[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arcade stick/Fight pad thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: IMAG0218.jpg (3 MB, 4224x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0218.jpg
3 MB, 4224x2368
What are you using
What are you playing
What are you looking forward to

Got pic related today for $30. looks and feels like its barely been touched. Wanna change the art on it, but not sure what I want yet.
>>
thinking of grabbing one of these for games I don't like playing with a stick. Any anon tried it?

http://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-commander-4-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/
>>
File: chun mai.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
chun mai.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
Weeknight /v/ doesn't seem that into fighting peripherals
>>
>>322094570
That's a good fucking deal for $30. I'd jump on the chance.

Also, I play KI, so I wouldn't change the art myself.

>>322094894
Fighting Commander is great.

I was almost tempted into buying an XArcade today, but reminded myself that I don't want to install two sets of IL parts right now, and that I can just buy the Street Fighter Anniversery stick for less.

Also, I already have 5 sticks, and I'm sticking to a "One stick a year" rule.
>>
>>
>>322096239
Only reason I got it for so cheap is because I work at FUCKING GAMESTOP. Guy wanted to trade it in and we normally wanted take them, but I really wanted it so I just took it in as a wired Xbox one controller and then bought it afterwards.

Wanna use it on my pc but Xbox one sticks have an issue where the trigger buttons don't work on windows. Trying to find a way around this but for the time being it still makes for a great 6 button stick.
>>
>>322096239
Any of your sticks custom? If so do you have any pics you can post?
>>
>>322096515
I have an xbox one stick. I just never needed more than 6 buttons for any fighting game but Injustice.

>>322096613
Nah.
>Hori Fighting Stick 3 (POS. I don't reccomend)
>Street Fighter IV SE (Modded. Korean Stick, bat top. Seimitsu buttons in translucent blue because they look like Hadoukens)
>WWE Brawlstick (Modded. All sanwa. Got this a few years ago on black friday for $20)
>Hori RAP 3 SA
>Hori RAP V Hyabusa

My goal of the year is to build a complete custom stick. My brother is big into making shit out of wood, mostly Knives, so I'm going to commission a case from him, and DIY the insides (Not sure what I'm going to use for PCB yet, might padhack)
>>
>>322096904
6 buttons is plenty it just bugs me to have 2 buttons I can't use due to MS shenanigans.

I would love to build a custom stick, but I refuse to start any new projects until I finish the mame cabinet I have chillin in my friends house
>>
>>322094570
i picked up mine like 3-4 years ago at gamestop for $20 because it was 1/2 off accessories day and it was a madkatz $150 TE stick at the time
>>
>>322097195
i also got a nice one for the dreamcast, the ascci one. that was free when i got stuff from a neighbors sister. she just gave me all his DC stuff and game it was some nice shit like last blade 2 and power stone 2.
>>
>>322097334
If I'm not wrong, that has all sanwas on it, right?
>>
>>322097195
People shit on gamestop constantly, but if you are cool with the staff ( or are the staff) you can get some cool shit super cheap. People with tons of money to burn love to buy expensive shit that they'll never use and then trade it in later where it gets sold as a generic device for a system for like $15.

Got a brand new pair of these for like $12 because of shit like that
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/titanfall-ear-force-atlas/494
>>
>>322097334
Damn you lucked out but I hope she didn't just give that poor guys games away without him knowing
>>
>>322097778
i think he did say he was done with it

>>322097382
not sure really

>>322097498
i used to be cool with my GS staf until they all left. i got a Wii about 2 weeks after it launched back in 2006, which if anyone remembers was an impossible feat. i had to go in at like early as fuck time, right before the store opened and get it. funny thing was, someone else had the same idea and they said they didn't have one and i walked out with it and the dude was like "where did you get that?" i told him it was on reserve and he flipped shit saying he had a reserve too when he didn't.
>>
>Absolutely suck at fighters
>Like fightpads because I love arcades
>Will never own one because I'm shit at fighters
>>
Using a RAP4 Kai, mostly playing GGXrd but I'm a complete shitter. Well I'm a complete shitter at most fighting games, but even more so at GG.
>>
>>322098054
Christ I remember trying to get a Wii at launch and failing miserably. My mom actually ended up finding one at a Target out in the middle of fucking no where and surprised me with it on my birthday
>>
I play arcade games with keyboard and a kick ass on them.
>>
>>322098324
>>322098479
I'm honestly pretty shit myself, but I just really like fighting games. As long as I can get a win here or there I'm ok with all the losses
>>
Reminder that if you buy a PS4 stick, you're a fucking moron.
>>
File: jay reaction.png (581 KB, 647x485) Image search: [Google]
jay reaction.png
581 KB, 647x485
>>322098647
Hey man if thats what you like then just keep on rollin with it
>>
>>322098730

>>322098479 here, that's where I'm at.

Fortunately I have at least one friend who's the same way so we can have fun being trash together. I also use the stick for beat 'em ups and shmups, which I'm less shit at.
>>
>>322098819
Why?
>>
>>322098881
I'm lucky enough to have a handful of friends who are into all kinds of 2D fighters
>>
File: 5vBF6G5.jpg (110 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
5vBF6G5.jpg
110 KB, 640x480
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.