[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy GTA 5 >play it for 30 hours >quit >start up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 11
File: 1dad.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1dad.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>buy GTA 5
>play it for 30 hours
>quit
>start up SA:MP
>1000 hours played

Why is GTA V so boring?
>>
>>322143609
You're old and bitter and live through nostalgia.
>>
SA fags are the fucking worst.

You diehard fanboys are going to be playing that game for eternity.
>>
GTA Online is fucking painful in so many ways, most of the time because of the loading, and the other time because one guy drops out, it's done.
>>
GTA IV is still the best, most focused and has the most polished gameplay mechanics AND best written story and dialog

GTA V has yoga
>>
>>322143692
>>322143910

Sure nostalgia is a factor, but with GTA Online the whole LS just seems kind of empty. Sure you play on a map with 15 players, but everytime you accidentally bump into someone its just a shootout to the death.

I like SA:MP cause of the roleplaying, GTA Online doesnt have that.
>>
File: 1446988807884.png (120 KB, 492x591) Image search: [Google]
1446988807884.png
120 KB, 492x591
>>322144351

Isn't roleplaying caused by the community?
I'm sure there are servers out there dedicated to roleplaying.

What I dislike about gta v mp is the grind for everything.
>>
>>322144349
Too bad the characters suck.

Being a slav and Listening to Nico is just painful. It sounds like person who knows perfect english but tries super hard to suck at it.

Also car camera is a bitch, maybe I just dont like Liberty City as much as i hoped I would, just seems depressing.
>>
>>322144349
also has my favorite online. There is no rp like in samp but the deathmatch and race modes were great plus things like cops 'n crooks and team mafia work holy shit i could play this for days straight but its dead forever now due to trainer fags rip
>>
I always buy the monkey mask for Franklin in that heist :3
>>
SAMP is better than any GTA. The most underrated PC game ever.
>>
>>322144550
>Isn't roleplaying caused by the community?

It def is, Im not informed about GTA V RP - servers, like I said I waste my time on San andreas RP.

I kind of enjoy grinding if it has a meaning to it, Like character development.

Being handed everything at the start gets boring really, really fast.
>>
>>322143998
But when it goes right its one of the best games I have ever played.
Especially with my friends.
It's shame really.
>>
>>322144557
He sounds like fucking walugi.
>>
>>322144762
Too bad its dying. There are some impressive visual mods that you can download but I guess most people are just trigger happy and want to fuck stuff up 20 seconds into the game.
>>
Deathmatch isn't so bad on GTAV, but I've only played my buddy's copy. Wouldn't personally want to spend money on the rest of the game when I only enjoy the part worth a fraction of the cost. Uncharted Multiplayer, though? Now that's a fun TPS.
>>
>>322145021
And the phonecalls in and out of missions are just too much to handle. I know you can disable your phone, but cmon...
>>
>>322144869
Sure its fun with friends, but you never really do anything productive, you just fuck around, theres no consistency. Its fun for 2 hours a week.
>>
>>322145031
>SAMP is dying
>dying
Try MTA?
>>
File: rTWDmuc.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
rTWDmuc.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>mfw i live in an age where kids have grown up and actually enjoy GTA IV

Jesus fucking christ. I've also read that people think Assassin's Creed 1 is a good game.

I'm old, /v/... old enough to remember that those games fucking suck. But since we've reached a point where people enjoy those games in comparison to their sequels (which I've never played, mind you..) then we've truly reached an age of darkness.

When meme indie games are the best this world has to offer, why does an old codger like me still stick around?

This is it, /v/... goodbye. Enjoy the shitty games. I'm out.
>>
>>322144807
There are RP servers in V. You saying a game is boring just because you're too lazy to find things on your own is pretty childish
>>
I just bought gta sa because my laptop cant run the newer ones. there is multiplayer for it?
>>
>>322145273
Its not really about trying new servers as I dont feel like grinding again for 1000 hours.

The playerbase is simply shrinking.

I play mostly on SARP and SLRP.
Theyre light-medium RP which is fine since I like to take it easy.
>>
>>322145495
Assassin creed 1 was unpolished but you know not bad and sure they took the series in the wrong direction, but 2 was good.
>>
>>322143609
>play gta o
>it's OK
>hack in infinite money
>it's fun
Thanks jews
>>
>>322145495
The only semi recent game I enjoyed was Far Cry 3.

