[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>jump from a cliff >land on water >take damage >die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: morrowind_031502_003.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
morrowind_031502_003.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
>jump from a cliff
>land on water
>take damage
>die

Fucking masterpiece...

They don't make them like this anymore.
>>
You would take damage in real life too
>>
>>322145338
Yep
>>
>>322145338
Not really, have you ever seen a high dive?
>>
>>322143828
Why would you take water damage? Water can't damage you.
>>
>>322145481
It depends on how you landed. If you did a proper diving its fine. But if you did something like a belly flop, you die.
>>
>>322143828
>hit someone dead on with a sword
>miss

TECHNOLOGY
>>
From a certain height water will fuck you up pretty badly like landing on concrete. It's some science shit but the faster you hit water the harder it becomes.
>>
>>322145848
At least it wasn't like Oblivian where no mattter how much your character suck with a weapon it always hit the intended target. Marrowind was a true RPG.
>>
>>322146509
Oblivion's tweek to the system was decent.
You always hit the target, but without skills, your damage would be complete shit and you not be able to kill anything.

Or this is how it would have worked theoretically is the level scaling was not completely fucked up.
>>
>>322145481
You would be injured in real life unless you knew what you were doing.
Anything >~60 feet is often lethal
>>
>land on water
>take damage
>die

That's a lie, you don't take damage if you land in actual water in Morrowind, that's why you can survive icarian flight if you land in water
>>
>>322146509
I'm not gonna lie. I've hated TES turning more into an action game. Atleast in Morrowind if you hit or missed it was entirety on your characters proficiency with those set of weapons. Instead it's how much damage you did in Oblivion. Which makes no sense because knowing how to use a sword and how to hit people with it wont entirely depend on how skilled you are with it but your strength and agility as well.
>>
>>322147174
You hit the opponent in a more vital location due to your skill.
>>
>>322147472
Every single time? You're telling me every time you swing the sword you somehow hit beasts and animal's you've never encountered before in a more vital location based on how skilled you are?
>>
>>322147638
Yes
>>
>get off boat
>take a nap at the inn
>get attacked by ninja
>die
>click quit
>morrowind.exe has stopped working
>>
Hitting water from a large enough drop is like hitting concrete.
>>
>>322147079
so it's unrealistic
>>
I am playing the game right now actually. I am enjoying a lot, but I am reading through all the things the mods/patches I downloaded fixed.

The base game sounds like a completely broken pile of shit.
>>
>>322148306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E408JigEcFI
>>
>>322145481
I saw a video of two Russians diving off a bridge that was too high. They both died.
>>
>>322148613
source

SOURCE
>>
>>322148438
Just like every other Bethesda game.
>>
>>322147079
Maybe you did something when you were about to land. I went to the little islands to the north, i think it was close to Vos. I climbed the highest mountain i could find then i jumped into the water and died.
>>
>>322148981
I didn't.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Scroll_of_Icarian_Flight
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:A_Falling_Wizard
You can land in water and you take no fall damage
>>
>>322148981
Landing in water doesn't bring you to a full stop, if the water is shallow enough you will still die depending on the height.
>>
>>322149160
I'll fucking slap you
>>
File: cryingtodd.jpg (103 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cryingtodd.jpg
103 KB, 640x480
>tfw the criticism over MW's combat is why they neutered future games of RPG elements
>>
>>322149248

I'm sorry you feel like swinging a weapon at something is difficult enough to warrant all those misses regardless of skill. A literal retard could have more success swinging a stick at a tire with no skill points put into "stick swinging"

I hate that TES has become so casualized, but dice roll combat is shit no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>322145481

Anon, get some education
>>
>>322148493

Something about all the mythbusters just kind of pisses me off. Like they are just too excited to do some of the stuff they do. Almost like they are being paid to act upbeat and happy.
>>
>>322149712
"miss" also accounts for enemies dodging, blocking, parrying or attacks being glancing blows, ineffective hits etc.

The fact that you cannot animate and program fully functional combat even with all of the tools we have now is why you get this, and you're being a fucking moron for needing this explained to you.

I mean, I hate dice roll combat as much as the next guy but to claim it's somehow nonsensical or unrealistic is just retarded.
>>
>>322149712
Dice roll combat is shit on anything outside of imagination. Morrowind was worse because it was fucking first person and it loved rendering your sword skewer a hostile only to reveal that you did no such thing, according to the dice gods.

In Fallout 3, your bullets would use some godawful angles just to show you your shot didn't make it. It was especially pronounced with the laser/tracer'd weapons.
>>
>>322145848
Did your sword go through the enemy? No? Then shut up.
>>
>>322148741
You can find loads of suicides via jumping off bridges on bestgore
>>
>>322150373
The worst part of that are the corpse recovery vids where they show the horribly bloated bodies. Ruined my day when I first saw that shit more than a decade ago. OD'ing is better than that shit.
>>
>>322150191
>dodging
It should say Dodged!

>blocking
It should say Blocked!

>parrying
It should say Parried! Opened up for attack of opportunity!

>glancing blows
It should say 1 damage dealt

>The fact that you cannot animate and program fully functional combat even with all of the tools we have now is why you get this

You mean tools like, I don't know, TEXT? I didn't realize that wasn't a thing back in '03.

