[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne pros and cons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 18
File: bloodborne-preview.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-preview.jpg
545 KB, 1920x1080
I shoud buy Bloodborne for 30 euros (32$ I believe)? Is it worth it?

Thx
>>
>>322047706
If you're either going to whine its too hard, or whine its not as good as DaS1, don't bother.

Also you already have a PS4, but not this game? What the fuck?
>>
probably. if you enjoyed dark souls than most likely
also the online might be the most active now before DS3 comes out i actually have no clue because i haven't activated my psn yet
>>
File: Josh810.png (511 KB, 504x632) Image search: [Google]
Josh810.png
511 KB, 504x632
It was just a prank, dude.
>>
I'm having a lot of fun with it. I just died in the area where some fucker with a Gatling gun keeps shooting at me.

I've played about 18 hours of Dark Souls and I'd say it's just as enjoyable as that. Combat is more fun. I bought DS2 for the ps4 as well and that game is just annoying. So many fucking enemies and my weapons are all garbage and break every 15 kills
>>
Nice, thanks guys!
>>
File: cosmos.webm (2 MB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
cosmos.webm
2 MB, 950x534
>>322049063
Scholar take the fun away fron DS2 for me. They just keep pushing that "hard' meme with a very bad execution.
>>
if you make a tight level 50 to 60 build you will find online activity everywhere
>>
>>322049575
What's this?
>>
>>322047706

quite honestly, this game is stale, boring, repetitive, and non challenging
everything good about dark souls was gutted in order to make it a "gotta go fast" piece of shit

stamina is absolutely retarded, you dodge everywhere with no effort. It's not punishing at all if you fuck up a dodge because you can just do it 8 more times with no worries

there is absolutely no item progression to speak of in the game. for armors, the first hunter gear you find can basically be considered your general BiS gear in all but a few fringe cases/boss fights. there are literally only 2 weapons worth using at all, not only due to the fact that they are the most overpowered, but also effortlessly attainable (saw -> ludwigs)

the environment and atmosphere is nice for the first 30 minutes, then turn to repetitive shit with occasional fresh scenery. "hurr hey what should we do with this area?" "I know! Let's pile a bunch of stupid fucking stone statues of people all over the place like the last 20 areas we did that in!" "How brilliant!"

the bosses are repetitive in appearance, predictable in behavior, and not challenging at all
90% of their appearances can be described as amalgamations of spindly limbs, hair, and blood
90% of their behaviors can be described as a windup followed by a period of aggressive slashing
fights are a retardedly simple as dodging forward diagonally during this windup and attacking until out of stamina as they wail away facing away from you
and that's only IF you haven't found out that half the bosses are even easier to kill than that with oil + molotovs
and even that's only if you haven't figured out that most of the time you can summon MULTIPLE coop npc to basically kill the bosses for you while you run around with your dick in your hand listening to the boss themes (quite literally the only redeemable aspect of the game)

If you're a hardcore souls fan (demon souls/dark souls 1) you will be disappointed
>>
File: 0b4.jpg (35 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
0b4.jpg
35 KB, 453x576
>>322052792
>>
>owning a ps4 without owning the literal only decent exclusive on the system

why the fuck do you even own a ps4 in the first place?
>>
>>322051820
a webm

Here's another
>>
>>322052792
You're full of shit, dude.
>>
>>322053290
How did you trigger that cosmos effect in there though?
>>
>>322052792
dag sol 1 fan here, disagree with this guy

There were times where, panicking, I'd spam dodge after being hit and 9 times out of 10 that'd get me killed. You need to time your dodges, even if they're better this time around. And this is all without a shield, remember. Whilst the rallying mechanic lets you gain health back, the combat is still anything but gotta go fast; unless you're being respectful and careful you're gonna get fucked up. You get stunlocked like nobody's business in this game.
>>
File: 4L_WngfLyjX.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4L_WngfLyjX.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>322052792
I have more than 400 hours in DeS and over 600 in DaS and I love the shit out of Bloodborne. You sound like you haven't even played the game or are just salty about something
>>
>>322049575
how?
>>
>>322047706
Coming from a long time souls fan, you should spend that money on buying Undertale. If you already purchased it then buy it again to show your support!
>>
>>322053702

Wonderful argument!