I dont even know which Assassins creed 15 is out now. I played the first one to about half of the storyline and just quit cause those time attack missions sucked so much cock.
>>
>>322145809
lmao
>>
>>322145495
>I'm... alone.... older... better... i have seen... things... i understand... you do not...

Just fuck off you fucking cunt. I don't like GTA IV but you're fucking pathetic thinking you're alone on that opinion because you're from some long lost age. You're actually fucking pathetic. Seriously.
>>
>>322145498
Feel free to show me the way o great one, I will be thankful since I feel like I wasted my money buying GTA V.
>>
>>322145253
>you just fuck around,
Isn't that kinda the point?
>>
>>322145152
Yeah I wish they got a real serb actor. I'm sure there are a few and needed the work.
I liked Niko and his back story though.
I thought it was original and it was fun stabbing Armenians and Russians in the street.
They should have made him less apologetic and more I don't give a fuck
>>
>>322146037
Just as pathetic as people who say games are better purely off nostalgia
>>
>>322145713
Sure is, its been popular for a while now.

doubleudoubleudoubleudot sa-mp dot come
>>
>>322146037
And you know he is like 23 and thinks he is a 90s kid becauseb his older brother had a ps1
>>
I loved the single player in GTA5 but the multiplayer kind of sucks. Too much grind the loadings are extremely long on consoles.
>>
>>322146054
Yeah, until you fuck in every possible direction and you get bored cause theres nothing substantial to do.
>>
>>322146297
>Too much grind
Literally just say gib mone hackers and get infinite cash
>>
>>322146396
Same with SA
Same with ANY gta
>>
>>322146116
>They should have made him less apologetic and more I don't give a fuck

So it wasnt just me, thinking hes trying to be a perfect little angel.
>>
>>322146297
Loads are atrocious.

>join job
>2+ minute load
>failed to join job
>2+ minute load
>could not connect to lobby, joining new lobby
>2+ minute load
>>
>>322143609

If only the multiplayer mod wasn't shut down, maybe then we could have something like SAMP again. That was what I was hoping GTA V online would be like, it failed to deliver though.
>>
>>322146440

I dont think there are hackers on PS4.
>>
>>322146245
Not the anon, but Im 24 and I owned a PS1, its not as old of a console as you might think.

When my PS1 broke I just bought a 2 so I could play my PS1 games on it, but sony took the whole console in a shit direction, so that ended my console gaming experience altogether.
>>
>>322146038
I gotchu senpai, it's a bit of work to and you have to dl some file, but there's a 100 man server with constant regulars that do nothing but RP. It's all done via steam groups too so dont worry about shady files. Gimmie like 5m, i'm on my phone.
>>
File: ENOUGH.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>322146742
>>
>>322146742
>implying
And
>playing gta V on consoles now that it is on pc
>>
File: FiveManothershittydrift.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FiveManothershittydrift.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322143609

Friendly remind that r* and take2 killed both fivem and gta:mp, the sucesors of mta sa and SA:MP
>>
You know what I really hate about modern GTAs? Is that engine they used for GTA4 and up. They sacrificed controls and responsiveness for the sake of ultra realism. For every little thing you do it takes forever. Your character feels like a tank. Going uphills, stairs, climbing, everything is so fucking slow and clunky.
>>
>>322146596
>wait 10 minutes for a heist to start.
>faggot host has left

Arhhhhh!
>>
>>322146539
Well I dont know SA:MP seems different to me cause it mimics a real life scenario as close as it could.

With a hunger system and being able to play with 100 people on the same map, the whole game just feels like it has a heart.
>>
>>322146915
This was only a problem in 4
Its a lot better in 5
>>
>>322146696
>That was what I was hoping GTA V online would be like

My thoughts exactly
>>
>>322146915

>standing on ledge
>press back
>my character has to do the whole turn around thing realistically and takes a step forward first
>fall of a cliff or building and die
>>
>>322147042
Yeah but they got rid of the awesome physics.
Nothing made me smile like kneecapping fleeing people.
>>
File: FiveMshittydrift.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FiveMshittydrift.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322146912

RIP FIVEM
>>
>>322146915
YES, AGREE 100%

>want to throw a punch
>press button
>10 seconds later the guy swings

I keep thinking Im lagging half the time cause the responses are so slow.
>>
>>322146912
I'm still fucking pissed about that shit.

