[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow, so this came out of nowhere. Honestly, this is probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: rainbow-six-siege.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rainbow-six-siege.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
Wow, so this came out of nowhere. Honestly, this is probably one of the best tactical shooters I've played in years.

Can we talk about this game?
>>
File: 1450031016394.jpg (47 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
1450031016394.jpg
47 KB, 800x581
I've really been enjoying it, but it seems to have underperformed in sales a bit unfortunately, and I just don't think it's healthy for the industry for great, niche games like this to just flop.

It released with a whimper and release sales were pretty abysmal, lthough positive WoM is definitely helping it pick up steam and get some respectable numbers. Real shame about the PC sales though, it's at 1m+ on consoles but under 300k on steam. I thought a niche tactical shooter like this would really get a following on PC. Too busy playing Counter Strike?
>>
No amount of shilling will make the game not dead.

Granted, its fantastic, but if i actually paid money for it i'd be furious due to the fact that its near impossible to find ranked matches and normal matches take way longer than they should.

Like how i did with Battlefield Hardline after like a month or two.
>>
>>322128891
PC already has a dearth of tactical shooters though. Even me personally, I'm intrigued by this game, but I'm not going to blow $40+ on it when I have RO/RS, Insurgency, ARMA, etc. etc.
>>
>>322129256
don't know about ranked but casual takes <20 seconds 90% of the time
>>
>>322129292
>PC already has a dearth of tactical shooters though.
On a large scale sure, but nothing on a small scale since SWAT 4.
>>
>>322129396
yes if you want in a match fast look for casual otherwise be ready for 5minute wait time looking for ranked games.

other note, the whole leaning and head barely above objects but they can shoot is very annoying. You barely see a person but kill cam shows them leaning so far they are almost laying in the hallway.
>>
>>322129482
And none of those games have destructible terrain either, but the question is at what point is it different enough? For consolefags I'm sure this scratches an itch but on PC it's just one more, albeit pretty unique tactical shooter.
>>
>>322128891
It's not a very good game. It's about as casual as a tactical shooter can get. I was very disappointed when I played it at a friends. I just kept noticing poor design choices, the massive amounts of HUD letting you know goddamn everything, felt more call of duty with a hint of tactical.
>>
>>322128601
Oh look, the daily Siege shilling thread.
>>
>>322129831
And name one that is better and still has an active community. Siege is better than SWAT4

It's not that it's too casual (because it isn't at all), it isn't casual enough. People eat up casual shit like CSS, CSGO, Ark, Rust, H1Z1, etc.
>>
>>322130314
Insurgency. Easy.

I get what you saying though, no one really has done a good job at it. I'm just saying I didn't enjoy it. Opinions differ.
>>
Do I need a good rig to play this?
>>
>competitive tacticool shooter
>uses p2p connections

yeah no thanks
>>
>>322128601
I wish the servers would stop shitting themselves over the holiday. I was having so much fun as Smoke and Glaz

>>322130234
reeeee
>>
The game is good, its servers on the other hand are not.

There are people complaining all over because of crappy server issues that Ubisoft has taken point of, but decided to just shutdown ranked play for 2 fucking weeks because of the devs going to town while the server are broken.

Unisoft is killing any potential this game have
>>
>>322128891
>>322128601
s h i l l
>>
>20 tick
>p2p
>p2w bullshit
>dead
>full price
>ubishit
a game for the ages, truly
>>
>>322132912
>The game is good, its servers on the other hand are not.
This, I get sick of waiting 5 minutes to find people, and another couple to load into a game.
And they really need to implement some kind of punishment system for team kills. It's fucking ridiculous that you can spawn, and instantly kill a teammate with no punishment.
>>
>>322132304
no, it runs really well on most rigs
>>
>>322128891
>Too busy playing Counter Strike?

Too busy not buying the game on Steam, along with everyone else I know
>>
>>322132067
I have 500h in Insurgency and it does not compare to Siege. They are completely different games.
>>
>>322133389
>p2w bullshit
(you)
>>
>>322128601
Yeah i was surprised at how much fun the game actually is. The worst thing about it is fucking Ubisoft. They pretty much ruined the launch and put unnesesary micropayments in which scares alot of people off.
>>
>>322129678
Nobody's going to play ranked in a game with no anticheat/shoddy netcode

>>322133389
Source: the Federal Bureau of my ass
>>
>>322133613
This.

Siege is much similar to a tactical shooter like Swat/RB6 than Insurgency is. Insurgency just feels like another variation of CS/BF, just with more emphasis on 'realism'.
>>
it really is fantastic and reminds me why i played rainbow six 3 multiplayer

i just wish the netcode was improved
>>
>>322134157
>>322133807
how much does ubi pay this time of year?
>>
I'm having a lot of fun with it.

