[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROFL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
ROFL
>>
>>322043795
MUH 120 FPS
>>
>>322043795
This can't be real. What's in the box?
>>
File: what's in the box.jpg (3 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
what's in the box.jpg
3 KB, 256x144
>>322045372
>>
>>322045372
ram
lots of it
>>
>>322043795
That box isnt performance related, its just so the image can be created in the first place because the PS4 doesnt support that sort of hardware.
>>
Nice source OP.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me. VR will need more processing power than the consoles and most computers will be able to handle.
>>
>>322043795
consoles will always be holding the tech world back
>>
>>322045621
Why not just download it?
>>
>>322045652
https://www.gtplanet.net/playstation-4-needs-external-processing-unit-for-playstation-vr/
>>
Wait, so is this box for interpolating to 120hz?
>>
>>322045652
I can't have a gaming pc due to work + travel so I've got.

If hardware for overpriced gaming laptops like mine doesn't get better before VR really starts to catch on, and for consoles, I really don't why external processing is a bad thing?
>>
>>322045808
Shit you see how long it takes to download a game on psn? I could just imagine how long that would take.
>>
>>322045652
mang this has been out there for a while
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-project-morpheus

sony vr is for shiters anyway
>>
anyone who thinks the box is some sort of external gpu is an idiot.

It's for reprojection.
>>
>>322045964
I don't see external processing for the VR unit as a bad thing itself. It just opens the door for a slippery slope fallacy of "SLAP MORE SHIT ON YOUR CONSOLE AND IT'LL LAST FOREVER".

Kind of like the RAM upgrade thing for the N64. You had to buy new hardware in order to play certain games on it. People buy a console to have a simple box that just plays games with little to no fuss. If you have to start buying all these extra external processors, or new and upgraded processors, then that defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

But it's a slippery slope fallacy. It'll be fine. Probably. I JUST WANT TO PLAY ACE COMBAT 7 WITH THIS SHIT. GIVE IT TO ME SONY.
>>
File: 1440194008141.png (152 KB, 392x274) Image search: [Google]
1440194008141.png
152 KB, 392x274
>>
>>322045964
It is for a stationary / rarely moved thing like a console.

For laptops its fucking amazing.

>have sleek, portable laptop with nice SSD, 8+GB of RAM, and a good processor
>great battery life
>convertible to tablet mode
>set that shit down at home and plug in a 980 Ti for cuckolding consolefags in 4K
>>
>Need to render the screen twice from different views at high resolution for VR
>People surprised consoles shit themselves without something extra to render the second screen at the same framerate
It's simple math.
>>
File: seven-spacey.jpg (24 KB, 610x289) Image search: [Google]
seven-spacey.jpg
24 KB, 610x289
>>322045492
>>
>>322045492

10/10
>>
>>322046337
Is this a thing that currently exists?
My laptop's got a 64gb ssd, 1tb HHD, 12gb ram, i7, nvidia GTX940m

It's good but it's not really what I'm used to, medium high graphics with struggling 50fps
>>
>>322046337
>pluging a gpu into a laptop
Is this a thing that exists or am I missing something?
>>
>>322046904
Yeah man, you plug it into your PCMCIA slot.
>>
>>322046904

It's existed for a long time but I don't know how good it is these days. It used to be limited go like 1 PCIE lane, which surprisingly doesn't hurt performance as much as you'd think.
>>
>>322046778
>>322046904
No, sadly, but its the idea.

AMD and Nvidia need to get on it, and give us an actual eGPU solution.

People HAVE hacked it together though with weird "enterprise" connectors, and I think the thunderbolt ports on Macbooks (while running Windows or Linux).
>>
>>322045492
>>322046605

Subtle maymays are the best maymays.

I tip my fedora to you chaps.
>>
>>322046904
I know there's at least a half dozen types of GPU's you can attach to Apple computers with Thunderbolt, because it's high speed enough to be able to use them.

Most regular computers you can attach it with a PCI port, I think. They're really just enclosures with grafix cards in them.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.