It was literally a 'hey, those guys are having fun making use of the game core! We can't allow that.' moment, all because they KNOW this would kill their pathetic excuse for multiplayer mode.

I eventually do hope in another two years time when hopefully GTAO is dead on the water, the GTAMP devs release their source code so someone can pick it up. I'd say hopefully they could stay slightly 'underground' and not attract much attention but Mr.GenericLetsPlayerYouTube will just bandwagon on it for views.
>>
Another thing that pisses me off about GTA 5

>shit gameplay
>has cool graphics
>want to take cool snapshots
>getoutphonefromvagina.mp4
>not being able to move while using the camera
>sometimes black screen appears instead of photo
>need to upload it to SC
>600x400 resolution
>have to install 3rd party to cap pictures

They couldnt have fucked it more up if EA paid them.
>>
are there any mods for SA that aren't graphical that I should get besides multiplayer?

ALso is there a way to take the little green auto aim off and just have the reticule when I aim? I use a controller if that matters
>>
>>322148669
So what youre saying is that you want to cheat?
>>
do cops still appear out of thin air when you're wanted in single player?
>>
gtav was a good game. but the old ps2 games are better because of FUCKING MILLIONS OF CHEAT CODES. seriously rockstar what the fuck
>>
>>322148997
I dont play single player, In online they appear a block away and drive in circles around the location where you reked someone
>>
Who else /lsrp/
>>
>>322149117
How there's no riot code is fucking beyond me
>>
>>322150392
/sarp/ but recently changed to /slrp/ since admins are good friends.
>>
>>322150392
>>322150503
Can you anons give some insight on the type of RP you guys do on that server? Are there gunfights and stuff? Pretending to live life? I'm curious
>>
SA:MP has actual servers. It has admins and anti-cheat. Plus there are tons of server types, and for once it actually has RP servers that aren't mega-cringe tier.

GTAV online is just so slapped together. They add shitty expansions and do nothing about hackers and exploiters, then have the fucking balls to try and get people to buy their ingame money for real cash.

Now 9/10 times you play V online you will explode walking down the street or a hacker will remove all your weapons.
>>
>SA:MP

Is it good? I wanted to download it and try it, but i think i need to download a bunch of extra mods just to play on a server.
>>
Where can I download gta sa mp? Do I need to buy the game for it?
>>
>>322143692
got em
>>
>>322143609
Because there are no options to change servers or customize a session like GTA IV. I played GTO for 200 but Im pretty sure I had double that for SAMP and GTAIV
>>
>>322145495
Shut up faggot.
GTA IV was fine, go get parkinsons you fat old piece of shit.
>>
>>322146912
>tfw we wont be able to make races with a far superior track maker

Holy shit the GTA O map maker is fucking bad. What am I saying its a glorified item and checkpoint placer,
>>
>>322143609
>pirate GTAV twice
>installing and configuring takes half a day every time
>missions are bugged to shit
>uninstall

why is GTAV so hard to pirate?
>>
>>322145935
>hehe I hacked out any replay value the game has!

Okay... Congratulations?
>>
>>322145495
I love GTA 4, fight me grandpa.
>>
>>322150723
Sure, you pick a RP name like Andrew_Simmons,
your character develops their own story based on the rp you do with others. Based on the servers you join factons like lspd sast, fmd etc or join a family or ride solo, whatever you like. YOu earn money, you buy houses and cars, weapons and drugs. You go to jail for 15 minutes if cops catch you with any illegals.

Most of the rp you do with /me, /do, /ame
>/me farts
>/do you would smell a rancid odor coming from my butthole
>/ame after my initial fart I would feel I shat my pants a bit in the process

You have scripted jobs/cars/houses/sprunk.