If only Ubisoft would take the time to fix the fucking servers.
>>
>>322128601
>>322128891

It's an interesting game blanketed in a pile of Ubishit. Their handling of bugs and latency issues, reported even since alpha and hardly touched on since then, is going to kill this game prematurely.

No matter how much they want this game to be "competitive", it's not going to work if they use 20 tick servers and kill off any enthusiasm for the game with infinite queues and a broken reward system (as in, you don't get rewards because of "synchronizing" issues)
>>
>>322134470
The PC version has 60 tick servers since the patch. Consoles are still stuck on 30.
>>
I really liked the game when it worked. Since Christmas the servers have been awful and recently Nvidia update reduced the games performance drastically. I recommend staying with update 358.91 atleast if you're using gtx970
>>
i played the free weekend
shit should be priced $19.99
>>
Reminder that they made this totally not staged Tatcicool video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlvYh0h63k
>>
File: 1430686139146.jpg (47 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1430686139146.jpg
47 KB, 500x382
>p2p multi

into the trash
>>
>>322134773

It was an exaggeration, but 60 is still too low if they want a competitive game. Even CS:GO is at 120 tick servers now.

Not that it matters if people can't connect to the servers in the first place.
>>
>>322136114
>Matches are hosted on dedicated servers.
>The only p2p is in custom matches and LAN matches
>>
I got this game with my graphics card, but I don't have the hdd space to download it.

Should I find room or am I really not missing much?
>>
>>322136631
So you're telling me I have to pay for custom matches and Lan play?
>>
>>322136334
It's only temporary.

It's a good game but it honestly feels like it's late stage early access
>>
>>322136787
It's a good game, just not worth $60. I'd be interested in getting that key for a friend if you wanted to trade something for it
>>
File: Operator.jpg (529 KB, 2047x1353) Image search: [Google]
Operator.jpg
529 KB, 2047x1353
I dislike the characters and the weapons they get

Everyone seems to get every other countries weapons except for the Russians

I don't want a shitty G36 and I don't want to play as FBI, call me when they add delta (which was advertised in the trailer)
>>
>>322128601
>Can we talk about this game?
I wish i could but my laptop is too weak to run it.
>>
>>322137240
>the shit tier fucking sights on literally every non russian weapon

jesus christ
>>
>>322134050
>They pretty much ruined the launch and put unnesesary micropayments in which scares alot of people off.

You mean the keep the game clean of skinfags.
Based Ubisoft.

Go back to CS.
>>
>>322128891
>underperformed in sales a bit
maybe if they didn't charge 60 fucking dollarinos for a multiplayer only game plus a 30 dollar season pass which only fucking unlocks shit a week earlier plus le bonus exp xDDD

they might not be in this predicament
>>
>>322137240
Delta is being added next year as part of the free DLC

>>322136787
The pricing of the game is incredibly too high so if you have a key I'd say yes
>>
>>322137843
>Tfw there are no skins for this game on the steam market place
This would have been an actual game I enjoy where I could try making some dosh off of people spending on digital skins
>>
File: re911.jpg (59 KB, 896x921) Image search: [Google]
re911.jpg
59 KB, 896x921
>>322137819

>triangle red-dot

do i aim with the middle of the triangle or the top pointy?

WHY CANT THEY JUST CHANGE IT TO A FUCKING DOT
>>
Haven't had much problem with finding players on ps4, and the netcode's vastly improved since the last update, so I really dont have anything to complain about.

It's fun, not too tacticool, social, and just enough to want to play this over most shooters out now.

Kinda sucks that sales weren't too great
>>
>>322138013
I don't know man, I tried just using iron sights instead and I couldn't see fuck all
>aim at terrorist
>wait did he mo--
>BANGBANGBANGBANG
>half my health is gone
>aim again
>still can't see shit
>BANG BANG BANG
>dead
>he was directly in front of me 20 ft ahead
>>
>>322136813
No, it's 4free
>>
>>322137843
I dont give a fuck about skins, what pisses me off is that you can unlock every class and every weapon attachment with just paying for it with real money. And i have put a decent amount of time into the game and did unlock everything by just playing it, but new players who are lazy are just gonna unlock everything, fuck up, get pissed at the game because they are bad and just abandon it.
>>
>>322128601
>this is probably one of the best tactical shooters I've played in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJV8RcyKqbQ

You must not have played any FPS in years.
>>
>>322132912
This. I would have bought this and added to the population but ubishit kept me away.
>>
>>322128601
Honestly, the only FPS more casual than this is Counter Strike.

