[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yay or Nay /v/? I'm between this game and AOE2HD. The two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: AoW3_boxart_int_final.jpg (531 KB, 1000x1425) Image search: [Google]
AoW3_boxart_int_final.jpg
531 KB, 1000x1425
Yay or Nay /v/? I'm between this game and AOE2HD. The two games with all the DLC of course. Thanks!
>>
>>322147023
I couldn't really get into this game, and I loved Age of Wonders 2, so I can't really recommend it too much.
>>
>>322147173
What was wrong with the game?
>>
>>322147023
Honestly you cant go wrong with AoE, I bought this a a couple of sales ago and just cant force myself to launch it after a couple of plays.
>>
>>322147354
Maybe it was just me, but I found it just to be really dull in comparison to the previous game, most of the teams felt samey and I didn't like the idea of the units you can produce being tied so much to the class you chose at the start.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong because I haven't played it in a while, but it just left me pretty unsatisfied.
>>
>>322147829
What other game can you recommend me?
>>
>>322148025
Age of Wonders 1.
>>
>>322148025
Other than previous Age of Wonders games? I'm not so sure, I think the turn based strategy games that I play wouldn't really to be a lot of other peoples taste, like I can't see people enjoying games like Lords of Magic, Dominions 4 or Master of Magic as much as I do.

I'm sure Age of Wonders 3 is a lot better than I remember it being, and just check out the gameplay videos on Youtube or something to see if you would like them or not.
>>
You might like Eador Genesis
>>
Without the 2 expansions is so-so, with them it's the objectively best vanilla AoW game by far.
If you're more into mods and crazy custom maps/scenarios then AoW1 and SM are a much better choice.
>>
>>322149946
How dead is the multiplayer? Is still viable to try to play some other people?
>>
>>322150132
Is there any multiplayer turn based game where games could easily last the entire day that actually is alive?
>>
I remember it being pretty good. I was skeptical when I got it, thinking it would be made by some Russians who got their hands on the license (a-la HOMM).

It turns out most if not all of the original team from the originals worked on this.
>>
>>322149946
Why were the mods for AoW 2 so strange? I had one where it added giants, beastmen, aliens and robots as playable teams.
>>
>>322147023
its a good game no doubt about it
>>
>>322150612
AoW3 suffered some extreme nostalgia goggled criticism when it came out, not because the criticism wasn't true, but because the same things were present (and often even worse) in the earlier titles too.
Like a lot of people were bashing the AI when the game came out and saying the previous games were better, completely ignoring the fact that AoW2 AI(not SM) is beyond retarded and was never fixed, and I believe the AI still doesn't even know that you can expand or how to expand, even on the highest difficulty.
Or claiming that the late game is about spamming tier 4 units, when that is the case in every single AoW game (unmodded at least).
>>
I feel like age of wonders 3 is the best out of all of them. Its really hard to go back to the previous ones now.
>>
>>322147023
Get aoe2hd so we can get a /v/ team going

Also get aow3 cause it's fun
>>
It plays like a watered down Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic if it were a civ 5 mod.
>>
File: Diplomacy.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Diplomacy.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Try Endless Legend instead.

More game, less DLC
>>
>>322155635
This, it's like a big Civ 5 mod. Not neccessarily a bad thing on it's own, but it's just not the same as the previous games.
Other titles you may be interested in is Fallen Enchantress, Warlock or Endless Legend; they play similarly (Warlock is the most barebones, FE is comparative to CIv 4/5 hybrid, EL is probably the best and the most unique of the bunch)
>>
File: 1391990530521.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1391990530521.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
I fucking love it. Great combo of HoMM and Civ.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.