Some servers have more script, some focus just on rp, whatever suits your tastes
>>
File: 4MiTXI-21rfL.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (117 KB, 878x522) Image search: [Google]
4MiTXI-21rfL.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
117 KB, 878x522
>>322144557
>Also car camera is a bitch
The only contrast between IV's camera and V's is that V forgot to add an option for turning off ebrake snap, which is super awful.. albeit, not so much with a mouse.

Niko seems entertaining because he deals with his problems -- unlike CJ -- until he gets up the totem enough that he can't anymore. It's possible that CJ couldn't risk Tenpenny having backup on watch, but nothing makes it seems so.
>>
>>322151789
>social club
>>
>>322151789
you're just incompetent. just use Steam like every other shitforbrains autist out there.
>>
>>322145967
>woah dude like mushrooms brah gnarly
>like shrillex is so badass lol gotta burn that weed bro oh no I got high again lol
>oh trippy island natives dude o dang I'm hallucinating now brahhhhh

Gunplay was decent but enemy AI was pretty shit and the writing and characters were just unbearably lazy. 4 was better just by virtue of Ajay shutting his goddamn mouth.
>>
>>322145495
>Can't actually criticize the game with anything
>>
>>322152596
When you play SA you feel like you live the hood life, when you play gta 4 you feel homesick.

Sure, one man vs all is daring, but I dont feel like it could ever happen in real life, just some serb fucking up everything.

Whiel CJ rose to the occasion. I must admit that late missions stretched it but the gang missions were love.
>>
>>322152785
>Vaas

I think were done here.
>>
File: trb.webm (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
trb.webm
2 MB, 600x338
>>322147042
IV's characters control better than V's. V has acceleration on switching directions, and it's pretty unresponsive.

The controls also stick for both characters and vehicles.
>>
>>322144351
>GTAO doesn't have RP

Completely fucking wrong. Your opinion goes into the trash.
>>
>>322154071
mind providing proof?

ANd Im not talking about inviting 6 of your friends to play with you.

Im taking instances where you met a random player which didnt turn into a gunfight
>>
>>322148669
>mods
Plenty. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gta+v+best+mods

The controller menu has options for auto-aim.

>>322148997
Yes, but mods.

>>322153084
>when yo u play gta 4 you feel homesick
Wot.

Granted, there's the gym, gang wars, graffiti, low riders, and robbing houses, among others, but V doesn't have that either.
>>
>>322154398
There's entire massive communities on the GTAO forum devoted to RP. There's a huge RP community. They're usually not going to just be chilling in free roam where people are rolling around in tanks and shooting shit up in jets though.
>>
>>322153191
>run-of-the-mill "wacky psychopath" character
>oh no he kills people for no reason! I've never seen this exact character before a million fucking times!
>Big reveal that he's Citras brother, never plays into the story afterwards.
>dies 2/3 through the game and is never mentioned again then replaced with an even more bland villain

What mind-boggling character development!
>>
i 100% gta v in like 45-50 hours
it was 60gb well spent

my experience with GTAO is so shitty that I never want to deal with it again
>>
>>322154554
What I meant with homesick is that you dont have any backup, but your worthless cousin.
>>
>>322154621
See thats the problem I have with GTAO, in samp you manage to chill with 20 people in pizza stack without somene pulling a gun on you.
>>
>>322154798
>figure out the fact that hes not really a bad guy

Pretty good twist.
>>
File: Skaarj v11 - Falling Feathers.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Skaarj v11 - Falling Feathers.webm
3 MB, 854x480
It's a shame that MTA didn't get as popular as SAMP back when it mattered.
>>
bomp
>>
File: 1447255736346.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447255736346.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>play GTA V
>think it's okay-ish to decent
>it must be doing something right though because I played through all the main missions
>start multiplayer
>it's a complete clusterfuck
>don't touch it after 3 hours
>>
>>322145495
I am 47 years old and thoroughly enjoyed GTA 4,that having played each and every game in the series on release.
>>
>>322148176
This

Fucking horseshit.

