[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best length for a game, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
What is the best length for a game, /v/?
>>
It DEPENDS ON A GAME.
>>
>>322070868
usually 12 hours. but like>>322072082
said, it depends on the genre of game. i don't want to play an rpg for only 12 hours. and i dont want to play an action game for 40 hours.
>>
>game is 5 hours if you ignore all the other content
>the order 1886 was literally only 4 hours long

wow
>>
>>322072562
FOUR HOURS
>>
>>322072937
no i mean like memes aside it was actually four hours
i preordered it because i like steampunk
i'm sorry
>>
>>322073126
I avoided it for the same reasons, actually it was that boss fight that turned me away. I heard they used the same one twice.
>>
>>322070868
Depends on the game, ace attorney games take me around 20 hours which is pretty nice but i'd like 30-40 if i'm honest. Rpg's mostly 30+ atleast. Games like cod or the order etc like 5 hours max or i get bored immensely
>>
>>322070868
For action games 20 hours.
For Rpgs 40-60+.
>>
Depends really.

Vanquish was really fucking short but I loved it more than every other PS3 game I had short of Demons/Dark Souls.

I prefer Demons/Dark Souls to Vanquish but if they were the same length as it I would think they were shit.
>>
>>322070868
was this comic supposed to be funny?
>>
>>322075724
It felt like a sexual innuendo chart.
>>
>>322072283
This. For example, Bioshock and Okami are two games I'd say take way too goddamn long.

Bioshock's problem is that you become powerful, very well armed, and very difficult to stop once you hit Fort Frolic, but there are still at least four hours of gameplay after that and very little that can possibly pose a challenge to you. There's little incentive to explore and no more challenge by that point.

Okami is bad because the game's majorly awesome climactic moment that really feels like it needs a great follow up happens about midway through the game when you fight Ninetails, but then you have to go to that boring ass snow region with intense amounts of filler, including a tedious and boring time travel part that nobody asked for, a boring dungeon with a boring boss, and you have to fight Oroochi two motherfucking more times.
>>
>>322070868
>Action games
10ish hours. I love playing DMC, Bayo, and MGR are fun, but I don't want to play that shit for 40 hours.

>Adventure games
15-20 hours, if not a bit less. These games should give a good story, but I'm not trying to play something like Uncharted for like 30 hours.

>rpg
30-50 hours. Anything more and the plot better be fucking GOAT.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.