[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamestop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12
File: gamestop.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
gamestop.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>Walk into Gamestop
>Fairly nice Gamestop, albeit a bit crowded
>Trade in a ps3 and 3ds for a ps4
>Very nice cashier and manager
>Buy the Ps4
>"Have a nice day anon!"
>FUCKING...Gamestop?
>>
So, where do you want this thread to go from here.
>>
I don't like working at gamestop.
>>
I only had good experiences with Gamestop myself. Once went in to get Fable TLC (this was before I got into Steam) and they accidentally gave me the original. So I went back and they gave me the right copy once I explained I pay for TLC and there was some differences to it. Didn't even need the receipt which is good as I threw that away as soon as I got home like an idiot. They could have easily fuck me over but instead decide to be reasonable people.

Fucking Gamestop?
>>
>>322053660
FUCKING Gamestop thread I guess. Just Gamestop stories, doesn't have to always involve Gamestop fucking up.
>>
>>322053994
Do you get a lot of shitters like OP?
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>Go into GameStop
>Gets a used copy for Dead Rising 3
>Goes to pay
>The cashier pulls out a new copy
>Have to pay 10 dollars extra

True story tho
>>
>>322054226
People like to tell me the games are cheaper at other stores. I feel bad but there's nothing I can really do about the prices.
>>
>Click into amazon
>Buy vidya
>Prime 2 day shipping
>Arrives on time
>Contact amazon support 2 weeks later saying it never arrived in time for a relative's birthday or some shit
>I'm sorry you had to encounter such a problem, to make up for it we will refund $ to your method of payment'

No clue if it still works but I used to go nuts with it years ago. Of course, I had to make multiple accounts and they caught on as I was using the same debit card, making one purchase on the last two accounts were closed right after I confirmed.
>>
>>322053994
Give a percentage of casuals, faggots, and people you would actually play vidya with.
>>
>>322054373
If anything, privately owned like to jew people out even more than chain shops like GameStop and Best Buy, especially when it comes to trade-ins.
>>
>>322053994
All customer service jobs are horrible.

At least you don't have to clean shit off the walls of your bathroom.
>>
File: ascended smug wojak.jpg (225 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
ascended smug wojak.jpg
225 KB, 633x758
>mom comes home for lunch
>ask her to stop at EB Games on her way home from work
>write down the name of the game I want
>give her the money
>later when she gets me home she gives me the game and my change and receipt
>>
File: 1332812360769.jpg (249 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
1332812360769.jpg
249 KB, 863x752
>walk into GameStop yesterday
>see a but 2 get 1 sale
>staring at wall of used games
>somewhat busy about 10 other people and me there
>guy asks if I'm finding everything all right
>say yea just browsing thanks
>pickup witcher 3, shadow warrior and sunset overdrive
>go to cashier
>check out
>leave
FUCKING
GAMESTOP
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>322054471
I don't like to play games with customers. It usually winds up with them asking me to help them steal games, or give them a 100% discount on systems.
>>
File: 1324079441367.png (274 KB, 555x467) Image search: [Google]
1324079441367.png
274 KB, 555x467
>>322054471
Different anon, but I can tell you how many people i get of that shit at mine.
>60% casuals
>30% fags
>10% parents just buying they kids something to make them shut up
Absolutely no one I'd enjoy playing games with though.
>>
>>322054534
/thread
I fucking hate my local store
they were charging 30 fucking dollard for the greatest hits edition of DMC3
It wasn't even CIB it was just the disc.
>>
Daily reminder to never buy new games at gamestop unless they have a completely sealed copy.
Always call in beforehand and make sure that what they have is still sealed in the cellophane
>>
>>322054534
>>322054765
I hated the local place that was open in my neighborhood a few years ago. They had a neat idea with charging $5 an hour to play new vidya but they quickly upped it to $10 after seeing all the spoiled rich kids from the junior high school on the same block. Their retro shit? As you can guess, $100 for JUST a Dreamcast, $30-$40 for each game, same with ps1, Genesis, SNES what-have-you, it was ridiculous. Trade ins were barely anything.