Complete garbage.
>>
>>322138270
>you can unlock every class and every weapon attachment with just paying for it with real money

no you cant
you can get the new operators coming in 2016 instantly with season pass and thats it

and i dont see at all how this affects the game
you are simply retarded because it has microtransaction in the game despite its only for skins that no one cares about
>>
>>322130314
R6 Vegas 2
>>
I just don't get why it has the rainbow 6 name. It's like buying the rights to Duke Nukem and making a Sims knockoff. The hell are these people thinking?
>>
>>322128601
The mind games and groupthink you develop over the course of a session with your squad is one of the high-points in game design this year. It's like driving in the sense that it doesn't work unless all drivers have unspoken rules they agree on. Once you figure that stuff out it's a fun experience to at least mess around on in bursts.
>>
>>322137967
>plus a 30 dollar season pass which only fucking unlocks shit a week earlier plus le bonus exp xDDD
How is that a bad thing? It's a niche game and they can make money to support sequels by having retards without a lick of patience waste $30 on the season pass.

The unlock times are not unreasonable or out of the ordinary in any way and not having the season pass doesn't lock you out of content or punish you in any way.
>>
Would have been a good game, but no single player campaign and shit servers utterly ruin it. Also, the progression system is practically free to play tier, which is what the game probably should be. If I hadn't gotten the game for free I certainly would not have paid $60 for this.
>>
>>322138513
What difference does it make? The name bothers you that much? It's a part of "Siege" as a sub-series.
>>
>>322138270

>Ubisoft out of all companies does season pass and microtransactions right for once
>WHOA GUYS ITS SO SHIT WHY DO THEY DO THIS ME
>WHY DONT THEY JUST LOCK ME OUT OF CONTENT AND SHIT FUCKING UBISOFT

ok
>>
>>322137967
Having shit a week early puts you at an extreme advantage in this game. Operators can change the entire meta game if they're on the field. You're going to end up with a week of rape which is arguably worth it.
>>
>>322138459
You know you can literally buy in game currency with real money right?
>>
>>322138642

yeah, it does. When your favorite series gets a new game and it has fuck all to do with anything before it it's a bit annoying.
>>
>>322138742
>i have not played the game the post
ok
>>
>>322138931
FF Tactics is nothing like the main FF series and it's accepted. Your autism for what a sub-series should and shouldn't do seems like the issue here.
>>
>>322138779
Adapt and overcome, same as always.
>>
>>322139084
In fact, it's the best game in the series.
>>
>>322138793

You realize the currency you can buy and the currency you earn in game are different right? And that there is only one currency that buys operators right? And that currency is the one that you earn through playing right?
>>
>>322138640
No single player sucks but it probably would have been as bad as the cancelled R6 game looked
>>
>>322138931
You pick operators, weapons, have a preparation phase, find out info via equipment and breach and clear.

This is the closest we've gotten to R6 since Raven Shield.
>>
>>322138337
that's footage from the fucking alpha
>>
>>322139554
Yep and they still haven't fixed it.
>>
>>322133389
What p2w?
>>
>>322139625
it's still not perfect but it's nowhere near as bad as that vid and it's perfectly playable for now
>>
>>322139371
This, the demo for patriot looks horrible.
>>
>>322135887
One thing to take away from the trailer is if your team isn't communicating with each other, you're fucked.
>>
>>322133389
>p2w
>20 tick

You just pastad this from an overwatch thread really.
>>
File: 6Fbn1l2.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
6Fbn1l2.webm
2 MB, 720x404
Post webms
>>
https://youtu.be/rWZwCsQfuvI
>>
>people using the word niche

but they catered to ease and casuals

if you deny this I'm not sure what is going through your mind
>>
>>322139984
Sometimes you're fucked anyway because people are so fucking retarded they can't follow simple instructions
>game deciding match
>clocks ticking down
>I die, last person on team left alive is the fag we've been carrying the whole time
>Thankfully he's in connected room to the bomb room, completely barricaded inside
>only one enemy left alive, has no idea where he is, and only 5 seconds left on the clock
>several teammates tell him to stay put
>he runs to the barricade and just starts beating it, giving away his position
>gets killed and costs us the game
>insists it's not his fault, and that we're just try hards
>>
>>322140576
It's real easy to tell who ITT hasn't played the game
>>
>not just making Rainbow Vegas 3

Lost out on money. Dumb fuckers.

The customization and fuckery in that was worth it.
>>
>>322140672
Is it? It's kind of retarded for idiots to use the word niche after I played the betas. It's a dumbed down experience meant to cater to idiots who play BF and CoD. Niche would have been sticking to their guns and keeping it tacticool.
>>
>>322140576
Casuals are finding the game too hard though.
Give Fuze and Thatcher to some random online and you'll end up with a dead hostage.
>>
>>322139831
Yeah, people are still complaining in the steam forums about how horrible it is. Glad I never bought this piece of shit.
>>
>>322140576
They did and they didn't

I feel like how easy it is to detect enemies through walls caters to casuals but at the same time it makes the game harder because you've got to be aware of the enemy doing it to you as well. Siege is a weird FPS, it's AAA but it actually has substance and isn't overtly dumbed down and trying to appeal to CoD kids. I think they are actually appealing to CSGO kids instead.
>>
>>322140840
>after I played the betas

Annnnd we're done here
>>
File: seige.jpg (153 KB, 465x640) Image search: [Google]
seige.jpg
153 KB, 465x640
The meta game is the exact opposite of casual.
>>
>>322140857
This

Casuals are slowly dropping this game, you can attribute this to the low sales.

