[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Street Fighter V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: necalli.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
necalli.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
Day after day I'm losing motivation about my studies, especially since they are not that simple. Instead I want to improve myself at street fighter and be a professional, and make a living out of it. How do I start ? Can someone give me advices on how to earn money playing street fighter ?

i'm european by the way
>>
tell someone you'll beat them in street fighter for €100 and then beat them
>>
if your plan is to make money, id suggest playing something else
>>
>>322120240
Why is that ?
With enough willpower and free time I could become really good
>>
Practice a lot, go to big tournaments and win consistently for like a year or two, then hope you get noticed by some sponsor.
>>
>>322120472
there's not much money in it, even if you play all the cards right (win sidebets, win money matches) you'll still be making chump change

i made ~8.8k the year marvel 3 came out, had i worked instead i would have probably made 30k
>>
>>322120569
That sucks.
I fear that I may not have the time to git gud at SF if I get a job, especially in Physics which what I'm studying. I'm at that point where the small error could JUST my life up, because I already made a lot of bad choices and changed my studying field.

The safest thing to do would be to keep up the studies but right now I have literally 0 will to do so and might very likely fuck up my first semester.
>>
File: zan.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zan.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>Download the frankensteined beta 2 "cracked release"
>No music on new stages
>No voices on new characters
>Fucked up animations
>No facial animations at all on new characters

heh
>>
just keep at your studies, play games for fun, that is honestly how you'll get better at fighters at the best rate
>>
>>322120119
you will never make a living off tournament winnings (realistically)

if you actually want to make money off street fighter, get good, stream daily, make youtube content, commentate on locals, get your name out there

what ever you do OP, don't actually put all your eggs into making a living off SF
>>
Thanks for the answers guys.
I'll try to keep up with my studies, but it will be hard.

Okay now back to street fighter, who are you maining and why is it akuma after you won his hidden boss fight
>>
File: 1446339841113.jpg (194 KB, 2048x922) Image search: [Google]
1446339841113.jpg
194 KB, 2048x922
>>322122790
Gooteks' apartment looks pretty nice.
>>
>>322123465
ryu cause I'm still a shiter

Nash probs after a month
>>
>implying any white guy stands a chance against blacks or even asian players

without a sponsor you wont go far. daigo made like less than 200k in price money and he plays like almost 20 years.

i would look out for the next big esport game after LoL and drown your life into that
>>
>>322120119
go to a few tournaments if you do well make a twitch and get some subs and play video games for a living, and obviously just go to majors just to give the illusion you give a fuck about the 'fgc'.
>>
File: she wore the scarf.png (50 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
she wore the scarf.png
50 KB, 400x400
Realistically you won't be winning major tournaments or getting partnerships and offers if you're only starting now.

Keep up your studies, make a youtube account, upload videos, stream, and go to locals. Maybe if you have time off you could travel for some tournaments. You'll be able to get pretty good and make some money that way without closing too many doors.

>>322123465
I main Makoto, Vega and Ryu in 4. In V I'll probably be maining Nash, Vega, and Urien once he's out.
>>
File: trolls.jpg (87 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
trolls.jpg
87 KB, 1920x1080
>kenny omega on next set of excellent adventures
>and he's actually decent.
>>
>>322124816
I'm pretty excited. He looks to have a pretty good Cody and seems pretty chill and fun.

I hope they bring Rob the Magician back eventually.
>>
>>322120119
Oh, so you lazy fuck want to play vidya and still earn tons money as if it was a job?
>>
>>322120119
>I'm European
You can't.

/thread
>>
>>322124183
Is this a jab at Maximilian?
>>
>>322122129
That startup animation has to be a fucking reaction image.
>>
>>322125127
maximilian never did well consistently on tournaments so no. People relate to him because he is 'just like you', a shitter who can beat most people online and is ultra nice.
>>
>>322122129
The faces that Chun Li make made my dick hard.
>>
>>322120119
I recommend you jam a big knitting needle up your peehole. Once you have done that you have mastered the road to free street fighter moneys.

I suggest you call a paramedic in advance the first time you try, since it will hurt like hell and you'll probably not be coherent enough afterwards to explain where the ambulance needs to go.

After doing this often enough until it no longer hurts, and after you stop bleeding you are ready for the pro circuit now. In order to become a good street fighter, you really should get some practical experience, but I'd start with an alley or something. Actual streets might just be a bit too much to start off with.

Before facing your adversary it is customary to get on your knees and open your mouth as if receiving a delicious snack, but in reality you are training your muscle memory for the stick. I suggest you start off with practicing Ryu's bnbs with your mouth, keep doing this for 15 to 30 minutes. When you feel a sensation like a dual shock controller vibrating but slower, softer and more rythmically, then hold out your hand and prepare to receive the money.

And this sir, is how you make money playing street fighter like a real pro.
>>
God I fucking hate Necali. Don't like his design, don't like his moveset, don't like his garbled edgelord dialogue, nothing about him appeals to me. I'd rather play that noodleman R63 Hsien Ko than that piece of shit.
>>
File: 2hyck8n.jpg (278 KB, 800x407) Image search: [Google]
2hyck8n.jpg
278 KB, 800x407
>>322120119

Just give up now

being a top street fighter player is the most exclusive thing in the competitive videogame world.

Unless you are some insanely naturally talented asian kid like KnuckleDu who hasn't been playing as long as other people, you need at least 7-10 years of experience on your belt to even place decently in tournaments.

Street Fighter is just about how much time you spend in it, so you have to be very dedicated, or not at all.
>>
>>322126315
agreed, only character in the cast I actually hate
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.