They closed in 2010 and its been a nail salon ever since.
>>
>Walk into Gamestop
>Looking to pre-order the Bloodborne DLC since I had a giftcard
>Standing at the counter waiting behind some black guy trading in a bunch of old 360 games
>Having a fun chat with him and the employee there about vidya
>Suddenly 20 people walk in and all immediately get in line
>Black dude ducks out
>Cashier starts freaking out over all the people in the store
>Mentions that his coworker didn't show up for work today
>My giftcard isn't scanning on the computer
>Having to do all this witchdoctor bullshit to try and get it to work
>Crowd starts rustling
>Tell the guy I'll step aside while he works through some customers since I'm in no rush
>More people come in
>Guy's sweating and panicking
>Tries to call boss for help but no response
>Leave and buy BB DLC on the PSN

Fucking Gamestop I felt bad for the dude though, working busy shifts alone sucks
>>
>>322054614
Nice
>>
>>322055125
Yep. I hate that we can't tell the people using online ordering that the game is opened.
>>
Mark my words, gamestop is going the way of blockbuster. Who buys physical media games any more?
>>
>>322055309
The fuck? Tell him he's paid by the hour, not customer. I'm not busting my ass over retail shit and definitely not letting a bunch of strangers tell me to hurry up either
>>
>>322055125
>>322055359
Op here, I got Madden 16 for $40 with my purchase and I had originally picked a copy off the wall that wasn't sealed. Then the cashier took it and said since I had already told him he had grabbed one...
>It was an unopened one
It pays to be nice and patient, I'm telling you.
>>
>>322053548
>trade ps3 and 3ds for ps4

Nobody is this stupid. Bait thread.
>>
>>322053994
I worked at 2, count'em, 2 Video Game stores when I was younger. GameCrazy and GameStop. I was even a manager at both. Doing so broke my spirit and destroyed my soul to such a degree that it fueled a fire in me to run off to college and get a real job in the medical field. It's funny how a "dream job" can in reality be a nightmare.
>>
>>322055758
Madden games almost never get sold out. We almost always have sealed copies behind the register and in the backroom.
>>
I think the last game I bought there was opened by them at some point and resealed. Never going back again.
>>
>>322055648
Plenty of people, but I live in NYC so whatever. They're always packed with kids after school, casuals, moms and the wild neckbeard
>>
>>322055751
He was kind of overreacting, I wanted to tell him like "Hey bro, it's just Gamestop" but oh well.
>>
>>322054440
When I hear stories like this I don't picture a smooth conman, I picture a loser who has no value.
>>
>>322055648
Me
>>
>>322054440
Amazon are bros despite shitters like you. They really do care about their customers.
>>
>>322055751
It's a stress ordeal. You don't want to piss off customers due to them being able to report to the manager and potentially have your ass fired, and you're getting an overwhelming feeling of everyone getting on you at the same time.
>>
>>322055883
Oh I see. It was probably unintentional then, but yah never know :^)
>>322055798
I basically played every ps3 game I was interested in, 3ds is basically just waifu games or comfy games (All I had was Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with 400 hours on it)
Why not upgrade my hardware and get rid of a system I never use anymore to get a brand new system bundled with a game I love, and get the newest Madden for it? I'm starting to think (you)r post is bait now.
>>
>>322055648
I never buy digital. I skipped Fatal Frame because it was digital. Can't be helped.
>>
I worked at gamestop for 2 weeks as a side job, thought it would be fun. I was working alone one night, manager was in the back room having lunch, and a kid comes in with a backpack full of fucking skylanders. I had to match up every single one to some book because I had no idea what the fuck they were, he had like 90 of them. Meanwhile people were stuck waiting around while I finished. He got like 180 bucks for everything.