Unless anon can find a better word than niche for the target audience.
>>
>>322140708
>Wanting another console cover shooter with people running around in bright purple and green

pls no. The PC port was so shit as well
>>
>>322140708
Maybe your money

Vegas was good but there's only so far you can take a gears of war clone.
>>
>>322140913
Because they make those posts in a fit of rage right after they get bullshitted by the netcode. I've done it here myself. In reality most of the time the netcode isn't an issue. Obviously it still needs work but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>322140708
What is there to follow after the ending of Vegas 2?
>>
>>322141328
Just let anon spew his blind meme hatred based on the opinions of mad reddit manchildren.
>>
>>322141496
I've actually played the game so I know first hand how shit the netcode is. In fact, I actually enjoyed the core gameplay, but the netcode completely ruined it for me.

I'd pick the game up on sale for $10 or something, but it's going to be dead by then. Casual games like these don't last.
>>
>>322140962
You bet. Especially if you think I'd have paid for the full experience. Arguing with a retard who bought the game is hard because he's going to keep insisting his money is well spent.
>>
>>322141751
>casual
>>
>>322141957
Not as casual at CSGO, sure, but definitely casual.
>>
>>322141834
>Arguing with a retard who bought the game is hard because he's going to keep insisting his money is well spent.
Take it from me then, I got gifted the game in a giveaway, so no buyers remorse is even possible for me. It's absolutely not meant for people who play cod, in the sense that if you don't work with your team, you will not win. There is a big learning curve, figuring out how to best use each operator, and positioning is vital, especially knowing when to retreat and regroup.
>>
>>322142204
Well said

Game is good, surprised at how fresh it feels every time I play.
>>
>>322140576
Anon, you haven't played the game.
>>
>>322129292
>>322129482
>dearth
guys if you're not sure what a word means please look it up before using it
hint: it means the exact opposite of what you are trying to say
>>
>>322142123
make it less obvious my man
>>
>>322142343
I just wish it wasn't made by ubi. Servers are shit. And the game won't register my mic like 70% of the time, and I can't find a fix, it just chooses to work or not
>>
>>322142476
Oh, I forgot the kiddies on /v/ unironically play CSGO competitively. Not much different than Hearthstone really, just an FPS instead of a card game.
>>
>>322128601
You can't even see you're feet in first person, this game is trash
>>
>>322128601
lol this game takes a big fucking shit all over the tom clancy franchise, it's also class based instead of freeform kit building which is retarded. Fuck siege and fuck people like you who like it.
>>
>>322142343
>surprised at how fresh it feels every time I play.
This was actually surprising. I thought every match would play out exactly the same with people only using the same one or two strats but most matches play out completely differently
>>
>>322142693
i don't play that game, my go to FPS are Insurgency and RO2, and calling Siege casual is pants on head retarded
>>
>>322142767
I think that's because every round is a mad dash to pick your favorite operator. You don't always get to play the same one if you aren't quick enough, so it changes the play style
>>
>>322142867
I mean, it was designed for consoles. It's a slow-paced arcade shooter. It's about as casual as it gets.
>>
Are people in this thread seriously calling Siege casual?

Jesus christ, it's incredible the things newfriends will say to try to fit in.
>>
>>322143051
Don't be a mindless defence retard.

>>322142751
Amen
>>
>>322143148
You literally don't own and haven't played the game. You're just shitposting.
>>
>>322143004
>It's a slow-paced arcade shooter.
Do you just go into threads about games you haven't played and shitpost for fun?
>>
>>322143272
The beta is almost the same as the final game. They made zero changes and added new operators. Stop being a moron.
>>
>>322142751
t. My first Rainbow Six was Vegas 1
>>
>>322143004
wat
>>
>>322142909
That and playing with random people means you usually end up having to change the way you play to worth with different people
>>
>>322143425
They actually changed a great deal. Now play the game. Bye.
>>
>>322143319
I've played the game since alpha.
>>
>>322142651
>Servers are shit
Oh no I agree. I actually can't say anything bad about the game besides the shit tier servers that fail multiple times a day. It fucks with hitreg, it fucks with matchmaking, it fucks with everything.
>>
>>322143515
Lately I've been picking Sledge and kinda one manning it if the team is shitty. Knock down a wall, throw in a grenade, run to opposite side, repeat
>>
>>322139371
fuck I completely forgot about that
>>
>>322143594
So salty.
>>
>>322143641
Oh cool, can you screencap the game in your library then? With a timestamp of course
>>
>>322128891
It's made by fucking Ubisoft. Nobody wants to buy anything from Ubisoft, especially on PC since they've proven time and again that they don't care about PC. If they want their games to sell decently on PC maybe they shouldn't be total fucking asshats.