If I was really so full of shit, wouldn't it be effortless to call me out and provide the obvious reasons I'm wrong?
The simple fact is that everything in my post is true and you know it. All this butthurt lately with W3 stomping all over BB with awards has been exceptionally hilarious because of how delusional BB fags really are.
>>
>>322054125
That particular rant is pasta, I've seen it multiple times before.
>>
>>322054462
Well, I fell for the meme
>>
File: 1450475862499.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1450475862499.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>322053935
>>322054302
Dont know.
>>
File: Hunters Nightmare.jpg (3 MB, 3881x1305) Image search: [Google]
Hunters Nightmare.jpg
3 MB, 3881x1305
>>322047706
Bloodborne is great. My only real complaint is the lack of challenge outside of the DLC. I only died to a handful of bosses. Never really got the 'holy shit I just got good' feeling. Apart from that all I have is nitpicks. Solid 8/10, second best game of the year.
>>
File: 4L_eXC1gryJ.jpg (508 KB, 1313x1600) Image search: [Google]
4L_eXC1gryJ.jpg
508 KB, 1313x1600
Official Ranking:

Bloodborne > Demon Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2
>>
>>322054014

if you're getting stunlocked then you're hilariously bad
you literally dodge forward diagonally and can not get hit unless you walk back into in front of the boss

>>322054125

have hundreds into das and probably half of that so far in bb, the flaws are apparent and you're just delusional if you can't see them

>>322054462

I've typed very similarly worded and structured post like it before in threads
just as is happening now, none of the points were ever addressed, just the usual "hurr cdpr shill go"
that trend WILL continue because you can't argue with these points; anyone who's played the game and isn't a complete retard at video games knows it's all true
>>
>>322055169
Ayy lmao sonydrone

Correct ranking:
DaS>BB>DeS>DaSII
>>
>>322055187
Everything you wrote is wrong though, specually the dodge mechanics, you do get punished if you are just spamming that dash button since you have to time it right
>>
>>322055187
I'm talking about groups, which is why you should be careful. Stunlocking isn't a thing that depends on skill level after the initial hit, otherwise it wouldn't be stunlocking, silly.
>>
>>322055187
Post your character stats.
>>
Why can't you upgrade armor/attire? Seriously, why? It's the one thing I hate about this game.
>>
>>322055604

There's no reason to have it in BB.
>>
>>322054834
Aw.
I had my dude praying in the clock tower for the last 20 mins expecting something.
>>
>>322055604
Why would you want that shit? It only gives twinks even more of an advantage over regular players. Also the armor in this game works as percentage, 250 in a defense is -25% incoming damage from that specific attack.
>>
It's literally the only game on the PS4, how do you not have it yet?
>>
>>322055604
I actually like it, it didn't mean that you had to commit to a certain piece of armour or forgo upgrading some armour in hopes that you'd find a better piece to start upgrading. As it stands you have a much bigger licence to swag, and you won't be stuck in the same clothes for the entire game.
>>
>>322055889
Too bad the armors suck in this game.
>>
I'm getting fucking sick of waiting for this to come to PC. We deserve it. Souls is popular because of us.
>>
>>322054331
How come you're typing regularly now when your previous post was full of terrible typos and no capitalization

Anyway, half the shit in that copypasta was the OP bitching about shit that was in Dark Souls and Demons Souls (OP dodging, starting gear is very good and better than most boss soul weapons and armor sets, easy as hell to get OP weapons right off the bat, can summon multiple buddies to help you in a fight, easy to cheese bosses with firebombs). You'd have to be one hell of a hypocrite to use half these arguments, but seeing as you bring up bullshit like award shows I'm guessing you just don't care and are here to mildly irritate people on the internet. If so, grats. I'm kind of annoyed. Good job.
>>
>>322055982
I'm glad not everyone online is caked in the same armour, but yeah it sucked when I leanred just how useless they actually were
>>
>>322055982
No they don't, they work just as well as DeS and DaS armor. Did you expect them to completely nulify damage?
>>
>>322056065
Friendly reminder to report blatant shitposting to make /v/ a better place.
>>
>>322047706
i still play it and i got it at launch

but i like souls games

i still haven't really touched into the chalice dungeons. making builds and going through the game gets better and better since you know where all the upgrade materials and know what to pick up.

theres plenty of weapons to give you replay value. first playthrough should be quality build though
>>
>>322052792

I'm a colossal faggot: the post

I mean really?

