[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>More expensive compared to amazon and ebay >Inconvenient
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: GAMESTOP 4241 600x487.jpg (57 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
GAMESTOP 4241 600x487.jpg
57 KB, 600x487
>More expensive compared to amazon and ebay
>Inconvenient
>Many people simply hate dealing with the place
>shitty sales compared to online stores
>when they do have sales such as "buy used get one free" they jack up the price of used games
>now branching out into pop culture collectibles

Is gamestop going to go the way of dedicated movie stores? How long do they have left?
>>
What I don't understand is how the fuck they have a store in almost if not every single mall I've ever been too.
Do they have a huge handle on the normie market?
>>
>not mentioning how shittily they treat their employees, who just want to help people enjoy vidya
To be fair, in-person socialization is important for vidya, considering anyone looking online will find a pathetic, worthless shill 99% of the time. Why not just have Walmart expand its vidya section and hire people specifically for that section?
>>
>>322089969
the normie market is slowly being taken away by amazon and console specific digital stores
>>
>>322089697

>inconvenient

this one isnt true. If you want a physical item right now you cant get more convenient than walking into a store and driving home. Online shopping cant get you the item immediately.
>>
I don't understand inconvenient. Isn't convenience like, the reason they exist?
>>
>>322089697
Over gone to GameStop twice in the last year.

Once was to pick up a game that I couldn't get online at all.

And second was to pick up some older games but 2 get 1 free, that were cheaper then the scalper prices online.

Otherwise I don't touch them and do all my vidya shit on amazon and sometimes best buy. GameStop price to high, and they are sleazy and sneaky.

>>322089969
Most other game chains have died off or down like game crazy, which was based, and pay and trade. Or mom and pops which also pretty much dead outside the ironic nostalgia Google hipster scalper stores.
>>
>>322090259
>Online shopping cant get you the item immediately.

Yet
>>
>>322090514
For 4 bucks I can get it the next day on amazon.

Some cities you can do same day delivery, and since their items are normally less then half you'll still probably come out on top.
>>
>>322090259
The nearest amazon warehouse is like five hours away from me. I get free two day shipping, same day if I pay for it. That's close enough to immediately for me.
>>
>>322089697
>>322089969
It's the video game version of a convenience store
>>
>gamestop is categorized as a pawn shop in the state of California

That says a lot.

I only go there because I can check a used game to see the condition unlike I online. Usually they do have some used games at a far lower price than ebay.
>>
I don't normally buy physical games, but when I bought Trails of Cold Steel recently I had no trouble with gamestop at all. I showed up 30 minutes after they opened on release day, picked up my game and left. The guy behind the counter was even very nice, we talked a bit about the game and how nice the limuted edition was and then I went home to play it. 10/10 would preorder from my local gamestop again.
>>
>>322089697
Holy fuck, that is a picture of the old biltmore square mall gamestop.
>>
>>322090789
What, I literally live 20 minutes from a fulfillment center (San Bernardino) and I've ordered things that says it's coming from there and they still take like 5 days.
>>
>Gamestop at the mall near my house day after Christmas
>Remember I need a to get a PS3 controller
>Check the used ones
>Used PS3 controller is basically the same price
>Huge fucking line since they only have two registers due to them literally picking one of the smaller fucking spaces in the mall

How they're not out of business boggles my mind
>>
>>322090860
even then walmart is better and without all the bullshit
>>
Honestly, from what I've learned from talking to people about their Christmas shopping, people in general still haven't quite caught on to the fact that you can/should buy almost anything from Amazon.

I wouldn't be surprised if GameStop catered mostly to parents shopping for birthday gifts
>>
>>322093430
how can that keep them afloat for any longer?
>>
>>322089697

They occasionally have good sales and they're the go to place for physical pre-orders if you don't want to wait for the mail.
>>
>>322091223
>>Huge fucking line since they only have two registers due to them literally picking one of the smaller fucking spaces in the mall
What the fuck? I thought that was rare; I see it at my mall's GameStop too.
>>
The writing was on the wall way back when they bought out Electronics Boutique. They should have got in on the online thing before it was too late. Online rentals or a PS+ type subcription service. They are just waiting to die now.
>>
>>322093430
Best Buy has more killer deals more often than Amazon.
>>
>>322095590
best buys video game plan is also really fucking good.

$30
2 free day shipping on all vidya
$10 off new games.
>>
I have never needed to preorder a game. I have never had local stores sold out. A preorder is retarded anyway. You are buying and unknown item. Imagine how many people were upset when they got there preordered Fallout 4. It's better to wait and see if it's worth it.
>>
>>322090993
>tfw I live 45 minutes from San Bernardino

Anon, do you want to be friends and play vidya?
>>
>>322095590
Where is this best buy you speak of? My best buy stopped shelving games and is moving towards televisions and other appliances
>>
File: 1449584134412.jpg (113 KB, 837x764) Image search: [Google]
1449584134412.jpg
113 KB, 837x764
>>322089697
>now branching out into pop culture collectibles
So that's why they had a shelf full of Pop! figures and star wars toys the last time I went there.
>>
>>322089697
Digital games are probably becoming more popular than physical on top of all this.

However, most people are still stupid and don't understand that you can just play video games on your PC, so for many people, stores like gamestop are still a popular option. Maybe in a decade or two, once console sales have fizzled out a bit more, gamestop will finally call it quits and console gamers will just have to get their games from wal-mart or target or something.
>>
>>322090869
They're categorized as a pawn shop because their dealings with trade ins
>>
Gamestop is actually pretty good if you just want to stop and pick up a new game on your way home from work on release day. I've never really been there otherwise and I've never preordered.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.