Also everyone was expecting it to be awful, because again, Ubisoft. Company reputation does count for something and a lot of companies don't seem to understand this. That and tactical shooters aren't exactly that large of a thing on consoles. I don't know if 1 million sales on consoles is good or bad for this kind of game but if it's low it's just because I don't think there's really an audience for this kind of game on consoles. And for PC the shit sales are because Ubisoft has burned all their bridges with PC over the last 10 years. People thought the game would suck and they also don't want to support Ubisoft.
>>
N00b here. I accidentally just Fused the hostage.
>>
File: B-but no one bought it.png (323 KB, 945x423) Image search: [Google]
B-but no one bought it.png
323 KB, 945x423
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
>>322143770
This fucking guy. You fucking dork.
>>
>>322140708
>vegas
>good

Wew lad, That gear of war clone was so good 10/10!
>>
File: 501298408121.png (802 KB, 1000x1448) Image search: [Google]
501298408121.png
802 KB, 1000x1448
>>322143806
Make sure you do the correct hand signal before you do, comrade.
>>
>>322128601
>Uplay
>$60
Dead on arrival.
>>
>>322143864
>saying things completely untrue about the game
>claim you've been playing it since the alpha
>n-no I'm not gonna prove it
>>
>>322143850
Isn't it literally the same price on steam right now?
>>
fyi you can still buy the game for 30 dollars if you just get a key off of ebay from people selling that nvidia promo thing.
>>
>>322144065
Want me to scan my driver's license too, retard?
>>
>>322143770
Like I said, I played in alpha, why would I buy this casual shit game after realizing that fact?
>>
>>322144176
It was actually like 40 on release on GMG, Steam only lowered the price during the sale.
Needless to say it being sold out on GMG a week after release shows the demand was particularly high for a "dead bad game"
>>
File: 2015-12-23_00001.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-23_00001.jpg
426 KB, 1920x1080
>>322143772
It's actually an ok PC port. Menus are good, lots of tweak options, intuitive controls. Performance could be better. I have the game maxed with 4k texture pack DLC and temporal AA on (gives me 10 fps boost) and I get 60 FPS most of the time but on Chalet it drops down to around 45 sometimes. Only that map.

But you are right about Ubisoft ruining the game's reputation before it even released.
>>
>>322143864
>>322144228
>>322144234
go home you fucking retard

jesus fuck
>>
>>322144228
That's nowhere near the same
>>322144234
>I've played since alpha
That's different than saying you played the alpha

Anyway, shitposters who haven't even played the game have fun, I'm gonna go play a few rounds
>>
>>322144234
First of all, they've changed a ton since the alpha /beta.

Second of all, I think you were expecting something different. It's a team-based tactical shooter.

Why don't you actually say your criqiues rather than just dismissing it as casual and shit after playing the alpha?
>>
>>322143772

Pretty much this. I had completely written off the game because "AAA shooter + ubisoft, it's gonna be shit." After watching videos of the game I'm actually interested but $60 is ridiculous. I'd buy it right now if it were $30.
>>
>>322143772
>>322144537
The devs actually said PC was the lead platform for Siege.
>>
>>322144815
Why do people have no issue with a $60 single player game, but they take issue with a multiplayer game with hundreds of hours of content that will be updated with free DLC for the next year?
>>
>>322129256
>game is dead

about 15,000 players daily

>>322128601
anyway, i feel the same way. I got it on sale for like $40, played it for about 15 hours and then told all my friends to get it. Now we play in 5's lobby and have a great time. I've already got like 50 hours now.
>>
>>322144815
I got it for 60$ and I while I liked it I wasn't sure I was going to get my money's worth. Only one gamemode and all that. But now I have 70 hours played already and I'm still playing it all day erry day and having a fucking blast
>>
>>322144685
>>322144693
I've played the alpha, closed beta and open beta. How has the game changed? The tickrate was increased and based on the forum posts and gameplay videos, the consensus is that it's still shit.

Being a casual piece of shit made for consoles with terrible netcode is all the critique I need to dismiss this game, really. If you like eating shit, that's your thing.
>>
>Rainbow 6
>came out of nowhere
>>
>>322144898
Real shame that PC players didn't buy it. Too busy playing meme games and indies. At least consoles picked up the slack.
>>
>>322144898
Yeah, Ubisoft has a great track record for their honesty.
>>
>>322144898
That means fuck all when you've shat on PC for the past 10 years. And it really doesn't mean anything these days regardless because there have been so many games that have said this and had it be a lie. But they'll blame it on PC people not wanting to buy games and not on PC people rightfully hating Ubisoft and dismissing the game because it's made by Ubisoft.
>>
>>322138013
Why don't you just buy Red-Dot Sight instead?
>>
>>322145072
"came out of nowhere" as in "everyone expected it to be shit"
>>
Question to all who liked this game

Have you played Vegas when it first came out?

