[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one will be February's strategy game of the month?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: xcomvsfe.jpg (462 KB, 1238x1316) Image search: [Google]
xcomvsfe.jpg
462 KB, 1238x1316
Which one will be February's strategy game of the month?
>>
the one that isn't a dating sim
>>
>mfw they are both overpriced jew shit
>>
X-Com by a mile
>>
>>322103843
>uses a faggoty ass picture when responding

Disregard this post
>>
the snake waifu dating sim
>>
>>322103843
>available for £20
>overpriced
Okay

I like FE but it's never seemed that strategic to me, at it's hardest it was something I had to learn but most of the time it's just a case of making sure everyone doesn't fuck up.

Xcom 2 looks to at least offer lots of options/threats i.e. breakable floor so I'd hope that is good for strategy
>>
Reminder that both are series that got streamlined for casuals throwing their reputation down the drain.
>>
>>322104687
>Implying literally anyone outside of /v/ gives a fucking shit
>Implying that XCOM or FE have a bad rep

Nigga you have some overinflated self worth.
>>
>>322104687
I really need a shit so I'm not going to argue this in depth but XCOM EU in many ways has more tactics to it than the originals

Sure it's an easier game (if you don't pick the difficulty that just boosts enemy aim by loads) but stuff like cover actually gives the player options instead of just making the whole thing a meat grinder

That approach made the challenge a lot more rewarding for me personally because I generally felt that deaths were always down to me, that isn't the case when I play UFO or even Xenonauts

There's still bad stuff though like the way enemies "activate"
>>
>>322103674
Both
>>
>>322104901
>original xcom didn't have cover

Bait thread?
>>
>some people actually think that FE requires strategy
Your units are so overpowered that you can basically just stand there and win
>>
>>322105913
Yeah, if it gave you grind zones like sacred stones and awakening did. Why don't you go play 7 and that.
>>
File: 1450573156446.jpg (29 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450573156446.jpg
29 KB, 1080x1080
>weaboo garbage
>strategy
>>
>>322103674

The one that isn't weebshit, of course senpai.
>>
>>322103674
XCOM 2 because not only the things they give you are sweet and the setting is going to be interesting, but the high modability will give it a long filespan.
>>
File: 04c10fd9_FW_BLoodY_Death.jpg (83 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
04c10fd9_FW_BLoodY_Death.jpg
83 KB, 800x600
>gazeleegames is killed
How will I ever play a single player game again.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.