Next day I get another backpack full of PS3/XBOX 360 games, half of which we don't even take. Must have been like 300+ games, all with no cases, so I had to make cases for each one. Quit that very same day. Most un-fun, annoying job in the world.
>>
>>322055648
I prefer physical games for consoles. I only do digital for PC because of the sales and the ease of access in that case, but I prefer having discs.
>>
Post the one with the laser cheese.
>>
>>322056312
You had to work at work? How horrible.
>>
>go into gamestop
>it's raining
>be me be wearying my white shirt
>walk in and feel those silly perv's eyes all up and down my slender frame
>have to yell at them to stop staring

true story
>>
OP Here, I forgot to mention one of the funny moments.
>Waiting patiently for manager to go through his checks with systems
>Two white guys walk in
>*really loud talking*
>*YAH GOT ANY USED KINECTS 4 SALE?!"
>"Umm yeh we should have some over there"
>point.jpeg
>*LOL I HOPE THOSE ARE FOR THE NEW ONES! PRETTY HUGE RIPOFF DON'T YAH THINK? $89.99 FOR A PRE-OWNED KINECT?"
>Cashier kinda side glances at me and he looks like hes physically in pain from these assholes
>>
File: 1450231496178.png (103 KB, 745x1173) Image search: [Google]
1450231496178.png
103 KB, 745x1173
>go to gamestop a few days ago with giftcard from christmas
>want to buy a new 360 controller because my old one is a piece of shit
>go to the controller section
>WIRELESS CONTROLLER ONLY 44.99 USED GOYIM
>WIRED ONLY $39.99 USED GOYIM
>But our Gamestopâ„¢ brand 360 controller only $24.99 and only wired
>Decide to check out 3DS games instead
>Everything worthwhile is like $35+, even games from 2 years ago

I just left. I thought /v/ always exaggerated about that place but that was fucking next level jewery.
>>
>>322056475
I had to ignore the 10 other people in the shop because my shitter manager wouldn't come help me out. I work hard at my real job, I took up the job because I was a regular there and they told me they were short-staffed, I now see why. They don't give two shits about the customers there, every time we got some in they would just bitch and moan the moment they left. It's just not what I was expecting it to be, and my store manager wasn't even a gamer and owned no consoles.
>>
>>322055309
I went out on Halloween (fucking forgot it was even Halloween) to go to gamestop for a steam wallet card. Their computer appealingly switch to a new system and was complete shit. We was in no hurry so we just chat and ate some candy they had. Once I got my card he highly suggest to do the online survey thing and write get better computer service so hopefully they can improve it. I of course didn't do it but most of Gamestop problems seem to be the shitty system itself not the people who work there. Not saying there can't be shitty workers though.
>>
>On my lunch break at work
>Walk into Gamestop
>fucking no one in the place because it's a weekday
>See a second hand copy of that ps3 game I'm after
>pick it up and head to the end of shop to pay
>12 feet out from the counter the qt girl behind it perks up and says "hey!"
>oh shit I've heard about this
>brief but enjoyable banter, buy the game and leave

FUCKING GAMESTOP WHERE DID IT ALL GO SO WRONG
>>
>>322056785
>and my store manager wasn't even a gamer and owned no consoles.
That was the case at the three gamestops I worked at, and they almost never promote past store manager, our DM was hired from Radioshack.
>>
>>322056785
Also, they have this policy that only one person can be behind the register unless there is 5 or more customers in line, and since the DM had an office in our store, we had to adhere to that policy... Other employees are expected to walk around with a tablet and talk to people and get them to sign up for shit.
>>
>>322053548

>trading in anything

jesus christ just sell that shit on craigslist man. youre just fucking yourself out of hundreds
>>
>>322057014
The best part is that they go to conventions and shit for free, and get lots of free stuff INCLUDING the latest consoles. My SM told me how she makes a killing off that stuff, doesn't keep any of it.
>>
There's a GRILL who works at my local Gamestop who's tumblr incarnate right down to the horse face and having half of her head shaved.
>>
>>322056184
This, I love Amazon
>order something on the 23rd
>says it should be here within the 1st-5th of January
>Arrives today
I wasn't expecting it
>>
>>322053548
>trade 2 consoles with amazing game libraries for no gaems
This guy.
>>
>work for a data analyst company for store credit
>new company contract sign is gamestop
>get promoted and no longer have to work gamestop accounts
FUCKING GAMESTOP following me even to work.
>>
>>322056718
it's not prices that people bitch about, Gamestop isn't gonna go against any MRP ever
>>
>>322056221
I work at the speed I find comfortable. If I get fired because I wasn't able to satisfy 20 customers in 10 minutes, oh well. Unemployment checks until I can find something better and they scramble to find someone who is eager to let themselves be abused for minimum wage.

