[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fallout 3: Main quest is about finding your father who no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 139635_cU6cCSyiBc_1450379609391.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
139635_cU6cCSyiBc_1450379609391.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
>Fallout 3: Main quest is about finding your father who no matter what dies
>Fallout 4: Main quest is about finding your son who no matter what dies

How does Bethesda get away with this? Do they really think "this character is a family member, find them" is the most compelling motivation so they just reuse it?
>>
>>322146256
anon how dare you not appreciate these oscar winning story ideas
>>
MUH FAMMMMMMMILLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>Fallout 1: Find a water chip and save the wasteland
>Fallout 2: Find a GECK and save the wasteland
>Fallout 3: Find your dad and save the wasteland
>New Vegas: Find your attempted murderer and save the wasteland
>Fallout 4: Find your son and save the wasteland

Wow look at that top quality writing there
>>
>>322146256
Yes.
>>
>Fallout 1 was about finding a water chip and saving your Vault from Mutants
>Fallout 2 was about finding a GECK and saving your village from the Enclave
>>
>>322146256
>>322146378
Yeah, you fucking entitled piece of shit. GOD DAMN you make my blood boil thinking how much of whiny little kid.
>>
>>322146256

>How does Bethesda get away with this?

Gaming journalists and a media that will never call them out on their bullshit.

Also the retarded mouth-breathers that got into video games with the previous console generation that eat shit with a siphon.
>>
>>322146256
>>322146496
>>322146559
so the main point of these games is to save?
>>
>>322146496
At least 1, 2 and New Vegas don't have hamfisted relationships with people you're supposed to care about.
>>
>>322146496
Fallout 1 and 2's purposes are more important overall to the wasteland than "mah son/mah dad"

New Vegas is just a basic human mindset of "I'm gonna get this motherfucker" I think we can all appreciate that desire.
>>
>>322146496
>New Vegas: Find your attempted murderer and save the wasteland
You don't have to do either.
>>
>>322146256
Bethesda doesn't understand RPG storytelling/worldbuilding and thinks they have to make the protagonist the center of the game rather than a blank slate by which the player explores the setting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.