In the previous games you could literally turtle behind a shield, it was never punishing, dodging is far more risky.

Armor being cosmetic with minor stat changes is a good thing so we dont see faggots in the same sets over and over, it becomes a personal choice instead of 'I need these stats'.

People (well normal people, not faggots like you) pick weapons that they like or find fun, not the most OP ones, and Ludwigs is shit.

The environment is great, you cannot sit there and tell me that Cainhurst, the woods, Byrgenwerth and the nightmare areas are repetitive. I mean fuck even the areas in the city, the ones that are meant to be similar, have lots of differences. Old Yharnam is not the same as the Cathedral Ward.

You're blind if you consider the bosses to be repetitive, and they only become predictable when you fight them multiple times and learn them. Rom, Gascoigne, Gherman, Ebrietas, the Celestial Emissary, Logarius, the Shadows, they're all departures from the beast bosses you think compromise 90% of the bosses.

>If you're a hardcore souls fan

Ah you're one of those faggots.
>>
i just beat lawrence the hot dog, and it was fucking easy
i mean easy, in a way it was a good challenge and that's it
i had more problem with orphan of kos
>>
>>322056019
He hasn't played the game, notice how he stopped responding when asked to post his character.
>>
>>322054834
>>322054302
theres a boss prior to the boss room hes in, its kind of a glitch/bug that carries over from the previous boss room
>>
>>322055169
Actual ranking

BB=DaS1=DeS all for different reasons

Didn't play DaS2.
>>
>>322056163
>Mooooom!!!
>>
>>322056198

the hot dog is easy if you have a weapon with reach.

I took him down first try using the beast cutter and just keeping my distance. I'm sure the bowblade would make it even more trivial.
>>
>>322055492

literally the only objection that's been made of any of the points were about dodge mechanics, and basically you just keep saying that you're bad

dodging bosses is completely effortless and requires nearly none of this delicate timing that you speak of at all due to the obvious windups before they attack

I'm guessing my mistake was assuming the average player was somewhat competent at video games

>>322055508

if you have trouble with groups, then you're playing wrong and you have terrible mob management and positioning

>>322056019

because when I type a lot of shit i like to do it fast and not care about that
when it's one sentence then I'll give a little bit of a shit to make it pretty for maximum assblast

you're just straight lying (or just retarded) if you're telling me you walked into gwyn with starter gear
opportunities to cheese shit did exist in earlier games but were nowhere near as bad as bloodborne
I can go on, but you're just a deluded fanboy
>>
is there no reliable way to check total time played for bloodborne? i keep deleting and makin new characters so cant really get an accurate reading
>>
File: des222.jpg (993 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
des222.jpg
993 KB, 1000x1000
>>322056375
agreed
>>
>>322052792
Except if you screw up a dodge, you usually end up dead, because the damage you get hit with is increased.
>>
>>322056667

Again, post your character.
>>
>>322056723
fuck off back to your fucking general faggot, no one wants you here or cares about anything you say.
>>
>>322056198
his second phase is easy with bloodtinge or at least a high str build with cannon
>>
First focus your energy on getting to a point where 30€ are not significant amount of money for you anymore.
>>
>>322056836
Ran out of arguments?
>>
>>322047706
Sure, it's good, but how the fuck is 30 Euros worth 32 dollarydoos now? I haven't been paying to the exchange rate, but that seems crazy low to me.
>>
So /v/ what was the hardest boss in BB for you

non-dlc : amygdala

dlc included : lady maria / orphan of kos
>>
Powder Kegs best hunters.

