[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STREET FIGHTER V STORY SPOILERS Don't say I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: nash.jpg (85 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
nash.jpg
85 KB, 800x450
STREET FIGHTER V STORY SPOILERS
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Ryu and Nash are the focus of story mode. Ryu goes around and fights people and shit. Runs into Ken, who beats Laura, which in turn inspires Sean to stop learning Jujitsu. Necali detects Ryu's soul, and tries to eat it. Ryu stops him and Necali runs away. They left it open if he'll survive the beating Ryu gave him or not, but I'm assuming he'll be involved in later DLC campeigns.

Forgot to mention, more story modes are going to be added as DLC campeigns.

So Nash's plot has to do with the fact that F.A.N.G. saved Bison all those years ago. Nash doesn't remember much, but Urien explains to him that he wants revenge on Bison and F.A.N.G., as well as that him and Urien used to be buddies. Since Nash can't remember much, he decides to go with it. Urien gives an envalope to Nash and tells him "Don't open until the time is right". Nash quickly meets up with Guile. Guile isn't aware what the Illuminati is, but he's fine with helping his friend get revenge on Bison. Nash won't let Guile call him "Charlie", and their relationship gets rocky, especially after Nash tries to kill Cammy. As a team, Guile, Urien, and Nash rampage through Shadowloo's hideout, and kill F.A.N.G.

After the mission, Guile gets ahold of Urien's letter, reads it, becomes furious, and leaves. Nash thinks that now must be the right time to read it. It says that he's not the real Charlie, but is actually his co-pilot, who Charlie had Urien brainwash. This entire ploy was a way to keep Bison distracted, while Charlie builds up the Illuminati to destroy Shadoloo, and create constant war to satisfy men who live on the battlefield. The letter ends with Charlie talking about how he's taken a new name for himself, Gill, and how you're Nash now.
>>
>and create war to satisfy men who live on the battlefield

Kojima pls go. Your spoiler sucks
>>
Source? Future updates to the story mode are confirmed, but Im wondering where you got this info
>>
File: 5star.png (340 KB, 351x440) Image search: [Google]
5star.png
340 KB, 351x440
>>322095384
8888888/10 post. Fuck you.
>>
>>322095791
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_V:_The_Phantom_Pain#Plot
>>
>>322095384
Good shit, almost got me.
>>
>>322095949
Aww fuck im dumb
>>
the shit about sean wanting to train from ken makes perfect fucking sense
>>
So ryu is actually ken?
>>
>>322096595
Maybe.
>Did you rike it?
>>
this is a really good post
>>
File: 1441226687692.jpg (282 KB, 1175x851) Image search: [Google]
1441226687692.jpg
282 KB, 1175x851
>>322095384
Bravo, Capcombles.
>>
File: 1448301625462.gif (1017 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1448301625462.gif
1017 KB, 500x269
I kinda wish SF did have a decent story mode. Even tho it's not necessary I always liked the characters. Maybe something like SF2 animated movie.
>>
>>322097909
i would like street fighter even more if it had a decent story, most of the characters are a boring as bricks and the fact that capcom just doesn't particularly care about what goes on with them doesn't make me care much about them,everyone says ryu's a great character but few people can ever give me a reason why
>>
>>322098463
Street Fighter is like Pro Wrestling.

One way you can do it is by creating a bunch of storylines and characters, have them talk about shit, and try to get people hooked that way.

The other way is to use the fight itself to tell a story. Each match, in and of itself being a story. Your characters are the backdrop to the story, and then both fighters write the story as it plays out.

Neither are the best medium for complex plots with deep characters, which is why it's better if the effort is put into the actual storytelling that's going on in the fight between the two characters.

This is why Japan has the best pro wrestling in the world. It's also why Street Fighter will always be better than Mortal Kombat.
>>
>>322099159
street fighter is better than mortal kombat but not for it's story,mkx's story was dog shit though
>>
street fighter 5, or metal gear solid v?
>>
File: 1439959699519.jpg (140 KB, 709x747) Image search: [Google]
1439959699519.jpg
140 KB, 709x747
>>322097909
>tfw the feud between Sagat and Adon is by far the best thing about SF's story
They aren't even main characters.
>>
File: 1406641082744.png (303 KB, 633x480) Image search: [Google]
1406641082744.png
303 KB, 633x480
STORY MODES ARE FOR FAGS.
BRING BACK ALTERNATE BEAT EM UP MODES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-EpTIiHBM
>>
File: sagat656.png (4 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
sagat656.png
4 KB, 96x96
>>322099606
>Something about Sagat is the best part of SF's story
But of course.
>>
File: 1450030563358.jpg (455 KB, 798x900) Image search: [Google]
1450030563358.jpg
455 KB, 798x900
Mika spoiler: Mika gets pulled over and given a ticket for having an ass thats too fat
>>
>>322099159
Aaand they're shit at writing and afraid of doing anything to characterize their vanilla generic shallow as a puddle, "iconic" characters, but mainly it's the fact that it's not a priority I'd say.
Even today I bet zero budget goes towards story development, it's just shit that Ono and Friends come up with.

I agree with everything you said, but the fact that they can't give the characters some urgency, character arcs or thematic flavor is incompetent
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.