>gta sa camera
>picture is saved at whatever resolution you were playing,only downside being the horribly compressed jpg shit tier quality that I have to admit ruined the pictures

>gta v
>no more shit tier compresion at the cost of the shit tier resolution

God fucking damn it,phones IRL take pictures at resolution like 3000x2000 or whatever the fuck,why did Rockstar add that piece of shit res ?
>>
Did anyone else really like 5? I thought it was awesome and had the best single player just do to its mission variety

i still like the more advanced physics of 4 though
>>
>>322159525
Consoles.
>>
>>322159525
>>322160406
Also, their image hosting probably
>>
>>322160406
I play on PC and this things happens
>>
>>322161035
The game was originally on prev-gen consoles, which is probably why the res is low.
>>
>>322161461
Oh I know why it slow, cause Rockstar doesnt have enough servers to support enough pictures.

Pretty simple, pretty shitty.
>>
>>322162093
They could limit the size of uploads.

It being originally a console game seems plenty of reason why the res is limited.
>>
>>322162827
They do limit it, aswell as shrink the resolution.

Jews man...Now I have to install 3rd parts and take double the picture amount.

NOT FUN
>>
>>322143998
>GTA Online is fucking painful in so many ways, most of the time because of the loading, and the other time because one guy drops out, it's done.
Fucking this
>set up heist lobby
>wait 40 minutes for 3 guys to join
>start mission
>one guy does some stupid shit and dies like a retard
>he leaves after he dies
>back to waiting 40 minutes for another guy
>>
>>322163569
Its not fair that you need 6 friends that you can pull of a heist in piece,

It shouldve been scripted as a real scenario, not a COD lobby
>>
File: isis-execution.jpg (81 KB, 1024x567) Image search: [Google]
isis-execution.jpg
81 KB, 1024x567
>People actually play GTAV without actual friends
>>
>>322163179
English not your first language?
>>
>>322145495
>Jesus fucking christ. I've also read that people think Assassin's Creed 1 is a good game.

bye.
>>
>>322164717
This is the actual downfall of the game, I dont buy the same games as my friend or rather my friends play on prev gen consoles

We can safely assume that every modern multilayer game requires IRL friends on same platforms to play the game as it was intended

RIP internet, this is the age of LAN and CO-OP
>>
>>322165313
Nah, im just really drunk cause new years, also not my first language, like third.

radio is really nice on GTA V tho, at least something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXiAOUTlbs
>>
>>322165553
>Psycho
True dat
>>
>>322143609
>buy gta for 35€
>play campaign for 50 hours
>spend 20 hours in multiplayer
>70 hours of gametime
>feel pretty satisfied
>>
>>322146773
I'm interested in this too.
>>
>>322166712
Meanwhile you spend 1000 hours on a game you play for free.

Just kinda doesnt seem worth it yknow.
>>
C R A Z Y B O B S

I played for YEARS on that server. I haven't been on Crazybobs or SAMP period in like three years. Does SA run in Win 10?
>>
I dislike how there is a strong incentive to not just fuck around online which is all I want to do.
>>
>>322143609
It's one of the best games on the market. If you don't like it your opinion is trash.
>>
>>322166997
No idea actually, I run win 7 cause 10 is pretty much 100% botnet even with the shady files.

But I bet it works since the SAMP community never complains about windows versions
>>
Is there any chance of a major price drop by summer for PC? I already own it on 360 but don't play consoles anymore and want to get it again because I never played online. But $36 for a digital copy of a 2 year old game is insane.
>>
>>322167069
Maybe go play a FPs or something
>>
>>322167462
You mean like summer steam sale, it would drop to 30€, so thats like what 15% decrease.
>>
>>322153883
>that fps
>calls it unresponsive.
Or maybe it's your shitty laptop?
>>
Is it just me or are the cops way more annoying in GTA V? I don't even bother stealing cars any more because you're guaranteed to get the cops on you and it takes forever to lose even 1 star.
>>
>>322167127
>standard COD player

Expand your horizons
>>
>>322169857
There is a tactic on gta

Cops circle around the crime area, so if you speed out of the crimezone new cops will quickly spawn around you, you just gotta lay low in the crime area till the cops lose interest.
>>
>>322167127
>auto-aim gamemodes
Something's trash.
>>
>>322167462
It's $30 on key sites
>>
>>322168925
>taking video of a screen can look funny
OK.

>>322169857
>>322170607
You can switch cars, and it sets the character to hidden status. They only reagress if they're really close.
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.