>made a gatling gun
>made a chainsaw on a stick
>made a hammer that explodes
>made a spear with a gun
>made a powerfist
>strapped cannons to themselves
>purged an entire district so hard they were called heretics and kicked out
>>
>>322055169
>Bloodborne > Demon Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2
I agree.
>>
>>322057246
old man martyr

steeledge crow nothing personal should be a boss in its own
>>
File: yellowmememan.jpg (15 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
yellowmememan.jpg
15 KB, 324x291
>>322056836
And no one wants salty contrarian shitposters like you on /v/.
>>
>>322057246
Defiled chalice hot doggie, what a tedious little fuck.
Still haven't played the DLC.
>>
>>322057246

non-dlc: Eby, daughter of go fuck yourself

dlc included: Ludwig the rape horse
>>
Do the bosses get harder?
I just beat Rom and the most deaths i've had are 3 to BSB
>>
>>322057246
Depth 5 Descendant
>>
>>322052792
>hardcore souls fan
Stop.
I played all the games and this one is equally great to Dark Souls and Demons Souls.

You can fuck off, because by the looks of it, you just watched a bunch of "lets players" and made up your own conclusion off of that.
>>
>>322057246
>Vanilla
Blood Starved Beast
>DLC
Orphan of Kos
>>
>>322057724
depends on if you can parry effectively

some of the optional bosses are pretty tough.

required bosses after rom are pretty simple until the final and finalfinal boss

they are more tedious honestly.
>>
>>322056197

the argument that you and others make to cover up shit game design is hilarious
having to intentionally gimp yourself in order to make the game fun and challenging is shit, no questions asked

>Rom
>run at me and attack while i stand here

>Father Quac
stand behind a tree between attacks then he turn into the generic beast boss susceptible to fire cheese
if you did the quests you even have a stun that trivializes the fight

>the Celestial Emissary
sorry but there's never been an easier boss in a souls game I'm pretty sure
you run up and attack it until it dies, does it even try to attack back? I don't even think it did it was so easy

>Logarius
I'll admit I died once on this fight before I realized killing him without tricked Ludwigs was way easier

>Ebrietas
>stakedriver-2-shot.webm

>the Shadows
was a one shot for me, they're slight tougher than a group of regular mobs

they barely differ from the other bosses in the game and pose hardly any difficulty

>>322056827
literally went game cover build (starting hunter armor + saw) until ludwigs
I don't min max shit I just played the game and put str up to 30 then equal between skill and vit I don't remember where it is now

>>322057812
that's cute, but not even close baby
>>
>>322058135
Character
>>
>>322057246
Non-DLC: Probably Martyr Logarius and Rom.
DLC: All of them were fucking tough, but the Orphan was the toughest. I'd say Laurence was broken though and not fun to fight at all.
>>
>>322058135
Holy shit anon you must be some sort of genius!
>>
File: pungent_blood_cocktail.jpg (32 KB, 408x409) Image search: [Google]
pungent_blood_cocktail.jpg
32 KB, 408x409
>>322057904
>BSB
>hard
top pleb
>>
>>322058328
I described it but do not have immediate access to my ps4
if that general description is not enough then what are you looking for?
all of my critique was on a blind run, no min max cheese build shit or secret op weapon knowledge (not counting the fact your starting weapon is almost the strongest along with a weapon you naturally gain easy access to buy)
>>
>>322058416
Whatever fampai, Made me ride it's dick back at BL15 before I got the hang of the game and had a giant supply of blood vials to fall back on. That was the most difficulty I found in the base game.
>>
>>322058135
wow, this shit is no longer pasta. You're pathetic.

Also, >>322056197 was talking about the character design of the bosses, not their fights.

>stakedriver-2-shot.webm
You just said that saw and ludwigs are the only weapons worth using, lol
>>
>>322058135
>game has to be difficult to be enjoyable
wew lad

Also
>no mention of DLC bosses
>>
>>322058135
This posts reads like some retard who saw BB webms and think he is believable.

