[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misunderstood genius or overrated hack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: our guy chris metzen.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
our guy chris metzen.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
Misunderstood genius or overrated hack?
>>
I dare you to do better. you bitter faggot
>>
>>322031393
He's really corrupted story telling at blizzard.
>>
File: iwouldliketoorder.jpg (73 KB, 964x743) Image search: [Google]
iwouldliketoorder.jpg
73 KB, 964x743
His early work was a little too “flavor-text driven fantasy” for my tastes, but when World of Warcraft came out in ‘04, I think he really came into his own – both commercially and artistically. The whole game has a clear, crisp story, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the lore a big boost! He's been compared to John Ryan, but I think Chris has a far more bitter, cynical sense of writing. In '08, Metzen released this, Wrath of the Lich King, his most accomplished expansion. I think its undisputed masterpiece is Arthas Menethil, a character so lore-heavy, most people probably don't read into his story. But they should, because it's not just about the ease of gradual moral degradation and the unholy corruption of his psyche, it's also a personal statement about Warcraft itself!
>>
>>322031393

Who? Steve Blum's evil brother?
>>
>>322031393
Neither

His early writing spawned some decent ideas but hes just now just a face of the company
>>
File: 1349275482249.png (21 KB, 480x678) Image search: [Google]
1349275482249.png
21 KB, 480x678
Hes good at what hes paid to do: make a very easy to follow story with plot twists that arnt too indepth for people who think the anti-hero is the pinical of deep story telling.

In laymans terms: He is good at pandering to young adults. He could never make it into bigger circles of higher class fantasy writing, but thats alright, he makes a living on sub-standard story telling to people who dont know the difference.
>>
>>322031393
Hack is far too kind word for this piece of shit. Too bad blizz will never fire him, even after the SC2 fuckup. I still don't understand how is a single man able to fuck up established story so much.
>>
>>322031946
Fuck, I was so confused until I looked at the image.
>>
>>322032870
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>322031393
misunderstood hack
>>
Coked up guy with sometimes good ideas who has nothing but yesmen surrounding him.
>>
No matter how much coke Metzen does he will never be as horrible as Emil Pagliarulo.
>>
>>322031393
Can't draw, can't write. If it wasn't for his friends he'd not be where he is. He should be eternally grateful to everyone involved in getting him where he is now.
>>
>>322035353
I liked his WC2 artwork desu senpai
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.