[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't they made amiibo figurines for every Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 46789865.jpg (73 KB, 900x444) Image search: [Google]
46789865.jpg
73 KB, 900x444
Why haven't they made amiibo figurines for every Pokémon yet? That would be an easy way for Nintendo to make money.
>>
I don't think Nintendo are in touch with that many chinese factories
>>
>>322074460
That's a lot of plastic
>>
>>322074460
Jesus Fucking Christ, how long does it have to take for you guys to realize that Nintendo does not have full control of the Pokemon IP. While they technically do own 66% of it, in business politics, they only own 33% due to The Pokemon Compnay acting independently.
>>
Would ANYONE buy a Bidoof amiibo?
>>
>>322077719
>autism
when people talk about pokemon, they talk about both companies as a whole.
>>
Well, they could make amiibos of the most popular hundred and they'd sell like gangbusters.

Serious question; who the fuck would EVER buy a Luvdisc Amiibo? Fucking who?
>>
>>322074460
>Suicune outside of the base
But you have to put a whole fucking stand twice the size of the base for Wolf Link, uh?
>>
>>322074460
They only sell the hot glue worthy pokemans
>>
Is it even feasible to make figurines (and I mean figurines in general, not specifically amiibos) of every single Pokemon?

I don't know about you guys, but some Pokemon just don't have that marketable appearance.

Would any of you buy figurines, amiibo or otherwise, of any of the following:
>Wormadam
>Huntail
>Omanyte
>Nuzleaf
>Lombre
>Cascoon
>Metapod
>Gurdurr
>>
>>322078898
I know two or three guys that will.
>>
>>322079702
Huntail is cool.
Omanyte, lombre, and metapod are meme-mons and would sell fine.
>>
>>322079843
>Omanyte, lombre, and metapod are meme-mons
Excuse me, what?

I only recall Mudkip and Seaking, but I'm unaware of anything else becoming cancer-tier.
>>
>>322079408
this

If Nintendo ever made a ton of Pokemon amiibos, it would the most popular pokemon.
>>
>>322074460
>>322079702

It's not feasible, at all. It's an amazing thing that they even gave every Smash character one.

If they wanted every Pokemon to have an Amiibo, they would go the card route like with Animal Crossing, while giving special ones figures.

Anyone who thinks Nintendo is capable of releasing over 700 Amiibo is more retarded than anyone who thinks Sega is capable of releasing a new home console.
>>
>>322074460
>no weavile
why live?
>>
>>322078898
That's the point. No one will buy it. Then, in 30+ years, it will become "rare" and extremely valuable in the same way people are buying coke bottles from the 1800s for $5,000
>>
>>322079408
Couples, girls and girly boi's.
Why don't you have a gf anon?
>>
>>322080056
My Beanie Baby collection must be worth millions!
>>
>>322079945
Twitch plays pokemon made omanyte's fossil a meme: http://kotaku.com/rejoice-for-twitch-plays-pokemon-has-revived-the-hel-1529832673

Lombre line has always been popular as a joke for ludicolo's funkyness

Metapod because growth harden string shot
>>
>>322074460

Serious question. What is the function of an amibo? Is it just a figurine?
>>
>>322074460
I want all of them. Cant wait
>>
>>322079945
I dunno about Lombre, but Omanyte kinda has it's appeal due to the Twitch Play's Pokemon "helix jesus" memes, and Metapod maybe because of the "harden" meme.
>>
>>322078898
Bidoof is fucking adorable fuck you
>>
The real question is why don't the Pokemon rumble nfc figures also work?

They could do pokemon amiibos the same way they did the rumble nfc figures.
>>
>>322074460
Because

Pokemon Company.
>>
>>322079702
>Listed Omanyte and Nuzleaf as two of the least desirable Pokemon figures

Fuck off. I don't even personally like Nuzleaf (fuck I can't even name ten Pokemon from RSE that I find acceptable) and he'd be as popular as Delcatty and Crawdaunt.
>>
>>322080202
Figurine with DLC capabilities.
>>
>>322080202
yes, but you can scan them for functionality in video games.

Tap an compatabile amiboo to the wiiuscreen in mario kart 8 for instance and it unlocks a costume based on that character

tl;dr it's physical dlc
>>
>>322080310
>as popular as Delcatty and Crawdaunt
Is that supposed to prove something?
>>
>>322080389
Although for some games it kinda works as date storage for characters and whatnot, like in Smash.
>>
File: FUCKIN QUEEAHS.png (645 KB, 830x1262) Image search: [Google]
FUCKIN QUEEAHS.png
645 KB, 830x1262
>>322074460
>tfw you want a Zelda amiibo line just because Link's pose is beyond game and they gave him that piss yellow stand up bar
>tfw they made a fucking Wolf Link amiibo but not a general LoZ line
>>
>>322080389
>>322080365

Just costumes? So you can play Mario cart as Pikachu, but is there anything other than a skin? Like capabilities?
>>
Because they would have a surplus of the shittest pokemon ever, and they would cause more problems with people bitching at them for not making 7 trillion copies of the better pokemon.

It isn't worth the trouble, time, or money.
>>
>>322080365
>>322080389
Man, I normally don't like DLC, but I tolerate it because at least I can buy them anytime.

Amiibos, on the other hand, are the next level of bullshit. I actually have to hunt down a little toy that costs a minimum of $10 (certain ones are rare and fetch heftier amounts) just to unlock content?

I think I'm just gonna buy an Amiiqo/N2Elite. Sounds expensive at the start, but I bet it would pay off generously in the long run.
>>
>>322080540
that's what it does in mario kart 8, it differs per game.
>>
>>322078898
I would.
>>
>>322080056
>having a stock of a $12 piece of plastic so an autist can sell it for $5,000 later
cool business model bro
>>
>>322080594
They should just make amiibo of only the Pokémon playable in Pokken Tournament, then.
>>
>>322080646

Huh. I guess they're not as gay as everyone makes them out to be if they do stuff in game. I've seen these threads for ages and just ignored them for the most part but I got curious while watching that guy destroy his fox amiibo with paint... thanks fellas.
>>
File: 47264304_p0.jpg (185 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
47264304_p0.jpg
185 KB, 512x512
>>322079702
Figures aren't really much my thing when it comes to Pokemon, I prefer plushes.

>>322080310
You're saying that like Delcatty or Crawdaunt are particularly popular.

>>322080540
Some games. Code Name STEAM lets you use Fire Emblem Amiibo to unlock the characters as playable in it, for example. Hyrule Warriors gives Link a new weapon, which is essentially a whole extra moveset, if you scan either his or Toon Link's amiibo. That's about it though for anything of note.
>>
>>322079408
>Serious question; who the fuck would EVER buy a Luvdisc Amiibo? Fucking who?

>Someone who's gotta catch 'em all
>Hipsters
>Couples who like to be cute and nerdy
>An artist who'll use them to make an art/statement about some shit
>Moms who's kids like Pokemon, but they have no idea about them so they buy it because it looks like a love heart which is kinda cute/sweet
>That one fan who likes Luvdisc
>>
Wait are these real?
Oh god, getting Gardevoir is going to be an absolute nightmare.
>>
>>322080414
>>322080897

I meant what I said. Not my fault if you're misinterpreting it.
>>
>>322074460
why would they? If you haven't noticed, Pokemon Amiibos have less functionality than others because reasons

>doesn't give pokemon themed yoshis in woolly world
>pokemon mystery mushrooms in mario maker don't have a specialized jingle or sound effects
>etc
>>
>>322081218
>The quality of the Suicune and Machamp
What do you think?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.