>stakedriver-2-shot
Lol, bet your dumbass doesn't even know the gems involved or stats involved
>>
>>322057904
>>322058416
>>322058587
BSB was mine when I first started the game until I found out all you need to do to beat him is strafe slightly to the left and attack him whenever he is near you and hasn't launched himself across the world breaking your lock on.
>>
>>322056667
If you get hit once you're playing wrong and have terrible reflexes and game skill
>>
>>322058551
Post your psn, i'll just look you up :^)
>>
>>322058135
Let me describe all of the Dark/Demons souls:

>hide behind shield
>chip the boss down until it dies

Literally every boss, and I didn't die once the whole game!

Holy shit, anon! How can this game possibly be good?
>>
File: YOOOOOOOOO.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
YOOOOOOOOO.webm
1 MB, 854x480
this weapon is pretty fun. I will always be a str guy though.
>>
>>322058135
>I can cheese the bosses so theyre bad
>>
>>322058804
Honestly if you take any damage whatsoever throughout the game you might as well just quit video games forever
>>
>>322057246
>amy

Amygdala is ridiculously easy, or at least was for me when I first encountered it. I died once because I forgot the arcane beam left explosions after the initial laser but didn't even take damage after that.

Logarius tore me a new one, though.
>>
>>322058935
str builds are pretty fun if you take full advantage of the weapons.

chikaige gets old really quick though desu. i like it still, has a lot fun things with it
>>
>>322057246
Defiled amygdala and ludwig
>>
>>322058971
Fuck, if you get hit or lose in any video game ever, you're fucking incompetent and should just kill yourself for being born with deadened reflexes, you waste of space.
>>
File: bag man has bag day.webm (3 MB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
bag man has bag day.webm
3 MB, 856x482
>>322059115
yeah chikage felt like r1 spam everything. when I use the kirk hammer I always go for the charged attack, use it like I am playing monster hunter. gotta get dem blunt gems on there.
>>
>>322058935
what weapon is that
>>
>>322058135
You realize that all the souls games had cheese strategies and they tended to be way more effective. For example cheesing False King Alant with arrows or using the pillar cheese in DaS1.

DaS2, was just brain dead easy even without cheese.
>>
>>322059324
the chikage. you get it from joining the vilebloods. untricked mode scales with skill, tricked mode scales with bloodtinge. I went 25 skill 40-50 bloodtinge so the one handed mode is usable.
>>
>>322058720

>>game has to be difficult to be enjoyable
>wew lad

shouldn't you be playing cod or minecraft or something?

>>322058718

>character design of the bosses

They are not very interesting at all

I never spent multiple tries on most of the bosses so his point about learning the fights with multiple tries was completely false. Most bosses were one shots for me which was quite disappointing. Quac gave me the most trouble because that was my first boss and I hadn't learned how to "play" the game bloodborn style and not das style yet. Once you have that down, it's too easy to predict everything else. That one tower gunner npc gave me more trouble than nearly all the bosses because of his aggression and damage he deals

>>322058759

The stakedriver joke was a reference to the fact that the boss is so predictable and obvious about what it's doing that you can string fully charged stakedriver hits on it.
>>
>>322059810
You're trying too hard, kiddo.
>>
>>3220589435

On my blind play though I simply fought the bosses intuitively and with the option given to me.
Is dodging, taking cover, and attacking cheese? Should I have unarmed fought everything? Get the fuck out.
>>
>>322059810
>shouldn't you be playing cod or minecraft or something?
ahh yes, the classic "ur a kid" insult

>The stakedriver joke was a reference to the fact that the boss is so predictable and obvious about what it's doing that you can string fully charged stakedriver hits on it.

No, the joke was that you never even played the game, yet you feel the need to shitpost after seeing a few webms on /v/

Guess this hardcore souls fan can't afford a ps4 :^)
>>
File: Hunter Bloodborne.jpg (111 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Hunter Bloodborne.jpg
111 KB, 683x1024
>>322047706
>Pros
+its a good game
+gameplay is good and the changes to the formula are fresh
+level design is good
+world design is good
+lore is well done
+looks good

