[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to play KOTOR 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: KOTOR2-BlogPost[1].jpg (101 KB, 762x350) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR2-BlogPost[1].jpg
101 KB, 762x350
What's the best way to play KOTOR 2?
>>
Is you're Exile, Jedi jesus?

If not then you already fucked up.
>>
>>322081276
This.

Also The Restored Content mod is mandatory. Otherwise, Blasters only or Walking 'Force' of Death with Force Storm..
>>
>>322081276
>>322081937
The game isn't good if you go full asshole mode? I wanted to be a dick
>>
File: space jesus.png (100 KB, 258x239) Image search: [Google]
space jesus.png
100 KB, 258x239
>>322082537
Jedi Jesus is what people call one of the male exile appearance choices.
>>
With a PC
>>
Just started playing this for the first time on the PC with the restored content mod. I'm at the academy on Telos right now. Any big changes further in I'll notice with the restored content mod?
>>
>>322083637
If you're playing it for the first time it's unlikely you'll really notice the changes, not all of them pop out at you on a first play through.
>>
>>322081937

What is in the restored content mod? What got cut?

I haven't played the game since it came out on an old Dell desktop I used to have but I've been thinking of getting it again on Steam.
>>
Get mods from http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/
>>
>>322080143

naked
>>
>>322083728
I played it back on xbox a few years back, I think I notice some dialogue i havent heard before. Just didn't know if anything big was cut and I'll eventually get to it
>>
>>322083828
The Restored Content Mod doubles has a massive bug-fix patch and a large re-addition to missing content in the game. KOTOR 2 shipped incomplete, and was rushed by Lucasarts to meet a holiday release. They also refused Obsidian to update the game.

>What got cut?
A lot. Dialogue, encounters, cutscenes etc. If you'd like to read what exactly the mod adds, you can download it here:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/578-tsl-restored-content-mod/

However, if you own the Steam version of KOTOR 2, you can simply the process by downloading it from the Steam Workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485537937

>>322084138
You'll notice new dialogue and encounters, along with a few big additions at the end of the game.
>>
>>322082537
Asshole mode works well too, but make handmaiden a jedi before gaining a lot of influence with Visas
>>
>>322083828
This list of cut content will also interest you. Spoilers if you haven't played the game yet, of course.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cut_content_from_Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II:_The_Sith_Lords
>>
>>322084323
>>322084467

Thanks guys, this extra stuff may be the motivation to go through it again, I remember really enjoying it but I'm worried my glasses may have gotten a little rosy over the years.
>>
I have such a love hate relationship with this game. I love the later parts with the jedi fights and shit but goddamn is it a slow crawl up till the good stuff
>>
>>322084585
It's still a good game. The beginning is of course a slog like the first game, but it opens up faster then KOTOR 1 did.
>>
>>322080143
Sith Lord space Jesus dual wielding two blasters
>>
>lightsaber only halfway through the game
>half the assets are stolen from Kotor 2
>Kreia is a memelord
>only Blindfu is any good

2/10 game
>>
I just bought this on steam, is it better with a controller or mouse+trackpad?

I have no mouse and I must suck dick
>>
Is this game actually good? I have 3 bucks in my wallet left over, and I want something to play.
>>
>>322085058
It's good rob a guy and buy both KOTOR's.
>>
>>322085001
It has turn based combat, it doesn't really matter
>>
>>322085105
Do I have to play the first one?
>>
>>322085179
It's not necessary, but you'll miss a lot of background information when the info appears.

The main character in the first game is continuously referenced all throughout this game, too. So without the knowledge of the previous game you might not completely understand those parts.
>>
Never played the games, I want to play kotor 1 as a pure jedi waifu and kotor 2 as an edgelord waifu sith

Does kotor 2 let you pick what choices you made in the past game so you don't suddendly have people retconning you saying "no see, revan was actually a male"
>>
The best way to play it is have that pen from MIB at the ready for when you finish it.
>>
>>322086152
In the beginning in KOTOR 1, there is a dialogue option where you establish if Revan was Male/Female, and Jedi/Sith.
>>
>>322086307
*beginning of KOTOR 2
>>
>>322086152
hahah what you think this is Mass Effect? The graphics in these games are dated as fuck.
>>
Female + Light side only because that's muh canon.
Also act incredibly slutty in-game, that's also canon.
>>
>>322086307
>In the beginning in KOTOR 1

You mean KOTOR 2?

Alright cool, thanks

guess I shouldnt bother with TORtanic since everything was retconned to hell right?
>>
>>322080143
If you aren't playing as Captain Picard, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>322086408

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Are you under 18? Who gives a fuck about graphics?
>>
>>322086152
Yeah, based on dialogue choices with Atton you can establish the gender/alignment
>>
>>322086449
TOR ruins KOTOR and it's also an MMO so yeah stay away
>>
>>322086449
TOR fucked over everything, Revan the worst.

The truth is I didn't play it, but I watched all the class stories on Youtube. I'm glad I did that, because if I had to suffer through the game I would have dropped it. But I'm mad I did that, because they treated him so terribly.
>>
File: 1450083303747.png (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450083303747.png
503 KB, 1920x1080
>>322080143
sith lord motherfucker

you become so powerful your character actually gets put into the title screen with the other sith lords
>>
>>322082537
This is one of the very few games where being a good guy is actually preferable, because being a good guy in this game means telling all the Sith, the pathetic excuses for Jedi still kicking around, and the elderly grandmother to shove it while you show them what a real Jedi is like. It's oddly satisfying.
>>
>>322083427
>not playing it on the xbox hueg

fuck off youngin
>>
If you play TOR play Light Side Sith Warrior, basically a reasonable dark sider who isn't a raging psychotic degenerate which is a fresh of breath air coming from KOTOR
>>
>>322080143
On easy. Gameplay is pretty rubbish. All about the writing, mane.

Would be cool to replace kotor's gameplay segments with Jedi Outcast's but keep the plot.
>>
Is the content restored mod worth it?

Seems like it would be an amateur hack job full of bugs and awkard shit like quests with dialogue but no voice lines and unfinished animations, and I heard it creates a lot of bugs if you try to use other mods, which I want to do (mostly graphic / skin mods).
>>
>>322087102
It is worth it. Mod authors should preferably have compatibility with TSLRCM. Double check to make sure your mod combo doesn't have compatibility issues.
>>
how do I get this restored version ofr kotor 2? I have the regular one, is it a patch I have to get or something?
>>
>>322087102
Absolutely. To my knowledge the only shitty parts are 1 character that was obviously voiced by an amateur (but who has 5 seconds of screen time anyway) and the HK50 base being a fucking chore. No unfinished animations, dialogue with no voices or any of that shit.
>>
>>322080143
I like going Jedi Sentinel -> Weapon Master or Watchman
>>
File: 1450343654633.png (804 KB, 433x675) Image search: [Google]
1450343654633.png
804 KB, 433x675
>tfw choosing female Revan in the beginning of KOTOR 2 makes Carth her love interest
Why? I just wanted to play using the Revan I used in KOTOR: Light side female with no romance
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.