[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne Gun Parries Vs Dark Souls Shield Parries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: gunshield.png (439 KB, 787x407) Image search: [Google]
gunshield.png
439 KB, 787x407
Which is harder to pull off and which game is more punishing if you fuck up?
>>
The gun mechanic is more rewarding so you don't eat a hit if you fuck up, balanced by having limited times you can do it and that it's your only form of stationary defence.
>>
I think they are equally difficult.

But the Bloodborne parries are tied to a resource.
So you can't just spam it like crazy.
and you get rewarded for pulling it off reliably.

Bloodborne wins this one easily.
>>
File: dontmakemesayit.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
dontmakemesayit.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
Bloodborne of course.
>>
I never could get the guns down in BB. It was just easier to dodge and attack. I really only used guns for finishing off enemies with little health left or to get the attention of a single goon in a mob.
>>
>>322039861
I mean you could just use a blunderbuss if you don't want to parry.
Still useful to stagger enemies sometimes.
>>
>>322039980
Meh. I've already finished the game and moved on to something else.
>>
the punishment aspect should be directly related to the amount of frames you are in recovery for if you whiff the parry. I don't know those numbers offhand.

I think both are easy to pull off, but BB is easier since I can parry at range.
>>
>Demon's Souls
Instant parry frames. Extremely small recovery time.
Can spam an offhand curved sword and be completely safe, worse than unpatched Monastery Scimitar.
Partial parry damage reduction.
Getting guard broken is devastating and partial parrying a huge weapon will likely kill you.
>Dark Souls
Instant parry frames. Small recovery time.
Can spam an offhand curved sword and be relatively safe.
Most weapons that can guard break you aren't fast enough to hit you during stagger.
Partial parry damage reduction so high that you'll take 20 damage.
>Dark Souls 2
Varied parry frames based on shield or weapon. Long recovery time.
Offhand curved swords are trash for parrying, except Monastery Scimitar, which is now almost as good as a small shield.
NO partial parry frame reduction, and a parry counts as an attack for counter damage.
>Bloodborne
Hyper armor during firing. All bullets/pellets instantly parry. Timing is only different for the Piercing Rifle, though recovery time differs.
Breaks most hyper armor. Extremely safe.
>Dark Souls 3 network test
Instant parry frames. Small recovery time.
Partial parry reduction.
If you are kicked during a parry, you will be guard broken, and can be guard break riposted.

Dark Souls 2
>>
BB's parry is way easier, to the point of me actually using it. I never thought DaS' parry was at all worth the risk, even against enemies whose moves I could consistently parry, because I could simply run into them and kill them before they get any attack off instead.
>>
>>322039580
Blood bullets and Blood Rapture make bullets pretty much infinite.
>>
>>322039192
Bloodborne's parry is easier and can be used an most enemies, however to compinsate for that many enemies can mix up the delay's on there attacks and most attacks involve them lunging so timing is extremely key.
In Dark Souls timing is still an issue but at the same time it is only viable with humanoid enemies.
>>
Shield parry is harder but its only useful against a few enemies and the final boss. In Bloodborne at least the parry is something you can use throughout the game, although it makes a lot of shit piss easy.
>>
>>322039192
More punishing in Dark souls since healing is more limited and you don't have rally if you fuck up a parry
>>
Bloodborne to both.
>>
>>322039192
I think shield parries take more time to grasp and can be more punishing, but I prefer the guns
The range makes it so you don't have to worry about the enemies range, the fact that it's tied to a resource means you're discouraged from mashing L2 when the enemy starts an attack animation, and in general is a cooler concept
>>
>>322039504
>>322039580

>limited times
>fucking 20 times plus any number of +5 bullets afterwards
>no way to punish if you fuck up

Guns are the reason BB PVP is fucking dead. People just popping shots waiting for a visceral without anyway to punish. It's a fucking travesty of a mechanic.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.