>cons
-very short main game runtime
-not all the level design is that fantastic
-endgame is kind of abrupt
-not that much gameplay variety from the start, most is mid-late game content
-not much customization variety, most outfits tend to blend together and consist of similar pieces
-level variety isnt that great either, most areas blend together with the same colors
-a lot of power up content is hidden behind chalice dungeons
-chalice dungeons are not very engaging or fun when you get to harder tiers
-randomized nature makes the level design very bland and uninteresting
-very little special loot hidden in chalice dungeons, most is alternate versions of main weapons, the only real point is to grind for blood gems
-multiplayer system is worst in series
-covenants are a halfassed afterthought
-framerate is extremely inconsistent and bad in online multiplayer
-paid online
-if nothing else on the PS4 interests you, the game costs $400 or so
>>
>>322060357
>randomized nature makes the level design very bland and uninteresting

I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>322059810
>minecraft
Fucking excellent argument

No but really, what is this notion that
Easy=Bad

Also, how fucking retarded are you when you say
>oh yeah, I played through all the souls games in the past
>but this newest entry in the familiar series is so fucking easy dude, its so shit because its easy

Like really nigger?
Fucking off yourself.
>>
File: undying.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
undying.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
How do I beat her?
>>
>>322060512
Probably talking about root chalices
>>
>>322060352

ahh the classic "you haven't played the game" meme

>can't afford a ps4
K E K you wish, just ONE of my graphics cards cost more than twice what my ps4 + bb cost me
stay mad
>>
>>322047706
personally its my goty. i just beat it yesterday and no other game gave me the satisfaction that one did. gonna try ds2 tonight, hope its good.
>>
>>322060738
Ok then, post your PC specs if you won't post your BB character, or even your PSN ID
>>
>>322056194
PLAY THE DUNGEONS, at least till you meet the queen, there's new bosses on there, and probably the hardest bosses in the game excluding dlc.
>>
>>322060512
chalice dungeons.
probably should have specified that, figured it'd come across.

the chalice dungeons are designed in a way that basically shuffles together several different chunks and elements to create rooms and then connects them.

So they are not exactly a really carefully crafted design, but sort of a mishmash of presets put togehter
>>
>>322060357

>-chalice dungeons are not very engaging or fun when you get to harder tiers

That's actually the point where it started to get interesting for me.
>>
>>322060924
dungeons creep me out. too claustrophobic and dark
>>
>>322060357
Everything else I agree with, but
>short game runtime
which is bullshit, considering the new DLC and the amount of weapons it added
>variety
again, improved by the DLC tenfold
You kill Gascoigne, and you get to old yharnam. There, you can kill Djura after which you gain access to more weapons, you can get ludwigs after BSB, all the DLC weapons in the starting zone after Amelia, and the reiter and Chikage after Amelia as well.

Its only a matter of can you yourself get them through those high level areas, which comes down to how good you are.
>outfits
I never got this argument
Almost all of them have capes yeah, but do they look the same? fuck no

All the other points are valid but I have no issues with any of them personally. The framerate barely hitches for me and I never cared for covenants or such stuff like that.
>>
WHY CAN'T I BEAT LUDWIG, I'M ON NG+. I THOUGHT DEFILED CHALICE WOULD'VE KILLED ME
>>
>>322047706
32$ is a great price, and seeing all these people defending the game against that one shitposter shows it's an enjoyable game. Not only that, but the lore is super fun to get into. Get it, you won't regret
>>
>>322061095
WOW, but everything in bloodbornes atmosphere doesn't creep you out the slightest ? You're missing out man.
>>
File: dspepe.jpg (38 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
dspepe.jpg
38 KB, 400x330
>>322055114
is this the fucking dlc?

i went there by accident and got my ass whipped by 2 faggots, literally, im lucky to have made it out alive...
>>
>too much enemies at one time
>take to long to kill even if you are leveled
>blood vials are too low of a drop
>one enemy hits you you feel like you need to heal
>end up using blood vials on small injuries
>no more blood vials
It's pretty fucking stupid in that respect, not even Demon Souls had that clusterfuck of enemies and it had a way higher drop rate on heals because they understood you would need them.
>>
>>322061204
learn how to not die to the delayed jump attack and realize when hes gonna charge

those are the most times i've seen hosts/myself die a lot to

second phase is easier. when he raises sword above his head, dodge i-frame through aoe, then get right behind him to avoid the huge shockwave sword slam.

