[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOTY 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 2015gold1.png (209 KB, 3843x2259) Image search: [Google]
2015gold1.png
209 KB, 3843x2259
2015 is over, what was your game of the year? Feel free to post your GOTY, your Top 5 or even Top 10.
>>
1. MGS V
2. Pillars of Eternity
3. Bloodborne
4. The Witcher 3
5. Super Mario Maker

Good year for games.
>>
>>322157679

age of decadence

any other answer is pleb shit
>>
>>322158002

>mgsv, PoE and TW3

great if youre a pleb, apparently
>>
>>322157679
1. TW3
2. Pillars of Eternity
3. MGSV
4. Undertale
5. Downwell
>>
Best game of the year is MGS V

>>322158057
Age of Decadence is fucking awful.
I can forgive it's garbage graphics and poor transitions, but the indie quality maps and map navigation, the boring, simplistic and repetitive boring combat system and the atrociously clunky interface I cannot stand.

It seriously plays like a game released in 1990 and I'm sorry, but that shit just doesn't fly. It took 7 years to develop and this was the best they could come up with, fucking embarrassing.

The writing may be excellent (I cannot confirm or deny, did not go far enough into it), but everything around is is awful. Pretty much every other CRPG released this year is much better than this piece of shit.
>>
Game of the Year is MGS V, with The Witcher 3 closely behind it. Both of them suffer from going Open World, however.
>>
1) Hotline Miami 2
2) The Phantom Pain
3) GTA V (PC)
4) The Beginner's Guide
5) Life is Strange

Honorable mention: Sunless Sea
>>
>>322158294
>says a game is awful
>after saying goty is MGSV

Haha ok
>>
GOTY: Bloodborne
Honorable Mentions:
-MH4U
-Shadowrun: Hong Kong
-Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
-DMC4: Special Edition
>>
File: 1438183956286.png (323 KB, 578x507) Image search: [Google]
1438183956286.png
323 KB, 578x507
MONSTER
HUNTER
>>
If I was asked to pick a game that came out in 2015 then I would have to say hotline miami 2 since that's the only one released this year that I have played.

If the question is best game I played in the calendar year I would say yakuza 4 considering I'm not quite done with 5 yet so I don't know where that will stack up.
>>
GOTY: MGS 5
Runner Ups:
Bloodborne
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Underrail
Lords of Xulima

>>322158057
Fuck off, RPG Codex.
>>
File: MGSV-3.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-3.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Year? Pfah.

You're looking at the game of the decade.
>>
>>322158057
No one thinks you're smart because you like a shitty barely functional RPG, kiddo.
>>
>>322158414
I'd have to go with Undertale.

But honestly I only played MGSV of the other big titles and it's too disappointing to be my GOTY.
>>
>>322157679
MGSV
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLTVxhBhHhg

GOTY.
>>
Mario Bros 2
>>
I'm discounting Mario Maker, strictly because it's not so much a game, as it is a creative tool.

5. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
4. The Witcher 3
3. Splatoon
2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
1. Bloodborne
>>
>>322157679
No particular order:

Witcher 3
MGSV
Ori and the Blind Forest
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Undertale
Cities: Skylines

Honorable Mentions:
Super Mario Maker
Bloodborne
Just Cause 3

Games that didn't come out in 2015 but I played for the first time in 2015 and enjoyed:

Puzzle Agent
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Transistor
>>
Bloodborne
Black Ops 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Bam Ham Knight

POWER GAP

Ori and the Blind Forest
Rocket League
Dying Light
Mortal Kombat X

How normie am I?
>>
I bought Bayonetta last year but only got around to it in January, but if it has to have come out this year then Xenoblade X.
>>
Helldivers or Undertale.

If MH4U came out this year, add that to the list.
>>
Google "games 2015"

Literally nothing good in that list. Maybe SOMA if you need one. Games nowadays are just remakes from old good games as Battlefield 2, CoD 2 or Assasins Creed.
>>
>>322160817
>Rocket League

footballer normie, get the fuck out
>>
>>322161090
>football
But it's soccer.
>>
File: CA_z8MhUQAE1rAT.jpg (96 KB, 640x565) Image search: [Google]
CA_z8MhUQAE1rAT.jpg
96 KB, 640x565
>>322157679
Stella Glow, man. This'll be a cult classic years from now. Sleeper hit of the year.
>>
>>322161463
they're both pathetic, so it doesn't matter.
>>
No order

Senran Kagura Estival Versus(JP version)
Hotline Miami 2
Just Cause 3
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Disgaea 5
>>
>>322158002
Bought PoE, getting MGSV, and currently playing through bloodborne. Thinking about playing through all the witchers but every attempt hasn't worked out. I'm a happy camper right now.
>>
Gametrailers Game of the Year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLqtd88oM3s
>>
File: [000053a].jpg (54 KB, 255x269) Image search: [Google]
[000053a].jpg
54 KB, 255x269
Having no interest in the new consoles, I've been playing a lot of older games on the cheap.

That said, from what I've played, Arkham City is my GotY. It runs great on my old PC (intel core 2 duo with Radeon HD 4850) and Laptop (HP envy m6) which is a real testament to the developer's skill. It has a lot going on for it, a considerable sandbox with a lot of extra content that felt like a lot more than cheap additional junk or cut content. The controls are smooth, being Batman or Catwoman offered a satisfying combination of moves and gadgets that water easy to pick up and rewarding to master. Great sound design, intuitive controls, excellent replay value, one of the best super hero games or brawlers I've ever played.

Runner up: Dark Souls 2. Another game that ran smoothly and played nice on my systems. It felt more polished than the first, and I lost days playing it without realizing where my time had gone. The weak sorcery viability and generally minimalistic realms, were disappointing, but the most upsetting thing for me was the changes made to the riposte mechanic. I adapted eventually, but it never stopped feeling clunkier than the faster and more exciting riposte style of the first game.

Wildcard: Bastion. Overrated, but a lot of fun, easy enough to get into, and some novel ideas executed very well. Visually beautiful, and a great voice cast help this one out. The soundtrack was also terrific, especially that one track a certsin character sings very beautifully.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.