[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Zelda.jpg (61 KB, 1024x226) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.jpg
61 KB, 1024x226
Which one is the best?
>>
>>322105519
link to the past
>>
>>322105519
My favorite one.
>>
OoT > Wind Waker > Majora's Mask > Twilight Princess > Skyward Sword

None of them are bad however.
>>
OoT >= MM > TP > SS >= WW
>>
>>322105519
You already ranked them from best to worst.
>>
>>322105567
Best answer.
>>
>>322105567
That's the worst one yet, fuck off casual scum.
>>
>Best formula
Ocarina of time

>Best atmosphere
Majora's mask

>Best combat
Wind waker

>Best supporting characters/dialogue
Twilight Princess

>Best waggling
Skyward sword
>>
>>322106524
>Best combat
>Wind Waker
>QTE prompts to win
>Best
>>
All 3D Zelda games are equally good, my favorite is WW due to its charming graphics and exploration.
>>
File: wewuz.png (357 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
wewuz.png
357 KB, 397x402
>3D Zeldas

Lets pretend they dont exist.

Minish Cap > DX > aLttP > Oracles > aLbW

A link between worlds could have been so much better if the wall moving power didnt affect the art of the game so much, as the entire world has been reduced to extremely flat walls everywhere so you can use it.
>>
>>322106595
It was only the counter. Come on now, you had a nice little combo system, enemies felt satisfying to beat and would be sent flying, the music even synchronized with the rhythm of your strikes.
>>
>>322105519
all trash
who /alttpandawakening/ here
>>
File: sOhgJ55.gif (858 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
sOhgJ55.gif
858 KB, 320x288
>>322105519
Majora's Mask. - Does what it tries to do well and overall has the best premise and feeling of "clarity" when you save people/the world and has a brilliant atmosphere/presentation. Time mechanic is great and actually works in tandem to the gameplay and design of the world.
Twilight Princess. - Has its flaws but overall an improved Zelda engine and has a good progression and set of dungeons/characters
Then Windwaker - Has many flaws but its a great charming adventure.
Then Ocarina. - did a great job bringing Zelda to the 3rd dimension. Everything was done better in TP and it's alright to go back to.
Then Skyward. - Too many stupid flaws but it has great redeeming qualities like all of Lanayru and the dungeons.
>>
>>322106764
No one, now fuck off.
>>
Ocarina>Majora>WW=TP>SS

This is the order. Ocarina has the least flaws and was by far the most important to game design.

MM is much more flawed than Ocarina but still excellent.

WW and TP are both heavily flawed. If not for endless tutorials and the shit wolf segments I would put TP above WW.

SS is all around a piece of trash, it belongs in a garbage can, everyone involved in its creation should be ashamed.
>>
>>322106708
Minish Cap sucked dick though.
>>
>>322106764
Link to the Past is the most overrated game in the franchise.

I do not give a fuck about how good it was when it came out, the graphics are shit compared to other games on the same system, the soundtrack is bland and shit aside from the Dark World theme and Castle theme, the dungeons are boring purple rectangles with boring puzzles, and the exploration was dumbed down from Zelda 1.
>>
>>322106716
>the music even synchronized with the rhythm of your strikes.

I hate this most of all.
>>
>>322106985

Nice argument there, faggot.
>>
>>322107364
The Kinstone system is just entirely terrible, you can only have one item out at a time in one of the ONLY Zelda games where you actually have to switch items often in dungeons, most of the NPCs are lifted wholesale from other Zelda games because they were too lazy to make their own, and the game has several shit filler segments.

On top of that it has the AUDACITY to JOKE about those filler segments. You don't make your game shitty and then have a character point it out, that means the developers knew about it, and if they knew about it, they should have spent some time making it not shitty instead.
>>
File: 1450625545086.jpg (36 KB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
1450625545086.jpg
36 KB, 320x362
>>322107124
>>
>>322105565
Oh, hey Arin.
>>
>>322105519
Majora's Mask. I love shapeshifting, groundhog day plots, and stories about coming to terms with grief.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.