I played the Alpha of this game, and it was such a casual pissbaby piece of shit in comparison, ESPECIALLY the terrorist hunt. Oh my lord.
>>
>>322133416
they did although i think its still a little iffy.
>>
>>322145361
Terrorist hunt felt tacked on. Not at all optimized.
>>
>>322145361
I've never played a Rainbow 6 game before.

TH is awful btw, bots are braindead and on Realistic difficulty they will aimbot you. Nobody I know plays that shit. Siege is PvP only to me.
>>
Love the gameplay, but I do miss the customization of Vegas (even though the gameplay of Vegas sucked ass).
It's also a little annoying that you cannot setup specifics of a match, only join a queue and get whatever the MM decides for you.
I cannot express enough my love for the devs including dedicated lean buttons as opposed to some console work-around like BF4 does.

The netcode needs a rework. The game needs dedicated servers if it's going to be taken seriously as a competitive game (like they devs said they want it to be).
>>
>>322144013
This. When it hits $20 I'll bite because I did enjoy the beta. But it's way overpriced for a multiplayer only game when there's so many similar games out there for less.
>>
>>322133389
>20 tick
It's 60 tick. It got updated recently.
>p2w
In what way? Unlock operators quicker?
>dead
I can play in a full game every time I play.
>full price
If you choose to pay full price.
>ubishit
Okay you got me there.
>>
>>322145675
You hit the nail on the head. When the 50% Steam sale comes there will be a resurgence of players. Let's just hope Ubishit can handle it.
>>
>>322129256
Find ranked on ps4 easily
>>
>>322145361
>Have you played Vegas when it first came out?
>3rd person tac shooter
>Use the cam to spot people while my face is buried deep in cover
Nah bro, that shit is ass.
>>
>>322145361
I liked vegas but it was casual as fuck. Terrorist hunt was just camping a window while the enemies came out one by one.
>>322145641
you can disable maps in the options
>>
>>322145641
>I cannot express enough my love for the devs including dedicated lean buttons as opposed to some console work-around like BF4 does.
Yes this so fucking much
>>
>play online
>little kids or mexican dude bros as teammates
10/10 would play again
>>
>>322145884
>you can disable maps in the options
I had no idea. Thank you for pointing that out.
>>
>>322145632

TH was the pinnacle of Vegas. Huge maps and actual smart AI.

You also customized your soldier pretty extensively, and created your own loadout, instead of fucking around with classes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgtqjHH60KE
>>
>>322145981
3,966 of 4,282 people (93%) found this review helpful
1,020 people found this review funny
>>
>>322138779
So it's pay2win?
>>
>>322145361
>talking about fucking VEGAS as if it's some kind of old-school hardcore classic
holy fucking shit, kill yourself right now
>>
File: 144091820581.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
144091820581.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>322145994
>actual smart AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Bc-crYAcI
>>
>>322146379
Customization was good. Class systems are shit.

Is this hard for your peanut brain to comprehend?
>>
>>322146168
Winning for week early? I guess.
>>
So Terrorist Hunt is shit? Are there any other co-op features like the old story modes?

That was my favorite part of the old ones.
>>
>>322145361
Vegas was a decent game for consoles at the time.
It shouldn't have been apart of the R6 franchise, I feel.
Cover shooter with regenerating health isn't what R6 is.
Not to mention the lack of tactical options in the single player. Only two squad mates and no customization apart from what weapons you can have.

But did that make it a bad game overall? Nah, just not a good R6 game.
I still had plenty of awesome games on the multiplayer and terrorist hunt.
Holding the vault area of Calypso Casino from intruders was a blast.
Putting tripwire in the elevators and rigging doorways with C4 was so much fun.

Siege is a step in the right direction for the R6 franchise, though it is plagued by modern practices like microtransations for weapons skins and moba like character unlocks.
>>
>>322146482
Customization is good but the fact that every operator has a unique ability in Siege adds hugely to the gameplay and is the reason it's the best team-based FPS I have ever played, apart from Red Orchestra.

