are fantastic but they're so expensive and the best ones (IE: Nintendo games) never go down significantly in price.
>>
>>322182134

>EV/IVs
>breeding
>normal/hidden abilities
>item holding
>weather teams
>hidden power calculation

Once again smogon exist for a reason.
>>
>>322181756
>mega evolutions were a mistake
>>
>>322182950
Yeah to ban what they don't like at a moments notice regardless of what the player polling ( who don't actually use the mon they are suspecting during tests anyway).
>>
>>322182950
You're basically saying that Borderlands gameplay is deep because there are a gazillion or something options.
>>
>>322182814
There's a homebrew program, HANS, that temp-patches games with the ROMhack edits, like the Wii.
>>
File: 1407879733335.png (475 KB, 893x732) Image search: [Google]
1407879733335.png
475 KB, 893x732
>>322182950
>EV/IVs
>abilities
>item holding

These are the only things you have to think about when making a team. And even then, on a lot of Pokémon, your ability and item are a no-brainer, fucking nobody is going to run Flame Body Talonflame for example.

>breeding
Just inject it.
>weather teams
Dead since the nerfs in Gen 6.
>HP calculation
It's a simple formula based on your IVs.
>>
>>322184816
>when making a team

When making a Pokémon, I mean. Teams you obviously have to think about the species and how they synergize with each other, but that's a given.
>>
>>322184243
cool i'll check it out. how about online play?
>>
>>322184934
Well you could do it if you want, but I don't think there are any games with worthwhile hacks to play online, there's no Project M for Smash 4 and the amount of custom MK7 tracks can be counted on two hands last I checked.
>>
>>322179687
The market isn't buying it though. The 3DS had its worse holidays in NA since release and in Japan the 3DS saw a fall in sales of over 30% YoY.

The 3DS entered is final year, which in Nintendo consoles/handhelds life means even worse drop in sales.

Also the 3DS barely sold 60M so far, it will be a miracle if it ended up selling more than the GBA or PSP.
>>
>>322185145
you make it sound so bad.

Everybody who wants one has one already. That's it. Nintendo basically said as much when they introduced the N3DS
>>
>>322185145
>barely sold 60M

It's funny that you have to add "barely" to that. I know it's not the monster in sales the DS is but Nintendo is making a lot more money off that than the Wii U, and while phones are admittedly eating up a larger portion of the casual userbase that plays handheld, the Vita is dead and it has no competition as a handheld dedicated game system (for better or worse; even as a Nintendo fan I don't like the idea of any company having a monopoly, since quality drops as a result of monopolies).

I bought the 3DS since I like Nintendo games. I might've bought a Vita if it had more than just a few games on it that I wanted and if the memory cards didn't cost a fucking fortune for no reason.
>>
>>322185528
Nintendo gets a hugely overrated market appeal just from previous popularity.
>>
>>322182653
>Nintendofags only buy nintendogarbage

OK, buddy. I think you've immersed yourself in /v/ board culture for too long.
>>
File: dq7_large.jpg (141 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
dq7_large.jpg
141 KB, 768x1024
>>322179687

>Why is the market still purchasing this?
Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Mario, Smash Bros, SMT, etc.

Basically, all the big name Japanese series have games on the 3DS. Hell, it even got fucking MGS and Deador Alive games. So its obviously going to dominate in Japan. No idea why its selling so well in the west though. Aside from Pokemon and Smash Bros. Thank god they're finally releasing the Dragon Quest games to the west. Only 4 years late.
>>
>>322187084
>No idea why its selling so well in the west though.
It isn't. Japan represents more than 1/3 of the 3DS global market, something completely disproportional based on population and history of sales for handhelds. If anything Japan success of the 3DS is basically saving the 3DS to fall completely flat on its face.
>>
>>322180508
Pokemon is 3D
>>
>>322187448

Its still the best selling gaming device in the west. Even if Japan is closing the gap in terms of percentages.
>>
>>322180508
>more open
you don't understand what racing games are, do you
>more karts
how would that make the game better? 12 is plenty.
>less RNG
please go back to smash bros and let me play my arcadey kart racer in peace. And if you're so fucking shit at the game that you get randomed out, then maybe you need to git gud before you start complaining about items.
>>
>>322185145

>"The 3DS is gonna sell worse next year!"
>When 2016 brings DQXI, the next mainline Pokemon game, Monster Hunter Stories, etc

WEW
>>
We're lucky if their next system is 720p, while smartphones are already at 1440p
>>
>>322179687
It's almost as if the quality of games, and the fun and enjoyment derived therein doesn't actually have that much to do with hardware limitations.

Imagine that!
>>
>>322189018
The 3DS is Nintendo's most bereft handheld console to date.
>>
>>322188152
All those games already released on 3DS or previous versions. They aren't going to change shit. Monster Hunter X didn't push the sales of the 3DS over last year despite a heavily campaign from Nintendo to push N3DS over the old regular 3DS thanks to faster loading times.

The only one that could push sales is DQXI but that is also out on PS4 and it will also be compatible with old 3DS models so I can't see a grow at all for 3DS in its last year on the market.

I am willing to bet Dollars against Pesos, no rational market annalist will tell you otherwise not after 2 years of constant sales decline.
>>
>>322189102
And your point is...?
>>
>>322188152
>>322189247
So thoroughly trashed.
>>
>>322189247

The 2DS just launched in Japan, and I'd bet that will cause a change in sales.
>>
>>322189687
It didn't in the west, why would it in Japan?
>>
Not taking advantage of those because most past attempts at taking advantage of those niches don't end up very successful as usually they are satisfied with what they already have
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.