[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heart Gold pokemon team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
Is this a good team for Heart Gold?

Not competitive battling, just for beating the game... I feel like I have a few weaknesses that I could solve with moves.

I also hate that I don't have a fighting type in there.
>>
idk about the egg bro
>>
>>322037386
Pic related:
Mareep, Gastly, Horsea, Cyndaquil, Larvitar, and Togepi
>>
>>322037386
BALS TO THE WALL
>>
>>322037491
It'll hatch into Togepi. It's the egg given by Elm's aide.
>>
>>322037682
dafuq?
>>
>>322037386
It doesn't matter, the story mode is easy as fuck use whatever you like
>>
>>322038303
Well, then just tell me if it'll grow into a solid team or if anyone needs to be replaced.
>>
>>322038537
6 lv. 1 rattatas is a solid team
No, seriously, it is
>>
headbutt trees in azalea for a heracross, that solves your fighting type problem.
>>
>>322038537
Everyone is really solid, just make sure to do some sort of emulator trading to get Haunter into Gengar.
Level grinding in HGSS is a pain towards the end though, getting Pupitar to 55 for Tyranitar may be kinda hard.
>>
>>322038908
replace togepi or horsea (if you have no ways of evolving into a kingdra) with it.
>>
>>322038908
And who should I eject to make room of a heracross?

That also gives me two weaknesses to psychic types. As much as I love Gengar, it may be best to switch for an umbreon or something?
>>
>>322037386
The main game is never too hard. You could have a team of all water types and you'll still beat the game so long as you don't neglect training
>>
>>322039153
True, that's why mono-type runs are so popular.
>>
>>322039080
>>322038992
I've actually gotten around the evolution problem.

I randomized the rom so that I can evolve to Kingdra and Gengar without having to trade.

Is a togekiss worth it? I only meant to keep it because I have heard that it's good and I do need a fly mule.
>>
>>322039249
Yup.

Mono-type runs are fun as fuck.
>>
>>322037386
where did you get those sweet pokes man
>>
>>322038537
>Pupitar
>Mareep

Are you after my heart anon?
>>
>>322039267
Depends on its ability. Hustle or Serene Grace. Serene Grace is godlike.
>>
>>322039440
My friend bred them (larvitar and horsea) from his soul silver and traded them to me. Mareep and Gastly I caught, and of course, Prof. Elm gave me the Cyndaquil.

>>322039452
Haha
>>
>>322039267
Togekiss is okay, normal/flying type in gen 4 but it has good special attack and special defense.
Only issue is you need a shiny stone to evolve, which are uncommon in hgss.
>>
>>322039684
Alright, and what nature do you recommend? I think I might end up rebooting the game when I come close to hatching it to make sure I get serene grace.
>>
>>322039737
Yeah, I am aware that you can obtain one after beating the Elite 4 the first time.
>>
>>322039103
assuming you get larvitar to tyranitar, tyranitars sand stream ability is going to be doing residual damage to your team if you switch often and it can get annoying. also larvitar-pupitar suck and quadruple water/grass blows, also larvitar has a slow exp gain rate and getting it to 55 would take pretty much the whole game so you'll be stuck with the pre-evo for a long time, not much time to reap the benefits. if you're going for the heracross, replacing larvitar also an option. it really depends on how much you like tyranitar, it's doable but likely going to be annoying.
>>
>>322039871
I recommend timid. It's attack is shit as it is so no loss there, and the speed boost is really nice.
>>
>>322040154
I see, I'll think about it. Hopefully the Exp boost from it being a trade offset that somewhat.
>>
>cyndaquil
my nigga
>>
>>322040270
Thanks!
>>
>>322040154
then again the story mode is piss easy, especially hg/ss, so it's whatever use the pokes you like best.
>>
File: ylijumala.png (244 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
ylijumala.png
244 KB, 600x451
>>322037386
>for beating the game
>Larvitar
anon, what the fuck are you doing
If you're actually trading pokemon over from other games/using cheat devices to get whatever the fuck you want on your team, what is the point of even asking that question
And yes, the game can be beaten with just about anything
>>
Decided I'm keeping Larvitar.

Kinda wish there were some kind of flying/fighting type I could use to eject togepi out.
>>
>>322040962
Your point?
>>
>>322040448
no problem, have fun playing it.
>>
>>322038698

I've never really bothered to learn high-level pokeymans. How would you beat storymode with six level 1 Rattatas? That seems impossible, if for no other reason than the fact that they would level up after killing one enemy.
>>
>>322041237
My point being that surely OP is aware of just how strong of a pokemon Larvitar/Tyranitar is, just by having it along means he shouldn't run into any difficulties (and it's not a pokemon one would have access to that early in the game without trading for one). Not that pokemon is very difficult in the first place. Which makes me further question the decision to bring such a powerhouse along, unless it's OP's favourite or something.

>>322039103
>That also gives me two weaknesses to psychic types.
You're overthinking it. Having two monsters with a Psychic weakness is not going to be a problem at any point if you have other pokemon to deal with them.
>>
>>322041091
staraptor is a flying type that can learn close combat, that's probably the closest thing to fighting/flying in 4th gen.
>>
>Typhlosion

I'm sorry, OP.

Anyway, this is a plenty-well-balanced team to carry your run overall. Togetic/Togekiss will be slow but rewarding once evo'd. Larvitar may not pay off until Red.
>>
>>322041764
Well, Tyranitar has been a favorite of mine every since I played Gold way back when I was a kid. Its why I asked a friend to breed one for me. I don't give a fuck if its not accessible since early in the game. I also really wanted a Kingdra because it intrigued me and I had never had one on my team.

So, to me, the argument is moot.
>>
>>322041764
training larvitar is a pain in the rear, it's going to be the weak link in your team for a while for a large portion of the game, it'll faint often and and be difficult to keep alive to anything that it is weak against relative to it's level.
>>
>>322041874
You don't like Typhlosion huh?

I tried Feraligatr in the original second gen. I wanted something different.
>>
>>322037386
DUDE TYRANTIAR
just fuckin lvl pupitar hes so op, he carries you throu everything
>>
>>322042231
Feraligatr is a better starter. He gets a really nice pickup gen 4 because he gets physical water moves to compliment his stats, whereas Typhlosion kinda stagnates.
>>
>>322042093
I don't recall that being the case when I caught a Dratini in Fire Red and used that in my team, though Dragon does have some resistances over Rock/Ground... but still, Pupitar should fill the role of a Rock pokemon pretty well over the course of the game. If you want a middle stage pokemon that is an absolute pain to train, look at Vibrava.
>>
>>322042428
You do have a point, but I don't feel like restarting the game.
>>
File: 1424531965343.png (3 MB, 1280x1456) Image search: [Google]
1424531965343.png
3 MB, 1280x1456
Who retard here?
>crobat
>tentacruel
>sudowoodo
>ambipom
>arbok
>HM slave gyarados
>>
>>322042468
I didn't have much trouble training Vibrava in Emerald. It evolves earlier than Pupitar and Dragonair and mine actually leveled up quite quickly.
>>
Garados is beast as fuck

You should be fine as long as you don't get spammed from those fucking jewbats, god I fucking hate them
>>
>>322041709
focus sash, endeavor, quick attack
>>
>>322042781
Hey, at least it is a unique team, more so than starter + 5 legendarys
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.