Maybe if you could customize the operators it would be cool. I don't really care about customization anyway. I would like to choose what gun to use though. Like in Thatcher's pic he's holding a shotgun but he doesn't have a shotgun available to use.
>>
>>322146482
>Class systems are shit
Meanwhile people flipped out because the new Battlefront game has no classes, which the older games had.
>>
>>322147138
Battlefront is bad because of the lack of complex customization. It's simple. Everything in it is simple.
>>
>>322128601
>Uplay
shill elsewhere
>>
>>322146379
Uhh, I'm just comparing the two. Don't get your nuts in a knot and chill the fuck out.
>>
>>322147138
>battlefront
It's a completely different type of shooter
>>
File: 1448239078786.jpg (7 KB, 259x189) Image search: [Google]
1448239078786.jpg
7 KB, 259x189
Op says he's enjoying the game, and wants to talk about it.

/v/ responds with 'shill'.
Grow the fuck up guys.
>>
>>322146428

>Vegas 2

Nobody liked Vegas 2.
>>
>>322147483
>someone pops out of nowhere saying 'SHIT GAME IS AWESOME'

Of course he's gonna be told
>>
>>322145107
Yeah it's a good thing console-babies spread their asscheeks and took the massive dev cock up their anus.
PC players don't enjoy getting blacked like you do.
>>
>>322139762
Pay to win u fuckstack
>>
>>322145120
>That means fuck all when you've shat on PC for the past 10 years.
>last 2 AC games require expensive hardware to run good therefore all other Ubi games are shit ports too despite running perfectly fine

Ok.
Call me a shill, but you are just a shitposter.
>>
>>322147580
Have you played it?
>>
File: 1400084863723.jpg (89 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
1400084863723.jpg
89 KB, 594x395
>>322147398
>>
>>322147821
>using memes

oh boy
>>
>>322147896
Goal post moving isn't a fucking meme your moron, it's what your stupid ass does to justify how god damn stupid you are.
>>
>>322147896
>logical fallacies are now memes

Excellent. But seriously, the guy you responded to was absolutely right, are you going to address it or continue to shift around some more?
>>
>>322147487
everyone who played it loved it
>better maps
>all kinds of customization and rewards from leveling
>better game modes
>>
>>322147773
It's not just that. Look at the whole Watch Dogs thing with the thing in the config file saying "this is PC only, who cares" (and Watch Dogs being poorly optimized in general) or their insistence on a 90% piracy rate on PC, or most of their games being poorly optimized (though they're poorly optimized on console too I guess). Maybe they're trying to make up for this shit now but it's way too late and isn't going to turn around in one game.
>>
>2016
>People on /v/ defending Ubisoft

Have we been compromised?
>>
>>322148245
ubisoft is shit but siege is a cool game
>>
>>322128601
People are tired of Ubisoft's bullshit by now, at this point they could release the best game in history and still people wouldn't want to play it because of that. They dug their own grave
>>
>>322148245
Nobody is defending ubisoft. they are defending the game
>>
>>322146158
This Tbh fåm. I love maymay reviews on Steam. Extra points if there's meme arrows.
>>
>>322148294
Ubisoft is shit, getting a game with 4 people is a pain in the ass.

But I have 5-7 friends on at a time and this game is fun as fuck when it works. Especially ranked.
>>
>>322133565
>this

why would i buy it on steam when its going to open in fucking uplay anyway.

especially when i can get a uplay key for 30$ on a keysite
>>
Is it even worth playing if you dont have any friends who own it?
>>
>b-but /v/ told me i'm not alliwed to like it and I have to post memes and shit on it for no good reason
>if I don't what /v/ says I wont fit in on an anonymous image board and all the cool kuds wont accept me

Seriously

Kill

Yourselves
>>
>>322148820
Who are you quoting
>>
>>322148864
Your mom
>>
>>322148820
>please like my game... please? oh god ;-;

I'm sorry.
>>
>>322148567
i was pretty good for awhile, it was the only game id play for a couple weeks

the best is when both teams are really good and you have to hold off against 3 simultaneous breaches

>tfw you are in the room next to the hostage because you can't fit into the objective room with your 4 teammates
>3 enemies breach into your room at the same time and your teammates can't help you at all

NOT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE SUCKING THE HOSTAGES DICK
>>
File: zitboy.jpg (40 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
zitboy.jpg
40 KB, 500x271
>>322148820
>Defending anything
>>
>>322148940
I don't care if you like it or not. But if you don't like it, don't like it for actual reasons and not just a because of memes and shitposting.
>>
>>322149102
Why do you like it?
>>
File: 1400589453099.jpg (13 KB, 472x357) Image search: [Google]
1400589453099.jpg
13 KB, 472x357
>>322148803
not really but you can try the teamspeak server on the rainbow six general on /vg/

Operating with a 5 man team on teamspeak who are actually good at the game is just amazing. but solo queuing with pub retards is a shallow and haunting experience

>playing bomb with pubs
>castle reinforces the walls between the bombs
>kapkan puts his traps on the rooms where the bombs are
>someone takes Pulse and dies in the first minute
>someone takes IQ or Tachanka
>they don't use their mics
Wake me up inside
>>
File: 1432157147450.png (16 KB, 691x597) Image search: [Google]
1432157147450.png
16 KB, 691x597
>>322148975
I play Tachanka, exclusively.

