[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1: How does a human government "ground" a Spectre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: mass-effect-31.jpg (100 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-31.jpg
100 KB, 1680x1050
>1: How does a human government "ground" a Spectre?
>2: Why surrender all freedom and power to a hopeless government, when there's preparations to make?
>3: What the fuck was Shepard even doing for the months he was grounded?
>4: Stripped of all rank and freedom for working with a terrorist organisation, yet spared full punishment because I have experience with Reapers: creatures the alliance still considers pure myth.

Why bitch about the ending, if the first five minutes don't even make sense?
>>
File: Colin Moriarty.jpg (18 KB, 478x270) Image search: [Google]
Colin Moriarty.jpg
18 KB, 478x270
>>322050602
shut up you entitled little shit.
>>
>>322050602
the entire game was a mess.
>secret weapon hidden on mars tbqh
>>
>>322050974
>that we just find after decades of being there.
>>
>>322050602
Nonsensical forced drama.
>>
>>322050602

I think you're reading into it entirely too much

it's just a simple sci-fi story about a hero who saves everyone from doom. Of course there's gonna be plotholes. But to me, it's not really a problem. I am more upset about the very limited amount of side-quests and side content. I 100%ed the game in like 1 day of playing
>>
>>322050602
Because despite Muh Action Shootin'!, Mass Effect was ruined with 2.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 208x243
>>322051120
>process of elimination mixed with a little desperation
>>
Its disgusting how everyone's complaints are either misunderstanding or petty shit.

I swear ME3 is the only game people nitpick about details while other games that dont even put half the effort into a story as ME does are ignored.
>>
>>322050602
Sheperd was still part of the Alliance, and I believe their Specter status had been taken away at that point as well (hence the Council reinstating you as a Specter when you meet them). Also Shepard wasn't grounded for working with Ceberus, but for exploding a mass relay and killing millions of Batarians.
>>
File: 0rdgeGO.gif (272 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
0rdgeGO.gif
272 KB, 256x192
Aside from all the auto dialogue, boring new characters (see: Vega), no personal questlines it was pretty good.
Gameplay was solid and MP was golden.
>>
>>322051480
The Reapers literally just arrived on Earth.

No one believed Shepard up until that point outside of Hackett and Anderson.

You're telling me it took them 5 minutes of digging after the Reapers showed up to find this magical plot device?
>>
>>322051445

How did 2 ruin it? 2 was about ignoring your differences for the greater good. That's a great concept.

Or do you mean the gameplay, which cut out micromanaging and made fighting less clunky.
>>
File: bale34234.png (334 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
bale34234.png
334 KB, 551x550
>>322051552
It's because the third was barely as good as the other two, you fucking idiot. How disgusting to expect consistency or--dare I say it--IMPROVEMENT, from a series with an ever-higher budget. Yes, disgusting, these endless nitpickings of ours.
>>
>>322053193
Oh the gameplay was unquestionably superior, but the story did nothing but harm the series.
>killed Shepard for no reason
>Ruined Cerberus
>Only major change between 1 and 3 was introducing Illusive Man, who wound up being just a shit version of Saren.
>>
>>322051327
>Of course there's gonna be plotholes.
There is no need for there to be plotholes.
>>
>>322051937
The turian councilor says the spectre status has been "upheld", not "returned". Far as the story has told me, my spectre status has carried over from ME2.

Anyway, Shep worked with a terrorist organisation - I'd just keep doing so if it means saving the galaxy. The opening of ME3 was totally out of character with any Shepard, considering ME2.
>>
He was supposed to have turned himself to stand trial for the batarians that were killed in Arrival, but BW didn't get around to making it. The entire prologue level was barely finished at all.

I imagine the kotor mmo was draining people from all BW studios during DA2 and ME3. ME3 even got a decent sized delay and still came out in a totally uneven state.
>>
>>322050602
>Leviathan adds all powerful race that can literally shut down Reapers wiith the power of thought to your alliance
>The only thing this does is add a few points on to your shitty galactic readiness thing
>>
>>322051327
There doesn't need to be plotholes if it's kept well in check by an editor, bud.
>>
>>322053737
>Illusive Man shit version of Saren

I never agreed with Saren. I always agreed with the Illusive Man. Especially when he preached about Reaper tech being the name step for humanity, after the mass relays.

>Ruined Cerberus

How so?

>Killed Shepard for no reason

Yeah that was kinda strange. Not sure why the collectors didn't just storm the Normandy like they did later in the game. What's the explanation?
>>
>>322053992
BioWare wanted to make Shepard more of a character in 3, so they took away a lot of player agency. Probably my biggest complaint about the game other than the ending.
>>
>>322054174
Wouldn't things have been cleaner if the ME3 opening has Shep standing trial then, instead of... whatever he was doing before they summoned him?
>>
>>322054174
I didn't even do Arrival. Pretty shitty how the writers just INSERT the repercussions into my game.
>>
>>322051480
I think that was the process in the writers room
>>
Liara?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.