sword into the ground is the ez shockwave to avoid

and he staggers way easier in second phase

>>322061423
well yeah i already know what to expect in the main game. only place that i really hate going through is upper cathedral ward

i'm only missing out on gems tbH
>>
>>322047706
Do you own a PS4? Buy it
Do you like Dark Souls? Buy it
Do you want to buy it? Buy it
Do you only have 30 euros to make it through til next Tuesday? Buy it

Fuck man, make up your own mind.
>>
>>322061576
no you're missing out on the hardest bosses excluding dlc. They're some new bosses in there too that aren't on the main game.
>>
File: trilobite.jpg (570 KB, 4368x2912) Image search: [Google]
trilobite.jpg
570 KB, 4368x2912
>>322056375
That's exactly my opinion too but I've played probably 100 more hours of DaS than DeS and I bought them all at launch.
>>
>>322061490
That's why there's a regain mechanic. It encourages aggressive play. I never ran out of blood vials on my first playthrough,
>>
>>322061490
>too many enemies at once
>each weapon in the game has a crowd control move

>drop rate on vials is too small
>lying

>healing on small injuries
>when there is a healing mechanic introduced in the game just for that
>>
this is a DEX-fags dream game
at least in DS/DS2 i had options
>>
>>322061769
i've got up to the ROM chalice dungeon boss and stopped.

sure i'm missing out on the common brainsucker/loran silverbeast/bloodletter beast bosses. but fuck those undead giants

defiled can fuck off and yharnum queen seems like bait and attack
>>
>>322061879
>What is the Kirhammer, Ludwigs blade, Boom hammer, Amygdala arm, Logarius wheel, Stake Driver, Tonitrus and Whirligig saw
>>
>>322061490
I still don't know how to feel about blood vials.

In the early game, if you ever run out they're a complete bitch to stock back up on, and then in the late game you run out of things to buy and just end up getting a max stack of vials with no real need to have so many.
>>
Pros
Great aesthetic and design
Challenging
Some amazing boss battles
Faster combat than Das if you didn't like it's pace
Cons
Typical from issues like fps, camera and lock on being clunky, especially during boss fights against large enemies
Little build variety so on a first playthrough you'll probably run one or two weapons
Aside from the stand out fights most bosses are mediocre to shitty
Pvp is the worst yet
While it's faster than des and das it's not dmc or bayo so if you're expecting cuhrazee you might be dissapointed
>>
>>322062118
is beast cutter considered a strength weapon? i mean it seems like the str version of threaded cane but the scaling is like a damn saw weapon

also gatling gun/cannon/church cannon/fist of gratia :^)
>>
>>322062050

chalice rom is easier because the pillars block projectiles

>>322061876
the average souls player who dies to bosses 10-20 times or more will definitely be running out of blood vials by about after rom

doubly so if he did chalice dungeons concurrently

chalices in general suck up blood vials because few things in them drop vials, though by the time you're going through depth 5s you can probably easily buy them en masse
>>
>>322062356
Is the fist of gratia only good for parrying, or does it do damage?
>>
>>322062492
doesn't parry, but it staggers with like two hits or a combination of r1 and its attack.

its good for hyper-armor enemies like say, the big trenched dudes with the white faces around the oedan church.

i have the dlc guide on me, but there are scans on /vg/ if interested.

doesn't mention anything about it being able to parry
>>
>>322062492
it doesn't parry. what it does is stagger pretty much any enemy. Even bosses.
>>
>>322062492
Does anything parry besides guns?
>>
>>322062937
augur spell with the current patch
>>
>>322063231
ah, that's why I never encountered it. I never did a magic build.
>>
>>322053290
>that framerate

Christ.
>>
>>322062937

>Augur of Ebrietas
>Holy Moonlight Sword follow-up R2

That's all I know.
>>
>>322062854
>>322062882
My bad. I only read the description and that's what I got from it.
>>
>>322047706
Yes. Just don't be a bitch and whine about the difficulty.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.