[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought pic. What am i in for? (I cleared both DaS1 and 2)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: received_10203943815515445.jpg (55 KB, 603x960) Image search: [Google]
received_10203943815515445.jpg
55 KB, 603x960
Just bought pic. What am i in for? (I cleared both DaS1 and 2)
>>
Just buy a WiiU.
>>
>>322148724
Fuck off cuck

>>322148561
A good souls game.
>>
>>322148561
Whacky old dude in the wheel chair is the bad guy.
But seriously the game is terrible. You might want to put your time into something more constructive.
>>
>>322148561
GOTY.
>>
>>322148724
kill yourself manchild
>>
>>322148561
>he bought a used copy for $35 when new copies go for less than that
>>
Play it and found out. You already bought the damn game.
>>
>>322148561
>recycle
should've gone to the trash
>>
>>322148561
Some generic Assassin's Creed rip off.
>>
>>322148901
>Gerhman
>bad
It's almost like you didn't play the game...
>>
>>322148561

more of the same
>>
>>322148561
The lore is neat, but doesn't really go anywhere, so don't expect anything up to Dark's level in that department. Speaking of not living up to Dark Souls, it's easy as hell, and dodge spam will solve 90% of all enemy attacks, and you can walk while you use the equivalent of Estus. Also, you pretty much have to use a light melee build of some variety, so keep that in mind.

As for the good, the level design is excellent, the atmosphere is very effective and consistent, everything looks amazing, and it has the best boss design in the Souls series.
>>
>>322149465
>Speaking of not living up to Dark Souls, it's easy as hell, and dodge spam will solve 90% of all enemy attacks
Replace dodge with shield and it'd be a worthy successor.
>>
You're in for a far more shallow but ultimately more skill-based Souls game. Thats saying something considering you get to have a max of 20 'potions' right off the bat. Some bosses will still kill the shit out of you.
>>
>>322149465
>so don't expect anything up to Dark's level in that department

lol dark souls doesn't go anywhere either, you flaming faggot

>The Princess of Sunlight Gwynevere left Anor Londo along many other deities, and later became wife to Flame God Flann.
>age of fire
>flame fading
>dark approaching
>God of FUCKING FLAME simply giving a shit mention in a description and never heard from again
>LE SICK DEEP LORE BROTHA COULD MOZARD BE STILL ALIVE, MAYBE HE IS SOLAIRE INCARNATED 3 TIMES

top fucking kek you soulsfags are laughably retarded
>>
>>322149024
>
>>
>>322148561
an interesting yet extremely flawed game

demons souls is still the #1 souls style game
>>
>>322149747
You realize that saying "they didn't focus on one thing that I thought was interesting" isn't a valid condemnation of a plot, right?
>>
>>322149624
>playing with shields

But that's what two handed builds are for, anon. There's no equivalent in BB, hell, "encumbrance", such as it is, doesn't even affect your dodge.
>>
First half is Demon's Souls quality.

Second half is DaS2-tier shit.
>>
>>322149917
Not him but there is a difference between plot and lore. Souls games tend to have shallow plots until the last one or two bosses and the entire game is full of lore if you know where to look.
>>
>>322150313
Wat? Bloodborne has the most consistent pacing of any Souls game (except maybe Demon).
>>
>>322148561
Some teenage boy garbage about fighting monsters and shit, it's very repetitive you might find it more entertaining to read a book.
>>
>>322148561

Darksouls without shields and a blood gimmick.
>>
>>322149465

I'd say that BB has a better story than DS. You just have a more linear chain of events.
>>
>>322148724
for what games? Pretty much everything is multiplatform these days EXCEPT WiiU. You could try to say smash but one game isn't and excuse to own a console especially when all my friends rarely want to play smash.
>>
>>322149465
There's actually a mechanic that increases damage received as you come out of a roll. Mindless dash spam will often fuck you over.
>>
>>322148724
Literally this.
>>
My personal goty.

Its more on the action side on the action - rpg spectrum so the combat is better but the rpg elements are worse.
>>
>>322148561
A better game than those two, but still a mediocre game in general.

Unless you actually found those two games to be fun, in which case you're in for a ride, kid.
>>
>>322151074
But it doesn't really come to anything. Dark Souls was about the futility of existence, the thematic elements made the lore matter. Or look at Lovecraft as another parallel, most of his stories were about humans being incredibly, horrifyingly small.

But Bloodborne has no such core thematic element. Early on in the game it's about the degeneration of the city with all of the window people, but as soon as you reach the Cathedral Ward that drops, and there's no real impetus for any of the lore character's actions beyond generic "I want to know, oops and now I'm insane". The whole thing with birthing an entity into our world through dream felt like it was going to mean something, but they never do anything with it.
>>
File: you know where it goes.jpg (134 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
you know where it goes.jpg
134 KB, 778x1018
>>322148561
>recycle
>>
>>322148561
great music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjISYk7LcUU
>>
>>322148561

>buying recycled games

Didn't you learn anything after DaS2?
>>
>>322148561
>>322148561
A more fast paced Souls games

also if you tap out at Father Gascoigne you're a faggot
>>
File: Gingy_1.jpg (29 KB, 693x521) Image search: [Google]
Gingy_1.jpg
29 KB, 693x521
>>322148561
>that thumb
>>
>>322148561
FUN

make sure you download the old hunters expansion before you start ng
>>
>>322148561

>Recycle

How appropriate for yet another Souls rehash.
>>
A sub par Soulslike.
>>
>>322148561
A hack's attempt to rip off "Call of Cthulhu".
>>
>I wonder what this mess of a monster is going to do!

>Oh, yep, it's flailing around like a retard.

Repeted until bored.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.