>Dat feel when you pour hot metal down a hallway like its WW2
>bodies pile up, backwall riddled with holes

Man I love mounting that machine gun.
>>
File: 1451180846114.jpg (17 KB, 326x326) Image search: [Google]
1451180846114.jpg
17 KB, 326x326
>>322149410
>wasting kapkan traps on doors that need to be breached with explosions anyways.
>>
>>322149308
Because it is a good game.

It is fun to play, the gunplay is good, the destruction. No other game makes my heart race as Siege does, it gets fucking intense and every round plays out different.

There is a lot of depth to the game, there is alot of different strategies and things you can learn. When you get a good team and comunicate you can be operator as fuck and do some good breaches.

There are many reasons why I like the game, thing is I actually own and play it. Most fags who shhit on it don't own it and either never played it or only played the beta. And all they do is shitpost ubisoft and other memes.
>>
>>322149694
With that hit detection?
>>
>>322149936
>it's fun
>it's good

Kill yourself
>>
>tfw Thermite and Fuze master race

Blowing shit up is fun.
>>
>>322150047
>give actual reasons why I like the game
>get told to kill myself

Simberly eperic
>>
>>322149102
>people post reasons
>STOP POSTING MEMES AND SHITPOSTING

Yeah, you're totally rational and reasonable.

Fuck off with your buyer's remorse
>>
>>322150256
bruh it gets my heart racing and it's epic fun!
>>
>>322149694
You are a sitting duck with a stationary mg
>>
PSA to anyone new to the game. You can get an easy 800 requisition points by skipping the 3 tutorials.
>>
>>322149410
>playing free wins mode is amazing

Why not just download cheats if you're having so much fun not challenging yourself?
>>
File: 1451254536150.jpg (144 KB, 496x560) Image search: [Google]
1451254536150.jpg
144 KB, 496x560
>>322150086
>>
>>322150256
>buyer's remorse
But anon, I play the game everyday and enjoy it. It is my favourite fps in the last two years.

If this is what buyers remorse feels like I want more of it.
>>
>>322128601
This is the laziest marketing attempt I've ever seen. Holy shit.

Go try it at reddit, specially with these "wow guyze!!!" forced reactions.
>>
>>322149936
Sorry Ubisoft, I'm not buying your shit casual game.
>>
Do you get comfy?
>>
>>322150407
:3
>>
>>322150364
I don't know what you mean
>>
File: 1451012885585.jpg (89 KB, 433x404) Image search: [Google]
1451012885585.jpg
89 KB, 433x404
>>322150407
>mfw I've seen this happen 3 times already
>>
>>322150449
>I'm not buying your shit casual game.
Can you show me where I told you to buy the game?

Don't buy it, please do not buy it.
>>
>>322147678
I know what it means fuckhead, I meant what p2w is in the game? As in, there isn't any fucking p2w
>>
>>322149950
Headshots are Headshots.
I agree, there has been times when I've dumped drums into people and they are barely half health when they kill me. But that hasn't happened to me enough to completely disregard the fun I have playing with friends.
>>
>>322150434
That's what everyone says during the post purchase rationalization period.

The harder you try to convince everyone, the more telling it becomes.
>>
Is this game comfy?

Like do you hole up in one place and defend?
>>
>>322150632
>ubisoft is now trying reverse psychology to get people to buy their game

That's it, I'm going to pirate this game 5 times.
>>
>2011
>AAA titles
>>
>>322150778
You can but you get teammates that don't share the same view and roam around to the other side of the map to die.

My friend thinks he's bad ass and brags about fucking K/D ratio of all things because he roams around on casual mode.
>>
>>322129256
i'm on the xbone and don't have a problem find a match i also bought the seasonal pass today
>>
>>322150778
it's really fucking tense and even scary

like when you are the last defender alive and you dont know where the enemy is but you hear footsteps all around you
>>
>>322150356
Just play to your weakness, as long as you have your back covered by teammates you're fine.

Personally it's; Door, razorwire, watch the shadows. Or in the bank, there are sensor that beep when people pass by. There are lots of audio ques in the game
>>
>>322150750
Whatever you say, kid.
>>
File: 1449312607962.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1449312607962.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>322150778
>comfy

no its intense
>>
>>322150880
>Playing Ranked
>With all that D/cing and rampant hacking
Haha, almost got me family.
>>
>>322151032
Who are you trying to convince on this anonymous image board, friend?
>>
>>322150750
Not him but I snatched the game up for 40 bucks and I'm not the type to weep over 40 dollars or play games I don't like.
I've got like 90 hours in the game, I've slowed down a bit now and only really play when someone asks me to get on but I still enjoy it.
>>
>>322151087
>family

Type like an adult please.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.