I've always valued having two jobs though, incase one goes bad.
>>
>>322056312
That's retail for ya. Try working in 911, are you gonna bitch and moan when there is a cardiac arrest? Or get to a three alarm engulf and there are people not accounted for?
>>
>>322056785
He was on lunch, you think anyone is gonna want to work on their lunch break. I honestly don't do shit that is work-related when I'm off the clock.
>>
>>322057203
>Getting shot and robbed
Nah, I'll just sell to people I know from work or used Amazon's trade in service.
>>
>walk into gamestop yesterday
>got a $25 gift card for christmas
>see they literally have no games worth buying as they were wiped clean due to the holidays
>decide to come back later

FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
>>322055648
>buying the digital jew
What a good goy you are.
>>
File: latest.jpg (270 KB, 850x1190) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
270 KB, 850x1190
I have an xbox 360 (left one) with a 120gb hdd and wifi card thing
How much would that get me off a PS4
>>
>go to GameStop
>way better Amiibo selection than Target, despite Target having a bigger section
>more games
>cute chubby guy at the register
>>
>>322061005

I have seen promos for like $100 off xbone with trade in, but they usually dont do it for ps4.
>>
>So I stroll into my local game stop looking to buy a copy of Persona no Embremu: Waifu Jam! Gaiden. I grab the game and take it to the charming maiden at the register. I say "pardon me, milady.... But could you ring me up? A shame I don't have your number, or I'd ring you up instead..." She giggles and takes the game, blushing as her fingers brush mine due to my fingerless gloves.

>Her eyes widen as she reads the games title "Wow, I've never seen anyone buy this before! You must have special taste!". I smile and ready a witty response when suddenly a voice rings from behind. "Hahaha look at what this faggot is buying! That's not Call of Duty! What a piece of shit!" I quickly turn around, my cloak billowing behind me, to discern the source of this rude outburst.

>Standing before me is generic dudebro caricature with a sports team cap and "The guy that beat you up that one time behind the school in early October" shirt just standing over the guffawing.

>"Excuse me sir... you may disparage my person if you wish, but it is untoward to swear in front of a lady."

>"Fuck you faggot!" The man replied.

>"As you wish..."

>I quickly swing my cane into his kneecap before he can react, he bellows and charges forwards. I expertly sidestep him and the cashier screams as he crashes into the counter. I draw my sword-cane and mutter a quiet oath as I drive it deep into his back.

>"...requiescat in pace..."

>As I clean my blade the girl walks out from behind the counter, twirling her hair with her fingers. "So...maybe you'd like to come over to my place and play that game sometime... ?" the cashier asked me.

>"No thanks milady, It's single player only. Besides..." I sheath my sword.

>"You're not my type"

>I skate away on my Heelys into the sunset.

FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
File: 1417658790639.png (32 KB, 217x278) Image search: [Google]
1417658790639.png
32 KB, 217x278
>at gamestop
>kid next to me, can't be older than 15
>talking to his 11-12 y/o brother about Zero Escape
>he buys Asura's Wrath, ZOE HD collection, and Lost Odyssey
>compliment his taste before he leaves the store
>gets a huge smile on his face and says thanks
It gives me hope to see kids like him who have a true love for vidya.
>>
File: Steambot Chronicles Cover.jpg (166 KB, 640x910) Image search: [Google]
Steambot Chronicles Cover.jpg
166 KB, 640x910
>be like 10 or something
>walk into local gamestop
>be that kid, you know the one
>the kid that stares at the games for like half an hour
>buy a game entirely because it looked anime-ish
>turns out to be one of my favorite games of all time
>it's steambot chronicles

