[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPYRO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: jeKV0xdoNMM.jpg (41 KB, 320x394) Image search: [Google]
jeKV0xdoNMM.jpg
41 KB, 320x394
This game was shit and it ruined everything but I liked the other 2 legend of spyro so much.
>>
>>322145890
Uh, I finally found and bought that game today.
>>
>>322145890
anything after the 3 original games sucked dick
>>
>>322145890
I loved this game
>>
>>322146868
This, hell even 3 wasn't that great.
>>
>>322145890
Care to go into detail on how it "ruined everythingā€¯? I've also played all three games.
>>
>>322147228
>Hell even 3 wasn't that great

Keep your shit opinions to yourself.
>>
>>322147408
Also plaed enter the dragonfly
>>
File: metalgear.jpg (13 KB, 225x360) Image search: [Google]
metalgear.jpg
13 KB, 225x360
>>322147432
look at this nostalgia blinded idiot retard.
fuck off idiot

if you actually played the original trilogy today, you would see that 1 is best and 2 is ruined by minigames and 3 is just a mess
>>
>>322145890
Out of the legends trilogy, 1 and 3 were decent, 2 was the worst kind of shit, on-par with Skylanders.

>>322146868
Never played Season of Flame? It's the best non-insomniac Spyro. Not as good as the PS1 instalments, but still a pretty fucking good stand-alone game.
>>
>>322147432
It wasn't, I didn't enjoy hunting the eggs as much as I did the the stuff in the first one and Ripto's Rage. I enjoyed a lot of the levels themselves in YotD, and the skateboarding was always great, but most of the actual fetch parts of it were just not as good. It's leagues and leagues better than everything that came after it Spyro wise, but I don't think it's as good as the first or RR. Simple as that really.
>>
>>322147586
You're the nostalgia blinded idiot retard. You probably played the first two as a kid and your parents couldn't afford the third so you got it much after.

Anyway here's an objective argument not actually intended for you but to spectators seeing as you're obviously too unintelligent to actually understand it. I have to fucking address this every time a fucking sheep-opinioned retard like you derails a Spyro Thread.

Okay I no longer have the text file but here's the gist of it. Spyro 3=Spyro 2. Now many people rank it lower due to the alternate characters, however this is counteracted by the Skateboarding game which is awesome as fuck. Putting it back up on level pegging with Spyro 2. And if you're not a retard who can actually adapt to other characters, they're not so bad. Even they were awful, it's no reason to overreact like a fucking retard.
>>
>>322147586
Sounds like someone still can't do the Dinosaur Eggs or the Hockey game. Shits fucking easy when you aren't 10.
>>
>>322147586
3 is arguably the worst of the original trilogy, but not because of the minigames. More because it was literally an unfinished game.
>>
>>322148006
I used to have a more detailed text file explaining my opinion more thoroughly, but I honestly think Spyro 3=Spyro 2>Spyro 1. This was on the basis that all 3 have amazing atmosphere, but Spyro 2 improved the gameplay with its level design and swimming massively, and this obviously carried over into Spyro 3. Spyro 1 had some top notch levels like Tree Tops and Lofty Castle (And basically all of Dreamweavers), but many others were a bit easy/barebones. Of course the atmosphere was still amazing though.
>>
>>322148432
On what basis?

I mean you need the Greatest Hits version to get non-fucked up music, but that's really it.
>>
>>322148547
Oh that much I agree on, Spyro 3 definitely controls and plays better than 1. But there is just something about all the worlds and dragon collecting that I just absolutely adore regardless of those. I don't know, I just didn't like collecting the eggs at all, nor did I like any of the penguin minigames, god they pissed me off as a kid.
>>
File: 1418023136923.jpg (124 KB, 489x406) Image search: [Google]
1418023136923.jpg
124 KB, 489x406
>>322147228
>hell even 3 wasn't that great.
Fuck you

>>322147586
>look at this nostalgia blinded idiot retard.
Look at this projection.
Your criticism of 2 says it all. 2 doesn't even have that many minigames.

Next you'll tell me they're worse because of the "furfag NPCs," right?

>>322148432
For all the content they stuffed into the game in the short dev time that it had to make the title-based deadline, it definitely feels finished. I've never gone through YotD and felt "y'know, there could have been more."

It really does feel like a complete product, unlike some other games.
>>
>>322148698
>Rushed final boss
>Copy & pasted music
>Glitches becmoing more and more common late-game

>>322149069
I actually played the platinum release first, so I love 3 just as much as 1 and 2. If I were to rate them though I'd probably have to say 2 > 1 = 3. 3 being on-par with 1, but maybe just a little bit worse.
>>
>>322146868
1 was the only good one though. It kept the autism characters to a minimum.
>>
i played all of them. in honesty the first is probably the best but i did love the valley of avalar in dawn of the dragon. the graphics were gorgeous too. it hurts that they wont make any spyro type games for new gen. i remember as a child in 2000 playing spyro, you couldnt have a better childhood
>>
File: Reggie_shrug.png (312 KB, 425x320) Image search: [Google]
Reggie_shrug.png
312 KB, 425x320
I liked all the Legend of Spyro games more or less.
>>
>>322151267
Honestly the first one wasn't horrible (I played the DS version though).

I should actually give them a go so I can really know what they're all about.
But at the same time, I kinda don't want to spend money on them out of principle.
>>
I replayed 2 and 3 a short while back and I gotta say, 2 was a real good game with some great levels. The music was rad but the bosses kind of blew in my opinion. 3 had some good levels but a lot were just frustrating. I didn't particularly enjoy playing as the other characters but some of their levels weren't too bad.

I wish I could have found 1 and played that again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdB5cykpYXY
>>
>>322146868
First 3, and a hero's tail were the good ones.
>>
>>322146513
Isn't this game somewhat rare?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.