>inb4 just use your imagination
Fuck off.
>>
>>322148130
Perfect
>>
>have the minimum strength required to use a weapon
>still swing it as fast as a guy who has double the strength
>>
>>322151802

>implying swinging a sword faster shouldn't be tied to endurance rather than strength

No practical weapon should be too heavy for an average man to swing. The speed and weight of those swings depend more on the wielders level of fatigue than his raw strength. The more you know.
>>
>>322152293
Not on the initial swing, nigga.
>>
>>322145572
>jump off of a suspension bridge
>post results
>>
>>322143828
yeah you're right you little bitch it is a goddamn masterpiece, and they sure as fuck dont make them like this anymore

fuck you you little shit
>>
Dice roll combat is amazing for table top, pnp rpgs. It's okay for isometric turn based or pause based rpgs. It's absolutely unforgivable for 1st/3rd person action RPGs. DAO and DOS get a pass since you can change the camera to suit the fight.
>>
>>322148130
>>get off boat
>>take a nap at the inn
>>get attacked by ninja
>>die
Pretty sure you've got to be at least level 8 before Tribunal starts.
>>
>>322150286
>Dice roll combat is shit on anything outside of imagination
Try saying that in a KotOR thread.
>>
>>322152293
>No practical weapon should be too heavy for an average man to swing.

...Unless you're stronger than the average man.
>>
>>322153619
KoTOR combat is garbage. It's so shit that SWTOR's combat is a fucking step up.
>>
>>322153731
>It's so shit that SWTOR's combat is a fucking step up.
Woah, let's not say things we'll regret in the morning, Anon.
>>
>>322151060
>It should say Dodged!
For what fucking purpose you mongoloid? What would adding that do? Immersion? Laughable.

No really, what the fuck would text prompts explaining the obvious do, other than explain the obvious? Why the fuck would you need something that's obvious explained? You attacked, you failed to deal significant damage, the details of why are largely irrelevant.

Text prompts certainly wouldn't make it more immersive, so tell me, what the fuck would it do?!
>S-satisfy m-my autism!
Gotcha, fuck off.
>>
>>322153469
You can kill the assassins in Morrowind right after you arrive in Scyda Neen. Either he made a non combat character or he sucks.
>>
>>322153469

>The conditions for being attacked in your sleep differ between the PC and Xbox versions of the game. In the PC version, you can be attacked at any time, even when you sleep for the first time after starting a new game with Tribunal installed. In the Xbox version, you will only be attacked after you have reached level 6.
>>
>>322150123
Good news, they're cancelled.

That's what they get for firing the build team
>>
>>322143828
>Real life
>Dropping in water when reaching terminal velocity can hurt you more than concrete.
>OP
>"LE LOK OW FAKE GAEMS ARRR!
>>
>>322154057

Our opinions differ. I feel that adding in those extra details would make the combat much more enjoyable. It would be better if it went more in-depth like the early fallouts combat feed which I thought was very charming.
>>
>>322154218
Mods fix it, but it doesn't need fixing because the assassin is too hard - his gear is leveled, so as long as you weren't retarded when making your character, you'd be fine.

It should be fixed because it doesn't make sense for the assassin to attack a 0 fame player.
>>
>>322150668
As a state police officer whose seen just about every way to die, hanging after cleansing your colen is the best eay to go. ODs always have froth on the lips, blue everywhere, and theyve thrashed around abit. What ever you do dont jump off and a bridge and dont slash your wrists.
>>
>>322155562
Why not helium after cleaning your colon?
>>
>travel with that hoptoad spell which makes you bunnyhop great distances
>miscalculate jump, miss my mark and go plummeting off a cliff
>land in water
>safe

>do it again another day
>pretty big fall but figure water will save me
>water walk spell is active
>break legs on impact
>>
>>322143828
You are mad.
>>
>>322155562
suicide with a long gun. Sure, it's fast and easy, but put yourself in shoes of people who will have to clean up the mess.
>>
>>322156352
People dont get that creative where I live, bit a colon always smells worse than a body.

>>322157023
Car Suicides are worse, most people who choose long gun set up tarp, or kill themselves in a side room. People in cars will go off a brigde and we got to shut down the highway while a crane fishes them up.
>>
>>322148130
>get off boat
>take a nap at the inn
>get attacked by ninja
>guards do nothing
>accidentally grab a mushroom sitting on the desk
>you n'wah!
>entire room goes hostile
>>
>>322145858
Surface tension.
>>
>>322150191
Exactly. It makes less sense that you can whack an enemy in the head with a giant warhammer while only slowly inching away at his health bar. If there were full animations for blocking, dodging, parrying, etc. this wouldn't even be an issue.
>>
File: examina axe in the neck.webm (2 MB, 552x494) Image search: [Google]
examina axe in the neck.webm
2 MB, 552x494
>>322158269
>>
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SoftWater&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiZ9oTcrofKAhULMz4KHZj3AJYQFggEMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHomckI9GDe8XkLyi3Qdr1-oxcwDQ
>>
>>322150668
some guy stuffed fuel nozzle into his anus and pulled "trigger". Hard to say, accident of suicide.
Possibly the most bizzare way to go I've heard of.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.