THANKS FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
File: 1444036501595.png (83 KB, 340x245) Image search: [Google]
1444036501595.png
83 KB, 340x245
>mfw I only recently discovered that the GameStop closest to me has been shut down for some time
>>
>enter gamestop
>gamestop music is playing
>>
>>322061514
>mfw I only recently discovered that the GameStop closest to me has been shut down for some time because some guy touched some kids there
>>
>>322061715
>GameStop music is fetty wap because the dudebro and knee-grows have found the aux line for the speakers
>>
>work at gamestop
>fat fuck comes in
>wears fedora, trenchcoat and anime shirt
>spills mcdonald's coke while walking
>bites three hamburgers and stops to breathe
>finally makes it to the register
>"you guys have the new (weebshit game)?"
>"nah sorry sir"
>"fuck you"
>he walks away sweating
>makes an entire mcmenu fall to the ground
>"sir, you made a mess... are you okay?"
>"of course you faggot, i'm a mod on /v/"
>>
>>322061746
>Close a whole store and laid off people because of a pedophile
Because locking him up with angry niggers to beat him bloody and take turns in his ass isn't enough.
>>
>>322056605
Something like that happened to me, but instead of people staring, there was a huge slice of cheese, that shot lasers at me. it was weird as fuck.
>>
>>322053548
>go to game stop
>buy a copy of DMC4
>gamestop guy pulls out the special edition
>what?
>special edition has the same price

Fucking gamestop
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 500x494
>Preorder and pay for PSMD
>cute Asian chick with dyed hair at the cash register jokes that we're the only two people that preordered
>no one else in the store so we just talk about Pokemon and shit
>end up hanging out with her when her shift was up
>>
>go to gamestop
>want to buy the Ico/SOTC HD collection
>find it for $10 used
>bring it up to the counter
>"sorry man, looks like we only have one copy left but it's new"
>"oh how much for it then?"
>we can just ring it up as used for you
>"okay cool"
>get game
>go home
>>
>>322062362
There is a ghost in that pic anon
>>
>>322062646
It's the ghost of his dark side
>>
>>322062362
did u fug?
>>
>>322062362
aww thats sounds pretty nice anon. your not lying are you?
>>
>>322061967
I'm gonna be honest with you, since you seem so trustworthy anon, I've got a secret.

The GameStop near me did not, in fact, close because someone touched some kids there. I lied.
>>
>>322062757
I got head later on then we lost contact

I wonder if she lurks /v/
>>
File: wuuuuut.png (166 KB, 496x379) Image search: [Google]
wuuuuut.png
166 KB, 496x379
>>322062362
>going to gamestop to buy shit
>tfw find myself always dealing with the same girl every time
I wonder if this is some kind of a sub conscious process that my mind is making me do. Haven't had a gf let alone held a conversion longer then 5 mins with a girl. Maybe its time.
>>
>friend all getting borderlands 2
>decide to preorder from gamestop the day before it comes out because bad games with friends are still fun, and they're all getting the "exclusive dlc" too
>dont attend the midnight release because I have shit to do next morning
>come in later the next day to pick up copy
>"why didn't you pick it up at midnight"
>explain to the cashier that I shouldn't have too
>"well I have no idea if someone just kept the receipt and gave it to you to steal a copy" or something along those lines
>ask for my money back
>"Do you really want me to go through all these copies to see if you aren't lying?"
>yes
>spend the next 45 minutes waiting around while he counts up all the games and checks shit on the computer
>says he found it and I can pick it up
>tell him I want my money back
>walk into the walmart next door to pick up a copy
>friends drop it within a week
>>
>>322063297
I was like you not long ago. Could barely interact with girls. Once you get used to it and get laid a little it becomes easy. Just breaking the ice and leaving your comfort zone is the hard part.

You can do it anon
>>
>>322056382
Only correct answer. Not to mention physical PC games nowadays don't even have a CD, just a code
>>
>>322063521
It's a $5 game now wow.
>>
>>322054440
You know that's a felony, right? Don't mess with mail fraud.
>>
>>322053994
Me too. I just want to help customers. I don't give a fuck about numbers or shit.
>>
>>322064647
A lot of scammers like him don't realize that it's a serious crime to do that. Even misusing the supplies the USPS gives you can land you in hot water. I don't take kindly to him at all since I sell on eBay for a living and have only had to deal with his type a few times since I've started.
>>
>>322064647
Nobody cares, Newman.
>>
>>322056097
>picture a smooth conman
i don't think anyone does this except for you, you faggot
>>
>trading in your ps3 for a ps4

well your stupid enough to go to gamestop so I guess this makes sense
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.